Quantcast

» «
Photo

For those of you who don't like killing in freeroam...

73 replies to this topic
N7 Colonel Dre
  • N7 Colonel Dre

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

The only thing that pisses me off about the freeroam killings is that they are 99% unprovoked. And most of the time when I'm trying to do something.

• darkwar854 and EvilAg3nt like this

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:47 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 12 February 2014 - 06:49 AM.

I think a bit of a misconception goes on about the whole hate for killing in free roam.

I think its more we hate people who do NOTHING but kill in free roam 24/7 (give away is 0 job points), I despise people like that. (Its extremely easy to hate them as well since they usually are talking trash and throwing racial slurs around in game chat and its usually incorrect racial slurs at that, oh and believe me they get massive egos if they go uncontested in a session)

I personally drive around and honk the horn for ppl to get in and be nice and if you shoot me I unleash hell upon you and if you bring friends into our fight because you get butthurt that I don't rage quit  I get mine in the session.  :lol:

I'm extremely stubborn, if tanks are brought out I'll teleport out towards the military base with my friends and we'll all one by one bring our tanks out and one guy'll get a Lazer, you get the picture,

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:49 AM

If the player(s) hasn't provoked me then we 'll just start doing taunt actions for sh*ts and giggles then hope in my car/their car and go for a little joyride around the map stopping at certain interesting points of the map and just generally having a good time, but this rarely happens though

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:18 AM Edited by madmanaz, 12 February 2014 - 07:39 AM.

I've started buzzing people with my Sister. Hold A/X to dump toxic pesticides on them and in the long term the character will die of a painful brain tumor.

Edit:
My phone auto corrected Duster to sister. I'm leaving it. Makes the story better...
  • Admz, darkwar854, JayDM420 and 3 others like this

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

Usually my friends and I keep it friendly until someone gets creative or someone catches a bounty. Makes it more interesting.

TeammateAssist
  • TeammateAssist

Obey CEO

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:51 AM

Not much answered the question huh?

Anyway, you know what I do. I talk about my streak all the time. Impromptu races.

Fixed (checkpoint) races are for peeps who don't know jack about shortcuts.

Undefeated impromptu race champ, baby. #1.

Yes, I'll keep racing you, again and again, different waypoints, until I find someone else worth beating or a buddy sends me a mission invite.
  • JayDM420 likes this

Joe89NUFC
  • Joe89NUFC

NUFC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:00 PM

go to car meets, do some street racing, take pictures, play sports,  go hunting for trolls annoying others and gang up on them

there is more to gta online than just kill kill kill 

• darkwar854 and SwingingSpidey like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

whenever i meet another player online

I pee a little

• SwingingSpidey likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

I use the PJ method when attacked unprovoked...

Passive
Jerk it
  • SwingingSpidey likes this

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:52 PM Edited by DeathByGenocide, 12 February 2014 - 12:53 PM.

guess the census is if you're not killing most of the fun is revolved around cars/bikes, i'm not a car guy, no appreciation for them at all, i'll stick to killing anyone not in my crew.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

I fly around the city and hunt bounties, crates, or spawn campers.  Or very high level players who obviously glitched their rank.  <- that doesn't always work out so well, but most of the time it does.

Or I get a Lazer, then a 5-star wanted level, and evade it.  Because I want that platinum award and I still have a long way to go.

Or rob stores.

Or rob armored trucks.

Or sell cars to LSC and Simeon.

Or learn a new route through the city.

Or rampage on the beach, killing NPCs.

Or attempt crazy stunts on a bike.

Or try to get a big bounty on my head by jacking cars then running with it.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:29 PM Edited by codename_duchess, 12 February 2014 - 01:29 PM.

Usually find that most players in FR have alterior motives when approaching, so my view is ....

dont-keep-calm.jpg

SteveKeith
  • SteveKeith

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

I just bounty hunt in my Buzzard, if there's no bounties, new session time

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

What exactly do you guys do with other players when you meet up with them?

I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy interacting and cooperating with other players, but there is a time and place for that, in the job section. 

Same goes or pvp.. Theres a time and place for that too, its called death match.

PVP in free roam is a waste of time, waste of ammo and a waste of money.  For both sides...

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Vooodu, on 12 Feb 2014 - 2:43 PM, said:

Jack Reacher, on 12 Feb 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy interacting and cooperating with other players, but there is a time and place for that, in the job section. 

Same goes or pvp.. Theres a time and place for that too, its called death match.

PVP in free roam is a waste of time, waste of ammo and a waste of money.  For both sides...

free roam is exactly about what the name implies

being free to do whatever the hell you want

it's not about making money, being friendly or anything other than what you want it to be about

how people can not seem to grasp this simple concept is beyond me

it's pretty much the USP of every GTA game ever made

• codename_duchess likes this

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

PVP in free roam is a waste of time

Not really. Just because you aren't constantly leveling up or making money doesn't make it a waste of time. Just the other day, me and a friend took on a crew of 5. Didn't lvl up or make money but it was more fun than the vast majority of jobs and deathmatches.

JohnWeazel
  • JohnWeazel

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

We play the game how we want to.

if you want to just KILL KILL KILL all the time, there's also a place for that in the Job section. It's called "Deathmatch".

You're welcome.

• darkwar854, SwingingSpidey and EvilAg3nt like this

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:15 PM

Depends on the player. If they have an interesting car; I'll drive up, revv the engine and honk the horn. Generally make myself known to have no intention of attacking unless they do, which they usually don't these days. Even without firing the first shot, I rarely lose these encounters.

Elsewise I'll just blaze right past them.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Vooodu, on 12 Feb 2014 - 2:43 PM, said:

Jack Reacher, on 12 Feb 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

it's not about making money, being friendly or anything other than what you want it to be about

Ya, you're free to do what ever you want.  It stills make no sense to go around killing players or NPCS for no reason.    Thats not how i play gta and it will never be how i play.. I do my pvp in pvp game modes.

In free roam.. I troll and grief players that attack me or others for no reason. 

• darkwar854 likes this

Lay
  • Lay

ToothpickShaker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Yeah but in deathmatches they can't kill people unprovoked.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

This is pretty much it.

In Free Roam its all about killing players not paying attention.. Simply trolling or griefing.

No one wants to pvp.. They want easy kills and lulz..    

Last night i got attacked by some random guy.  So i ran him over,, spawn killed him a few times.  The he says "Pussy, get out of the car".

Now WTF?  Get out of my car?....lol

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

I enjoy listening to all your banter in FM...while I am selling cars and robbing stores in between survivals...at least one person complains about being broke.
  • Lay likes this

baconbosssauce
  • baconbosssauce

Boss Sauce all up on yo PV

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

I fart into the mic

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

Then enjoy your hundreds.

virmonk
  • virmonk

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

This is pretty much it.

In Free Roam its all about killing players not paying attention.. Simply trolling or griefing.

No one wants to pvp.. They want easy kills and lulz..    

Last night i got attacked by some random guy.  So i ran him over,, spawn killed him a few times.  The he says "Pussy, get out of the car".

Now WTF?  Get out of my car?....lol

Freemode is filled with trolls I agree with you there. But its not all trolls and not everyone wants easy kills. I actually like gunfights in freemode better than in deathmatch. deathmatches confine everything and is straight forward. In freemode you always need to watch your back and your radar. if you can think ahead of a situation and respond you are rewarded usually.

I also don't usually start a fight. JUst drive around enough and usually action will find you. Sometimes you can save people from griefers and get caught up in battles more vast than a deathmatch.

If I have things to do and don't want trouble I just go to invite only.
  • iBUCKEYE likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by I.haigh, 12 February 2014 - 04:01 PM.

If I'm having some drinks and playing I tend to f*ck around a lot, being friendly and then throwing sticky bombs, holding grenades until they explode next to people, hop in a titan with a friendly and immediately crash it moments after take off and then act like it was an accident, run people over and say sorry, then wait for them to get up and run them over again. I'm an asshole when I drink.

When I'm sober I don't interact with randoms, well I shoot them, not sure if that's counted as interaction.

EDIT: Scratch that, just realized I'm an asshole all the time.

• EvilAg3nt likes this

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

I just see if I can hop into their vehicle. If I can, we usually go on a joy ride and shoot up other people.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 12 February 2014 - 04:05 PM.

Vooodu, on 12 Feb 2014 - 3:15 PM, said:Vooodu, on 12 Feb 2014 - 3:15 PM, said:

Zwenkwiel, on 12 Feb 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:Zwenkwiel, on 12 Feb 2014 - 2:52 PM, said:

Vooodu, on 12 Feb 2014 - 2:43 PM, said:Vooodu, on 12 Feb 2014 - 2:43 PM, said:Vooodu, on 12 Feb 2014 - 2:43 PM, said:

Jack Reacher, on 12 Feb 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:Jack Reacher, on 12 Feb 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:Jack Reacher, on 12 Feb 2014 - 02:52 AM, said:

Ya, you're free to do what ever you want.  It stills make no sense to go around killing players or NPCS for no reason.    Thats not how i play gta and it will never be how i play.. I do my pvp in pvp game modes.

In free roam.. I troll and grief players that attack me or others for no reason. 

it doesn't have to make sense that's the beauty of it all

f*ck scores, fair play or even winning, in gta free roam it's all about having fun doing whatever

no reason, motivation or logic needed

I must say I don't understand a lot of the playstyles I encounter in free roam though

some of them are really lame and boring but if that's their idea of fun, so be it

live and let live, or grief and let grief I geuss

whatever floats your boat XD

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

I also don't usually start a fight. JUst drive around enough and usually action will find you. Sometimes you can save people from griefers and get caught up in battles more vast than a deathmatch.

Me too.. Problem is its just player killing and not actual pvp.

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Impromtu races, stunt jumps, stunt planes, para-gliding through cracks on Mt Chillad, bmx through the city hitting rails and stair cases.

Whatever floats yer boat.

But I do like killing as well. I just don't ONLY do PVP in free-roam. I only kill if killed. And I'm assuming that probably goes for everybody who you claim "doesn't like killing"

Its not that we don't like killing. Its just not the ONLY thing to do in free-roam like 90% of the trolls on this particular forum claIm.

• EvilAg3nt likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users