Quantcast

» «
Photo

R* NEEDS to fix the tank insurance thing. Immediately.

99 replies to this topic
SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:12 AM

I'm tired of the tank protection. Yeah, I can already smell the B.O. of the tank users rolling in "HA CRY SOME MORE" through my damn computer already. It's getting old. 

So I'm playing Online, and I've been cruising in the Roosevelt  for awhile. I was doing it earlier today, no issues. Just cruising around, but I understand there are people who will attack. I'm more then prepared for it. Some guy drives by me, SO damn fast. No idea why he just sped through. Then two more cars did. Out of no where, my whole car explodes. I had no idea of the tank. I didn't hear it up till I exploded.

Note I've been so damn careful with this car. It hasn't been blown up, I never needed to use the insurance on it. I've been good with protecting it from attackers. Hell, I wouldn't even have beef with the issue if.. 

I didn't have to pay for the damn insurance. I want a good reason why the hell I'm paying for some griefer's moronic actions. Like I said, I don't care that I died. I don't relatively care that the car blew up. But there's no reason any player has to pay for these assholes causing mayhem. 

I already feel like tanks get away with too much. I still feel they need to pay at least 30k each time they call for it.  But come on, this sh*t has gone on too much and takes away the whole purpose of having insurance. 

I know why they did it in the first place, with people driving into tanks in the first place. But can I ask, why the hell do you have a tank in free mode UNLESS you're trying to start sh*t? You know damn well, "WELL, THESE RUDE PEOPLE JUST CAME CRASHING INTO ME" is a bull sh*t story. Honestly, the key situation is either making them pay for all types of insurance again with the bad sport warning, or just taking tanks off the online mode in general. 

It was fun until assholes abused it. 

• Gran Feft Orto, Luk38644, ShinobiFixer and 5 others like this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

Excuse me? I'm one of those assholes. The second I see an adder, my friend bounties the dude and we get on zee way. BE LIKE sh*tTY sh*tTY BANG BANG NUGGA! I didn't always used to be like this... it started of just getting revenge, then I enjoyed it. Now.... we're monsters. :( But blame rockstar! THERE'S NOTHING TO DO! :@ But don't you worry your little self, my pedigree chummybear, I too have to fund insurance fees of tragic tanks.
  • Bozzah likes this

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:21 AM

Here's my thing: It's Grand Theft Auto. There's a good chance you were just fist-fighting a random pedestrian, robbing a liquor store, speeding like a damned fool, shooting at whatever you felt like shooting at, participating in an illicit stolen car smuggling operation, jacking a tanker truck, busting up and robbing a drug deal, or performing any number of other crimes.

I don't have a tank. I don't want a tank. When I see one, I'm getting the hell out of Dodge. But it's Grand Theft motherf***ing Auto! The game that became famous for breaking all the rules. And now everyone wants there to be more and more strict rules applied to it.

Don't get blown up anymore.

• Luk38644, meatrocket8, JohnMcClainNYPD and 7 others like this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

A tank blew me up earlier whilst I was on pause and he had to pay for it. He immediately left. Maybe he had little money.
  • SFBryan18 likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:26 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 14 February 2014 - 06:27 AM.

Excuse me? I'm one of those assholes. The second I see an adder, my friend bounties the dude and we get on zee way. BE LIKE sh*tTY sh*tTY BANG BANG NUGGA! I didn't always used to be like this... it started of just getting revenge, then I enjoyed it. Now.... we're monsters. :( But blame rockstar! THERE'S NOTHING TO DO! :@ But don't you worry your little self, my pedigree chummybear, I too have to fund insurance fees of tragic tanks.

Like I said, I wouldn't give a sh*t. 

I just don't want to end up having to pay. If that's the case, get rid of the stupid ass insurance thing in general. If they want free for all mayhem, I don't give a sh*t. 

I just don't want to pay for it then. 

Here's my thing: It's Grand Theft Auto. There's a good chance you were just fist-fighting a random pedestrian, robbing a liquor store, speeding like a damned fool, shooting at whatever you felt like shooting at, participating in an illicit stolen car smuggling operation, jacking a tanker truck, busting up and robbing a drug deal, or performing any number of other crimes.

I don't have a tank. I don't want a tank. When I see one, I'm getting the hell out of Dodge. But it's Grand Theft motherf***ing Auto! The game that became famous for breaking all the rules. And now everyone wants there to be more and more strict rules applied to it.

Or, y'know. Don't be a prick. 

It's kind of simple to see the complaint here. They release an insurance thing that you pay to have on your car, one way or another.  Be apartment or seperate, you do pay for it. It's a broken feature then. It's not wanting a strict rule. 

It's wanting the game's mechanic to make sense. I'm not even suggesting they need the bad sport lobby. It's saying, at least make a punishment then. The game has separated.. or at least tried to from the normal "lol just shoot them all because it's grand theft auto lolz". At least, I think that was supposed to be the intent of the insurance and all of the other strict rules, i.e. bad sports lobbies.

It should be clear what the intention is, but it's broken. That's the point. Either ditch the insurance thing in general, or put harsher rules down on the tanks, and send them out. I still feel tanks need to be harder to get. They're f*cking tanks. I shouldn't be able to buy one from a damn website and conviently get it delivered to me. 

• JoeMamma likes this

JohnMcClainNYPD
  • JohnMcClainNYPD

New York Undercover

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:27 AM Edited by JohnMcClainNYPD, 14 February 2014 - 07:03 AM.

I don't like getting blown up either but I have to agree with this. It just is what it is. GTA online is a big place. Plenty of places to go if you want to get away from someone including another lobby.

• AAR, a20characterusername and Timely like this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:06 AM Edited by SideburnGuru, 14 February 2014 - 07:06 AM.

I don't like getting blown up either but I have to agree with this. It just is what it is. GTA online is a big place. Plenty of places to go if you want to get away from someone including another lobby.

..That really has nothing to do with my post at all.

Cincy32
  • Cincy32

RIP FRED PHELPS

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:17 AM Edited by Cincy32, 14 February 2014 - 07:33 AM.

..That really has nothing to do with my post at all.

Your post has nothing to do with the game you are playing. Just more senseless whining and bitching.

Honestly, I went through all of my money today to buy the DLC, including the Roosevelt. Tanks are only and have only ever been an issue in this game if you are a very low level character, or, in the case of PVs and insurance and higher level characters, if you are insanely stupid.

I don't know how many posts must be made bitching about tanks until people grow some common sense. There's seriously probably at least a 100 threads on here with pages and pages of users giving whiners sound advice on how to deal with / avoid tanks. Start searching.

EDIT:

As I said originally, before some mod deleted it (the first reply on to this thread):

SHUT THE f*ck UP

IMMEDIATELY

I know that's rude, and I am an asshole for posting it, but I am so sick of seeing people bitch about tanks. Plus, I consider it rude to say that Rockstar "NEEDS" to "fix" tank insurance... "Immediately."

• Timely and codename_duchess like this

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:24 AM Edited by Juanfartez, 14 February 2014 - 07:25 AM.

IRL when you get into a crash you have a deductible, and that is what you are paying when you're dumb enough to be in a public lobby with tanks in the first place. Next time go solo or with a small crew of friends invite only, and keep you're PV in the garage and ride in stolen cars in a public lobby. 

chriiis125
  • chriiis125

Meat Shield

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:26 AM

Wait, they didn't fix the tank insurance thing? Huh. Just kinda assumed that was part of the update.

Explosives in general are pretty freaking nuts. I'd prefer stickies and rockets to be more like they were in IV. Cars explode too easy, and in a crazy domino effect if another one is nearby.

LS must have something in the air that makes everything more explosive...

Spoiler

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

Anyone that supports tanks the way that they are needs to get their head out of Rockstar's ass.

The game wasn't meant to be played in solo or with crew/friends all the time. If you're going to tell people to switch and play alone or with only friends you might as well tell them to play story mode. This is multiplayer. It is meant to be played with others. Wake the f*ck up.

People that blow cars up with stickies, grenades, and other explosives don't get a free pass, so why should people in tanks blowing up cars get one?

There's nothing you can say to argue against that. People in tanks need to suffer the consequences just like everyone else. Period. You all just want to defend this to the death because you're the ones who call Pegasus as soon as you enter free roam and then drive around shelling anything that moves since it only costs you $200. Don't tell me you don't, because you do.

• Gran Feft Orto, SideburnGuru, PaulDPearl and 3 others like this

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

Tank user is most likely broke/or has cash stashed in his second character, you just got out smarted old sport
  • SFBryan18 likes this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

A tank blew me up earlier whilst I was on pause and he had to pay for it. He immediately left. Maybe he had little money.

Tank user is most likely broke/or has cash stashed in his second character, you just got out smarted old sport

These two posts win.

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Anyone that supports tanks the way that they are needs to get their head out of Rockstar's ass.

The game wasn't meant to be played in solo or with crew/friends all the time. If you're going to tell people to switch and play alone or with only friends you might as well tell them to play story mode. This is multiplayer. It is meant to be played with others. Wake the f*ck up.

People that blow cars up with stickies, grenades, and other explosives don't get a free pass, so why should people in tanks blowing up cars get one?

There's nothing you can say to argue against that. People in tanks need to suffer the consequences just like everyone else. Period. You all just want to defend this to the death because you're the ones who call Pegasus as soon as you enter free roam and then drive around shelling anything that moves since it only costs you $200. Don't tell me you don't, because you do.

This

Flexx
  • Flexx

Greatest Human In World History

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:36 AM Edited by Flexx, 15 February 2014 - 11:51 PM.

I didn't come here to complain about the tank crap because its not that serious to me. However this is hardly a proper argument, and by hardly, I mean not.

Doesn't even have anything to do with the original post, really. Tanks in GTA online are cheap, and I don't mean that in a literal sense. If they're going to exist in free roam than there probably should be more defenses or penalties for using them. Having to pay for someones PV after destroying it is a no brainer. You can't sticky a PV with no consequence can you? How about RPG it? No, right? Can't even blow it up with a buzzard missile and that takes considerably more tact.

I grief players all the time. Never in a tank though. Its boring and too damn easy. I just love it when I rape a lobby than they all come running after me with their tanks. Only for me to go passive and the whining and lulz to ensue. I'm in "bitch mode" but you have to go get 3 tanks and a firetruck to combat me. Funny.

Thunderer08
  • Thunderer08

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

Player in a tank = Noob asshole moron...... snipe those bitches out from a high roof top they soon rage quit.. f**k em!

• JoeMamma likes this

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

To the OP. What's your screen name? So I can put a $2000 bounty on you then blow up your precious Roosevelt without having to pay your insurance. I bet you want that nerfed too huh? Go back to Super Mario or solo freeroam cry baby.

• EnclaveSGT and codename_duchess like this

one_-AFRO-_three
  • one_-AFRO-_three

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

my adder was blown up today by a tank, and now I cant get insurance to replace it.. wtf?

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

The usual risible excuses by morons.

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:58 AM Edited by Jimrod, 14 February 2014 - 11:00 AM.

Every game seems to end up with something OP and in GTA Online it's tanks. Assholes always go straight for what's OP so they can feel special and powerful, probably people with sh*t lives.

People who say "it's GTA dude, get over it!" Seem to miss the point that they're making themselves, it's a game predominantly about stealing cars, it's not tank wars. In Rockstar's pretty decently constructed little universe it makes no sense to have tanks roaming the streets shelling everything, it's not supposed to be a warzone. If this happened in real life it wouldn't be a few cop cars turning up, the military would be involved to sort it out rather than cops firing peashooters.

It's fun to scope them but they still win, they probably kill dozens of freeroaming players before getting scoped and then what? They spend $200 and go grab another tank! Scoping them takes time and luck with set-up, all the tank has to do is move. The tank users know full well how to avoid paying insurance and that's a loophole that Rockstar should shut for the sake of their game as well as bringing in heavy artillery with the law enforcement that has to deal with them. The police in this game weren't designed to take out asshole tank players and that's a large part of the problem.

Rockstar made tanks too accessible. they've closed a loophole for low level players but it's too late now as many are 70+ and already spent glitched millions on them, they should be a rarity at the price but this morning I still came across four of them in an hour, I'm pretty damn sure this isn't what Rockstar wanted GTA Online to be. 

• Gran Feft Orto likes this

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Its only 9k. Then again I have 2 billion dollars.

The_Mossberg500
  • The_Mossberg500

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

I'm tired of the tank protection. Yeah, I can already smell the B.O. of the tank users rolling in "HA CRY SOME MORE" through my damn computer already. It's getting old. 

So I'm playing Online, and I've been cruising in the Roosevelt  for awhile. I was doing it earlier today, no issues. Just cruising around, but I understand there are people who will attack. I'm more then prepared for it. Some guy drives by me, SO damn fast. No idea why he just sped through. Then two more cars did. Out of no where, my whole car explodes. I had no idea of the tank. I didn't hear it up till I exploded.

Note I've been so damn careful with this car. It hasn't been blown up, I never needed to use the insurance on it. I've been good with protecting it from attackers. Hell, I wouldn't even have beef with the issue if.. 

I didn't have to pay for the damn insurance. I want a good reason why the hell I'm paying for some griefer's moronic actions. Like I said, I don't care that I died. I don't relatively care that the car blew up. But there's no reason any player has to pay for these assholes causing mayhem. 

I already feel like tanks get away with too much. I still feel they need to pay at least 30k each time they call for it.  But come on, this sh*t has gone on too much and takes away the whole purpose of having insurance. 

I know why they did it in the first place, with people driving into tanks in the first place. But can I ask, why the hell do you have a tank in free mode UNLESS you're trying to start sh*t? You know damn well, "WELL, THESE RUDE PEOPLE JUST CAME CRASHING INTO ME" is a bull sh*t story. Honestly, the key situation is either making them pay for all types of insurance again with the bad sport warning, or just taking tanks off the online mode in general. 

I agree with you totally! And I'l just repeat what I've said on the issue : This needs to be fixed. There's no reason someone can just join a random game of people who are minding their own, get in a tank, blow up multiple high priced cars then not only kill them, but have the person pay for the car themselves. Think of the logic, it's like you're paying someone to kill you and blow up your car.

• SideburnGuru and JoeMamma like this

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Did you not read that it has been fixed already and this one player was probably broke?

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Tanks and heist posts. Yawn !!!!

They're in the game. Deal with it. Maybe they should add a "cool-off" period or BS them after a while, but not get rid of them

Learn to avoid tanks or destroy them. And no, i'm not a tank griefer

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Just out of curiosity, what's the insurance amount you have to pay?

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

This probably wont be changed. Think of all the millions tanks have cost us. 

That means people have to play more to make their money back and people have to spend more money. Both wins for R*

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:04 PM

Read the f*cking thread noobs.

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

I wasn't trying to be an ass to anyone, but thanks.

My point is, the game is about doing bad things. ALL the time. Unless you golf a lot, I guess. Every action you take is about wrecking the hell out of someone's life. It just so happens you're doing it to the computer (robbing stores, jacking cars, murdering passersby). And that's great, as well as consequence free. But when someone else does it to you, suddenly it's a whole different game, and that person has to be responsible for what they did. And that's silly to me.

I see a tank, I go to another part of town. I don't play solo unless I'm selling a car or modding, when I want to be free to take care of my business. I've been blown up, and obviously I've had to pay my insurance deductible. And I don't think it's the responsibility of the person who got the better of me (however cheaply they did it) to pay for my loss.

If you're not alright with losing things because of the actions of other players, then you shouldn't play with other players.

EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

Dude it's GTA. If you wish to live a non violent virtual life go to Sims or Forza. Leave us alone.

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Pugman Luvy

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Kinda agree a lil bit. But I can't help but chuckle at the thought of one car speeding by, then two more, and you just go "...Wait, that's-" just before your car is engulfed in flames. Just kinda amusing to me, reading it like that, haha

• King S0lo likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users