Quantcast

» «
Photo

What do you think of the "tommmy guns" (your opinion)

39 replies to this topic
Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

i personally think its a great addition to the game, a long awaited dlc its great i love how may rounds it delivers with acuracy, also i think the sound is great, not sure about the car seems to fast for my liking and sounds a little unrealistic to a compare it to a car of the time, however it is a great addition and i am glad to be part of it by playing , what do you guys think, was it great fun? or a shame to play, please voice your opinions will be looking forward to the read, thank you

hobs out.
  • lizardman563 and stjimmy3 like this

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Ride or Die!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

when i bought mine i was up in sandy shores, i went into the dessert to try it out, found a couple of trees and shot the sh it out of them.

in short, ye im happy with it :-)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

It is fun to use the Tommy gun. Then again its fun whenever you get anything new.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Best machine gun yet, and that car is amazingly heavy. I like that.

• Luuk' likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

It sweeps crowds brilliantly. Some place like Grove St. or the Chinese theater where there are alot of people crowded in a little area is ideal. I mowed down a whole wave of gangbangers with just the Tommy Gun. http://rsg.ms/NMj17H I hid behind the Roosevelt. 

• Osho likes this

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

It sweeps crowds brilliantly. Some place like Grove St. or the Chinese theater where there are alot of people crowded in a little area is ideal. I mowed down a whole wave of gangbangers with just the Tommy Gun. http://rsg.ms/NMj17H I hid behind the Roosevelt.

it does the job perfectly i must say its my go to gun from now on!

very happy with is dlc ! :) :)

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Gangsta Bunny

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:37 PM

I feel as awesome as it is, stylistically it should be a Michael gun. I feel weird using it as Franklin and Trevor. 

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:44 PM Edited by Hobs, 14 February 2014 - 11:45 PM.

I feel as awesome as it is, stylistically it should be a Michael gun. I feel weird using it as Franklin and Trevor.

i must say i agree with you on that one, simply this weapons excels others in its gun "family"

pajkosinjo
  • pajkosinjo

Get Down Saturday Night

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

It has 50 bullets and makes a lot of damage.

I love that thing  :die:

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

It has 50 bullets and makes a lot of damage.

I love that thing  :die:

just noticed its 50 with extended but yet it is indeed impressive.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Rooftop Sniper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Great for close range. But between using it to shoot at Noose coming at me inside a subway tunnel, then switching to the Combat MG and owning someone who tried to shoot me with the Sweeper from a distance while I had my combat MG..it's not good for medium to long range combat.  

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Quite a deadly weapon from my short stint trying out the gun and car. Looks the part with drum magazine

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

I love how it sounds. It just sounds vicious.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Great for close range. But between using it to shoot at Noose coming at me inside a subway tunnel, then switching to the Combat MG and owning someone who tried to shoot me with the Sweeper from a distance while I had my combat MG..it's not good for medium to long range combat.  

I wanted to know this, thanks!  I did NOT update.  Still on 1.08, actually.  I like going on rampages using the Train Flatbed Car, and more than 90% of the time, you're dealing with NOOSE from helicopters.  I use the Combat MG the most.  But I also like the AP Pistol, Advanced Rifle, MG, and Minigun.  So thanks for letting me know the Sweeper isn't as good for rampages with NOOSE.

How is this gun compared to the Minigun.  Seems like the Minigun is the ultimate no matter what.

KeepCalm and CarryGun
  • KeepCalm and CarryGun

Falling Outside The Normal Moral Constraints

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

Damage from the Sweeper is slightly higher than the combat MG, rate of fire is comparable, but range is decreased (check the stats) 

Plus it only holds 25% as many rounds when both are fully upgraded, although, to be fair, 50 rounds is plenty :)

It rocks, just wish I could get all 3 characters to equip it at the same time when together (they all seem to go for the combat MG)

Seems like the Minigun is the ultimate no matter what.

Yep. The damage per round is less, but the minigun's rate of fire makes up for it.

Some damage x highest rate of fire = They all die.

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Nice hip-fire animation.

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Damage from the Sweeper is slightly higher than the combat MG, rate of fire is comparable, but range is decreased (check the stats) 
Plus it only holds 25% as many rounds when both are fully upgraded, although, to be fair, 50 rounds is plenty :)

It rocks, just wish I could get all 3 characters to equip it at the same time when together (they all seem to go for the combat MG)

Yep. The damage per round is less, but the minigun's rate of fire makes up for it.

A very valid point keep calm, this is the reason i love this gun so much, also its "spread" is useful when enemies are hiding behind cars,

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:24 AM

It's a very fun weapon. I use it to mow down the group of Lost MC members that hang outside their East Vinewood clubhouse. And I think tomorrow I'm going to head up to Hookies and clear out the bunch that hang around there with it.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

I would check, if I updated.  Still on 1.08, won't update for a while, if at all.

I mainly just want more garage space, until then...Don't need to update my SP.

Rune_X
  • Rune_X

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Definitely more enjoyable to use than the SNS Pistol.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

theres something oddly satisfying about spraying an entire clip into a ped with it right after saying "the don sends his regards"

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:23 AM

Definitely more enjoyable to use than the SNS Pistol.

Yeah it certainly is the best dlc gun yet, well i think so anyway! :r*:  :r*:

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

its awesome. as is the car. The bigger a variety, the better. The uniqueness of them helps too.

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Really like that weapon BUT it looks weird that the character aim with the hip and not with the shoulder. Wtf?

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Really like that weapon BUT it looks weird that the character aim with the hip and not with the shoulder. Wtf?

Not really, as this is the stance we saw in movies. It could be worse, imagine we had Gangsta DLC and Franklin would aim with "sidegrip" or "scorpiongrip". Awful.

M4RK
  • M4RK

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

I just walked into ammunation and the tommy gun is no where to be found. Was the dlc for a limited time only??

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

The tommy gun gave me a good orgasm. I love it! I am not sure if there is anyone out there that always wanted a Tommy in a GTA game, but if there is, I hope that person is happy. 

theregomatt
  • theregomatt

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

I just walked into ammunation and the tommy gun is no where to be found. Was the dlc for a limited time only??

if its online then its limited but singleplayer it automatically gives you the gun and car

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:51 PM Edited by killahmatic, 17 February 2014 - 09:52 PM.

Thats the stereotypical way to hold a tommy gun. It was in all the old movies. Its like the modern gangstas that hold the weapon sideways. In reality, accuracy goes WAY down, but its just for Hollywood. In a GTA game accuracy obviously isn't effected.

Sir Winthorpe Herrington
  • Sir Winthorpe Herrington

Rachet

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

The tommy gun is a great addition to my arsenal. Still waiting on a chain saw, ninja sword, and flame thrower. I expect them to be coming with paid dlc. They wouldn't give us the good stuff for free. As far as melee weapons go I think we need to see more animations. Just having a new weapon skin that does the same exact thing (knife/bottle) could be better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users