53 replies to this topic
Mikeol1987
  • Mikeol1987

GTAF Rep

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Harryhenry:

Your grammar is giving me nightmares, and your spelling is atrocious.
You have literally given me a headache from trying to read that P.O.S. post, please concentrate in your English classes (I assume you're still at school, if not - GO TO COLLEGE.)

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

I think most people agree that V is a really good game, it's just the haters who speak the loudest.

Plus, take into consideration the people who's lives are so pathetic that they make 10 different accounts on here just to bash the game. A lot of the GTA V haters on here have an EXTREMELY similar posting style, which is suspicious.

• iainspad likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

No they don't need to get used to the hardware at least for the PS4 because it's x86 architecture which is pretty much the same as the PC architecture. It's going to be even better for PC fans because it will be easier to develop both side by side or port.

For xbox it's harder because of the sh*tty eSRAM.

It's still x86. The ESRAM should be workable by the time GTA 6 goes into development.

TJGM
  • TJGM

James May is the best May!

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Happens with every game in recent years, people just like having something to complain about.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

rockstar themselves said that gta iv was quite hard to make because they had to get used to the hardware, as ps3 was quite new back then when iv was released. Now that there is new next gen hardware, rockstar will also need time  to also get used to that.

The difference is that the PS3 was notoriously nightmarish to develop for. An absolutely brain murdering experience for almost every developer. That's why, up until Max Payne 3 and GTA V, the PS3 version of each Rockstar title ran better on 360. It took them about 80% of the generation to play catch up. 

But this time, Sony learned from the experience and gave the PS4 a much more friendlier-to-work-with architecture, which makes the process very similar to developing for a PC (which every company knows inside out). Providing the One is also easy to develop for (I don't know much about this, I haven't really looked into it), things shouldn't be so difficult for developers this gen. There's always going to be that learning curve, but this time it'll be a lot less steep and I reckon we'll skip the slowness that we had for the first two years of last gen.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

rockstar themselves said that gta iv was quite hard to make because they had to get used to the hardware, as ps3 was quite new back then when iv was released. Now that there is new next gen hardware, rockstar will also need time  to also get used to that.

The difference is that the PS3 was notoriously nightmarish to develop for. An absolutely brain murdering experience for almost every developer. That's why, up until Max Payne 3 and GTA V, the PS3 version of each Rockstar title ran better on 360. It took them about 80% of the generation to play catch up. 

But this time, Sony learned from the experience and gave the PS4 a much more friendlier-to-work-with architecture, which makes the process very similar to developing for a PC (which every company knows inside out). Providing the One is also easy to develop for (I don't know much about this, I haven't really looked into it), things shouldn't be so difficult for developers this gen. There's always going to be that learning curve, but this time it'll be a lot less steep and I reckon we'll skip the slowness that we had for the first two years of last gen.

The only thing difficult about the One's development is the ESRAM.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I'm seeing a lot of Xbots repeating that the XBONE is going through the same phase as the PS3, in terms of developers experience trouble on it. No where near is the nightmare, it's just the esram is complicating things. But the Xbots keep justifying why Xbox is inferior.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:26 PM Edited by Zodape, 11 February 2014 - 10:30 PM.

Everyone I know irl loves V. All the I've seen hating on V are only in this forum and all over the internet. As others said, V will be loved when VI is released, but not by the same people. The people who didn't like V will be replaced by the others who won't like VI, because the spotlight will be on the newest GTA, and there you'll get some people that liked V complain about something they don't like in VI, the same way happened when V was released and the same thing when IV was. It's never the same people but it simply keeps happening.

The reason most of these people are only found in the internet is because either they are passionate fans of the franchise who spend their time in the forums, or self entitled brats who also spend their time in the forums.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

So this is why GTA V actually runs better on the PS3 this time around. At least I think it does and I have both versions.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

So this is why GTA V actually runs better on the PS3 this time around. At least I think it does and I have both versions.

I agree. I only own the 360 version, but they seem to have spent more time getting used to the PS3 hardware and managed to take advantage of it better. The two versions basically look identical, but from what I've seen, the PS3 version of V just about edges the competition because it appears to have less of that blurry floor effect prevalent in the 360 version. 

But for their older titles, like GTA IV in particular, it was a completely different story. The PS3 version was an abomination, runs sub-HD at a resolution of 640p which is then scaled up, whereas the 360 version runs at 720p natively. Running them side by side is a really painful experience, the PS3 version is so blurred. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

I agree. I only own the 360 version, but they seem to have spent more time getting used to the PS3 hardware and managed to take advantage of it better. The two versions basically look identical, but from what I've seen, the PS3 version of V just about edges the competition because it appears to have less of that blurry floor effect prevalent in the 360 version. 

But for their older titles, like GTA IV in particular, it was a completely different story. The PS3 version was an abomination, runs sub-HD at a resolution of 640p which is then scaled up, whereas the 360 version runs at 720p natively. Running them side by side is a really painful experience, the PS3 version is so blurred. 

RDR is better on XBox by leaps and bounds. I find that V maintains a better framerate when the action heats up on the PS3. I have had a five star wanted level with all kinds of explosions around me and the game stayed smooth while it slows down on the X Box. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:07 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 11 February 2014 - 11:07 PM.

I'm seeing a lot of Xbots repeating that the XBONE is going through the same phase as the PS3, in terms of developers experience trouble on it. No where near is the nightmare, it's just the esram is complicating things. But the Xbots keep justifying why Xbox is inferior.

Where did that even come from? Lol

Gunslinger_GK
  • Gunslinger_GK

STRR Lieutenant

• Members
  • France

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

It's been several months since the release of GTA V, and the response from the forums to the game are... not positive. (Understatment of the centery right there)

Negativity will always be louder than positivity. Forums used to be a place where fans of the product would go to talk about the fun they have with it and share ideas. Now its a place for people to whine, and thats true for most forums, not just GTA. 

V is a great game. Its extremely entertaining and is right up there with San Andreas as far as longevity is concerned. 

True, anyway you'll always read more people complaining about the game on forums because the people who actually enjoy it will most likely be playin it.

I do love V, even more than IV that i played since 29th April 2008, me and my brother loved IV so much we thought for a long time V could not beat it, and it did. I played it almost every single day since the release.

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

It's been several months since the release of GTA V, and the response from the forums to the game are... not positive. (Understatment of the centery right there) As of this post, this section Is filled with forum threads about how awful the game is, with long and detailed threads picking apart the game's weaknesses. Meanwhile, everyone now LOVES GTA IV and people are now going on and on about how great the game was.

Now, is this a complaint thread ABOUT the complaining? No! Well, sort off... I want you to cast your minds back to 2008... GTA IV came out, and EVERYONE hated it. They hated it for Its story, Its boring city, constant phone calls from friends, and more realistic driving controls. Sound familiar? Just swap out those last two with "No gang wars" and "LESS realistic driving controls." and you've got GTA Vs currect reception.

So, what I predict is that when the next GTA game comes out, which will (most likely) be much smaller than V, fans will probably fall in love with V, and completely ignore the games flaws. What do you guys think? Do you think my theory is correct or not?

Ah you see my friend you made the mistake of generalising which makes your arguments invalid. I loved GTA IV from the start and still do meanwhile I was completely dissapointed in GTA V due to all the the things it missed from GTA IV.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

Its reputation will be "Game that was supposed to be the best game R* has ever made, but it was just ok."

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

Yes, it is inevitable that this is the case. The next gta on next gen won't be as ''vast'' as gta v because of the same reason gta iv was not as vast as ps3 san andreas- rockstar won't be so used to the new hardware of next gen consoles. Thus, people will praise gta v for what it contains that lacks in the next gta. Probably the next gta will not have countryside or lack planes,or some other thing that has no reason to be excluded.

Are you saying rockstar isn't used to pc hardware? (new gen consoles and actual pcs) It's a miracle of skills they pulled this off on last gen hardware. 

R* did say that, but this time the leap from SD to HD isn't a major obstacle like it was then.  

That's true.

coldlm
  • coldlm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:37 AM

The story was great make no mistakes about that , Online just sucks big time 

im only pissed cause R° totally forgot about the story mode and keep releasing patches for glitches online (which after the third patch my game was gone, no missions and just freezes alot i had to start a new game to reach 100%) 

Also im struggling to find anything to do after 100% (hunting for the jet pack,,,,,, there is no big secret if you find it you get the jet pack, R° just  not that smart!

Not complaints here cause I just don't play it any more!

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:15 AM

I think I played GTA IV maybe once or twice when it came out, and a couple times until I got 100% on GTA V mainly because I was waiting to have enough from trading it with my 360 in for an XBOX One. I am still waiting for my PS4.

So I'm certain there will be things.... missed? Or that will forever remain instilled in how gta "should be" (It's a concept everyone thinks that playing the game is like ordering from McDonalds). But with every new game comes new innovation, and that's all I truly look for. I have no complaints with the playthough of GTA V other than the obvious early glitches, disregarding online play entirely. Online is... not worth saving. Time to tone it down a notch....

I hope to see more Red Dead, and less online drama.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

I don't think that the GTA V hate is because it is the lastest GTA, but rather because this generation is a bunch of story whores (if you don't like me saying that, deal with it), GTA V gets all the hate because it's a gameplay focused game (don't believe me? see this post), I can only see GTA V's reputation becoming good if people start caring about gameplay again.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:03 AM Edited by WhatsStrength, 12 February 2014 - 07:08 AM.

It's because no one wants to take the games as individual experiences and would rather see how much better or worse they are compared to the old ones (which is pretty much just San Andreas).

I think it would only be fair to take that angle if the game is a direct follow-up to the previous one (same characters, city, etc.).

@CantThinkOfOne2013

I like the way you think. Maybe not in the sense that you believe people hate V because of its' story, but more because you recognize the growing issue of story vs gameplay in gaming today. The Last of Us is proof that you can have a successful game with routine/safe gameplay if you just tell a good story. 

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

I don't think that the GTA V hate is because it is the lastest GTA, but rather because this generation is a bunch of story whores (if you don't like me saying that, deal with it), GTA V gets all the hate because it's a gameplay focused game (don't believe me? see this post), I can only see GTA V's reputation becoming good if people start caring about gameplay again.

Honestly I think you're becoming just as bad as when redx jams his views about GOTY down everyones' throat. In the GTA IV vs GTA V poll in general series chat GTA V is winning (quite comfortably I might add) in the gameplay category so how can you say people don't care about gameplay anymore?

I don't think you're a bad guy despite some of the differences we've had in the past, but I do believe you have the tendency to overreact just because not everyone loves GTA V in the same way you do.

Most of GTA V's criticisms boils down to it being the newest GTA and an easier target. It'll cool down like it did for GTA IV eventually. Maybe not for a few more years, but it will.
  • gtarelatedusername2 likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

Honestly I think you're becoming just as bad as when redx jams his views about GOTY down everyones' throat. In the GTA IV vs GTA V poll in general series chat GTA V is winning (quite comfortably I might add) in the gameplay category so how can you say people don't care about gameplay anymore?

I don't think you're a bad guy despite some of the differences we've had in the past, but I do believe you have the tendency to overreact just because not everyone loves GTA V in the same way you do.

Most of GTA V's criticisms boils down to it being the newest GTA and an easier target. It'll cool down like it did for GTA IV eventually. Maybe not for a few more years, but it will.

This isn't about GTA IV vs GTA V, this is about the opinions from gamers in general, over on the Gamespot forums, there are people hating on GTA V because of story and nothing else as well (at least here, some GTA IV fans can say other things than story that they prefer, take driving physics for example), so if i'm overreacting about anything, it's not because not everyone likes GTA V, but rather because of the direction gaming is heading in (and before anyone says it, I like a great story just as much as the next person, just not when gameplay has to suffer) and the GTA V hate is a perfect example of that.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

This isn't about GTA IV vs GTA V, this is about the opinions from gamers in general, over on the Gamespot forums, there are people hating on GTA V because of story and nothing else as well (at least here, some GTA IV fans can say other things than story that they prefer, take driving physics for example), so if i'm overreacting about anything, it's not because not everyone likes GTA V, but rather because of the direction gaming is heading in (and before anyone says it, I like a great story just as much as the next person, just not when gameplay has to suffer) and the GTA V hate is a perfect example of that.

I see what you're saying. I didn't mean any offense or anything (not that you took offense) it's just something that was on my mind. I think a lot of people still care about game play regardless of what some say at other forums.

baratheon
  • baratheon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

I liked GTA V. I try not to scrutinise too deeply with games - if I was entertained by it then I'm happy. I think the hype surrounding the game definitely built it up slightly more than necessary in some people's minds, but that doesn't mean it was a bad game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users