Photo

The GTA V OCD thread

69 replies to this topic
SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

“Scientific Progress goes boink?”

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:48 AM Edited by SingularSoul, 14 February 2014 - 08:51 AM.

Great thread! Glad to see I have in common a similar style of play with other fellow GTA gamers. Anyhow:

- I never kill peds (only if they make an open attack on me or insults and attack's Trevor after I insulted them back) inside or outside the missions. Only people that are required or gangs if they attack or insult. Civilians are extra save in my world.

- Can't live (play) without cinematic camera.

- I don't drive slow and obey traffic lights, but I like to follow the road, drive inside my track beetwen two lines all the time and drive normal or fastes as possible without crashing (not on the curb, a side of the road, grass ect).

- Don't like to hit any other vehicles while I'm driving or crash into anything (I just need to load the game if I do). I'm always extra focused, when it comes to gunfights or driving with cinematic camera turned on most of the time.

- Never smoke weed with Michael. It just does not fit his personalty in my eye.

- Like to play with close player camera (to notice every detail while on foot), second close or first person (during Police chases to get that movie feel) for cars, and first person for all air vehicles.

All of the above. Plus I change my character's clothing based on time and weather conditions. I also cannot stand a dirty/damaged car. Oh, and my biggest issue; BULLET WOUNDS. I genuinely reload the game if I get shot, or have bruises etc. Man, I have mega-OCD. :p

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Another thing I gotta do when I'm playing through the story, is change the characters' facial hair from time to time.

For example,

At the beginning of the game, Mike would have a clean shave but, after, say, Did Somebody Say Yoga?, I would give him a short stubble. Soon, after a few missions, I would give him a long stubble. And then, after Trevor kidnaps Martin's wife and they head to the desert, I would give him a long beard.

The same goes for the other 2. 

• Strength and SingularSoul like this

Smash_It_Up_007
  • Smash_It_Up_007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Hahah, so much OCD !!! (Oh no, I didn't put periods/stops after each letter, aggghh, how am I going to carry on with my life?)

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

All protagonists must act perfectly in-character. 

• SingularSoul likes this

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:06 AM Edited by Strength, 14 February 2014 - 11:14 AM.

Me too. I change facials to stubble every week or two, long beards after every month or so, by the end of the game all three characters are overgrown with beards and longer (long) hair, except Michael, I make him DeNiro style for the last heist that is similar to movie Heat (which is my all time favorite crime movie), but before the Meltdown premier and Family Reunited he keeps this look:

o9ppxd.jpg

Trevor:

sqt4jd.jpg

Franklin (add here Full Van Dyke)

358p4wj.jpg

After the last mission, I make them all bald and without facials and keep that look for a month or so. 

Also I only buy a few types of clothing for each character that I like. I am not a shopping maniac, but I like to pick similar stuff that all three characters already own and like, which I like too.

Concerning guns, give me a sticky bombs, granades, AP Pistol, Beretta 92FS and Carbine Rifle and the game is mine. I hate that you can't drop the weapons at your own will. A simple throwing animation and discard button would be superb.

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

“Scientific Progress goes boink?”

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

Hahah, so much OCD !!! (Oh no, I didn't put periods/stops after each letter, aggghh, how am I going to carry on with my life?)

I hope you're at least TRYING to be funny.

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

krashr
  • krashr

flashr

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:06 AM

when at michaels house i feel rude if i don't talk to the maid.

i will use quick save, but it doesn't feel like a proper save until i do it at a safehouse.

i have to pause the game before i switch it off.

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

I don't like how sometimes it takes forever for the full geometry of a vehicle to load. If there are a lot of cars around, the polygons on the car look low until you attempt to enter the car.

If you didn't notice this before... well... you're welcome!

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:00 AM

A couple of other things I have been doing lately is:

• Each protag has his own weapon colour: Michael - Platinum, Franklin - Green, Trevor - Army
  • Each protag has his own melee weapon he uses: Michael - Knife, Franklin - Baseball Bat, Trevor - Hammer

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:43 AM

-I enjoy killing police officers and gangsters, but I feel bad when I run over civilians because of my terrible driving

-I never steal a car except when:

A) cops are chasing me
B) I play as Trevor
C) the car belongs to a cop or gangster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users