Photo

3ds Max Problem.

4 replies to this topic
FamousLV
  • FamousLV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Hello. So yesterday, i've started using a programm called "Autodesk 3ds Max" where you can create ped animations and anything else. I'm only learning and i have one problem, which i can't fix, so maybe someone of you who had have experience with this program, please response!

The main problem is, i can't drag the textures for the dff. skin, overall it's white, because it doesnt have a textures, like colored jeans or jacket whatever. I tryed that easy way just to select the png file of the skin and drag it to that skin, but i can't for some reason.. I've watched also many videos,but they could drag the png textures to the skin.

Here's the pic http://i.imgur.com/4YdfaZh.png

Please help, because i really want to know what's the problem.

P.S. Sorry if i posted this in the wrong section. 

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Been ages since I've used Max, but it looks like textures aren't enabled in your viewfinder.

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

You are doing this, correct?
IXULq.jpg

Bad.boy!
  • Bad.boy!

SA modder

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:35 PM Edited by Bad.boy!, 11 February 2014 - 04:37 PM.

I haven't done animation modding for a long time, but I vaguely remember that you should put the .dff and .txd of a model in the same directory and then import the .dff into 3ds max. The texture should be loaded then as well

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:25 PM Edited by johnny_zoo, 11 February 2014 - 06:25 PM.

Pretty sure the texture must be loaded into the material editor first. Before you can drag the mat onto the model that is...

Is the texture in UVW form?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users