Photo

That really ugly feeling..

35 replies to this topic
RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:51 AM

When you get home, open up the door and realize someone broke in and ransacked the place.  They took my laptops but missed my PS3 thankfully.  It's like these idiot(s) deliberately made a mess, good grief.   Anybody else ever go through this bullsh*t?

• Finn 7 five 11, Captain Arthur and Bawse like this

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:55 AM Edited by gtamann123, 12 February 2014 - 02:59 AM.

Ive never had my home broken into but I had someone rummage through my car once when I left it unlocked. I theorize it was one of the meth addicts that hangs out in an abandoned building near my house. They didn't take anything but it makes you feel real pissed off that some loser would violate the personal space of an innocent person and look to steal his property because they are a pathetic drug addict. Get some decency

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:00 AM

I never had a home breaking although when I was a kid someone did break into the shed at the bottom of the garden.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:01 AM

I've luckily never been burgled before, but having typed that, someone burgling my house is damn near imminent now.

Do you have any ideas on who did it, did they leave any clues behind?

First thing you're gonna wanna do is check Craigslist and pawn shops, especially the seedy-looking ones. That's where a lot of stolen goods end up most of the time.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:07 AM

Not really but I suspect it was a hit-and-run type of thieves because all the big computers are still here.. monitors, stereo... ahhh, and they missed my SLR !!! f*ck thank god.  Makes me feel ugly inside knowing a bunch of scrubs were snooping around my house and personal belongings.   And now I have to change all my banking passwords! ugh.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:15 AM

Not really but I suspect it was a hit-and-run type of thieves because all the big computers are still here.. monitors, stereo... ahhh, and they missed my SLR !!! f*ck thank god.  Makes me feel ugly inside knowing a bunch of scrubs were snooping around my house and personal belongings.   And now I have to change all my banking passwords! ugh.

You may wanna change your facebook, GTAF, etc. passwords aswell. They might know about them :O

And dont forget to check pawn shops and craigslist

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

had a break in when i was a little kid.

they ripped out cabinets and drawers, papers were everywhere and all my stuff was on the floor, the goons didnt take jack sh*t. it was almost as if they said "hey lets break into this apartment, mess up all the furniture and throw everything on the floor, but lets not take all this jewelry, all these vhs, a vcr (this was back when vcr was the shizen), this tv, this stereo, and everything else in this apartment." f*cking dickwads.

but it truly does feel terrible to know someone has invaded your place of comfort. 

• RAS_ZeroZ likes this

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:32 AM

It's been a bad few days here.. my father was just admitted to the hospital and the doctor seems fairly certain he has lung cancer so I really didn't need this distraction. Hope the idiots that did this f*cking fall down a sewer.

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

I hope they contract a deadly virus and bleed out of their anal orifices :)

I hope you sort it out and everything settles for you :^:

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:12 AM

Why steal laptops? They're worth sh*t all second hand.

Gregx
  • Gregx

Vandal

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:51 AM Edited by Gregx, 12 February 2014 - 04:51 AM.

Some people are near to kill them but others survive...

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:40 AM Edited by Werebot85, 12 February 2014 - 05:53 AM.

We've never been burgled before. And we currently have a very nifty high tech alarm system, 3 panic buttons, all windows and doors leading outside are burglar proof, electric fencing around the perimeter, motion detecting lights outside, there are security guards at the entrance, no one gets in without permission, cctv cameras all over the place, plus 24-hour armed response by a security company patrolling this entire area. I live in a secured gated townhouse complex btw; it's basically like a small neighbourhood with a wall around it. It's almost as if we are living in a high security prison, but to keep anyone from entering instead of escaping. Welcome to S.Africa :)

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

A collection of 34 books written by the authors that my late grandfather had collected over the time, and few important letters he wrote to the authors sharing his input. (also, few other valuable items, but nothing to worry about) got stolen 2 years back when my family went away for a two day trip for a function. We even lodged a complaint, but to this day, nothing has been recovered. My family, especially my father got distraught to find grandpa's collection has been stolen, had a lot of memories of his childhood attached to it. Well, nothing much we could do, feel really angry at the loss.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:15 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 12 February 2014 - 06:18 AM.

Just realized they stole my favourite tablet (Toshiba Thrive).. That one really pisses me off.  Now doing some things that may lead to the recovery of these items.... I just need them to turn the machines on once and connect to the internet.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

Once, back in 2006. They got in through the sliding door and took 2 TVs, my SNES and N64 and all of the games, my brother's laptop and a lot of my mother's jewelry. We reported it to the police and they managed to catch one of the burglars after they sold my bro's laptop to a pawn shop. My brother had written down the serial number of the laptop after police at his university encouraged that in case of dorm thefts. Lo and behold it saved our asses and we managed to get back the laptop, some of the jewelry, and one of the TVs.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

Thankfully, I have not been a victim of such. Years ago, the neighbor at the time, did attempt to break in through the front door with a screwdriver. I was in bed, but luckily my dad pulled into the driveway at that exact moment, and caught him running away. He also stole oil from the oil barrel.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Hence why you always carry a baseball bat or a firearm. I mean.. you don't have to shoot them. It would be pretty intimidating and scary for the burglar. I remember when someone tried to break into my old house. The patio doors at the front were extremely protected and nothing could break the glass.  :lol: 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Yep. Took the iPad.

To me, the ugly feeling is the thought that a stranger was in your house while you were sleeping, and probably contemplated killing you. Sends chills to your spine.
  • RAS_ZeroZ likes this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 12 February 2014 - 01:31 PM.

Yeah, this recently happened to me.

Thing is, the robbers were so quick, it's unbelievable. I slept at about 2 a.m and then when I woke up at 5 a.m, because I was thirsty, I noticed that everything was gone. 

My 4 HD TVs, my awesome Nintendo 64 which I owned ever since it was first released, my Wii, PS3,  Acer Laptop, Ipad and Iphone, all gone. I informed the cops, but so far, they only found out the robber's name from the fingerprints. 

The only things they left was the PC and 3DS. Fu*k 'em. I was so devastated.

But, I learned to move on........ Life doesn't stop from a bunch of assholes like them. I move on and live my life which is a Life in Colour. :)

You may say that I'm very delusional and optimistic, but truth is, I am truly like that. I don't mind it when people say that. I guess I'm Roman from GTA IV. Yeah, be happy, SOL, I'm like the real-life Roman. Except one that doesn't care about Tits and such. 

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, this recently happened to me.

Thing is, the robbers were so quick, it's unbelievable. I slept at about 2 a.m and then when I woke up at 5 a.m, because I was thirsty, I noticed that everything was gone. 

You slept through a burglary? They probably booted the front door in and you didn't hear that too? lol.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Yeah, I didn't because the A.C was on in my bedroom and it's so god damned loud that I couldn't hear anything that was happening outside of the room. 

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

You slept through a burglary? They probably booted the front door in and you didn't hear that too? lol.

This happened to one of my uncles about 10 years ago.   The thieves took a handgun that he had laying on a nightstand next to his bed while he was sleeping. That little incident made him a dog owner overnight.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Bummer man, that sucks. Hope you had renter's insurance.

Not my home, but I've had somebody bust out my car window in the middle of winter because I left an empty iPod case sitting on the console. Bonehead move on my part.

I've had some thieving from my former shared studio space with a largish group of people, but that was mostly supplies and sh*t that can be easily replaced. (still sucked though, and I never found out who). I now have a studio space all to myself though, which is nice.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Booby traps, moon.

Pikes, saran wrap doorways.. all that sh*t. Hell, throw in the claymores if you must.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

I had my room burglarized when I was in junior high. Turns out it was my best friend(at the time) who did it. Good news is I got most of my stuff back.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

My dad died tonight so I probably won't be playing GTA at all for a while.. need a break. He was my best friend and will miss drinking with him over a game of football.

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

My dad died tonight so I probably won't be playing GTA at all for a while.. need a break. He was my best friend and will miss drinking with him over a game of football.

Jesus Christ, RAS, I'm sorry. You're just having sh*t luck lately. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:47 AM

Having a house alarm that alerts me and the cops when something happens, I don't really worry about that as much. But I have gotten more suspicious because somebody rang my door at night and when I looked outside, nobody nor anything was there.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:47 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 13 February 2014 - 07:07 AM.

Jesus Christ, RAS, I'm sorry. You're just having sh*t luck lately.

Thanks for the words.. the last few days have been pretty tough.  My mom is an emotional mess right now, as expected.. they were married for 47 years.  I think I'll be installing an alarm system in both my house and hers... hate the idea of her being alone.   One of the cops that was at the house yesterday told me the neighbourhood we live in is getting hit hard by thieves.  Very stressful times.

quoting myself,

My mom is an emotional mess right now, as expected.

I'm in the same place..  trying to make sense of this... and all I'm feeling is a deep hurt.   I wish he could have lived a thousand years.

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:03 AM Edited by RAS_ZeroZ, 13 February 2014 - 07:03 AM.

I've also been thinking tonight that I should install some sort of webcam surveillance that capture images when movement is detected and upload them to a server outside of the residence.   I really really want to see the faces of the trolling scrubs that broke into my house and paste them all over the local sites.  I remember using a linux tool years ago that would capture images when movement was detected.. but I forget the name.    Will be looking into this very soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users