Quantcast

» «
Photo

R* NEEDS to fix the tank insurance thing. Immediately.

99 replies to this topic
Pusher87
  • Pusher87

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

I feel bad for you people. Last 2 tanks that saw me in my roosevelt just honked. One protected me from police agression for 20 minutes while i had 5 stars till i died and the other led me to a cargobob and im guessing he wanted a lift up chiliad of all places, dropped him off and flew away peacefully. Weird right?

MrLokt
  • MrLokt

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

Dude it's GTA. If you wish to live a non violent virtual life go to Sims or Forza. Leave us alone.

Learn to read! The problem is not tank griefers, but having to pay our own insurance. I completely agree with OP and I own a tank myself.

• SideburnGuru likes this

Steven Stevie Stephonsen
  • Steven Stevie Stephonsen

Kickass Cop

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

I like how the tank kiddies are pretty much ignoring the point of this thread and trying as hard as possible to justify "THEIR" stupidity if your going to go around recklessly in a tank on a rampage of death and destruction pillaging and plundering the villages you gotta pay for your recklessness!

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

100% agree with OP.

These tank tards need a good bum darts session.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

No, i'm not a tank user. I don't own a tank, I don't plan on owning a tank. For what it's worth though, i'm pretty sure we all understand what the point of the topic is though. I'm pretty certain more than half of us know what the f*ck is going on in here and I think it's YOU guys who just aren't understanding what WE'RE saying. Yes, you guys have to pay for insurance. Yes, it sucks. But if you don't get yourself into that predicament in the first place then you can't bitch. You guys are f*cking yourselves over, and then bitching about it like you guys are going to suddenly change how Online is going to work. I imagine it sucks, but if you don't f*ck with a tank, OR ANYBODY FOR THAT MATTER, then you won't have a problem. I dunno how you guys will be able to figure that out, but I know one day you guys will the see the light of the day, and play private matches. Like I said before, this isn't Amateur Night at The Apollo. If you don't like anything, don't do it. Bitching and moaning for 3 pages about it just makes you look like a whino. Not to mention it's f*cking annoying, like nobody is really grasping the point in here because they had to pay money for something they could've EASILY avoided. Don't f*cking come in here, acting like you're Boss Hogg when in reality you look like a little kid. Rookies..

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

No, i'm not a tank user. I don't own a tank, I don't plan on owning a tank. For what it's worth though, i'm pretty sure we all understand what the point of the topic is though. I'm pretty certain more than half of us know what the f*ck is going on in here and I think it's YOU guys who just aren't understanding what WE'RE saying. Yes, you guys have to pay for insurance. Yes, it sucks. But if you don't get yourself into that predicament in the first place then you can't bitch. You guys are f*cking yourselves over, and then bitching about it like you guys are going to suddenly change how Online is going to work. I imagine it sucks, but if you don't f*ck with a tank, OR ANYBODY FOR THAT MATTER, then you won't have a problem. I dunno how you guys will be able to figure that out, but I know one day you guys will the see the light of the day, and play private matches. Like I said before, this isn't Amateur Night at The Apollo. If you don't like anything, don't do it. Bitching and moaning for 3 pages about it just makes you look like a whino. Not to mention it's f*cking annoying, like nobody is really grasping the point in here because they had to pay money for something they could've EASILY avoided. Don't f*cking come in here, acting like you're Boss Hogg when in reality you look like a little kid. Rookies..

If you read correctly you would have assertained dude didn't even know the tank was there.

You look like a kid when.you don't even comprehend the discussion at hand. Op has a valid point. Avoiding every single player in the event they might have a tank is a weak answer. Fix the ducking insurance.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

If you read correctly you would have assertained dude didn't even know the tank was there.

You look like a kid when.you don't even comprehend the discussion at hand. Op has a valid point. Avoiding every single player in the event they might have a tank is a weak answer. Fix the ducking insurance.

Don't f*cking play the game then, like what the f*ck. Everybody complains about everything in this game, it pisses me the f*ck off.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:40 PM Edited by AfterDeath, 16 February 2014 - 07:42 PM.

Don't f*cking play the game then, like what the f*ck. Everybody complains about everything in this game, it pisses me the f*ck off.

Maybe because we want someone to f*cking fix it? If you just quit playing a game Rockstar isn't going to care. Look at all the fixes in the last patch. They were mostly things people bitched about. And look, the game took a turn toward being a lot better.

You're essentially being part of the problem if you just play the game and don't pay attention to what is wrong with it. You say not being blown up by tanks is easily avoidable. It is, yes, if you play solo or invite only, but that shouldn't be what people have to resort to. It's just as easy for Rockstar to balance the game so that when you do come across a tank, you actually have some options other than quitting the session or driving as fast as you can in the opposite direction, hoping they didn't see you.

I can't tell you how many times I've come out of my garage, knowing there's a player outside the door, but not knowing it was a tank, and my car is obliterated before the damn animation can even start. And as far as dumping your cash on your second player and running rampant in a tank on your first so that you don't have to pay for sh*t, I see that as an exploit. It is an exploit. No it is not outsmarting other players, it is an exploit.

tl;dr Right now the tank is the be all-end all vehicle of the game, and everyone that argues to switch sessions and to avoid tanks are basically proving that it is too. 

• SideburnGuru and statistic like this

Crafty-
  • Crafty-

Trick

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Bought my Roosevelt yesterday, got 2 blocks away and ran in to some crew members, 5 seconds later a tank comes along and blew us all up in one go. So I had to pay another $9k.

I don't understand why tanks don't pay - I know there was an issue early on where if you rammed them with a car the tank ended up paying, but, umm tough... they took the risk of being in a tank.

As it is if someone starts griefing in a tank its very hard to kill them because the window to shoot them is so small and you need to be so far out of the way because they have such a decent range. I've even used passive mode to get on a tank and haul the driver out, but once on the turret they only need to rotate to knock you off and then knock you over with the gun barrel and run you over.

IMHO tank drivers should pay for any cars they blow up or run over and all medical bills. I'm not sure what yet, but I think something needs to be done to level the playing field a bit between tanks and other players.

Shade04rek
  • Shade04rek

Nothin But A Buster

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

DUDE, this is GTA! 

If you wanna Play tank wars go play World Of Tanks!

...see how dumb that "ITZ GTA BRO" argument is?

op is legit though, r* should just nerf magic tank contact explodes, and make them pay insurance. for now, all we can do is snipe em. Its priceless when you can steal their tank after and have bob stash it on the mile high. then proceed to snipe their heli as they attempt to retrieve it.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

oooouuuggg... have tissue OP hahahaha

i dont use my tank that often, 95% of the time i use it to destroy a tank griefer. the other 5% im the griefer.

when im in my tank griefing mode i dont attack every player i see or every PV.

super cars are high priority on my destruction list as their insurance is the most expensive, anything chrome get blown, anything in troll colors(bright green/bright purple) get blown, anything with dollar sign rims get blown...

if your car dont fit my criteria, you can be sure ill simply honk my horn and drive by you.

Spyrothedragon9972
  • Spyrothedragon9972

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Excuse me? I'm one of those assholes. The second I see an adder, my friend bounties the dude and we get on zee way. BE LIKE sh*tTY sh*tTY BANG BANG NUGGA! I didn't always used to be like this... it started of just getting revenge, then I enjoyed it. Now.... we're monsters. :( But blame rockstar! THERE'S NOTHING TO DO! :@ But don't you worry your little self, my pedigree chummybear, I too have to fund insurance fees of tragic tanks.

Teamwork at its greatest.  

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 16 February 2014 - 09:25 PM.

I personally think Tanks should be limited to missions only UNLESS you steal one from the military base in free mode.

Only griefers will object to that to be honest. 

I mean..the whole "I need a tank to defend myself." argument won't exist anymore since 99% of griefers won't go through the trouble of dying countless times over trying to steal a tank from the military base just to have to drive it all the way down to the city all the while the cops ram your tank until it blows up which in turn would make them have to drive all the way to the top of the map again and die countless more times.

I mean..its the primary reason you don't see griefers using the jets all the time.

Rockstar claims to be against griefers so they should top it off by making it so your stats/player kills don't count in free roam so all you do is lose money.

It'd still be free roam, you're free to do whatever you want you just get nothing out of it, you only lose money which is how it should be, I mean..you had your fun and now you pay the price.

It'd cause people to actually play TDM in order to try and improve their stats rather than use a tank to try and spawn trap some helpless low rank who didn't know they were coming.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

I think about it this way. If you are on the road IRL and you get cleaned up by a stolen car and the driver of the stolen car gets away you pay an excess regardless if it was your fault or not. I dont see anyone pulling over and handing out insurance details after an accident in GTAO. You purchase the insurance to cover you from paying for a whole new car in these instances. Maybe after your car is destroyed, if you can get the tank to pull over you can then claim on their insurance.

I would be quite happy if they removed paying others insurances all together. You bring out your million dollar car onto the streets you pay the excess if it gets taken out.

Maybe they should make us pay for all the damage we do on the streets when roaming around. Hit an NPC vehicle. Pay insurance. Hit a lamp post. Pay insurance. Maybe we should only be given one life? You want realism?

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

Yesterday I went to the strip club with a couple of my crew members. We parked our cars outside the club. Suddenly we hear BOOM BOOM and three of us just lost 10 000+$ in insurance fees. GJ Rockstar.

Sol Republic
  • Sol Republic

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

I think about it this way. If you are on the road IRL and you get cleaned up by a stolen car and the driver of the stolen car gets away you pay an excess regardless if it was your fault or not. I dont see anyone pulling over and handing out insurance details after an accident in GTAO. You purchase the insurance to cover you from paying for a whole new car in these instances. Maybe after your car is destroyed, if you can get the tank to pull over you can then claim on their insurance.

I would be quite happy if they removed paying others insurances all together. You bring out your million dollar car onto the streets you pay the excess if it gets taken out.

Maybe they should make us pay for all the damage we do on the streets when roaming around. Hit an NPC vehicle. Pay insurance. Hit a lamp post. Pay insurance. Maybe we should only be given one life? You want realism?

Sounds like jealousy of others' cars lol

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:38 PM Edited by Jimrod, 16 February 2014 - 10:38 PM.

No-one expects realism - what they expect is a level playing field. If any of us blow up a car with a sticky bomb or rocket launcher we pay for it. Tank drivers destroy many more vehicles and we still pay for it when it's ours. At the very least upgrade the police to military for military (tank) attacks so they don't get a free reign and get shut down far faster.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

In Serious Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

I personally think Tanks should be limited to missions only UNLESS you steal one from the military base in free mode.

Only griefers will object to that to be honest. 

they can solve in a really simple way...

have only 1 spawn point for the tank while in freemode. if you call Pegasus, have your tank deliver only at Fort Zancudo.

during mission you may have the tank available at all know spawn locations but during freeroam have it spawn only at the fort.

set a aggressive No Fly Zone at the base to stop people from picking up a a cargobob and flying the tank back into the city.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:47 PM Edited by Headdogg81, 16 February 2014 - 10:47 PM.

Sounds like jealousy of others' cars lol

Really... Thats what you picked up from that post? Im not jealous of anyone's garage, and I dont use a tank to grief either.

Garage 1

Sabre Turbo

Z -Type

Akuma

Statum ( I like it okay.. )

Bifta

Feltzer

Adder

Entity

Cognoscenti

Tailgater

Garage 2

Adder

Adder

Adder

Adder

Adder

Adder

Adder

Adder

Adder

Adder

No not at all jealous. :lol:

Oh and all fully modded.

No-one expects realism - what they expect is a level playing field. If any of us blow up a car with a sticky bomb or rocket launcher we pay for it. Tank drivers destroy many more vehicles and we still pay for it when it's ours. At the very least upgrade the police to military for military (tank) attacks so they don't get a free reign and get shut down far faster.

It is a level playing field. What works for the tank griefers works for you too. They just seem to be smarter about it and willing to make the rules work for them. When these tank griefers dont pay your insurance it is because they have no money on their characters account. Either they are broke or they have moved their money to an offshore account (AKA 2nd character). You can do this too. Its nothing to do with it being a tank. Im pretty sure it works the same way with stickies.

What I was trying to get at is I think it is stupid you have to pay anothers insurance in this game at all.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

After reading this thread, I realize 2 facts: a)they haven't removed insurance claims, which would solve paying your own after blown up from a tanktard, and b) Blingy is a mouthy, ignorant tw@t (as if the name Blingy didn't tell you enough) who can't comprehend the real issue in this thread.

Sol Republic
  • Sol Republic

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Really... Thats what you picked up from that post? Im not jealous of anyone's garage, and I dont use a tank to grief either.

Garage 1
Sabre Turbo
Z -Type
Akuma
Statum ( I like it okay.. )
Bifta
Feltzer
Adder
Entity
Cognoscenti
Tailgater

Garage 2
Adder
Adder
Adder
Adder
Adder
Adder
Adder
Adder
Adder
Adder

No not at all jealous. :lol:

Oh and all fully modded.

It is a level playing field. What works for the tank griefers works for you too. They just seem to be smarter about it and willing to make the rules work for them. When these tank griefers dont pay your insurance it is because they have no money on their characters account. Either they are broke or they have moved their money to an offshore account (AKA 2nd character). You can do this too. Its nothing to do with it being a tank. Im pretty sure it works the same way with stickies.

What I was trying to get at is I think it is stupid you have to pay anothers insurance in this game at all.

Yes that is what I picked up. Just because you have nice cars doesn't mean your not jealous. You just hate seeing others take out or use their nice cars...sounds like someone just wants to be the only one driving nice cars.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:06 PM Edited by Headdogg81, 16 February 2014 - 11:18 PM.

Yes that is what I picked up. Just because you have nice cars doesn't mean your not jealous. You just hate seeing others take out or use their nice cars...sounds like someone just wants to be the only one driving nice cars.

Ok dude. Maybe for some but let me set the record straight. Im NOT jealous of anybody elses cars. And I use them all from time to time in free roam.

EDIT:

After reading this thread, I realize 2 facts: a)they haven't removed insurance claims, which would solve paying your own after blown up from a tanktard, and b) Blingy is a mouthy, ignorant tw@t (as if the name Blingy didn't tell you enough) who can't comprehend the real issue in this thread.

All that will mean is everyone will probably get around in tanks. Far from an ideal solution in my opinion.

I think the solution (which has already been stated) is to make it a lot harder to get a tank. Make it only available in Zancudo so those who manage to get one out has to take the time and put in the effort to get it.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:25 PM Edited by iainspad, 16 February 2014 - 11:33 PM.

OP, this is GTA. Tanks are a part of it, always have been, and people can use them the hell they want. It's the actions they do with the tank you should be agitated by, but a good ol' bit of tank mayhem isn't amiss in GTA.

If you want the tank removed, then you're as well to remove the Buzzard, Lazer, and Annihilator as they can be just as devastating when used.

Yes, the Annihilator can be devastating if you use some strategy. That thing can take down a Buzzard!

On topic with insurance, I agree. You shouldn't pay for destruction you weren't responsible for. Here's hoping Rockstar sorts this out.

scubadave
  • scubadave

Platinum Club

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:04 AM

its actually in the name of realism.... in which reality would a tank owner ever have to pay your insurance. 

YOU: Hi, I'd like to make a claim. That guy over there broke my car and he should pay

INSURANCE AGENT: you mean that guy in the tank blasting everything in site?

YOU: yes, can you go tell him to pay for my car.

INSURANCE AGENT: um, okay. { proceeds to make a fake phone call to tank }

okay, tank guy says check is in the mail. anything else I can help you with? { jumps in car and gTF out of the area}

call it Tank Privilege if you will but it is a Rockstar-given right seeing as a tank pilot spent the money and attained the level to do so. I don't necessarily agree but that's probably where its coming from.

• Headdogg81 likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:20 AM Edited by SFBryan18, 17 February 2014 - 12:21 AM.

I can't believe this thread is still going...

1. The tanks have been paying insurance since a few days before patch 1.10. We've said this on page 1 and you dumbf*cks are ignoring it. In the OP's case, the guy was broke.

2. Paying someones insurance has nothing to do with the story or immersion. You blew it up, so you pay for it. It's called fairness.

3. The missions pay a lot of money now, so grind a few games of Coveted and who the f*ck cares?

4. Ever since the first time I sniped a tank, I have wanted more of them. Stop being a scrub and learn how to deal with them like the rest of us.

Hotaru99
  • Hotaru99

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

keep_calm_und_panzer_vor_by_nezumiyuki-d

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Best Topic 2014 [Things you didn't know about GTAO until now]

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

I love when there is a tank in the session...game on. Sniper rifle, get up high, let the run into a trap of 5 stickys etc etc. But the mentality of going around in a tank blowing up everyone is retarted...face it, you're wankers with deep rooted problems LOL

anyway, I'm sure I've said it before (and others might have too)But is the paying insurance thing not just little wankers putting all their cash on their 2nd character so that they don't have the cash to pay for your insurance, so you end up paying it instead...jesus, these wankers must really hate themselves to go to these lengths. Not enough encouargment and attention growing up maybe...

Shiftmx
  • Shiftmx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

Usually I like to snipe tanks, but today I took my tank out to see about paying insurance. I have 3mill on me. Blew up someone's PV and didn't have to pay insurance. I was stopped at the time.

Born_Homicidal
  • Born_Homicidal

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:07 AM Edited by Born_Homicidal, 17 February 2014 - 06:58 AM.

for the idiot on the first page, a deductible with insurance is only if you caused the accident. i dont think being blown up by a tank makes it your fault what so ever..

for the dumbasses who say you shouldnt have been playing in a public game with tanks etc.. he clearly stated he had no idea there was a tank in the lobby and even if he did stfu he can play in public games if he wants.

now the dumbass who said "dont use your PV in public games only use stolen cars" are you serious?? lmao.

anyways i only read the first page and couldnt read anymore of these retarded posts such as the ones i spoke about above.

The only fix i see since R* wont take out tanks completely is having owners pay half of the insurance that people who destroy your vehicle have to pay. ex: you drive in the water instead of the usual lets say 12k you pay 6k, but if a player destroys your car they pay 12k.

As for tanks if they run you over or you run into them then you must pay the 6k, but if the tank shoots at you (idk if they can make it tell the difference) then the tank owner must pay the insurance cost of 12k.

Also yes i own a tank, yes i believe they should be removed, do i care if they are removed or not no, can i kill a tank driver yes, no i dont use it to kill other people like a dick, and yes i do call it but only when i see a tank griefing, i enjoy raping thank owners who spawn kill people just to see them go into passive or quit the game once their tank blows up especially when its done without a vehicle.

Oh and one last thing not all tank owners are bad, once im done killing a tank, i go on a Police killing spree leaving everyone alone but the past griefer. The annoying part is that even if you are minding your own business randoms come out of nowhere either trying to kill you or try to steal your tank.

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:47 AM Edited by Crunch McThornbody, 17 February 2014 - 04:56 AM.

I guess you could call me a responsible tank driver, I finally made enough to buy the tank yesterday and went on a rampage...against the police, very satisfying :)

Other players only come into my crosshairs if they attack me first or they have a bounty, those are fair game IMHO.

I have had a couple of players drive straight into me and explode instantly, I can't be held responsible for their poor driving skills :p

BTW here's something to ponder; the tank was $1,500,000, and only costs $200 to replace, yet a car I ploughed $1,000,000 into (car+mods) costs over $9000 to replace, What were R* thinking when they set those rules?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users