Quantcast

» «
Photo

Was there any big talk about GTA V way before its release?

13 replies to this topic
wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

If there is someone in this forum who has been here for a while, or anyone else of that matter, do any of you know if GTA V was talked in threads like back in 2008 or 2009 after GTA IV got released? I looked back at some old threads and there was a guy talking about the next GTA game (Wich was called by him/her in that thread simply GTA 5) And talked how it would take place in Vice City. 

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

Nah, nobody talked about GTAV at all until it was released.

• epoxi, universetwisters and Killerdude like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Nah, nobody talked about GTAV at all until it was released.

Yep.

It was pretty quiet around here. Most we talked about was the nude scene in TLAD until Rockstar released GTA 5 right under our noses. Really caught us off guard the next week!

• Mr. House likes this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

This place was overrun by gta V talk since about the summer of 09 from what I can remember. But it really didn't heat up until after it was announced

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by Hodgey., 12 February 2014 - 09:04 PM.

If there is someone in this forum who has been here for a while, or anyone else of that matter, do any of you know if GTA V was talked in threads like back in 2008 or 2009 after GTA IV got released? I looked back at some old threads and there was a guy talking about the next GTA game (Wich was called by him/her in that thread simply GTA 5) And talked how it would take place in Vice City. 

Pretty much a couple of weeks after GTA IV ws released people where speculating about GTA V and complaining about GTA IV. And since then it steadily grew and grew over time.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

I've already seen talk of what GTA VI will be like, and V hasn't even been out that long. So yes, you can bet that there was talk of GTA V back then. It's how the cycle goes.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Of course.. and if you haven't noticed there are already threads on the next GTA as well, it's a pretty normal thing and I'm sure it's been going on in most places since III released.

NCONiall
  • NCONiall

Alright Dave?

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Back in 2010 there was a thread called 'Where is the blue?' which sparked a pretty big discussion regarding the announcement of the next GTA game. It was followed by another massive thread called 'Genesis.' in 2011 discussing the very same subject, 2/3 months prior to the official announcement. Before all that, all I can remember is that the forum was originally called GTA NeXt. It was mostly just speculation as you would imagine; you had your standard threads such as location, wishlist, protagonist, et cetera.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Pretty much a couple of weeks after GTA IV ws released people where speculating about GTA V and complaining about GTA IV. And since then it steadily grew and grew over time.

I I beileve that. And seeing as the date you came to this forum, it was only 2 months before the release of GTA IV. So you must have like been talking in alot of GTA IV threads right?

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:24 PM Edited by NYC PATROL, 15 February 2014 - 09:25 PM.

Oh hell yes. Not even a few days/weeks after IV released there was speculation threads on what V would be. Kind of like how it is now in the GTA series chat section.( Speculation on VI )

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

I I beileve that. And seeing as the date you came to this forum, it was only 2 months before the release of GTA IV. So you must have like been talking in alot of GTA IV threads right?

Well once GTA IV was released I didn't visit these forums to avoid spoilers till I completed the game for myself. So once I completed GTA IV (took a couple of weeks or so) I was back in the GTA IV section and by that point the GTA V topics had started.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

think the game was pushed back at least two years after they asked for pre-orders.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

There were a lot of posts about speculation and wishlists for the next GTA game, very comparable to the ones in the GTA series section at the moment. On one of the grand theft auto wikis they had somewhere around 10 pages of wishlist bullet points posted by random users until the staff got rid of (or maybe hid?) those pages, and they'd really fill up.

The trailer coming out exploded the interest in the next game though. There was a lot of hype, but not comparable to what it was like after the trailer.

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:50 AM

I still remember the stir this image from the EFLC manual caused back in October 2009, and hunt/guesses for what was behind there.

6379-gta-v-hint.jpg

Of course, it was just an existing ad for erectile dysfunction pills behind it, and "OPENS MARCH EVERYWHERE" meant nothing (besides probably when they intended EFLC to be released on the PC and PS3, but even that got pushed to April). The tear is shaped like the north of France, but I'm sure that was to throw everyone off, they must have known people would go crazy about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users