Quantcast

» «
Photo

R* NEEDS to fix the tank insurance thing. Immediately.

99 replies to this topic
Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

You got blown up by a tank, online and you're angry about it. Whatcha learn today?

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:56 PM

Wait, they didn't fix the tank insurance thing? Huh. Just kinda assumed that was part of the update.

Explosives in general are pretty freaking nuts. I'd prefer stickies and rockets to be more like they were in IV. Cars explode too easy, and in a crazy domino effect if another one is nearby.

LS must have something in the air that makes everything more explosive...

Spoiler

I have to pay whilst moving and not when not. 

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

I don't think the issue is that people are getting blown up by tanks, it's that tank players get a free pass while someone using a sticky bomb, grenade, RPG, etc gets stuck paying to replace the vehicle.

EIther fix it so that anyone who destroys a PV with the tank cannon pays the insurance, so they still get protection from people crashing into them on purpose, or just 86 the whole system and everyone pays their own insurance regardless of how it was destroyed so we can all move on.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Don't play in public lobbies if it's a problem

EddieSmithson
  • EddieSmithson

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

Excuse me? I'm one of those assholes. The second I see an adder, my friend bounties the dude and we get on zee way. BE LIKE sh*tTY sh*tTY BANG BANG NUGGA! I didn't always used to be like this... it started of just getting revenge, then I enjoyed it. Now.... we're monsters. :( But blame rockstar! THERE'S NOTHING TO DO! :@ But don't you worry your little self, my pedigree chummybear, I too have to fund insurance fees of tragic tanks.

Oh Jesus we got a badass here!

Can you pm me your gamertag so I can instantly log off and put my controller in the freezer if I see you online?

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

So the OP got killed by a dude who was broke and tanks do pay insurance when blowing up PVs while stationary? K.

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

How about all these badass tank players just pay insurance for every vehicle they destroy again, full stop. A car crashes into them they pay, they're so awesome they should avoid it!

CJXJ220
  • CJXJ220

Thug

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

So you suggest to solve a problem by just avoiding it?  Brilliant.  

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

Anyone that supports tanks the way that they are needs to get their head out of Rockstar's ass.

The game wasn't meant to be played in solo or with crew/friends all the time. If you're going to tell people to switch and play alone or with only friends you might as well tell them to play story mode. This is multiplayer. It is meant to be played with others. Wake the f*ck up.

People that blow cars up with stickies, grenades, and other explosives don't get a free pass, so why should people in tanks blowing up cars get one?

There's nothing you can say to argue against that. People in tanks need to suffer the consequences just like everyone else. Period. You all just want to defend this to the death because you're the ones who call Pegasus as soon as you enter free roam and then drive around shelling anything that moves since it only costs you $200. Don't tell me you don't, because you do.

I'm actually starting to believe this game WAS intended to be played with ONLY people you know and like... because - well look at how tanks are supported?

I don't think you should have to pay any more to get the tank delivered, but if you blow a PV you should just be charged 30K no matter what car it is.. Also if you kill a person with in 20 seconds of them spawning you should be charged 30k more unless they've fired their weapon (sure I know that isn't to happen, but I'm just spitting fantasies here).

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

What, bitching about it is going to fix it faster? What f*cking logic is that?

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

If the problem is "getting blown up by someone you wish hadn't blown you up", yes. Yes, avoiding that fate is the solution.

GRINCH ASS BITCH
  • GRINCH ASS BITCH

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

I didn't have to pay for the damn insurance. I want a good reason why the hell I'm paying for some griefer's moronic actions. Like I said, I don't care that I died. I don't relatively care that the car blew up. But there's no reason any player has to pay for these assholes causing mayhem.

If you didn't have to pay, then what's the problem?

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:26 AM

Tanks are the most retarded sh*t in this game, rockstar are still idiots for putting this in their game.

• FasterThanYou, JoeMamma and DangerZone77 like this

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

Tanks are the most retarded sh*t in this game, rockstar are still idiots for putting this in their game.

Tanks have been in every GTA (at least since III).. but this one is by far the most OP.

Also - remember how you used to be able to push cars around... I miss that sh*t.

• Blingy likes this

PancakePoon
  • PancakePoon

Pancake Lover

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

Here's my thing: It's Grand Theft Auto. There's a good chance you were just fist-fighting a random pedestrian, robbing a liquor store, speeding like a damned fool, shooting at whatever you felt like shooting at, participating in an illicit stolen car smuggling operation, jacking a tanker truck, busting up and robbing a drug deal, or performing any number of other crimes.

I don't have a tank. I don't want a tank. When I see one, I'm getting the hell out of Dodge. But it's Grand Theft motherf***ing Auto! The game that became famous for breaking all the rules. And now everyone wants there to be more and more strict rules applied to it.

Don't get blown up anymore.

I don't like getting blown up either but I have to agree with this. It just is what it is. GTA online is a big place. Plenty of places to go if you want to get away from someone including another lobby.

..That really has nothing to do with my post at all.

he's agreeing with your crying, and providing examples on how to get away from lobbies with tanks in them. Are you illiterate by any chance? 

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:46 AM

"Non-violent life"
I wish you blind dumb asses could finally see nothing about my post is complaining about the violence aspect.

Look up my stats with K-D. Look at the kills I've done. I'm no damn saint in this game. I kill people too. I don't hide in a giant piece of protection while doing it like a little bitch, but that's besides the point. 

The point is, is the whole insurance thing. If you want to kick me and my vehicles ass in a tank? Fine. More power to you. But I shouldn't have to pay to get my car back for your stupidity. That's the point. Not "WAH, THE TANK KILLED ME." It's "WAH, THE TANK KILLED ME AND I'M FOR SOME REASON PAYING FOR MY CAR TO GET BACK EVEN THOUGH THE GUY WHO DID IT HASN'T PAID sh*t." 

And let's get something straight. To hell with that "Well, if he's broke." Then start doing negatives. Serious negatives. If you're broke, the tank/whatever car you have should disappear until you have money to pay it back. Hell, I don't even see why you should have access to a house if you're broke. 

I don't like tank users. I don't like tanks. That's not the point of the thread. It's not an anti-violence thread. It's an anti me gettng screwed out of cash because some griefer decided to randomly fire their rhino cannon in my direction. Hell with that, man.

Learn to read, for the love of God.  The same people saying "LOL GO TO SIMS U PEACE LOVER" really should go back to the Putt Putt games where he can teach you how to read. I think it would help.

I didn't have to pay for the damn insurance. I want a good reason why the hell I'm paying for some griefer's moronic actions. Like I said, I don't care that I died. I don't relatively care that the car blew up. But there's no reason any player has to pay for these assholes causing mayhem.

If you didn't have to pay, then what's the problem?

Mispost. 

I did have to pay for the insurance, my bad. 

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

Ah another, use a random NPC car or a cheap one you have. If there isn't any tank, bring your adder.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:44 AM

Ah another, use a random NPC car or a cheap one you have. If there isn't any tank, bring your adder.

Or... they could fix the damn insurance thing. 

Note, I haven't run into any issues before. It's not like my car keeps getting destroyed by tanks. I'm saying, on the rare occasion it does happen, I don't want to be paying for that sh*t. 

Naaaaaaawh. 

• JoeMamma likes this

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:51 AM

That's the next thing R* needs to fix...hopefully they're already working on it.  If a tank blows up or runs into someone's PV, THE TANK GUY needs to pay for it.  Period.  End of story.  The only ones NOT agreeing with this are the ones who need to be in tanks to get kills.

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

Pointless insults to make me feel good about myself.

Babble, babble, chestbeating, babble, babble

I don't like tank users. I don't like tanks. That's not the point of the thread. It's not an anti-violence thread. It's an anti me gettng screwed out of cash because some griefer decided to randomly fire their rhino cannon in my direction. Hell with that, man.

More pointless insults. Babble babble.

I like that you're proximity to the tank in the first place is "random" to you. You're in a car. You presumably have the fingers to manipulate the controller that operates that car. Some might say those very same fingers and that very same car are what got you to the tank in the first place, what with it being located at one infinitesimal space within an entire state.

Drive. Away.

And when that doesn't work, and you get yourself blown up anyway, pay your insurance deductible, shake your head that you got yourself into the wrong place at the wrong time, and then don't anymore.

This is such a non-issue that if Rockstar spent even a minute on it that could be spent on adding new content, it would be a disservice.

• Blingy likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

Pointless insults to make me feel good about myself.

Babble, babble, chestbeating, babble, babble

More pointless insults. Babble babble.

I like that you're proximity to the tank in the first place is "random" to you. You're in a car. You presumably have the fingers to manipulate the controller that operates that car. Some might say those very same fingers and that very same car are what got you to the tank in the first place, what with it being located at one infinitesimal space within an entire state.

Drive. Away.

And when that doesn't work, and you get yourself blown up anyway, pay your insurance deductible, shake your head that you got yourself into the wrong place at the wrong time, and then don't anymore.

This is such a non-issue that if Rockstar spent even a minute on it that could be spent on adding new content, it would be a disservice.

Or, they could fix the insurance. 

Here's the thing, as brought up before. If I can't get away with shooting someone's car and making it explode.. If I can't get away with using sticky bombs on someone's car to make it explode. If I can't set it on fire with gasoline and make it explode, why the hell does a tank user get away with it? Explain to me. 

You're really coming off as a tank user. And I explained in the damn first post why I didn't escape the tank.  You're really trying to pointlessly justify the tank's actions. It's nothing personal against tank users.  

Also, you don't need to be a man child and edit quote posts. I know, it's the mentality around here.

tolkaNo
  • tolkaNo

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by tolkaNo, 15 February 2014 - 04:26 AM.

I wish bad sport return to the way it used to be, where you would end up in bad sport after blowing up 5 pv's, and not the 15+ or whatever it is these days

It's like in free-roam i spend more time calling mors and my mechanic than i do actually playing the game

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:26 AM

I'm tired of the tank protection. Yeah, I can already smell the B.O. of the tank users rolling in "HA CRY SOME MORE" through my damn computer already. It's getting old. 

So I'm playing Online, and I've been cruising in the Roosevelt  for awhile. I was doing it earlier today, no issues. Just cruising around, but I understand there are people who will attack. I'm more then prepared for it. Some guy drives by me, SO damn fast. No idea why he just sped through. Then two more cars did. Out of no where, my whole car explodes. I had no idea of the tank. I didn't hear it up till I exploded.

Note I've been so damn careful with this car. It hasn't been blown up, I never needed to use the insurance on it. I've been good with protecting it from attackers. Hell, I wouldn't even have beef with the issue if.. 

I already feel like tanks get away with too much. I still feel they need to pay at least 30k each time they call for it.  But come on, this sh*t has gone on too much and takes away the whole purpose of having insurance. 

I know why they did it in the first place, with people driving into tanks in the first place. But can I ask, why the hell do you have a tank in free mode UNLESS you're trying to start sh*t? You know damn well, "WELL, THESE RUDE PEOPLE JUST CAME CRASHING INTO ME" is a bull sh*t story. Honestly, the key situation is either making them pay for all types of insurance again with the bad sport warning, or just taking tanks off the online mode in general. 

It was fun until assholes abused it. 

I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it, we have fun with it so it's staying! Also, why would real criminals pay insurance? lmao

Wait, they didn't fix the tank insurance thing? Huh. Just kinda assumed that was part of the update.

Explosives in general are pretty freaking nuts. I'd prefer stickies and rockets to be more like they were in IV. Cars explode too easy, and in a crazy domino effect if another one is nearby.

Spoiler

The whole things kind of broken even more. I'm blowing people up with sticky bombs now and getting away with no punishments :)

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

I'm tired of the tank protection. Yeah, I can already smell the B.O. of the tank users rolling in "HA CRY SOME MORE" through my damn computer already. It's getting old. 

So I'm playing Online, and I've been cruising in the Roosevelt  for awhile. I was doing it earlier today, no issues. Just cruising around, but I understand there are people who will attack. I'm more then prepared for it. Some guy drives by me, SO damn fast. No idea why he just sped through. Then two more cars did. Out of no where, my whole car explodes. I had no idea of the tank. I didn't hear it up till I exploded.

Note I've been so damn careful with this car. It hasn't been blown up, I never needed to use the insurance on it. I've been good with protecting it from attackers. Hell, I wouldn't even have beef with the issue if.. 

I already feel like tanks get away with too much. I still feel they need to pay at least 30k each time they call for it.  But come on, this sh*t has gone on too much and takes away the whole purpose of having insurance. 

I know why they did it in the first place, with people driving into tanks in the first place. But can I ask, why the hell do you have a tank in free mode UNLESS you're trying to start sh*t? You know damn well, "WELL, THESE RUDE PEOPLE JUST CAME CRASHING INTO ME" is a bull sh*t story. Honestly, the key situation is either making them pay for all types of insurance again with the bad sport warning, or just taking tanks off the online mode in general. 

I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it, we have fun with it so it's staying! Also, why would real criminals pay insurance? lmao

Spoiler

The whole things kind of broken even more. I'm blowing people up with sticky bombs now and getting away with no punishments :)

Please don't bring your useless trolling in here, for the love of God. 

I get it. You're a cool kid with a tank. That's all fine and good. I don't caaare. Use your tank to your delight. And apparently, real criminals pay insurance for every other way. Tanks shouldn't be indifferent. 

On that note, what kind of criminal just randomly gets ahold of a tank by calling a number and having it appear in a random open alley?

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

Actually, I don't think any other criminals should be paying for your insurance, no matter how they blow up your car. If you let them do it, that's on you.

If you want to see what a tank user I am, feel free to take a look at my stats on the Social Club. Never used a tank, only ever blew up one car (to collect a bounty) and hardly ever kill anyone. Or get killed, for that matter. Which certainly colors my opinion that you have to sort of go out of your way to run into the problems a lot of people around here seem to have.

And I wasn't editing your quotes, I was translating them. But, keep throwing around pointless insults while calling people immature. It suits you.

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

Spoiler

Please don't bring your useless trolling in here, for the love of God. 

I get it. You're a cool kid with a tank. That's all fine and good. I don't caaare. Use your tank to your delight. And apparently, real criminals pay insurance for every other way. Tanks shouldn't be indifferent. 

On that note, what kind of criminal just randomly gets ahold of a tank by calling a number and having it appear in a random open alley?

To me, it just sounds like you're frustrated. That's okay, that comes with playing a video game such as this.

jesusalready
  • jesusalready

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

Tanks are fun!

BuckScrotum
  • BuckScrotum

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:46 AM

bro for serious, if Im in a tank, stay away. If I find you it mean YOU DESERVE IT.

I aint tryin pay for sh*t. GTFO

• Blingy likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:29 AM

How is it really hard to understand the point? At least someone said "I don't feel any criminal should be paying for insurance." Okay, see. That's fine. 

Whatever then. If it was all on equal ground, that'd be cool too. The main point is, tanks shouldn't be put on a higher privileged level. If they're going to keep the insurance thing in, make it so it actually makes sense.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Tanks will be Tanks bro. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users