Photo

A lot of hate on the Albany Roosevelt

100 replies to this topic
Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

i will make sure to blow up all the albany roosevelts i see, and im broke so i cant pay for insurance. 

Mommy probably should've hugged you more.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:09 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 12 February 2014 - 01:14 PM.

Adder owners hate the Roosevelt even when it's not out because it's a Classic car & Adder owners think Classic = slow.

Didn't the real one have a V16 engine?

Al Capone would be rolling in his grave

It had a 90 HP V8 engine and over 3000lbs of Armor plating and 1 inch windows. All this thrown onto what was essentially the wealthy mans family sedan means that the car was built to be an unarmed tank...not a race car. If this car is branded as a Sports Classic I will eat my phone.

Coin.
  • Coin.

Some motherf*cker’s always trying to ice skate up hill.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

Adder owners hate the Roosevelt even when it's not out because it's a Classic car & Adder owners think Classic = slow.

It had a 90 HP V8 engine and over 3000lbs of Armor plating and 1 inch windows. All this thrown onto what was essentially the wealthy mans family sedan means that the car was built to be an unarmed tank...not a race car. If this car is branded as a Sports Classic I will eat my phone.

Where as I will eat mine if it is in the sedan category. It may not belong in the sports classic category, but it is still a more appropriate category than is sedan.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

FourTwoZero

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Tbh mate I haven't seen any hate at all and anyway why give a f*ck about something that someone else doesn't give a f*ck about?

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

no, classic Cadillac models, such as this one, came standard with a V8. The only ones I can think of that came with larger engines were the V12 Bugatti Type-8s. The factory V16 wasn't constructed until later years.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

I think its ok , doesnt drive very well tho and hardly any upgrade options

And you know this how?

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Pugman Luvy

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

There's a lot of hate on everything. It's the internet.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Where as I will eat mine if it is in the sedan category. It may not belong in the sports classic category, but it is still a more appropriate category than is sedan.
Your on...will need a picture of phone in mouth when you lose :)

Coin.
  • Coin.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Your on...will need a picture of phone in mouth when you lose :)

I'm not a betting woman.. :(

And what happens when instead of ending up in the sedan or sports classic category, it ends up in the muscle category intead?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Well guess it does not matter if your not betting.
No way its muscle though.
I still think it should be Peggusus...since they called it a limo in the promo.

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Trading the beloved entity for a car that travelled on the titanic and is only good to shag ginger girls in, is lost your mind activity. :(

I only got an entity for races but since I suck sh*t at them :turn: I don't see the point of having it anymore. Sure it'll be emotional(?) to let it go but sacrifices have to be made!

Thanks for that. Refreshing to see some honesty for a change. 90% of the people in this forum would have said driving physics or racing sucks...but you simply said it was your own inability. Thanks.
what can I say, Honesty is the best policy after all

Coin.
  • Coin.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Well guess it does not matter if your not betting.
No way its muscle though.
I still think it should be Peggusus...since they called it a limo in the promo.

Nah. I was pretty disappointed when I bought the limo early on only to find it was Pegasus only, so couldn't even put armor and bullet proof tires on it as originally planned. Did Al Capone even drive the thing most of the time, or did he have a chauffeur? I suspect the latter, which makes sense for R* to use the limo term in the promo.

None of this would be a problem though if we had a classic car category.  :panic:

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

He was driven. And if the car comes pre armored and BP tires you would not need to do so in LSC. Add to that the likelyhood of them having any visual mods for such an iconic car that is already decked to the nines of the time...aaaand the fact that aftermarket performance was not a thing...it makes perfect sense to bea Peg ride.

BewareoftheBears
  • BewareoftheBears

BruinsVindicated

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I don't really think I'll want it just for the simple fact that I'll probably never use it.

I already use and like all of my other cars anyway, I see no point in having a car just to look at in my garage.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

I hate it when people hate on hate before even hating on the concept of someone hating what you hate.

Productive pony approves?

Coin.
  • Coin.

• Feroci
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

I hate it when people hate on hate before even hating on the concept of someone hating what you hate.

You were lied to, friend.

That pony is not productive.

• MantisFang likes this

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

why does everyone suck at Xzibit...?
  • MantisFang likes this

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Does it supposed to be like this?
Yo dawg,i heard you like hating so we put a hate on a hate so you can hate while you hate.
  • MantisFang and Thr33X like this

Thr33X
  • Thr33X

GTA Photographers Commish

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by Thr33X, 12 February 2014 - 03:10 PM.

Does it supposed to be like this?
Yo dawg,i heard you like hating so we put a hate on a hate so you can hate while you hate.

Done!

AwK2jj1.png

• PerceusSOZ and MantisFang like this

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

I nothing this car.

I'll try it out it in SP, and most likely get bored, & never use it again. I'm glad they're adding to this game, but I can't get excited for a mini L. A. Noire update.

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:25 PM Edited by Doktor Gott, 12 February 2014 - 03:30 PM.

Oh FFS..

Can people please distinguish between LA Noire's period - i.e the late 40s, and the 1920s Gangster period this content is for..

Learn some fecking history, eh?

Big differences: 1920s music = jazz, 40s = swing etc

Clothing n'all... I don't think you'd get many flappers running around in the 1940s now, do you??

PROHIBITION - America weren't dry in the 40s, it was in the 20s - that's why it was the age of the gangster, weren't it?

If anything you'd be more accurate referencing The Untouchables than LA Noire.....

• FertileFuZZ likes this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Oh FFS..

Can people please distinguish between LA Noire's period - i.e the late 40s, and the 1920s Gangster period this content is for..

Learn some fecking history, eh?

Big differences: 1920s music = jazz, 40s = swing etc
Clothing n'all... I don't think you'd get many flappers running around in the 1940s now, do you??
PROHIBITION - America weren't dry in the 40s, it was in the 20s - that's why it was the age of the gangster, weren't it?

Yep but the mobs lasted into the 40s and 50s. Look at Mafia and Mafia II. Learn some f*cking history. Cars from 20s to 40s were very similar. The 50s featured different car looks and cars really changed into bigger larger sedans

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Look the mobs part is undeniable but the nature of the business changed.. a lot..

but you've also got to remember there was a world war and a lot of technological/social/fashion progress in the times between..

For some reason I've got Millers Crossing in mind when thinking about all of this..

It's quite odd though, as there's not really many (modern) films I can think of that deal with the late 40s period and gangster compared to the 20s.. obviously there's the whole film noir genre but that was more a product of its time as well..

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Some people don't like classics.  To each his own.  I think the car looks sweet though, and it's obvious it's not meant to be a race car, it's more of a cruiser.  So use it like it's intended and have fun with it.

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Cars from 20s to 40s were very similar.

1920s Studebaker

SIL28-40-02.jpg

1949 Studebaker

DSC_0007.jpg

OK... I see the similarity...

• wolfp212 likes this

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

big boss

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

the car will obviously be a utility vehicle, guys

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

This is the first I'm hearing about people hating on the car that's not even out yet. I feel like by you posting this thread people are going to start hating it on purpose. No wait, that would never happen, maybe on other forums but not these forums, these forums are full of mature, respectful and intelligent people.

• RebelWithoutAPause likes this

RebelWithoutAPause
  • RebelWithoutAPause

überberechtigt

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

No wait, that would never happen, maybe on other forums but not these forums, these forums are full of mature, respectful and intelligent people.

Sarcasm detector.

Broken.

:D

• I.haigh likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

the car will obviously be a utility vehicle, guys

Enjoy it while you can? :D

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Cars from 20s to 40s were very similar.

1920s Studebaker

SIL28-40-02.jpg

1949 Studebaker

DSC_0007.jpg

OK... I see the similarity...
Some not all
Also late 40s is practically transition between 40s and 50s way to take something and twist it. I am a car guy and I personally like everything from the 20s to 60s especially the cars and music

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users