Photo

A lot of hate on the Albany Roosevelt

100 replies to this topic
Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:10 PM Edited by Doktor Gott, 12 February 2014 - 04:11 PM.

I'm not really twisting things though, am I?

The second world war and the associated rapid progress in technology, design and industrial processes changed the world far more in a shorter period of time than at any point previously in history.. and a lot of the research that was carried out during the war obviously made its way into the public realm afterwards as can be witnessed by the more streamlined styling of cars, planes etc.

The RAF started the war flying biplanes, yet by the end of it had jet fighters.. That's the level of advance we're talking about (let alone we suddenly found ourselves in the atomic age) and something that was applied across the board, be it transport, weaponary, medicine, electronics..  Even looking at weaponary, yes the Tommy gun was used during WW2, but we also saw the precursors for the likes of the AK47 (Stg44 for example) and other more advanced weapons..

So my assertion that there's a gulf of difference between the late 20s/early 30s and late 40s (LA Noire is set in 1947 mind) isn't far off the mark...

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

So what you're saying is, everyone in the whole world who dislikes the new car, must like chrome Entities and Adders?

*sigh* are you really that desperate to pick a fight?

All I was saying is that there are people who enjoy driving cars that aren't chrome Entities or Adders. However, if your adolescent pride and rage simply MUST be satisfied then go ahead and call me a "phaggot" or "NoOb" or whatever it is you youngsters use for insults these days. You can even criticize my english some more if it helps.

Nobody is calling you names. Get over yourself. What you say is not fact, and we all know it. Again, get over yourself.

I personally prefer ripping around in my Pea Green Stratum. If it gets destroyed, ill call in my Mesa. You have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop posting. 

Mattyp1514
  • Mattyp1514

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

If this car has nothing special about it other than look, I aint got time for it.  If it is bulletproof, it will have a place in my garage.

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

But it doesn't exist yet

It exists sexbox, just not released yet.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

To be clear, since many people seem confused, a "limo" is not necessarily, by definition, a very long vehicle that seats 8+. That's a stretch limousine.

ARCTICvnc
  • ARCTICvnc

Forced Induction

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

I don't think there is a real opportunity to use that type of car.

You mean there is no opportunity for YOU to use this car. Some of us like to drive around in something other than a chrome Entity or Adder.

I don't have a single supercar in my garage let alone any chrome cars but alright....

I'm not gonna be the one complaining when some idiot in a tank or Adder pulls up to you and blows you off the face of the earth.

Don't get me wrong it's a cool car, it's a classic mob car, think Al Capone had one  but it isn't very practical just like all the cars R* added in the last DLC.

• kasheku likes this

blackmyst
  • blackmyst

Bastard

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:46 PM

"Wahhh, someone doesn't like a car I like. Why can't everyone like the same things I like!!!!!"

• kasheku likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

found a funny thing.  In mafia 2, I wanted new cars, now in gta 5, I want old cars...

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

My dogs think my spice ferns are Jews.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

I, for one, think its a very classy car. 
Goodbye Z-Type, hello Roosevelt. 

Hotband
  • Hotband

Loner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by Hotband, 12 February 2014 - 11:57 PM.

Can't wait to drive it. I'm just happy they didn't add some more overused sports cars that most of the kids in GTAO drive. :beerhat:

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

Sniping your mom....

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

To be clear, since many people seem confused, a "limo" is not necessarily, by definition, a very long vehicle that seats 8+. That's a stretch limousine.

Exactly.. I've always taken a limousine to be a car with a partition between the driver and passengers...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users