» «
Photo

Never buy a weapon

15 replies to this topic
CYANiDAL
  • CYANiDAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:49 AM Edited by CYANiDAL, 13 February 2014 - 08:57 AM.

Just in case some people did not know, you never have to buy any of the weapons in your arsenal at Ammu-nation, saving you tons of dollars.

Every weapon can be picked up in Survival modes or Gang attacks, from the micro SMG to the Mini Gun. When your rank is adequate regarding the unlock level, the weapon is a keeper.

I think the only gun that I haven't been able to pick up was the AP pistol. The rest was all found along the way, I even picked up the automatic shottie after shooting the shop owner from Ammu-nation. :)

EDIT: Let me emphasize that a sure shot way to keep a picked up weapon in your arsenal is to go to Ammu-nation afterwards and buy an attachment, weapon tint or extra ammo for that particular weapon.

This triggers the game to register the picked up weapon as your possession making sure it does not disappear once you go offline!.

• Captain Revenge likes this

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Hopefully Helpful

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

If you're not high enough level you will lose the weapons when you start a new session.

But yeah, low level players can play survival to gain some weapons for their upcoming session. :)

Mr. Muramasa
  • Mr. Muramasa

Corsair

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

I have done this whenever I had a chance to and can confirm that it works ONLY with the smaller guns. Weapons that cannot be received this way include:

AP pistol

Sniper Rifle

MG

and I can confirm that it doesn't work with the heavy weapons (the weapons located on the left of the weapon wheel), or at least it doesn't work with the grenade launcher.

HarveyBest
  • HarveyBest

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

Doesn't work with advanced rifle, minigun or rocket launcher either. As soon as you start a new session they disappear.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

Its one of the reasons I wrote the survival guide, helped me out so much when I was starting out. I would basically do one decent high round of survival at the start of a session and would be set for all the DMs and missions that would follow.

gta4thewin
  • gta4thewin

Hopefully Helpful

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Its one of the reasons I wrote the survival guide, helped me out so much when I was starting out. I would basically do one decent high round of survival at the start of a session and would be set for all the DMs and missions that would follow.

Yeah I thought if that guide, read it yesterday. A really nice guide and a good plan for players that wanna use high level weapons in free roam. I used to do it before when I didn't have all weapons unlocked. :)

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

I had the minigun before reaching 120 from an earlier survival. As soon as I reached 120, I was on my way to Ammu-Nations to get a gold tint for it - but the game froze on the way there. After I restarted, I didn't have the minigun any more. Had to buy it all over again plus all the ammo for it - a lot of cash, let me tell you - to get the 800 RP "Proud Gun Owner" award AND the gold tint.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I had the minigun before reaching 120 from an earlier survival. As soon as I reached 120, I was on my way to Ammu-Nations to get a gold tint for it - but the game froze on the way there. After I restarted, I didn't have the minigun any more. Had to buy it all over again plus all the ammo for it - a lot of cash, let me tell you - to get the 800 RP "Proud Gun Owner" award AND the gold tint.

and $15k to reload it! Make sure you never get killed with it in your hands, loose all the amo!

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:02 PM

^ after I maxed out my strength stat, I never seem to die any more either LOL, the health bar would be blinking red and be almost gone but never actually drains all the way to the left

CYANiDAL
  • CYANiDAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:04 PM Edited by CYANiDAL, 12 February 2014 - 01:15 PM.

Contrary to what some of you have experienced I want to emphasize that I have picked up all the weapons during gang attacks/survivals and WAS able to keep them. Even the Advanced Rifle, Combat MG, Heavy Sniper, Grenade Launcher, RPG and Mini Gun. Ofcourse only if your rank is high enough to unlock said weapon. It has happened that a weapon disappeared after going offline but one thing that I noticed is that after picking it up in a session when you go to Ammu-nation afterwards and buy an attachment, weapon tint or extra ammo for that weapon it will definitely stay in your weapon wheel.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

I remember when I was Rank 20 and I wanted the Carbine but had to wait until Rank 42....then i found out I could do this so i went to Elsyium Island and fought merryweather dudes and got a Carbine for FREE.....i was so happy and thought i was so cool........until it is removed. 

You know what? that inspired me to get my own and that became my mission...to Rank up.

statistic
  • statistic

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

I just unlocked the grenade launcher.  It's $30+k, and I'm not really sure if I'd ever use it.  You who have it, is it worthy?  What's it best used for?  Know of any survivals/gang attacks in particular where I can find it, or are the weapons random across the different games?

craftyard
  • craftyard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

I have done this whenever I had a chance to and can confirm that it works ONLY with the smaller guns. Weapons that cannot be received this way include:

AP pistol

Sniper Rifle

MG

and I can confirm that it doesn't work with the heavy weapons (the weapons located on the left of the weapon wheel), or at least it doesn't work with the grenade launcher.

Not true for the MG, at least. I got to level 50 the other day and picked one up in survival, and I was able to keep it.

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

Grand Theft Otto

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

The best place for free ammo is the green loot boxes in Gang Attacks, if its ammo clips it will apply to the gun u r holding.  Most of my bullet weapons have 10,000 rounds of ordinance per gun.

statistic
  • statistic

Playa

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

The best place for free ammo is the green loot boxes in Gang Attacks, if its ammo clips it will apply to the gun u r holding.  Most of my bullet weapons have 10,000 rounds of ordinance per gun.

Didn't know this, thanks!  I usually do the gang attacks with the AP, but I'll have to switch over to the Carbine before getting the loot next time (that's my PvP gun, I like to keep it loaded).

CYANiDAL
  • CYANiDAL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

I just unlocked the grenade launcher.  It's $30+k, and I'm not really sure if I'd ever use it.  You who have it, is it worthy?  What's it best used for?  Know of any survivals/gang attacks in particular where I can find it, or are the weapons random across the different games?

The nade launcher is good for taking on vehicles but does not really warrant the hefty price tag since ammo also costs you big bucks.

I didnt buy it at Ammu-nation but picked it up at Survival on Boneyard (the map with the old planes).

Just make sure that afterwards you go to Ammu-nation to buy an attachment, weapon tint or extra ammo for it as this seems to register the weapon as your property.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users