182 replies to this topic
Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

Ah Pls bro dont get me started :) seeing that it a topic about RDR and GTA 5.but yeah GTA 5 and RDR are both Masterpieces.but hell yeah we are all getting a Tommy Gun :) (something that RDR didnt have).

Yeah, like we're going to get a maxim, a schofield  or a springfield (all RDR guns) in GTA V anytime soon. (We might get them in a patch, like the tommy, but this is very unlikely to happen this year, at the most.)

RDR's story beats V's story by far. We all know why. ;)

Spoiler

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Whoa... seeing that video that someone posted I noted that I NEVER noted before those million of trees in RDR, RDR gives us a fooocking better immersive loneliness sensation. GTAV don't. We have constructions, we have roads, we have people...

On RDR, I don't know how many times I felt lost on the world, even with the mini map turned on, even after 2 years playing that game again and again.
  • matajuegos01 likes this

carmisa
  • carmisa

Carmisa

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

I totally agree. There is way too much nit picking in this game. There is so much to do and places to go. This is just a video game, not real life. I am very grateful for this amazing game that I play every day, both single and multi-player modes. Of course I find things that I wish were better or added to the game, but is a fantastic gaming experience.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:48 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 13 February 2014 - 08:51 PM.

Ah Pls bro dont get me started :) seeing that it a topic about RDR and GTA 5.but yeah GTA 5 and RDR are both Masterpieces.but hell yeah we are all getting a Tommy Gun :) (something that RDR didnt have).

Yeah, like we're going to get a maxim, a schofield  or a springfield (all RDR guns) in GTA V anytime soon. (We might get them in a patch, like the tommy, but this is very unlikely to happen this year, at the most.)

Spoiler

Yeah Whatever :) but tbh you just ruined RDR ending for me,now i cant see me playing it ever again.but a Flamethrower in GTA 5 would be Amazing :) That why Ammunation is the Best thing to happen to the HD Era in terms of Weapon stores,I love the way there are more slots (racks) for weapons plus we could inspect and customise them.Hope you are enjoying the New Gun :)

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Spoiler

you just ruined RDR ending for me,now i cant see me playing it ever again

Well, I used spoiler tags for a reason. Be more vigilant next time.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

@LSPD
I will try to,thanks for the advice.

Irish Thunder Baby
  • Irish Thunder Baby

Come ride with me

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Red Dead is Rockstar's best game. It's better than all the GTAs

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 13 February 2014 - 10:09 PM.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Lol :) can you said that to GTA 3 (The Godfather of the Genre and the third main game in GTA Family that changed a Genre forever).Nah i dont think so.Pls let be on topic,i dont want to start again,and this topic is about RDR an GTA 5.

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha Lol :) can you said that to GTA 3 (The Godfather of the Genre and the third main game in GTA Family that changed a Genre forever).Nah i dont think so.Pls let be on topic,i dont want to start again,and this topic is about RDR an GTA 5.

I really, really wish you would shut the f*ck up forever and ever amen, that would really be a beautiful feeling.

OT: RDR sh*ts on V in every single way, it's a shame that R* thought that if people were satisified with RDR which only had a few towns and 2 large towns that there was no way they could be let down by a game with a few towns a city and the ability to swim and fly, I think they must've forgot about that game called San Andreas they made back in 2004, we expect more from a GTA released in 2013 with a half a billion dollar budget, people knew what to expect when they bought a game set in the wild wild west, there's no real excuse or this level of failiure.

• Peregrin Brandytook and matajuegos01 like this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

It's his opinion, an opinion I happen to at least partially share. GTA 3 was a good game for its time, full stop. 

Some seem to confuse "best" with "most innovative". To put it bluntly, saying GTA III is Rockstar's best game is like saying that Ford Model T is the best car ever build. Which is nothing short of insulting. Sure both revolutionized their respective niches to a certain extent, no argument there. But their revolutionary / cult status doesn't mean they're still, nor were for a prolonged period of time king of the hill. Au contraire mon frare. Putting them in perspective and comparing them with what we have today, they seem like little more than obsolete rough sketches. Hardly anything "Best" worthy.

OT: Red Dead Redemption's map and especially the countryside was not only better texture-wise, it was also much better mapped and proportioned. RDR's countryside was dotted with proper believable Flora and Fauna. Whereas GTA V's countryside feels more like the run down set of a low budget flick, with the occasional astray deer and/or mountain lion popping its head in. Rush job, parody... ? I don't know, but it certainly doesn't feel true to character, which is sad especially after playing a game as Brilliant all around as RDR.

• Luddite and 5.7 like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:21 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 13 February 2014 - 11:33 PM.

OT: RDR sh*ts on V in every single way

Lolwat?

So, RDR's driving physics sh*ts on GTA V's driving physics?

Spoiler

Also, I'm pretty sure the budget was like $250 mil, not $500 mil. And not all of that goes into the game itself. Marketing is expensive as f*ck.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

Lolwat?

Spoiler

Also, I'm pretty sure the budget was like $250 mil, not $500 mil. And not all of that goes into the game itself. Marketing is expensive as f*ck.

RDR's horses make more realistic turns than GTA V's cars do. :ph34r: :blush:

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:55 AM

Lolwat?

Spoiler

RDR's horses make more realistic turns than GTA V's cars do. :ph34r: :blush:

Yeah, well, GTA 5's cars have better acceleration than RDR's horses!

Checkmate.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

War horse> all cars in GTA V.

• tom_p1980 and iiGh0STt like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:37 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 14 February 2014 - 02:38 AM.

At least my car never disappeared on me one day.

f*ck you War Horse. You abandoning motherf*cker. I loved you. I LOVED YOU! AND YOU THREW IT ALL AWAY!

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:56 AM Edited by iiGh0STt, 14 February 2014 - 04:57 AM.

Console limitations.

lol.. seriously. It's why there is still no release date or hopes for gta V gamers that there will be a next gen/pc release... anyways...

RDR or any cowboy game like GTA would effing dominate on next gen consoles.

They didnt remove it because THIS INST RDR, THIS IS GTA V.  Jezz people should get that screwed right into their head, that R* doesnt import everything from other games. Plus RDR did have the annoying X thing ya'll complaining about.

They imported ol John Marston into your family history online... just sayin.

How the hell would we drive planes in the damn Wild West? 

We can't drive planes nowadays.

Sorry, I had to lol.

How do you suppose planes get airborne? They don't teleport to the skies, they taxi, which is effectively driving.

Exactly!

Better than gliding like that poor fool in RDR. ;)

29778625.jpg

hands down my favorite mission/s of RDR. I was so anxious to see if he could actually do it... and then.. :cry:

Finally catching a rare horse > Unicorn > Four horses of the Apocolypse > War Horse > all cars in GTA V.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:20 AM

Console limitations.

lol.. seriously. It's why there is still no release date or hopes for gta V gamers that there will be a next gen/pc release... anyways...

RDR or any cowboy game like GTA would effing dominate on next gen consoles.

They didnt remove it because THIS INST RDR, THIS IS GTA V.  Jezz people should get that screwed right into their head, that R* doesnt import everything from other games. Plus RDR did have the annoying X thing ya'll complaining about.

They imported ol John Marston into your family history online... just sayin.

How the hell would we drive planes in the damn Wild West? 

We can't drive planes nowadays.

Sorry, I had to lol.

How do you suppose planes get airborne? They don't teleport to the skies, they taxi, which is effectively driving.

Exactly!

Better than gliding like that poor fool in RDR. ;)

29778625.jpg

hands down my favorite mission/s of RDR. I was so anxious to see if he could actually do it... and then.. :cry:

Finally catching a rare horse > Unicorn > Four horses of the Apocolypse > War Horse > all cars in GTA V.

Thank you, it proves that RDR is a better game. GTA V fanboys come up with everything. Console limitations. LOL that's funny. If that was the case the PC version of GTA V would be release. 

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:28 AM

Thank you, it proves that RDR is a better game. GTA V fanboys come up with everything. Console limitations. LOL that's funny. If that was the case the PC version of GTA V would be release. 

I thoroughly enjoyed GTA V. maybe even as much as first playing RDR... using the term fanboy revokes any sense you just made. :miranda:

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:33 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed GTA V. maybe even as much as first playing RDR... using the term fanboy revokes any sense you just made. :miranda:

You must of not been on this forum that much. We got people saying every open world game is a GTA clone and that RDR is a GTA clone as well. That's why I use the term fanboy cause they make it sound like GTA is the only original Open world game and every other game is just a rip off of it. 

da_illest101
  • da_illest101

GTA World Heavy Weight Champion

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

I prefer RDR story and love the map, but RDR is one of the most boring game I played this gen. Most missions, like gta IV, are just too insanely repetitive: shoot X amount of bad guys. If it wasn't for the story I would have never finished the game. Gta V is my favorite game this gen, like san Andreas was before it

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:53 AM

You must of not been on this forum that much. We got people saying every open world game is a GTA clone and that RDR is a GTA clone as well. That's why I use the term fanboy cause they make it sound like GTA is the only original Open world game and every other game is just a rip off of it. 

who cares what they make it sound like... why do you care so much about what they care about? lol... make your point and move on. You are clogging the thread with nonsense.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Guise, guise, guise.

I think we can all agree that RDR is better than GTA V without a shout of a doubt. :p

• tom_p1980, Peregrin Brandytook and matajuegos01 like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:38 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 14 February 2014 - 08:43 AM.

It not that Fan/Fanboys like using the term"GTA Clones" alot,it because that how it is if you check the definition of "GTA Clone" on wikipedia or GTA Wiki.afterall GTA is still the Longest Running Openworld/Sandbox Game Franchise with 15 Games,Spanning 3 Consoles Generations(PS1,PS2/Xbox and PS3/Xbox360) with an almost 17 years Life Span.(note i didnt mention that it this same Legendary Franchise that Revolutionise and Popularise an entire Genre).

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

RDR is one of those games I cant recommend highly enough to friends or people who have never played it. A modern day masterpiece. 

Nothing comes close, not even GTA5.

• Peregrin Brandytook and Captain Arthur like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:44 AM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 14 February 2014 - 08:48 AM.

It not that Fan/Fanboys like using the term"GTA Clones" alot,it because that how it,if you check the definition of "GTA Clone" on wikipedia or GTA Wiki.afterall GTA is still the Longest Running Openworld/Sandbox Game Franchise with 15 Games,Spanning 3 Consoles Generations(PS1,PS2/Xbox and PS3/Xbox360) with an almost 17 years Life Span.

Did you read all of that in Wikipedia? 

Blood, Blood, Blood, -sigh- 

Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source of information. Here, I have proof:

266e3c7bcccd633b7ccc4e564331f5d4.png

The information above is wrong. They fixed it now.

The person who made the GTA Clones page is probably a fanboy or doesn't know the meaning of GTA Clone. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

It not that Fan/Fanboys like using the term"GTA Clones" alot,it because that how it,if you check the definition of "GTA Clone" on wikipedia or GTA Wiki.afterall GTA is still the Longest Running Openworld/Sandbox Game Franchise with 15 Games,Spanning 3 Consoles Generations(PS1,PS2/Xbox and PS3/Xbox360) with an almost 17 years Life Span.

Did you read all of that in Wikipedia? 

Blood, Blood, Blood, -sigh- 

Wikipedia is NOT a reliable source of information. Here, I have proof:

266e3c7bcccd633b7ccc4e564331f5d4.png

The information above is wrong. They fixed it now.

The person who made the GTA Clones page is probably a fanboy or doesn't know the meaning of GTA Clone. 

So you mean IGN,CVG and Gamespot and other reviewers/critics are Fanboys? plus there are sources and references in every wikipedia pages.If you think so,search this"Video Game Clones".I dont want to start linking videos and articles,afterall it about RDR and the 5th Installment of GTA not the entire series.plus there isnt term such as "Saints Row Clones" or "Assassins Creed Clones" because those two Franchises didnt Popularise anything or exist until 2006 and 2007.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:55 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 14 February 2014 - 02:55 PM.

who cares what they make it sound like... why do you care so much about what they care about? lol... make your point and move on. You are clogging the thread with nonsense.

He's redx, or BrickWall165 if you wanna be included in the inside joke. Most of what he says doesn't make sense, as he throws 'fanboy' around all the time to try and make his opinions fact.

Whatever you do, do not ask him about GOTY. It's funny to watch him make a fool of himself, but it does get annoying after a little bit.

Guise, guise, guise.

I think we can all agree that RDR is better than GTA V without a shout of a doubt. :p

Can I be included in your sig? I wanna fight the Tyrant SOL with you! :lol:

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Guise, guise, guise.

Can I be included in your sig? I wanna fight the Tyrant SOL with you! :lol:

Oooh. Yeah, I will edit it soon. :p

Expect it in a few hours.  :lol:

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

Ofc. RDR's vegetation will beat V's by miles, RDR is ment to be set in the wild west when it was about to die. There are still spots that mankind hasnt touched and technology wasn really avanced back then.

However both of them are good games, I dont think RDR is better than GTA V nor that GTA V is better than it. They're both great at the same level.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Few hours? More like right now! :p

Just to make this On Topic,

RDR > GTA V 

IMO. 

• Raavi and iiGh0STt like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic