Quantcast

» «
Photo

Rate the Valentine's Day Massacre DLC

49 replies to this topic

Poll: Rate the Valentine's Day Massacre DLC (195 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate it!

1. 11/10 (15 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. 10/10 (21 votes [10.77%])

Percentage of vote: 10.77%

3. 9/10 (18 votes [9.23%])

Percentage of vote: 9.23%

4. 8/10 (45 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

5. 7/10 (45 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

6. 6/10 (13 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

7. 5/10 (7 votes [3.59%])

Percentage of vote: 3.59%

8. 4/10 (6 votes [3.08%])

Percentage of vote: 3.08%

9. 3/10 (8 votes [4.10%])

Percentage of vote: 4.10%

10. 2/10 (2 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

11. 1/10 (2 votes [1.03%])

Percentage of vote: 1.03%

12. 0/10 (3 votes [1.54%])

Percentage of vote: 1.54%

13. Why Rockstar, why?! (10 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Now what's your favorite addition(s)?

1. Albany Roosevelt (84 votes [21.11%])

Percentage of vote: 21.11%

2. Gusenberg Sweeper (118 votes [29.65%])

Percentage of vote: 29.65%

3. New male clothing (78 votes [19.60%])

Percentage of vote: 19.60%

4. New female clothing (30 votes [7.54%])

Percentage of vote: 7.54%

5. Blow kiss animation (18 votes [4.52%])

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

6. New female haircut (6 votes [1.51%])

Percentage of vote: 1.51%

7. New races (9 votes [2.26%])

Percentage of vote: 2.26%

8. New deathmatches (8 votes [2.01%])

Percentage of vote: 2.01%

9. Return of the Ratloader (35 votes [8.79%])

Percentage of vote: 8.79%

10. Nothing! (12 votes [3.02%])

Percentage of vote: 3.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

I bought a Roosevelt, you're not missing out if you can't afford one. Unless you really want to get into the whole mafia thing.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

The patch gets 11/10 (no more blink glitch)

The VDay pack gets 5/10...the car is too expensive, especially after having to drop serious loot on the clothes and I'm a multi-millionaire with space in my garage for the car.

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

7/10. The customization options are pretty good, the Roosevelt is nice and the Gusenberg is awesome. No real meaty content added but it was a good update.

If Rockstar released updates like this every few weeks, just with relatively superficial stuff, I think it would tide people over between major updates. Well, apart from the YOLOSWAG kiddies who scream about heists all day.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:05 AM Edited by AfterDeath, 15 February 2014 - 09:35 AM.

My original impression of the Valentine's day Massacre DLC was that it was great, but now that I've played around with it I don't think the same. Rockstar told us the stuff would be available for a limited time, and all of it costs a hell of a lot of cash if you intend to buy it so that you will get to keep it. Clearly they did this to gain something, otherwise it would be pointless.

It seems like the goal here is either 
A) to get everyone grinding away at the missions again

or
B) to get people to consider cash cards

Option A should happen regardless, and option B should happen because the game is worth spending more money on, not because Rockstar is out to claim limited exclusivity on DLC.

I don't know, I guess it all seems shady to me. The fixes were good though, I just don't understand why the bigger problems aren't taken care of... like the fact that once you're online and in a certain type of session, if you want to switch characters you must swap characters, be put in a public session, leave online, then rejoin online in the type of session you were in originally. We should be able to go through one step to change characters, not ten. That's just one big gripe I have with the game that for some reason they don't care to realize is completely and utterly retarded.

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Notoriously Punctual

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

My original impression of the Valentine's day Massacre DLC was that it was great, but now that I've played around with it I don't think the same. Rockstar told us the stuff would be available for a limited time, didn't give us an exact time frame, and all of it costs a hell of a lot of cash if you intend to buy it so that you will keep it.

They said it was available to purchase up until the end of the month. Seems like an exact time frame to me, no?

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

My original impression of the Valentine's day Massacre DLC was that it was great, but now that I've played around with it I don't think the same. Rockstar told us the stuff would be available for a limited time, didn't give us an exact time frame, and all of it costs a hell of a lot of cash if you intend to buy it so that you will keep it.

They said it was available to purchase up until the end of the month. Seems like an exact time frame to me, no?

I've checked their twitter and the social club page for the second time now and finally found where they mentioned it. I thought that it was just a rumor around the forum that wasn't true, just like 99% of the rest of the stuff posted here. Will change my original post, thanks.

• Insert-Coin-To-Continue likes this

JKan420
  • JKan420

stoned alcoholic

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

8/10 I passed on getting the Roosevelt and clothing but the Tommy gun is fun. My fav part though which isn't a choice is the little upgrades: launch all missions from phone, friendly fire option, although I'm going to really miss killing the mechanic. And the new email option on our phones has me intrigued.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:43 AM Edited by CarimboHanky, 15 February 2014 - 10:46 AM.

voted 8/10 because of the content , payout rise and making missions available from the menu.

would have been a 10/10 have they not touched the playlist teleport.

and would have been a 11/10 have they not removed the mechanic... loved to kill that bastard!

overall its being the best, non game breaking patch they have released.

i mean they managed to fix a lot of things and add new content without completely f*cking up the rest of game, thats a first for gtao.

kudos R*

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

11/10

The fixes and updates are awesome. The content was nice and I've been hoping for a Typewriter. The car, while expensive, is awesome and definitely in the appropriate price range (considering the price of the Z Type). I hope that they do stuff like this consistently. Can't wait to see what they do for St. Patties Day and Cinco de Mayo.

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I go rampage cuz I'm bored I fap cuz I'm thirsty.

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:05 AM

9/10

I freakin love both the new male and female clothing. It was about time we got some decent suits, and even dresses! The Roosevelt and Gusenberg is also two very nice additions.

But...

Some of the content is getting a bit boring after bit of time. When Rockstar first announced the DLC, I was really excited, and yes, it was a glory to wear fine suits, but the 20's gangsta spirit suddenly dies after short period of time. I hope in the future that Rockstar will add some DLC's with normal casual clothing - like the untucked shirt with rolled up sleeves, that Michael and Trevor can wear. The T-bone glasses that Franklin can buy are dope too.

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

9/10

I freakin love both the new male and female clothing. It was about time we got some decent suits, and even dresses! The Roosevelt and Gusenberg is also two very nice additions.

But...

Some of the content is getting a bit boring after bit of time. When Rockstar first announced the DLC, I was really excited, and yes, it was a glory to wear fine suits, but the 20's gangsta spirit suddenly dies after short period of time. I hope in the future that Rockstar will add some DLC's with normal casual clothing - like the untucked shirt with rolled up sleeves, that Michael and Trevor can wear. The T-bone glasses that Franklin can buy are dope too.

I just wish they would give us all the clothing available to the SP characters.

Ch4071C
  • Ch4071C

Welcome to the Jungle

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:19 AM Edited by Ch4071C, 15 February 2014 - 11:21 AM.

Just two more days farming money for a Roosevelt for my GF. Got mine already, it's fun.

@CaliMeatWagon: They should have made Cross-Unlocks. If it is unlocked in SP your MP char can have it too

Deathmaker158
  • Deathmaker158

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'm glad the stuff costs so much. Unlike the Beach Bum pack level 1s won't be entitled to the stuff as soon as they start.
I voted 8/10, good update and a solid DLC.

Toombs
  • Toombs

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:33 AM

I think this update is really nice, they have really fixed alot of issues in the game.

The valentines pack is a fun add-on, the two things ill enjoy the most out of it all is the return of the ratloader/craploader and the new Gusenberg Sweeper. The Roosevelt is a great looking vehicle, but after having tried it in SP i found it not to be worth what i had expected.

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

11/10, it was the best update so far, I like all the new features, but my most favorite is that they fixed the glitch where you lose hair from a full face mask, that was so annoying, since I loved my Skulls masks and I couldn't wear it without being bald

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

7 out of 10? You people are easy...

LeperJones
  • LeperJones

SANTANIST

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

7/10 The fixes are great but I, personally, would like more of everything I guess. Also the fixes are real welcome but some of 'em don't actually work completely, my hair still disappears with masks sometimes but not all the time as it was.

return-to-innocence
  • return-to-innocence

enigma

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

back after a hiatus.(aka a whining fest)

OT: this update is by far the best GTA online has had. So much was fixed that is mind boggling, that in of itself makes this game fun for me again. Then we get badass clothes/car/tommy gun and some cool missions to boot. Can honestly say that I was completely wrong about this game and the direction it was headed. This update proves R* was listening and wants to put the best game out there that they can.

PS I want to apologize to the members of this forum for my stupid(trolling) actions the last month or two.. Also, I'm apologizing to the moderators for my ridiculous threads that had absolutely no merit whatsoever, they were just idiotic trolling attempts.

Forgoten214
  • Forgoten214

Play for fun

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

Best DLC to date honestly. 

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

It was good. I'm in the middle of 8/10 and 9/10. To be honest, I haven't even seen any new missions or races. The clothes were awesome as was the Sweeper Gun and the 1920s vehicle. They should of added new haircuts and facepaint, probably scars and cuts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users