Photo

Write a gaming "resumé"

18 replies to this topic
WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:17 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 12 February 2014 - 05:55 AM.

I didn't even search for this now because I'm hardcore.

Now, how this works:

You're being employed by a magical random hobo and he wants to see what you have achieved in games.

This means your titles, game completions, Multiplayer levels and/or unlocks, high scores etc.

If you complete a game or achieve something in a game, you can update your post if you hadn't achieved it when you were posting your "CV".

Basically what you remember having achieved in your entire gaming career.

It doesn't need to be formal, a mere list will suffice. If you want to, you can tell the game you are referring to. You can post things such as titles given to you in the start of the game (for example, Dragonborn in Skyrim), but that's dull.

In completions/achievements, you can post a fitting description to the completion/achievement you have done if you want.

In that case, put a spoiler tag in there. If you simply want to post "Completed game X" for example, you don't need to put a spoiler.

I shall post an example. I won't post things given to me in the start of the game.

Things put in spoilers are the ending or crucial plot details related to the game.

The name below the spoiler is the name of the game referred to in the spoiler itself.

Alright then.

Titles:

• Thane of Whiterun (Skyrim)
  • Thane of Solitude (Skyrim)
  • Thane of Riften (Skyrim)
  • Thane of Windhelm (Skyrim)
  • Arch Mage of Skyrim
  • Spoiler
    (Saints Row 4)
  • Spoiler
    (Tekken 5-6)

Completions/achievements:

• Spoiler
    (GTA V)
  • Found all Stunt Jumps in GTA V
  • Spoiler
    (DmC: Devil May Cry)
  • Spoiler
    (The Force Unleashed - Evil Ending)
  • Spoiler
    (The Force Unleashed - Good Ending)
  • Spoiler
    (The Force Unleashed II - Evil Ending)
  • Spoiler
    (The Force Unleashed II - Good Ending)
  • Spoiler
    (The Last of Us)
  • Single-player completion in all difficulty levels in The Last of Us (Easy, Easy+ ... Survivor+)
  • Found and listened to all the Optional Conversations in The Last of Us
  • Spoiler
    (Uncharted 3)
  • Spoiler
    (inFamous 2 - Good Ending)
  • Spoiler
    (inFamous 2 - Evil Ending)
  • Spoiler
    (BioShock 2 - Neutral Ending (?))
  • Spoiler
    (Far Cry 3 - Good Ending)
  • Spoiler
    (Far Cry 3 - Bad Ending)
  • Spoiler
    (Dishonored - High Chaos ending)
  • Spoiler
    (Dishonored - Low Chaos ending)
  • Spoiler
    (Serious Sam: The First Encounter)
  • Spoiler
    (Serious Sam: The Second Encounter)
  • Spoiler
    (Serious Sam 2)
  • Spoiler
    (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
  • Flappy Bird High Score - 30 :p
  • Fruit Ninja Arcade Mode High Score - 1050-ish
  • Managed to get myself in a +1 Kill/Death Ratio in League of Legends for the first time... against bots.
  • Round 45 in Kino der Toten in CoD: Black Ops Zombies

This list will be improved upon later on. As of now, these are what I remember.

What are yours?

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:59 PM Edited by RedDaggerXL, 12 February 2014 - 05:00 PM.

Hm. Nice idea, but I'm gonna do a little different to make it more interesting (both me and reader), like the kind of stuff that's better than completing a game/side quest.

PayDay 2: Framing frame. Full stealth. Solo. 

Battlefield 3: Conquest metro, 1000 tickets, 18 player server. My team is on 130, enemy is on 940; decide I would very much like to win. Single-handedly, as a medic assault, won the game for my team - without it being a close call. This game was 72 minutes long. 22k points, MVP. Heck yeah.

Halo Reach: Won two rounds in a single infected game as the survivor, solo each time. No camping. Hooboy. 

Dishonored: Won full stealth (never alerting anyone), never buying any powers, never upgrading anything, never killing anyone. All of these are achievements, so why not? So much gamerscore, so much fun. 

MW2: The pit 20.5s on xbox. Kinda meh compared to the world record of 15.8 set by the amazing klooger, but hey. Also 1000G, if that matters.

• WinterEdit likes this

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:44 PM Edited by Boxman108, 11 February 2014 - 05:45 PM.

I won't list every game I've finished or every actual achievement/trophy but just realy peculiar stuff that I feel are worthy.

Legend of Zelda - Finished with just one death done on purpose
Zelda 2: Adventure of Link - Almost made it to the last palace and gave up
Kirby 64 - Got every shard...not a big deal now but was when I was a kid
Super Mario 64 - Did the endless staircase glitch
Zelda: Majora's Mask - Got every mask. Defending the ranch from aliens is always nerve wrecking. Also have done the fourth day glitch
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - 100%ed
Zelda: Wind Waker - 100%ed as well as a 3 heart run
Zelda: Twilight Princess - 100%, and did a 3 heart/wooden sword/shieldless run. Wooden sword glitch was a pain in the ass
Metroid Prime Trilogy - 100% all three games
Okami - Skipped the second Blockhead
Super Mario Galaxy - Got every single star twice
Zelda: Skyward Sword - 6 heart Hero mode run
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Got pretty much every camo and item and weapon, etc.
MGS: Peace Walker - Completed every mission with A rank
Halo 3 - Vidmaster challenge on last mission
Halo Reach - Got one perfection
Nier - Completed all sidequests and got all endings
Deadly Premonition - 100%ed
Killer is Dead - Got just about everything except the 1mil suit and the AAA on all missions achievement...I hate Scarlette
Fallout: New Vegas - Got past the Deathclaws in the quarry early on
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts - Built a walking mech, transformer, ODST drop pod, Kabuki man head, etc.
Shadow Complex - 100%ed

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:00 PM Edited by Lazyboy., 11 February 2014 - 06:01 PM.

Pretty much the best racer in the GTAF IV-MP scene I guess.

I also had a level on the front page in LBP. Twice. And then another on the second page which is still pretty good.

Not much but I got all the carbon cars and platinum paint in Burnout Paradise fairly early on.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:38 PM Edited by Fireman, 11 February 2014 - 08:53 PM.

Millenium Racer World Record holder:

Most chainsaw kills worldwide on Soldat (both realistic and normal mode), including the most amount of multi kills, multi kills x2, serial and insane kills, with a chainsaw.

One of the highest FIFA 13 starting 11 (career mode), averaging a 94 OVR. Also had a 97 GK and 97 LW,

Releasing the first map mod that adds something to San Andreas, which isn't a texturechange (atleast on GTAGarage: http://www.gtagarage...te&Dir=ASC&st=0). Ocram's Island was released a day or two later afaik.

I love numbers and I'm a real f*cking statwhore (not as in; I want the highest K/D, but as in, most kills, most something, best time in something).

Lacuna
  • Lacuna

Have you read the manual for this thing?

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:06 PM Edited by Lacuna, 11 February 2014 - 08:07 PM.

I completed a Secret of Mana saved game fourteen years after I started. I wonder if that's the longest time anyones ever taken to finish a game...

Other than that, nothing too spectacular. 100% on GTA IV, San Andreas, Vice City, RDR, tolerated Driv3r long enough to finish it, beat a guy from work on Gran Turismo 5 using a Suzuki Alto Works against his F1 car (though I don't think he had ever played a videogame before). 

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

7 headshots 1clip 5 seconds desert eagle world champion counter strike.

45/0 k/d on UT3 online ( no bots )

i can go on but then all other stories seem embarresing.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

(Unofficially) In the world's top ten high scores for arcade Donkey Kong. Some day I will make it official.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:57 AM

Pfft, f*ck, I dunno off the top of my head.

I am pretty proud of the fact I managed to beat Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising on Hardcore by myself (no checkpoints or respawns) As well as beating it in the glitchy as f*ck co-op, which didn't allow the 2nd player (me) to pick up enemy weapons, get weapons out of boxes, allow me to kill anyone half the time, or blow up tanks at all. 12 hours straight it took to beat the last level in co-op.

1100 Hours logged on Battlefield 2.

Mile High club on Cod4 beat in around 15 minutes with no stress. (Still don't know why it is considered hard)

Almost all my games being completed 1000/1000 having around a 89-90% completion ratio. (only f*cked by DLC I never buy)

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:59 AM Edited by Misbegotten cad, 12 February 2014 - 09:01 AM.

CV:

I've been gaming for 35 years, since I was given my first Game&Watch by my godmother.

I've played pretty much everything, on pretty much every platform.

I prefer consoles, but ten years spend as PC gamer did teach me thing or two about technology and PC building.

I can be employed as a game tester, because of my extensive backround knowledge of games.

I can also be a part of a development team, because I already know every game idea in the universe, and thus can tell the young pups whether their idea is really fresh or just a rehash of something that was out thirty years ago on C64.

I shall not list my game accomplishments here for they are too many to count. Let us just say that I was completing games before most of you were even born.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:19 AM

Diddy Kong Racing- slaughtered all the bosses.

Mario- Finished 1 & 3

Assassins creed 2- Completed everything except the feathers.

Pretty much the best racer in the GTAF IV-MP scene I guess.

I could beat you.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

But not consistently.

hornedturtle
  • hornedturtle

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

Got all 150 pokemon to level 100 in pokemon red (no rare candies, just unlimited master balls)
Beat super mario bros 3 without using a whistle
Beat bad fur day, halo, prey and a few others without dying
almost beat gta liberty city without dying. Forgot to get a rocket launcher to kill the helicopter on the last mission :(
Ummm...yeah....I don't need to the game to tell me I've achieved something because generally they are way to easy to achieve and are just time consuming.

@op...by the looks of your list, are you new to gaming? Welcome aboard :)

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:11 AM

But not consistently.

I could beat you every time

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

But not consistently.

I could beat you every time

Guess it's a shame you never took part in the MP section and beat me, then. :)

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Got all 150 pokemon to level 100 in pokemon red (no rare candies, just unlimited master balls)
Beat super mario bros 3 without using a whistle
Beat bad fur day, halo, prey and a few others without dying
almost beat gta liberty city without dying. Forgot to get a rocket launcher to kill the helicopter on the last mission :(
Ummm...yeah....I don't need to the game to tell me I've achieved something because generally they are way to easy to achieve and are just time consuming.

@op...by the looks of your list, are you new to gaming? Welcome aboard :)

Well yeah. First console was PS2 and first game I played was a PlayStation game (a Mickey Mouse game) which I played on PS2. Although later on I got to play Quake which is the oldest game I have played.

So yes, I am quite new indeed. I haven't played e.g. Zelda, Mario or any of the 'classics'. :)

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

This are not really that interesting.

Far Cry 3 - Finished story two times, unlocked all tattoos and unlocked all outposts.
Grand Theft Auto IV - Finished story in under 20 hours and did all Brucie's side missions.
Grand Theft Auto IV: TLaD and TBoGT - Finished both stories two times each.
Grand Theft Auto V - Finished story four times, three of them in under 15 hours.
Call of Duty Classic - Finished story two times and got all achievements except one.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:34 PM Edited by Fireman, 12 February 2014 - 07:52 PM.

Spoiler

Some Soldat proof. 'Cause you all gotta have proof right. Besides no one will hire you if your resume is fake. Entire enemy team killed (except for one) and flag grabbed, no afk's neither.

I just hope no one from LRS goes here, because they'll know who I am :x

• WinterEdit likes this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:30 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 13 February 2014 - 01:53 AM.

i like thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users