Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:40 PM

I'd say at the beginning of the game it would of been the Faustin's. Towards the end of the game though in my opinion it would be the Pegorino Family.

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

The biggest and most powerful criminal organisations in Liberty City and Alderney were the Rascalov Family and the Gambetti Family. Other big gangs include the African Americans and the Spanish Lords, however they only have a lot of turf.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Don't they specifically say that the Petrovics were the most powerful of the Russian crime families?  

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

The biggest and most powerful criminal organisations in Liberty City and Alderney were the Rascalov Family and the Gambetti Family. Other big gangs include the African Americans and the Spanish Lords, however they only have a lot of turf.

i remember them saying gambetti was the most powerful CO in liberty

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

You'd have to say the Gambetti family because of John Gravelli's connections to the IIA. Petrovic wouldn't be too far behind.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

You'd have to say the Gambetti family because of John Gravelli's connections to the IIA. Petrovic wouldn't be too far behind.

so it would be Gambetti followed by Petrovic then? those are the top 2

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:02 AM

The Gambetti Family and Kenny Petrovic for sure. The only other one which could come close is Alfonzo Vasequez/the Spanish Lords. All the others, not wiped out in IV, are pretty small time.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Yeah. The Gambetti family control nearly every racket in Liberty City - ranging mainly from unions such as construction and window cleaning. They also control Little Italy and are the rulers of the American Mafia Commission.

The Petrovic family are very dirty. They prefer hijacking and hugely like drug smuggling. They are alleged to control the whole Liberty City cocaine drug smuggling ring. 

The Mafia are weakening. So I'd probably say the Russian Mafia are advancing. They have far more members and more younger but smart members. If they are involved in firearms/drug smuggling, then they will have more money and more influence.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yeah. The Gambetti family control nearly every racket in Liberty City - ranging mainly from unions such as construction and window cleaning. They also control Little Italy and are the rulers of the American Mafia Commission.

The Petrovic family are very dirty. They prefer hijacking and hugely like drug smuggling. They are alleged to control the whole Liberty City cocaine drug smuggling ring. 

The Mafia are weakening. So I'd probably say the Russian Mafia are advancing. They have far more members and more younger but smart members. If they are involved in firearms/drug smuggling, then they will have more money and more influence.

the spanish lords would be the only ones able to compete with petrovic and gambetti.?

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

The commission (Gambetti, Pavano, Messina, Lupisella and Ancelotti families) are probably the most powerful crime organization because they're mafias, and mafias usually have powerful connections.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:13 AM Edited by greenrock, 13 February 2014 - 02:13 AM.

good answers..anyone else have any imput on this question

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:38 AM Edited by TheUnholy, 13 February 2014 - 03:03 PM.

Gambettis are one of the most dominant families in the city, for sure. They're the most powerful family amongst the Five Families and it's clearly stated that they have rackets everywhere of the city.

Also Petrovic Bratva is one of the most powerful ones for sure. I believe it's hinted that Petrovic is the most powerful Russian kingpin, at least in Liberty City, however I presume Petrovic, maybe, is the most powerful Russian mob boss in the East Coast. With car smuggling and drug dealing operations, I believe they're earning one of the most profitable funds a gang can earn in Liberty City.

So I think Gambetti Family and the Russian Bratva are equivalent in power (or at least IV's story shows us like that) and they're having a raged war against each other, to have the key to the city.

• Black & White likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

They have a war? Peg and Rascalov worked together!

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

They have a war? Peg and Rascalov worked together!

Actually, I wanted to mean "Gambettis", sorry for not being clear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users