Photo

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

314 replies to this topic
SFPD officer
  • SFPD officer

Protecting citizens of "that other city in San Andreas"

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:16 AM Edited by SFPD officer, 10 June 2014 - 07:16 AM.

So, thoughts after the E3 reveal?

I'm pretty disappointed. I expected CoD. I knew we were going to get CoD, but I did want them to spice it up. I wanted more running, jumping, jetpacks, gadgets, that sort of stuff. I wanted them to truly use the futuristic, sci-fi setting and come up with some crazy ideas. But what we got was literally Black Ops II all over again. I really didn't see any difference. This really didn't look like the most innovative and ambitious CoD since MW2.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

I'm a big COD fan, I make no secret about that (nor should I)

But this DID NOT look good. There was literally nothing in the trailer or gameplay to excite me. Same washed up sh*t, same cheesy cut scenes. Looked more like a beefed up "next gen" version of Black Ops 2 than anything else. Very disappointed.

I don't see the point in having 3 companies making Call Of Duty, when 2 of the 3 are basically doing the same f*cking game. Black Ops 3 literally HAS to take it back in time, not forward. There is no way Black Ops can continue with the futuristic sh*t now.

• Carmen! likes this

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

Pros: It actually looks like a different game for once. It seems like a step up from the same crap they've been feeding people for years. Crazy.

Cons: MP will be filled with bs and the campaign will be like 5 hours long. Damn shame because i'm a huge sucker for movies like elysium and future tech/mech suits in general. 

Chris Fromage
  • Chris Fromage

Homie

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Cons: MP will be filled with bs and the campaign will be like 5 hours long. Damn shame because i'm a huge sucker for movies like elysium and future tech/mech suits in general. 

We can't be sure before the game get's released, but I guess it will be short. A shame indeed, i used to love the COD storylines, 

but I understand why they are doing this. Most of the people who are playing these games, will go online before even looking at storyline.

It's not only COD, but on a lot of games...

Carmen!
  • Carmen!

Just Passing Through..

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

How did we go from this:

800px-Call_of_Duty_1.jpg

To this:

Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare.jpg

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

hopefully it feels like something different instead of more of the same. 

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

How did we go from this:

<SNIP>

To this:

<SNIP>

The same way GTA went from a 2D to 3D. Everything evolves over time.

Although not always for the better.

• Davo the Assassin likes this

stu
  • stu

I drink it up

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • European-Union

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:07 PM Edited by stu, 12 June 2014 - 04:09 PM.

Personally I wish they'd calm down a bit and stick with the modern era, or even go back in time. I don't like the futuristic sci-fi style at all. Mech suits and all this sh*t is just too much. I used to enjoy both the multiplayer and the story, but I haven't really played the campaign since Black Ops 1. I tried to play the campaign for MW3 but stopped after a few missions, and I haven't bothered with any campaign since then.

They try way too hard to focus on big explosions and massive set pieces, instead of the actual story. It all just seems too unrealistic and too far fetched and I can't engage with it at all. They'd rather shove as much sh*t in your face as possible, and they go for increasingly more extravagant and over the top stuff. It's ridiculous. The series just doesn't feel grounded at all any more. The actual story or narrative isn't important, it's all about getting a big crash or a collapsing building or a huge explosion on front of your eyes for as long as possible it seems. There's no nuance or subtlety.

It's the same with the multiplayer as well. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but the COD4 multiplayer is still the best for me. The layout of the maps and the balancing of the game is far superior to anything else. It was just 3 simple killstreak rewards, and they weren't overpowered. I hate all these bullsh*t new things they've introduced like flying remote controlled missile firing robots. More isn't always better.

I just feel like they've taken the series too far from what made it great and they've completely abandoned these principles. It just feels so shallow now. 

• Failure and LittleBlueTroll like this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:16 AM

the game in a nutshell

LuizLopezIV
  • LuizLopezIV

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Capture the Flag returns:

Spoiler

• Chris Fromage likes this

ty199900
  • ty199900

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Call of Duty is a real bad game in comparison to some of those good games out there. I mean, energy powered weapons? no ammo, just overheat? they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for new ideas to make bad games.

elhazardvalve4738
  • elhazardvalve4738

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Meh, nothing I've seen so far of this game really interests me. 

SoftTouch
  • SoftTouch

Lone Wolf

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 weeks ago

Meh, nothing I've seen so far of this game really interests me. 

..not even the new fire effects ?

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by hvcciookay, 2 weeks ago.

I can't be the only one who sees cryengine textutes / similarities.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm pretty disappointed. I expected CoD. I knew we were going to get CoD, but I did want them to spice it up. I wanted more running, jumping, jetpacks, gadgets, that sort of stuff. I wanted them to truly use the futuristic, sci-fi setting and come up with some crazy ideas.

That's why we have Destiny.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users