Quantcast

» «
Photo

R* NEEDS to fix the tank insurance thing. Immediately.

99 replies to this topic
Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:50 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 17 February 2014 - 04:51 AM.

And todays word is

f*ck.

and-not-a-single-f*ck-was-given_o_713321

Also eh... who here has seen them Chrome tanks online in the past few days? People having so much fun with the SP to MP glitch.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:22 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 17 February 2014 - 05:23 AM.

OP, this is GTA. Tanks are a part of it, always have been, and people can use them the hell they want. It's the actions they do with the tank you should be agitated by, but a good ol' bit of tank mayhem isn't amiss in GTA.

If you want the tank removed, then you're as well to remove the Buzzard, Lazer, and Annihilator as they can be just as devastating when used.

Yes, the Annihilator can be devastating if you use some strategy. That thing can take down a Buzzard!

On topic with insurance, I agree. You shouldn't pay for destruction you weren't responsible for. Here's hoping Rockstar sorts this out.

Like, I'm not even going to lie. I probably would somewhat miss tanks if they took them out. I do enjoy battling them. I remember when it was kind of rare to see a tank, so when I did, the guy was causing mayhem but it was fine because it was never a casual thing. 

Nowadays? I just can't even care. "Oh.. another tank.. wooooo.". Like,  I'm glad we can agree with the insurance part. I just wish they'd try to change how to gain the tanks now. It's just so damn lame. 

I don't know why they had the idea of making them purchasable to begin with. They should've even been a rare "A TANK HAS SPAWNED" mini-event like the crate drops that happen maybe every hour? That would've been fun, and a challenge.  It's just a shame what happened with it. 

And I'm glad others have finally saw the point of this thread. It took a whole page of people who just kinda skipped the original post and thought I was complaining about getting killed. As said, it was the money thing.  

And to the people saying "Do you want super realism?" No. I just want the insurance feature to be used properly. Someone else also said it. I have to pay for blowing up someone's car with a sticky. Tanks shouldn't be any different.  

Either no insurance fees, or make everyone held accountable. Pretty simple to me. 

• iainspad likes this

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:53 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 17 February 2014 - 11:04 AM.

OP, this is GTA. Tanks are a part of it, always have been, and people can use them the hell they want. It's the actions they do with the tank you should be agitated by, but a good ol' bit of tank mayhem isn't amiss in GTA.

If you want the tank removed, then you're as well to remove the Buzzard, Lazer, and Annihilator as they can be just as devastating when used.

Yes, the Annihilator can be devastating if you use some strategy. That thing can take down a Buzzard!

On topic with insurance, I agree. You shouldn't pay for destruction you weren't responsible for. Here's hoping Rockstar sorts this out.

Terrible argument.

Tanks in GTA either forced you to work extremely hard for one..use cheat codes for one..or they weren't in the game (example: GTA IV, they had IFVs not tanks if you didn't know and they were semi-rare)

Old GTAs not included since they didn't have online play...NO ONLINE GTA HAS EVER HAD TANKS UNLESS MODDED.

Until GTAO of course.

Bad argument is bad.

Leave this thread if all you're gonna do is throw that tiresome "Its GTA bro get over it." even though no online GTA has ever had half the bs you guys keep saying they did.

All we want is if this game is gonna have tanks..MAKE PEOPLE WORK HARD FOR THEM..why? So no one will have a right to complain then.

I mean if I see a tank then I won't get annoyed because I know the user actually went out of his way to get one to have fun..also I won't get annoyed because I know once he blows up he has to go all the way back to Zancudo.

The "Its GTA bro, get over it." argument doesn't work at all when talking about online.

Plz and thank you.

• THE DRAGOON likes this

Steven Stevie Stephonsen
  • Steven Stevie Stephonsen

Kickass Cop

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

Like, I'm not even going to lie. I probably would somewhat miss tanks if they took them out. I do enjoy battling them. I remember when it was kind of rare to see a tank, so when I did, the guy was causing mayhem but it was fine because it was never a casual thing. 

Nowadays? I just can't even care. "Oh.. another tank.. wooooo.". Like,  I'm glad we can agree with the insurance part. I just wish they'd try to change how to gain the tanks now. It's just so damn lame. 

I don't know why they had the idea of making them purchasable to begin with. They should've even been a rare "A TANK HAS SPAWNED" mini-event like the crate drops that happen maybe every hour? That would've been fun, and a challenge.  It's just a shame what happened with it. 

And I'm glad others have finally saw the point of this thread. It took a whole page of people who just kinda skipped the original post and thought I was complaining about getting killed. As said, it was the money thing.  

And to the people saying "Do you want super realism?" No. I just want the insurance feature to be used properly. Someone else also said it. I have to pay for blowing up someone's car with a sticky. Tanks shouldn't be any different.  

Either no insurance fees, or make everyone held accountable. Pretty simple to me. 

Exactly as I said before if your going to go around recklessly in a tank on a rampage of death and destruction pillaging and plundering the villages you gotta pay for your recklessness!

• THE DRAGOON likes this

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:32 PM Edited by iainspad, 17 February 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Terrible argument.

Tanks in GTA either forced you to work extremely hard for one..use cheat codes for one..or they weren't in the game (example: GTA IV, they had IFVs not tanks if you didn't know and they were semi-rare)

Old GTAs not included since they didn't have online play...NO ONLINE GTA HAS EVER HAD TANKS UNLESS MODDED.

Until GTAO of course.

Bad argument is bad.

Leave this thread if all you're gonna do is throw that tiresome "Its GTA bro get over it." even though no online GTA has ever had half the bs you guys keep saying they did.

All we want is if this game is gonna have tanks..MAKE PEOPLE WORK HARD FOR THEM..why? So no one will have a right to complain then.

I mean if I see a tank then I won't get annoyed because I know the user actually went out of his way to get one to have fun..also I won't get annoyed because I know once he blows up he has to go all the way back to Zancudo.

The "Its GTA bro, get over it." argument doesn't work at all when talking about online.

Plz and thank you.

Here, thunderchops, while you raise a point I'm not saying what the OP is saying is stupid. Tanks are welcome, they may be overpowered but it's also down to the role of the driver. Are you out for grief or a genuine war with other players you know? And the case is now that people do need to earn them. Don't f*cking tell me to what to do when my points have some form of validation, because some people in GTA are there for all out carnage as well as people there for progression. I'm not saying it's fine to grief people, but to take the tank away is like asking the Buzzard and Lazers to be removed as well, because they are more accessible and can cause just as much as the tank could.

Here's the gist if you didn't get it let alone didn't read: Tanks, Buzzards, Lazers == fine. Paying for your insurance that an opposing tank caused !== fine.

Quit the prima donna antics and actually think!

I completely agree with you on the insurance. In no way should you pay for damage caused unto you. I don't see tanks as a problem even though they can be f*cking annoying, but maybe that's because I don't see them as much as a lot of people do. It just isn't GTA without the carnage, but it doesn't merit grief, and the fact tank drivers don't get such consequences it makes an incredibly easy griefing tool.

As for your idea on a rare tank spawn, I like that idea! It would really spice it up for people chasing a rare spawn, a la some crates. Again, it would be interesting to see some action in the case of natural selection for the sake of a powerful vehicle.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Terrible argument.

Until GTAO of course.

Bad argument is bad.

Plz and thank you.

Here, thunderchops, while you raise a point I'm not saying what the OP is saying is stupid. Tanks are welcome, they may be overpowered but it's also down to the role of the driver. Are you out for grief or a genuine war with other players you know? And the case is now that people do need to earn them. Don't f*cking tell me to what to do when my points have some form of validation, because some people in GTA are there for all out carnage as well as people there for progression. I'm not saying it's fine to grief people, but to take the tank away is like asking the Buzzard and Lazers to be removed as well, because they are more accessible and can cause just as much as the tank could.

Here's the gist if you didn't get it let alone didn't read: Tanks, Buzzards, Lazers == fine. Paying for your insurance that an opposing tank caused !== fine.

Quit the prima donna antics and actually think!

I completely agree with you on the insurance. In no way should you pay for damage caused unto you. I don't see tanks as a problem even though they can be f*cking annoying, but maybe that's because I don't see them as much as a lot of people do. It just isn't GTA without the carnage, but it doesn't merit grief, and the fact tank drivers don't get such consequences it makes an incredibly easy griefing tool.

As for your idea on a rare tank spawn, I like that idea! It would really spice it up for people chasing a rare spawn, a la some crates. Again, it would be interesting to see some action in the case of natural selection for the sake of a powerful vehicle.

Exactly. The purpose of the tanks are now just to grief, but now it's not even fun. It was like a boss fight in GTA even. It's weird, but that's how I used to look at it. 

"TANK. BOSS FIGHT TIME.". Same thing when I see someone take a jet. The purpose for those vehicles are clear. To kill is to kill. But having fun should also be a priority. 

Mosin Nagant 91/30
  • Mosin Nagant 91/30

Jet stealing professional

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Tanks and the cops totally ruin free roam. They need to go.

secrules2
  • secrules2

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

And todays word is

f*ck.

and-not-a-single-f*ck-was-given_o_713321

Also eh... who here has seen them Chrome tanks online in the past few days? People having so much fun with the SP to MP glitch.

Haha. Got me with that, I mean those.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Tanks and the cops totally ruin free roam. They need to go.

I still don't get this; how are the cops so difficult for some people? I don't really have a problem with them.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:29 AM

What if these rules were implimented:

Tanks do have to pay for other's PV insurance (it appears you don't have to at the moment)

And to enforce this you can't get into a tank unless you have sufficient funds in your bank account to cover other people's losses, and if you run out of money you're kicked out of the tank.

But if those two rules were implimented without other fixes in place then other players could drain your bank account just by doing multiple kamikaze runs into your tank.

Is it me or does the ideal fix for tank griefing look more complicated the longer you look at it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users