payday 2 is pretty fun

15 replies to this topic
tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Free for plus. Got it and downloaded the huge 4gb update as well, rank 9 now and the only thing i would change is the drill/lockpick speed. Takes way too long lol. 

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cünt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

It gets boring fast, there's a shortage of different levels, not worthy of the hype whatsoever. Count yourself lucky you got it for free, though. 

Ray
  • Ray

I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

It's awesome at first but gets stale pretty quickly. It's the type of game that you play every once in awhile.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

How does the skill tree work? Like how do I choose what class I'm playing as or are all the bonuses active constantly? 

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

There already is a payday 2 topic, somewhere, possibly on the other page.

http://www.pd2skills.info/

This may help you figure out the perks.

The game is definitely not boring or overrated. The issue is you need to make sure you have at least one or two other friends to play with otherwise it might be. Communication is key and it is difficult to master but that only increases the satisfaction of completing a job unseen.

I would highly recommend shotguns for everything. I don't think the console versions have been patched the same as the PC version, as they made a lot of changes, but I believe it is still the case that the pump shotguns and double barrel are the best.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

There already is a payday 2 topic, somewhere, possibly on the other page.

http://www.pd2skills.info/

This may help you figure out the perks.

The game is definitely not boring or overrated. The issue is you need to make sure you have at least one or two other friends to play with otherwise it might be. Communication is key and it is difficult to master but that only increases the satisfaction of completing a job unseen.

I would highly recommend shotguns for everything. I don't think the console versions have been patched the same as the PC version, as they made a lot of changes, but I believe it is still the case that the pump shotguns and double barrel are the best.

last post was dec 22nd, that is at least 10 pages back it would probably be better to just start a new thread lol

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

I never even finished the first one before I got bored. How much of an improvement is this?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

It's fun to play with friends or just random people, just make sure you can communicate. If you don't, it's not fun at all.

The skill trees are just different perks that you always have; the classes are just different ways to arrange them. You can only unlock later perks in classes by unlocking earlier perks in that tree. Also, although you can unlock multiple equipment, you can only have one equipped for a game. 

This game's the kinda game which is fun for a certain amount of time (i.e. how long your patience is for harder levels and how many levels/variation there is), but you shouldn't overdo it as it just doesn't become that much fun. 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Awesome, I will download it later as been waiting for it to be released for free on PS Plus :O :D

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Its a good game but the developers treatment for the console users is pretty sh*ty that I can't continue playing it.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Its not avaliable for me. Is it just for the American Playstation Plus as it aint showing in my instant game collection.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Its not avaliable for me. Is it just for the American Playstation Plus as it aint showing in my instant game collection.

only for us plus users, just make an american  ps plus account lol. I will make an EU one probably when my card comes in the mail. I have to see what they are offering next month though as if it is similar to the US it would be a waste of money.

Back on topic, you guys were right im kinda bored now lol 

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

only for us plus users, just make an american  ps plus account lol. I will make an EU one probably when my card comes in the mail. I have to see what they are offering next month though as if it is similar to the US it would be a waste of money.

As far as i remember 80% from ps+ is same ( EU and US ) but different time so having EU and US ps+ is prolly a waste of cash in the long run ( or buy 1 month ps+ ). The game is fun altough i expected more maps since its more as twice of the price as payday 1. I bought it with discount so np but they could add more or atleast some dlc. I miss lmg gun and hope a harder difficulty. It might get boring but i still like it and im 88 now. Shotguns good with magazine perk = 15more bullets but overal best is ak with silenced smg and ammo perks. 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Ahhh well. I cant be bothered making a US account, I'll just wait and see if at some point in the near future Payday 2 is free for us in Europe. Im not desperate to play Payday 2 but if it is avaliable I will give it a go.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

feels like the same 2 or 3 maps in payday 2. Why everything leads back to that boring bank heist is beyond me 

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

feels like the same 2 or 3 maps in payday 2. Why everything leads back to that boring bank heist is beyond me 

Ye its annoying see same maps over and over again and small heists all seem the same but the fun is get evrything as fast as possible or try silenced first. I really hope dlc soon, payday1 seems to get bored less fast but evryone using invincible glitch which ruin the whole part of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users