Photo

(360) GTA Online Olympics; Round 5

34 replies to this topic
theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:17 PM Edited by theGypsy, 16 February 2014 - 02:50 PM.

Proposed Date; Sunday February 16th – 3pm EST, 8pm UK, 12pm PDT

Well folks, it's that time again... we're getting ready to roll with round 5. Are you?

We've knocked out 4 rounds and 12 events so far and been having a blast doing it. That being said, we're nearing the end of ideas for events that we actually think would work and well... it's been a sh*t ton of work on this end and occasionally frustrating. Sooooo... this is probably going to be our last round until the Grand Finals. We'll see how it goes... (please lets do passive during events, controlling the madness can be a pain in the fckn arse)

The events this time out will include;

Oil Pump Pounding; for this one two contestants will be climbing up on the oil pumps and having a good ol fist fight. We'll run heats with the winner of the best 2 of 3 moving on to the next round until we have a champion. It was inspired by this video here https://www.youtube....h?v=In734IzjUpM

Rush Hour – in this event the 'athletes' will be riding a BMX against traffic on a busy highway in heats of 4 to move on until we have an eventual winner. If you have a BMX please bring it, but we'll have a few on hand if needed.

Hit the mark – in this one the contestants will start in groups of 4 jumping from a chopper high above the Maze Tower bank. The goal is to be the first one to land on the helipad on the top of the tower (alive). Jostling in the air is encouraged.

Again, we have pretty much run out of 'good' ideas and this might be the last round before the finals. If anyone does have some more ideas, please do hit this thread up here;

http://gtaforums.com...ny-event-ideas/

Standings to Date;

Here's the standings so far, the top 7 competitors will advance to the grand final (others are welcome to join the session to watch, cheer on mates etc..).

Zoobz - 14pts

ItzReality - 11 pts

DS Monkfish – 11 pts

AyeRub – 8 pts

Nato - 7 Pts

Scoobriod – 6 pts

DeaJinx - 5 Pts

Panic Attack3r - 5 pts

BeanzInApot – 4pts

Skiddy - 3 pts

SenorMidget - 3pts

Sugar Free Nos – 2 pts

Trisma - 2 pts

Lonesome Drifter – 1 pt

If you want to watch the action from round 4, the video is here.

(click through for sound, much more fun)

If you're interested in taking part in the upcoming event please leave a comment below and your GT.

Participants signed up to date;

MonkFish

Scoob

Beanz

PANiCATTACK3R

XfreeZe

Skiddy

Zoobz

Mr Hollick

ItsReality

GirlyBird

Wanes

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Fo sho mofo!

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:16 PM

Added sir... yer looking solid for the finals

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:52 PM Edited by Scoobroid, 12 February 2014 - 04:03 PM.

Will be there!

Oh and nice video once again...

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

Thanks Scoob... lookin forward to it as always

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:24 AM

Sweet! I'll be able to make this one!!
  • Scoobroid likes this

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

Good stuff, will add ya Beanz. Sorry I didn't catch ya earlier, but I was playing with the family (wife, son, daughter... family affair) and we were in a party... then went to do some missions. Didn't want ya thinking I don't luv ya still bro... and hey, was that yer bong bubbling I heard at one point when we came back from the party and went on some missions? Figured it had to be U ... rofl

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:06 AM

Good stuff, will add ya Beanz. Sorry I didn't catch ya earlier, but I was playing with the family (wife, son, daughter... family affair) and we were in a party... then went to do some missions. Didn't want ya thinking I don't luv ya still bro... and hey, was that yer bong bubbling I heard at one point when we came back from the party and went on some missions? Figured it had to be U ... rofl

Ha ha, yea you know it! And yea its all good bro, I was mainly cruising around on my bagger that I just found last night.

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

ha ha.... nice. I should be on later...

Anyone else want to sign up before the QOTD boys start to stream in?

DS Monkfish
  • DS Monkfish

Doesn't know how to do good avatars

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Great vid by the way Gypsy! Really appreciate all the effort you're putting in getting this stuff together :)

I'll miss it when it's over :(

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

Great vid by the way Gypsy! Really appreciate all the effort you're putting in getting this stuff together :)

I'll miss it when it's over :(

lol.... well I am sure we'll come up with plenty of other event ideas along the way. It all started with the Old Man's Crack one... soooooo... I am sure we'll find more. I really hadn't planned on this running longer than the REAL Olympics anyway... so, our grand finals will be timed with the end of that (still need to work out a closing ceremonies idea...)

Oh and if anyone that attends these has some time on Friday, I have this; http://gtaforums.com...entmeet-upidea/

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Crew Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

too late! we will be there :)   We managed to fill an entire session on our motorbike only night last night :) 

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

too late! we will be there :)   We managed to fill an entire session on our motorbike only night last night :)

Nice, I made a post on the QOTD boards earlier about my "idea" (see siggy)... it would be fckn awesome if we can pull it off.

Added... the grand final is shaping up to be pretty QOTD loaded hehe. Tho, it looks like yer tied for the final spot for that atm. Might want to put some sleeping pills in Zoob and Monk's tea

• PANiC ATTACK3R likes this

PANiC ATTACK3R
  • PANiC ATTACK3R

Crew Founder

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:31 AM Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R, 14 February 2014 - 09:31 AM.

Nice, I made a post on the QOTD boards earlier about my "idea" (see siggy)... it would be fckn awesome if we can pull it off.

Added... the grand final is shaping up to be pretty QOTD loaded hehe. Tho, it looks like yer tied for the final spot for that atm. Might want to put some sleeping pills in Zoob and Monk's tea

yeah we all up for the VDay massacre, just a shame the servers went down last night. We on for Sat?

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:59 PM Edited by theGypsy, 14 February 2014 - 01:00 PM.

yeah we all up for the VDay massacre, just a shame the servers went down last night. We on for Sat?

Sure, I can do early on tonight, or tomorrow. Just let me know

And hey, this round of Olympics are lookin' a bit light... Might have to cancel at this rate.

XfreeZesk8s
  • XfreeZesk8s

XfreeZe

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Totally down!

gt: XfreeZe

I can record too if that will be needed :D

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Totally down!

gt: XfreeZe

I can record too if that will be needed :D

You sir, are a gem. I'd LOVE to have another cameraperson handy for our events. I will add u to the list for this one. You'll need to add me on 360, makes life easier for me. My GT = theGypsy66

We're also filming a special short film, (see the graphic in my siggy, leads to the thread on that). with early this afternoon or tomorrow (probably around 11-12pm est). I'd love to have another camera person on that if yer interested. I'll PM ya the deets on that.

Zoobz
  • Zoobz

King of Queens

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

If you need more contestants, feel free to put my name down.

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

I'm sorry sir, we're still awaiting your drug testing results... hehe... added

Itzreality
  • Itzreality

A title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:31 PM Edited by Itzreality, 14 February 2014 - 01:31 PM.

^

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

^

Added sir....

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

Well f*ck guys. Just got a call from my supervisor telling me I'm gonna have to work Sunday morning, so I looks like I won't be able to participate AGAIN!!! O well have fun guys! GO TEAM MURIKA!!!(even though the UK has us beat! Lol!)

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Meh... that sucks ass bro... U will be missed.

Ok folks, 24hrs or so.... anyone else want in? I have a few peeps from my FL coming, so we're filling up fairly fast now.

Girlybird
  • Girlybird

Tweet Tweet

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Ill definitely be there!! Cant wait!

• PANiC ATTACK3R likes this

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Added Girly, look forward to seeing U there!! (and thanks for helping out with that other project last night... good fun).

• Girlybird likes this

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Tic toc... tic toc... 5hrs to go. Anyone else want to join us?

ayeRUB
  • ayeRUB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

damn  I'm bummed finally a fist fighting event and I unfortunately missed this thread! awww! all good i'll make the next one for sure. if its not too late I can still join the lobby to spectate if there is room

• Keuthonymos likes this

Scoobroid
  • Scoobroid

GTAO Olympic Champion of Champions

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

damn  I'm bummed finally a fist fighting event and I unfortunately missed this thread! awww! all good i'll make the next one for sure. if its not too late I can still join the lobby to spectate if there is room

We didn't see this, I think we were underway when you posted, so no one was watching the forum. You were missed. The Champion of Champions showdown is next though, I think you made it through! Was a good one tonight, the BMX against freeway traffic was excellent!

Keuthonymos
  • Keuthonymos

TCCG

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

Week #5 is over, the finalists have had messages sent out to them!

Video and standings will come soon!

Itzreality
  • Itzreality

A title

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Don't worry man, I made a racist joke on your behalf, thank me later.

• Scoobroid likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users