Best Grinding Method? (Post 1.10)

111 replies to this topic
GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:34 AM

Got Rooftop down to 3 mins 10 with full loading and restarting.  If you can get it going and just focus on finishing  it will earn you about 300k an hour.  plus 60k rp 

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:02 AM Edited by Tabula Rasa, 17 February 2014 - 04:06 AM.

I think an important detail for Rooftop rumble is that the driver will not activate if you enter the garage from the back entrance which is parallel to the bridge...this is important.  Pursuing the driver, or blocking his path are Not necessary, enter from behind and there will be zero pressure, simply avoid the far side of the garage adjacent to the road until you have killed the enemies and wish to activate the documents.

Stand on the hedge ledge behind the first pillar, everyone's assault rifled in 30secs. Take out the 4 guarding the entry bays last. Timed it at 3:37 start to finish.

Do it however you want it doesn't matter to me I stopped using the hedges ages ago, I just see the odd post about people pursuing the documents and it just isn't necessary; dealing with random's on that mission is tough because some will attack from the main entrance and immediately activate the documents which just makes it a whole ordeal where I have to pursue them because my team mates haven't realized what they've done yet.  I experiment with different approaches and keep a consistent time, but its this detail that keeps the mission tolerable for me when I'm dealing with team mates.

AntiqueGTA
  • AntiqueGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:11 AM

I think an important detail for Rooftop rumble is that the driver will not activate if you enter the garage from the back entrance which is parallel to the bridge...this is important.  Pursuing the driver, or blocking his path are Not necessary, enter from behind and there will be zero pressure, simply avoid the far side of the garage adjacent to the road until you have killed the enemies and wish to activate the documents.

Stand on the hedge ledge behind the first pillar, everyone's assault rifled in 30secs. Take out the 4 guarding the entry bays last. Timed it at 3:37 start to finish.

Do it however you want it doesn't matter to me I stopped using the hedges ages ago, I just see the odd post about people pursuing the documents and it just isn't necessary; dealing with random's on that mission is tough because some will attack from the main entrance and immediately activate the documents which just makes it a whole ordeal where I have to pursue them because my team mates haven't realized what they've done yet.  I experiment with different approaches and keep a consistent time, but its this detail that keeps the mission tolerable for me when I'm dealing with team mates.

Ah, well if your dealing with randoms on the top missions.... Your going to have a bad time lol

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

Ah, well if your dealing with randoms on the top missions.... Your going to have a bad time lol

I don't usually, but sometimes a part of me needs a change and very rarely I meet a player that gets on my friends list..otherwise it generally sucks to play with random's and the suck factor exponentially grows with rank because of 'trolls'.  I've been doing most of my missions solo when none of my friends are on, but on a seldom occasion I'll take the risk for the sake of company.  I have a 144k Coveted Playlist for fast money, but mission variety adds flavour to the game of course.

GTAmazing
  • GTAmazing

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:11 AM

Job playlist of Coveted 16 times.

PS3: http://socialclub.ro...lpUav5Yzl1-t-jA

Xbox: http://socialclub.ro...NXE2SdjTm9ocQ5Q

P.S: If it takes you to the main playlist viewer, just wait for a few seconds, it will load the playlist to add to your game.

Yes, i was going to update this post before with this. Made about $300,000 for around an hour's work.

Have had trouble getting players to join sea races so i fell back to this.

SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:15 AM

The job menu host option, as mentioned above is the best, if you want to grind a specific mission. I usually get about 10-12 rounds of RR solo in an hour. Probably could get a few more in, but I take my little breaks. Easy 500k - 1M a day if you have time.

GTAmazing
  • GTAmazing

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:16 AM

With an upcoming event this weekend you should consider some sea races, "Triple GTA$ payouts for Sea Races". With 1.10 races also payout cash when played solo.

I've been doing something for this see below.

My Valentines Day present for you folks. 

Valentines Cash Flowers

First place pays out 36k with 10 people.
5 minutes of Seashark is boring but for 360k am hour I will do it.

I did something similar. 4 laps with 6 players pays out 47K to first place. +/- 10 minutes. I know 3 laps of it payed 37K, haven't tested 5 laps.

Tunnel of Love (XBox)
Best to use SeaSharks

1902933_1450762015154146_1897721905_n.jp

Disclaimer: 
I am not trying to promote my race, only help others make cash. I find sea races to be mostly boring and will most likely be deleting this race after the weekend.

Sorry for the repost and extra long quote (would someone explain how to delete sub-quotes, i'm quite new)

Would love to do this. Problem is I gave had trouble getting anyone to join sea races. Any of you guys game?

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:28 AM

I know repeating Coveted is very useful- i tried it today for about half an hour and made 80,000. I'm pretty new to whole grinding thing, I'm only doing it because I have $300,000 and I WANT THE ROOSEVELT. I don't want to have to buy a Shark Card.

Any thoughts would be much, MUCH appreciated.

wow.... sad sad world isn't it.

how about...

PLAY THE GAME!

I cannot believe people pay real money for fake in game money... its pathetic.

• theGTAking101 likes this

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

Some people enjoy making money...

And others don't. It's a personal opinion.

I enjoyed having 2.1bil

• theGTAking101 likes this

GTAmazing
  • GTAmazing

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

I know repeating Coveted is very useful- i tried it today for about half an hour and made 80,000. I'm pretty new to whole grinding thing, I'm only doing it because I have $300,000 and I WANT THE ROOSEVELT. I don't want to have to buy a Shark Card.

how about...PLAY THE GAME!

Never said I would. I wouldn't ever. EVER.

Just over-emphasising because I need money before the Roosevelt goes.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:11 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 17 February 2014 - 09:12 AM.

Sarcasm is a hard thing to see sometimes, but ok.. I get it.

There are people buying these "cash cards" and it is an addiction that needs to be stopped. Can you imagine, your child with these cash cards? Around your house? I mean... I am just speechless.

Society would be in shambles and locked in their rooms all day playing GTAO.

s_aint
  • s_aint

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

I find mixed up with coke, plus a buzzard hellicopter is an easy finish. 4 dump trucks with auto lock missiles... It's pretty simple. A LOT faster than coveted in my opinion.

Thepwner076
  • Thepwner076

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

What mission should i grind?

currently level 45 but dont have the money to buy the buzzard.

Doing potshot now, seems easier than coveted.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost MC [President]

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

how about...

PLAY THE GAME!

I hate it when people say this.
"Playing a video game" should not mean doing the same boring mission all day.
It's not fun. It shouldn't count as a video game.
I would play the game if it was fun.
Playing RR all day=/=fun game

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:17 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 17 February 2014 - 05:28 PM.

so "grinding" over and over is much better? People in these posts are looking for rp glitches and exploits. that is what grinding really means. Take it from "The Clipse"... cool songs right... all about grinding on cocaine.. lol.

I agree with you, but I do not agree that these rp grinding methods are justifiable and to be considered playing much of anything.

which is both the reasons why I will wait for them to catch up on next gen. I stand by my play the game as intended comment, weather or not GTAO players consider repeating missions over and over to be playing a game and fun at all. There are other ways....

look at it this way, instead of repeating missions, you could do all the various activities in one sitting, and then go outside instead of playing a game for 8 hours for fake money for an online status. which is also the reason I will only play SP when and if, they/you ever actually do catch up.

:catloaf:

Girlybird
  • Girlybird

Tweet Tweet

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

Someone calls Mercenary for a helicopter, others shoot to get briefcase, use helicopter for delivery. 3 minutes or less...

cookiemonster79
  • cookiemonster79

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

I timed it from when I hit "Play" to when I see the "Passed" message:

- 4 people, driving a fully modded Entity took 3:30

- 4 people, using Merryweather helicopter took 2:45

With the helicopter we had some issues:

- Helicopter took off after pilot was shot but not killed

- Helicopter destroyed a few times by a trigger happy person

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:22 AM

If anyone knows a good way or best missions to gain RP let me know. I have 5 mill and a attack heli , jet, and garage full of cars. Just need RP cuz I'm only at level 50. Thanks in advance as I'm not sure which missions are the best ways to rank up

Suika
  • Suika

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:29 AM Edited by Suika, 19 February 2014 - 05:32 AM.

I have purchased some shark card because i wanted Buzzard heli. With buzzard i can complete some missions (Trash talk, LS connection, Cops capacity) waaaay faster and easy. Also, completing Trash with teammates all on buzzards is cool and much more faster.

HOHEPA58
  • HOHEPA58

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

Rooftop Rumble and Coveted, i have found best for RP and cash return, and do them both solo..although RR gets more when inviting others.

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

best grinding method:

Largest pieces first,

If that doesn't scoot your boots, then maybe my verbal descriptions will be helpful:

* Coarse - Chunky, distinct particles, reminds me of potting soil.

* Medium - More the texture of coarse sand.

* Fine - Smoother yet. More like sugar or salt when you rub it between your fingers.

* Super Fine - Not as fine as flour or powdered sugar, but definitely in that ball park. You can still feel some grit.

* Turkish Grind - Like flour, very powdery.

CanadianShaolin
  • CanadianShaolin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 March 2014 - 03:26 PM Edited by CanadianShaolin, 16 March 2014 - 03:27 PM.

@_StackS_ - At lvl 50, best RP grind, IMO, is Cleaning the Cat House.  High RP, and all you have to do if you have access to a chopper is fly it there, land on the roof, wait for her to get in, and fly her back to Madrazzo's.  If you like, you can nuke the Lost for extra RP, but likely less productive than just doing a 2-minute mission time for 4K RP.

close to 100K RP an hour if you're good at it.

_StackS_

EDIT - don't forget to go Hard mode, Free aim for RP boosts.  Also, feel free to take a crew member/friend for another boost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users