Photo

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

844 replies to this topic
HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:16 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 10 June 2014 - 07:16 AM.

So, thoughts after the E3 reveal?

I'm pretty disappointed. I expected CoD. I knew we were going to get CoD, but I did want them to spice it up. I wanted more running, jumping, jetpacks, gadgets, that sort of stuff. I wanted them to truly use the futuristic, sci-fi setting and come up with some crazy ideas. But what we got was literally Black Ops II all over again. I really didn't see any difference. This really didn't look like the most innovative and ambitious CoD since MW2.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'm a big COD fan, I make no secret about that (nor should I)

But this DID NOT look good. There was literally nothing in the trailer or gameplay to excite me. Same washed up sh*t, same cheesy cut scenes. Looked more like a beefed up "next gen" version of Black Ops 2 than anything else. Very disappointed.

I don't see the point in having 3 companies making Call Of Duty, when 2 of the 3 are basically doing the same f*cking game. Black Ops 3 literally HAS to take it back in time, not forward. There is no way Black Ops can continue with the futuristic sh*t now.

• Carmen! likes this

tuareg
  • tuareg

deus vult when

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

Pros: It actually looks like a different game for once. It seems like a step up from the same crap they've been feeding people for years. Crazy.

Cons: MP will be filled with bs and the campaign will be like 5 hours long. Damn shame because i'm a huge sucker for movies like elysium and future tech/mech suits in general. 

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Cons: MP will be filled with bs and the campaign will be like 5 hours long. Damn shame because i'm a huge sucker for movies like elysium and future tech/mech suits in general. 

We can't be sure before the game get's released, but I guess it will be short. A shame indeed, i used to love the COD storylines, 

but I understand why they are doing this. Most of the people who are playing these games, will go online before even looking at storyline.

It's not only COD, but on a lot of games...

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

How did we go from this:

800px-Call_of_Duty_1.jpg

To this:

Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare.jpg

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

hopefully it feels like something different instead of more of the same. 

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

How did we go from this:

<SNIP>

To this:

<SNIP>

The same way GTA went from a 2D to 3D. Everything evolves over time.

Although not always for the better.

• Davo the Assassin likes this

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

tREEEEEE!!!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Unfunniest Member 2013
    Unfunniest Member 2012

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by stu, 12 June 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Personally I wish they'd calm down a bit and stick with the modern era, or even go back in time. I don't like the futuristic sci-fi style at all. Mech suits and all this sh*t is just too much. I used to enjoy both the multiplayer and the story, but I haven't really played the campaign since Black Ops 1. I tried to play the campaign for MW3 but stopped after a few missions, and I haven't bothered with any campaign since then.

They try way too hard to focus on big explosions and massive set pieces, instead of the actual story. It all just seems too unrealistic and too far fetched and I can't engage with it at all. They'd rather shove as much sh*t in your face as possible, and they go for increasingly more extravagant and over the top stuff. It's ridiculous. The series just doesn't feel grounded at all any more. The actual story or narrative isn't important, it's all about getting a big crash or a collapsing building or a huge explosion on front of your eyes for as long as possible it seems. There's no nuance or subtlety.

It's the same with the multiplayer as well. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but the COD4 multiplayer is still the best for me. The layout of the maps and the balancing of the game is far superior to anything else. It was just 3 simple killstreak rewards, and they weren't overpowered. I hate all these bullsh*t new things they've introduced like flying remote controlled missile firing robots. More isn't always better.

I just feel like they've taken the series too far from what made it great and they've completely abandoned these principles. It just feels so shallow now. 

• Failure, LittleBlueTroll and KilnerLUFC like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

the game in a nutshell

Leroy Jethro Gibbs
  • Leroy Jethro Gibbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Capture the Flag returns:

Spoiler

• Chris Fromage likes this

ty199900
  • ty199900

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

Call of Duty is a real bad game in comparison to some of those good games out there. I mean, energy powered weapons? no ammo, just overheat? they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for new ideas to make bad games.

elhazardvalve4738
  • elhazardvalve4738

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Meh, nothing I've seen so far of this game really interests me. 

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

Meh, nothing I've seen so far of this game really interests me. 

..not even the new fire effects ?

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:30 PM Edited by hvcciookay, 03 July 2014 - 12:38 PM.

I can't be the only one who sees cryengine textutes / similarities.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

I'm pretty disappointed. I expected CoD. I knew we were going to get CoD, but I did want them to spice it up. I wanted more running, jumping, jetpacks, gadgets, that sort of stuff. I wanted them to truly use the futuristic, sci-fi setting and come up with some crazy ideas.

That's why we have Destiny.

• SemperJ550 likes this

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

Looks good imo.

FAKE_JOEL
  • FAKE_JOEL

YourDaddyHomie

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Looks good imo.

Arrrrrrrr Tsunamis Kill arrrrrrrrrr

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

God, until they go back to World War 2 or some kind of Vietnam theme I'm not buying another COD. Until then, I feel they're just going to keep missing the point. If this is what the masterpiece Modern Warfare has led to I almost wish they never created that game at all!

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

What is this jumping jetpack bullsh*t?

• KilnerLUFC likes this

rome7
  • rome7

King

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:42 AM

multiplayer looks fun 

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

Looks like a clusterf*ck of halo, battlefield, crysis, titanfall and a subtle hint of ghost recon future soldier.
  • Alchemist likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:44 AM

One thing that really annoyed me about this, was the game seems to be completely tailored to the new "exoskeleton" suit. Everything from the maps, create a class, killstreaks and perks are primarily based around the suit. I can't help but feel the rest of the game was somewhat of an after thought. 

On the Tsunami map, you have to tailor the suit to avoid the Tsunami otherwise it will kill you. What kind of bullsh*t is that?!! 

I really hope they have put a decent amount of time in to weapon feel and handling, as well as design. The AK12 looked like it was a direct rip from COD Ghosts, which was really disappointing. And with all the jumping and flying around the map, the hit detection literally needs to be f*cking precise, otherwise it will be an incredibly tedious experience. 

I'm not one for futuristic FPS games, and I am incredibly sceptical about this. I really hope one day, Infinity Ward release a remastered edition of the Modern Warfare series. So I can happily play that for the rest of my life. 

• Failure likes this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

Yeah, usually games that release trailers and gameplays closer to a release intend to improve .. this is just making this game seem worse and worse the more info they release.

COD 4 Remastered with larger maps, updated weapons.. I'd be more than happy to dive back into the CoD realm.. but this AW sh*t.. nah man.. ice skating around with plasma photon anti-matter rifles and kangahalo jetpacks and all.. yeah.. no thanks.

• Failure likes this

tuareg
  • tuareg

deus vult when

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

Looks like fun! 

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

I actually quite liked the look of that, if only because it looks different from previous games by a fair amount. As always though, the sounds leave a lot to be desired.

Still, I find the likes of CoD4 and MW2 fun (as opposed to MW3 and BO2) even though they're fairly old - even though I think of this change as a good thing, I'd actually buy one if they went back to the style of the older games.

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

Honestly this looks like it could be one of the better games in the series. It is just a trailer though, I think I'll do a bit of waiting to see what people say before I try it out.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

Don't be fooled by those trailers. They make it look so awesome with the music timing with the gameplay. The MP does look different but, No zombies. No Treyarch. No COD for me.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

I really hope one day, Infinity Ward release a remastered edition of the Modern Warfare series. So I can happily play that for the rest of my life. 

Exactly the reason I only tend to play MW2 these days. Ghosts was fun at first, but it sowly lost it's appeal to me.

Tuned into the GamesCom reveal hoping to see some great MP footage since I'm a massive sucker for the MP in CoD...massively dissapointed, and that's an understatement. As said above, it seems to be a mixture of absolutely every other FPS game out there, and that's in a really bad way.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I won't buy the game, 'cos I know I will, as with every other title in the series, but this looks like another one that will be completed on camaign, have a couple of hours gamelay in the MP, and then be shelved for the rest of it's time, as I seem to have done with Ghosts.

As I said, the only CoD mP I play is MW2. It's full of hacked lobbies, OTT Killstreaks and whatnot, but it's the simplicity that does it for me. No fancy tech sh*t, no stupid hovering around the maps etc, just a basic run and gun game. If I want to fly around with my futuristic weapons, I'll play a different series.

Bring on MW4...

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:16 PM

I really hope one day, Infinity Ward release a remastered edition of the Modern Warfare series. So I can happily play that for the rest of my life. 

Bring on MW4...

It pains me to say it, but I think we will be waiting a long ass time for that. 

That's if we ever even get it. 

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Mister Doctor

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:46 PM Edited by SFPD officer, 15 August 2014 - 05:47 PM.

I have mixed feeling from watching the multiplayer footage. On one hand, lots of movement and fast paced gameplay (MP footage delivered in that much more than SP one did). I love all that sliding, double jumps, it's like as if they took jetpack, thruster pack/evade, sprint and jumping from Halo: Reach/4 and enabled them all at the same time. On the other hand? Quick scopes? Yup. 1 hit KO weapons? Of course! Legit "wallhack" aka X-ray vision? It's there too. I guess all these things are staples of CoD nowadays though, so it was foolish of me to expect different. Another thing that sort of rubs me the wrong way is how cluttered and messy the game looks with all those shiny effects and explosions. I felt like watching a Transformers trailer at times.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users