GTA Vs future reputation.

53 replies to this topic
Harryhenry
  • Harryhenry

The only person on this forum who likes GTA V

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

It's been several months since the release of GTA V, and the response from the forums to the game are... not positive. (Understatment of the centery right there) As of this post, this section Is filled with forum threads about how awful the game is, with long and detailed threads picking apart the game's weaknesses. Meanwhile, everyone now LOVES GTA IV and people are now going on and on about how great the game was.

Now, is this a complaint thread ABOUT the complaining? No! Well, sort off... I want you to cast your minds back to 2008... GTA IV came out, and EVERYONE hated it. They hated it for Its story, Its boring city, constant phone calls from friends, and more realistic driving controls. Sound familiar? Just swap out those last two with "No gang wars" and "LESS realistic driving controls." and you've got GTA Vs currect reception.

So, what I predict is that when the next GTA game comes out, which will (most likely) be much smaller than V, fans will probably fall in love with V, and completely ignore the games flaws. What do you guys think? Do you think my theory is correct or not?

• theGTAking101, stjimmy3, Jacob-B and 3 others like this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Yes, it is inevitable that this is the case. The next gta on next gen won't be as ''vast'' as gta v because of the same reason gta iv was not as vast as ps3 san andreas- rockstar won't be so used to the new hardware of next gen consoles. Thus, people will praise gta v for what it contains that lacks in the next gta. Probably the next gta will not have countryside or lack planes,or some other thing that has no reason to be excluded.

• lizardman563 likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

In my case, your theory appears incorrect.

I like all GTA's and never show any dislike even in future, 'cause I believe Rockstar is one of the finest when it comes to the dedication ( and passion ), as seen towards 'making it better' with every addition to the series.

GTA VC is the greatest offering to date, IV was good enough for a change, while V has been better, if not worse.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

I am so positive that I would literally bet a grand on it. When VI comes out people will love V. If anybody wants to bet on that I will and you can hold me to it.

• lizardman563, WorldWideFM and Upggrade like this

qfs
  • qfs

Quffy

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

Yes, it is inevitable that this is the case. The next gta on next gen won't be as ''vast'' as gta v because of the same reason gta iv was not as vast as ps3 san andreas- rockstar won't be so used to the new hardware of next gen consoles. Thus, people will praise gta v for what it contains that lacks in the next gta. Probably the next gta will not have countryside or lack planes,or some other thing that has no reason to be excluded.

Are you saying rockstar isn't used to pc hardware? (new gen consoles and actual pcs) It's a miracle of skills they pulled this off on last gen hardware. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

R has HD down pat at this point and the next gen will just be able to handle more HD so I am sure VI will be more than good enough. People will still trash it and complain that V is better though.

• fac316 and iainspad like this

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:40 AM Edited by mariana_dm1989, 11 February 2014 - 11:40 AM.

Are you saying rockstar isn't used to pc hardware? (new gen consoles and actual pcs) It's a miracle of skills they pulled this off on last gen hardware. 

rockstar themselves said that gta iv was quite hard to make because they had to get used to the hardware, as ps3 was quite new back then when iv was released. Now that there is new next gen hardware, rockstar will also need time  to also get used to that.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:48 AM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 11 February 2014 - 11:49 AM.

No they don't need to get used to the hardware at least for the PS4 because it's x86 architecture which is pretty much the same as the PC architecture. It's going to be even better for PC fans because it will be easier to develop both side by side or port.

For xbox it's harder because of the sh*tty eSRAM.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

You gotta account for the fact that most users on this forum are of the teen age (no offense) and it's a new impatient generation, their entitled little minds are still developing. For me Rockstar never failed to deliver in terms of GTA (yes that includes the transition from SA to IV.) now were there some less favored than the others? Yeah but they were always top notch games. Rockstar may not give you EVERYTHING that you would want but they would still give you everything that would make it a great game.
  • blowtorchrepair, IntoGloryRide and iainspad like this

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

rockstar themselves said that gta iv was quite hard to make because they had to get used to the hardware, as ps3 was quite new back then when iv was released. Now that there is new next gen hardware, rockstar will also need time  to also get used to that.

R* did say that, but this time the leap from SD to HD isn't a major obstacle like it was then.  With next gen GTA I hope that R* develops some other game, like RDR2 for example, FIRST and not a GTA TITLE on the next gen system in the same way that IV was their first creation on the HD consoles.  Cut teeth on another title and then make the next GTA once comfortable with the new systems, R*.  

nobum62
  • nobum62

A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

so what you're saying is that there are people who hated IV and loved SA, then those same people hated V and loved IV, and those same people will hate VI and love V. right?

that isn't true at all. when I first played IV I loved it. but when I played V I didn't like the story.

this is so ridiculous how you think people hating the franchise's most recent game and those people loving the 2nd most recent game which they used to hate is a common thing.

if gta 5 is disappointing, then it deserves the criticism.

btw, when you said I'll be hating gta 6, I totally agree with you, because you can predict how I'll act in the future -______-
  • Miamivicecity, HaythamKenway and Ermacs like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

I Pray this thread doesnt get locked and exist until the release of next-gen GTAs.Great Thread OP.
  • Lil ski likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:03 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 11 February 2014 - 02:10 PM.

Every major GTA has been like this since Vice City.

Vice City came out, people loved it, then a few months later they complained that there were only three gangs, that the properties dominated the story, the game was glitchy, etc.

San Andreas came out, and then a lot of people started saying Vice City was the best and complained that San Andreas had too many pointless side missions, that the story wasn't that good, etc. etc.

GTA IV came out, people love San Andreas, GTA IV doesn't have enough pointless side missions, the story is boring and long, it isn't a state, etc. etc.

GTA V comes out, people love GTA IV and say GTA V driving sucks, the story is short and isn't as dramatic as GTA IV's, etc. etc.

It's more that complainers are always louder than lovers than anything else.

• Officer Ronson, Osho and Lowi like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:08 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 11 February 2014 - 02:11 PM.

Lol Some people are just (i dont know) ungrateful,here is what would happen for the next GTA.

Player 1:Damn I though it was going to be GTA 6 instead it a f*cking Subtitled (Spin-off) game set in an unpopular,unknown Location to the series.

Player 2:So why did C*ckstar not HD Re-imagined Vice City,wtf we got an HD LC and SA why not f*cking VC.

Player 3: Holy sh*t we can enter any buildings wtf,like why does this game not feel like GTA,why did C*ckstar make this into a Crime Version of F*cking Sims.

Player 4:F*ck i hate the way every NPCs are super smart,Lol i miss the days when they werent too smart.

This is just half of it, i can go on but i would be back later on.
  • iainspad likes this

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

For a GTA forum most people on here certainly don't appear to be fans of the series.  Personally I thought GTA V was the best game of last generation.

• fac316, Lil ski, TheGreenSadler and 1 other like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

For a GTA forum most people on here certainly don't appear to be fans of the series.  Personally I thought GTA V was the best game of last generation.

Damn you read my mind.you should say this to **cough** Redx and Showstopper **cough**

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:18 PM Edited by Hodgey., 11 February 2014 - 02:18 PM.

It's been several months since the release of GTA V, and the response from the forums to the game are... not positive. (Understatment of the centery right there) As of this post, this section Is filled with forum threads about how awful the game is, with long and detailed threads picking apart the game's weaknesses. Meanwhile, everyone now LOVES GTA IV and people are now going on and on about how great the game was.
Now, is this a complaint thread ABOUT the complaining? No! Well, sort off... I want you to cast your minds back to 2008... GTA IV came out, and EVERYONE hated it. They hated it for Its story, Its boring city, constant phone calls from friends, and more realistic driving controls. Sound familiar? Just swap out those last two with "No gang wars" and "LESS realistic driving controls." and you've got GTA Vs currect reception.
So, what I predict is that when the next GTA game comes out, which will (most likely) be much smaller than V, fans will probably fall in love with V, and completely ignore the games flaws. What do you guys think? Do you think my theory is correct or not?

Of course the same will happen to GTA V as it has done with GTA IV. Why? Because people are idiots and need something to complain about and they all think they are right.

As for it being smaller than GTA V then that is hard to say in my opinion. GTA IV was released one a year or so after the PS3 was released, whereas if R* are only starting to work on GTA VI right now then they will have 4 or maybe 5 years of working with the current console software which should mean that R* should be a ble to create a much more expansive game than GTA IV was.

RichyBeats
  • RichyBeats

Peon

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

People that are complaining about V are not really taking any notice of the leaps and bounds made over IV.
  • fac316 likes this

Lowi
  • Lowi

Hustler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

For me GTA V is the best gta ever made

• vengenceniko likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

People that are complaining about V are not really taking any notice of the leaps and bounds made over IV.

Of course. Those people are the people that are just looking at what R* took out or changed from the previous GTA rather than what R* improved. Now if R* kept everything the same as they seem to want they would be the people that also complained that R* didn't change enough. Its a no win situation.

• iainspad likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

GTA V does not get a 'lot of hate' and it is in no way underrated, especially compared to GTA IV. Take a look outside the forums and nearly all opinions are positive. IV still gets a lot of hate even from other sites and gets criticism for being dark and boring.

Thing is most here overhyped the game to the roof. However you need to take into account that GTA IV lovers don't actually hate the game. They do like it but just not as much as GTA IV because they feel it was a bit of a step-back but they still do like the game.

Quite a few have decent points but most are just people who overhyped the game and try to find something to complain about.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

You gotta account for the fact that most users on this forum are of the teen age (no offense) and it's a new impatient generation, their entitled little minds are still developing. For me Rockstar never failed to deliver in terms of GTA (yes that includes the transition from SA to IV.) now were there some less favored than the others? Yeah but they were always top notch games. Rockstar may not give you EVERYTHING that you would want but they would still give you everything that would make it a great game.

Agreed. I've felt this way with every GTA since III, including the expansions (though I was only slightly less than impressed with Vice City Stories, but still had a fair amount of fun with it). That said, I don't care about reputations with any of these games. I don't doubt there will be a continuation of this pattern when VI comes out, but it really won't affect me so whatever.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:22 PM

For me GTA V is the best gta ever made

Same bro.

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

I just pray to god we don't get a gta IV like game on the next gen consoles b/c you can argue it all you want IV was a definite step back. while V was a step up.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

I think next-gen GTAs would all be Spin-offs until the end of next-gen Lifecycle (or closf) then GTA 6 would be release.Afterall GTA 3 was the only main game in the 3D Era and the rest are sub-titled.

a20characterusername
  • a20characterusername

\_(ツ)_/

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 11 February 2014 - 04:13 PM.

This happens with every long-running game series, especially Final Fantasy and Elder Scrolls games.

Part of it is people getting used to a game, having its strengths and flaws grow on them over time. Part of it is nostalgia, and another part of it can be chalked up to mindless bandwagoning. Last but certainly not least, a lot of it can be contributed to hype, whether it's of the media or self-induced variety. People build up these great expectations for a game, and are inevitably let down when the game doesn't match what they were hoping it'd be, and the kneejerk reaction is to hate it.

• vengenceniko likes this

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

I Pray this thread doesnt get locked and exist until the release of next-gen GTAs.Great Thread OP.

It won't. Why should it?

XavMashes
  • XavMashes

Liberty City guy

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

I love both IV and V. I think they complement each other.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

It won't. Why should it?

That why i said "I Prayed",i want it to be here so when the first Next-Gen GTA is released and there are alot of complaint Threads,we would all look back to this thread.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

It's been several months since the release of GTA V, and the response from the forums to the game are... not positive. (Understatment of the centery right there)

Negativity will always be louder than positivity. Forums used to be a place where fans of the product would go to talk about the fun they have with it and share ideas. Now its a place for people to whine, and thats true for most forums, not just GTA. 

V is a great game. Its extremely entertaining and is right up there with San Andreas as far as longevity is concerned. 

• Jacob-B likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users