Photo

GTA V after playing Red Dead Redemption

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic
ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by ZHPbim, 12 February 2014 - 03:46 AM.

A few things:

1. Console limitations. RDR had countryside, forest, and a few buildings with interiors with a bunch of animals and people. GTAV has a hugely detailed city, cars, boats, decent amount of animals, flying, swimming underwater, decent amount of interiors, and country side, all with way more to do. The console limitations made wilderness better in RDR and city and modern age better in GTA V

2. Put simply, wilderness in Cali is more baren today. The mountains don't have much vegetation anyway. So if anything it's more realistic. The forest areas OK. There could be more. But like I said, console limitations.

I honestly could care less. The game is absolutely huge and epic. The fact that theyanaged to make such a huge world with not only better graphics than GTA iv, but MUCH better graphics with amazing lighting, absolutely gets my nod of approval. Sure the textures up close aren't very impressive. But what kind of asshole is zooming into everything nitpicking the game to death? Who cares
  • dyz likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:46 AM Edited by woggleman, 12 February 2014 - 03:46 AM.

The countryside in GTA V smells like a rush job, I mean the ground texture and vegetation is reminiscent of ps2 era games, which is just bad. So I much prefer Red Dead Redemption in terms of countryside.

This  :^:

RDR is Rockstar's best game of the last generation, better than GTA V. I think most Rockstar fans would agree on that.
Every true fan would. Fanboys won't. 
I don't think RDR is a better game than GTA V and I am a fan of both. I'd say they are almost on par with each other with GTA have a slight edge which is to be expected.

But I guess I am not a "true fan" because I don't agree with someone's opinion on an Internet forum.

And I would not be mentioning the word "fanboy" with said forum signature.

You are not a true fan because his highness says so.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

AKA: BLOOD,BiiD or BloodMOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:49 AM

Redx, you completely missed the point he was trying to make because you automatically went into your "I'm not a fanboy" defensive stance.

I mean, dude, seriously...

Lol,the guy calls everyone who love GTA 5 a "Fanboy" and that just so ridiculous tbh.I already got called "Fanboy" alot of time by this guy because i am giving my opinion.and the Lol moment is when he was arguing with Official General about TLoU getting every GoTY Awards making it better than GTA 5. Lol i cant wait to hear his reply :)

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:57 AM Edited by Raavi, 12 February 2014 - 03:57 AM.

Lets move on from this whole console war / fanboy tripe, shall we?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:59 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 12 February 2014 - 04:00 AM.

Lets move on from this whole console war / fanboy tripe, shall we?

No Problem Bro,I think you have to tell that to Redx.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

The wilderness is your well-being in RDR. You live off the land, and that's the beauty of wild west folklore, especially concerning the "dying" old west period which is right when RDR is set. 

There isn't even a comparison. Of course RDR has a better natural landscape, and putting aside the technical "limitations,"  that makes sense.

The automobile is introduced late in the story of RDR. 100 years later in V, the automobile is the new horse. Life has changed. The urban lifestyle has long since taken over and the vibrance and biodiversity of the West has been permanently scarred. 

It's like comparing Blackwater to Los Santos. There's no contest for obvious reasons.

The real debate is which map is better, and of course that's completely subjective. 

• TheMasterfocker likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:50 AM

Fun Fact:TLAD was RDR major Influence according to GTA Wiki and Red Dead Wiki.

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

You're wrong on both counts. Some are trashing the game, as they have before it was even released.

Also, having a detailed city is absolutely a part of it. A smaller map, no huge city, and traffic only consisting of an occasional cowboy or two made RDR's beautiful world possible. 

Do you know how asset streaming works? You don't render the whole world at same time. You may have big city and small countryside or vice versa, but it's only relatively small area that gets displayed around you at a time. If you move to next part of world everything gets constantly streamed in around you - not the whole map.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

You're wrong on both counts. Some are trashing the game, as they have before it was even released.

Also, having a detailed city is absolutely a part of it. A smaller map, no huge city, and traffic only consisting of an occasional cowboy or two made RDR's beautiful world possible. 

Do you know how asset streaming works? You don't render the whole world at same time. You may have big city and small countryside or vice versa, but it's only relatively small area that gets displayed around you at a time. If you move to next part of world everything gets constantly streamed in around you - not the whole map.

Thats why i can see Mount Chilliad from Del Perro beach. 

Uptown Rider
  • Uptown Rider

Uptown General

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

RDR was made specificly for the wilderness. the focus was on the wilderness. GTA V description was "Los Santos and the surrounding wilderness". Meanings it was focused on the city. WITH forrest features.

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:43 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 12 February 2014 - 06:44 PM.

I think it may be because of the differant speeds you traverse the enviroment as well , i suppose pop up draw distance becomes more of a factor the faster you can go, i dont think R* would purposely make it worse after people loved RDRs setting so much
just my 2 pennies worth

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

i can't understand why they removed the bullet exit/enter wounds from RDR.

And I don't understand what they were thinking when they put that incredibly annoying "x" that confirms your kills in the game. If only gunfights could dbe like RDR...

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Security Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

They didnt remove it because THIS INST RDR, THIS IS GTA V.  Jezz people should get that screwed right into their head, that R* doesnt import everything from other games. Plus RDR did have the annoying X thing ya'll complaining about.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Why is the wilderness less detailed in V than in RDR?

You might as well ask: why is Blackwater not as epic as Los Santos? It's limitations due to hardware, you can't go epic on the countryside if you've also got to fit in a sprawling metropolis.

They are both fine games (and that's a bit of classic British understatement kicking in). The more pertinent question is how many games from outside of R* can compare with either. Just my opinion, but not a lot would be my answer.

• UtterTehSEAL likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

The wilderness is your well-being in RDR. You live off the land, and that's the beauty of wild west folklore, especially concerning the "dying" old west period which is right when RDR is set. 

There isn't even a comparison. Of course RDR has a better natural landscape, and putting aside the technical "limitations,"  that makes sense.

The automobile is introduced late in the story of RDR. 100 years later in V, the automobile is the new horse. Life has changed. The urban lifestyle has long since taken over and the vibrance and biodiversity of the West has been permanently scarred. 

It's like comparing Blackwater to Los Santos. There's no contest for obvious reasons.

The real debate is which map is better, and of course that's completely subjective. 

Wonderfully said.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:46 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 12 February 2014 - 07:50 PM.

2. Put simply, wilderness in Cali is more baren today. The mountains don't have much vegetation anyway. So if anything it's more realistic. The forest areas OK. There could be more. But like I said, console limitations.

You obviously haven't been to Big Bear or better yet Mammoth Mountain in the Sierra's, Napa, Monterey, Lake Tahoe, I could go on and on.  Cali is not barren by any stretch of the imagination, quite the contrary.  It's beautiful, lush, with trees older than time itself, huge mountains, deep valleys, beautiful gorges, endless deserts, ect.  

The drive from Tahoe to Mammoth is unbelievable.  You'd think you were in heaven.

Cali has it all actually.

DrDetroit

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

As Raavi said. It looks like RDR has bigger quality of details in game. Map is way smaller than V's, so it can be easier for adding more details and things such this, but RDR map feels big and it has great story. In my opinion R* did best story in RDR. It doesn't have many missions but story doesn't feel rushed like V's. In some parts RDR is clearly better than V, but V itself is bigger game and has more features added. I can't really compare them. Both games are great.

• Raavi likes this

UtterTehSEAL
  • UtterTehSEAL

This is the victory we longed for.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

Am I the only one who remembers how much the cow herding sucked in that game? I'd rather do yoga... Still loved RDR though.

ZHPbim
  • ZHPbim

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

You obviously haven't been to Big Bear or better yet Mammoth Mountain in the Sierra's, Napa, Monterey, Lake Tahoe, I could go on and on.  Cali is not barren by any stretch of the imagination, quite the contrary.  It's beautiful, lush, with trees older than time itself, huge mountains, deep valleys, beautiful gorges, endless deserts, ect.  

The drive from Tahoe to Mammoth is unbelievable.  You'd think you were in heaven.

Cali has it all actually.

DrDetroit

I've been to San Diego, LA, Joshua tree, pal springs, San Fran, big sur, and redwood forest. Other than the last two, the vegetation wasn't much. But it's good to know I was wrong apparently. I love Cali and hope to move there one day.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Why can we not fly planes in RDR?
why can we not eat in RDR?
why did it rip-off GTA 4's mechanics i.e. sleeping,wanted level?
why could we not drive that car in the first cut-scene?
why is there less peds in big settlements in RDR?
why did it rip-off GTA's mini-games i.e. Gambling ?
why is it a GTA in disguise?
why did Rockstar not make GTA annually but spend their times on other games,afterall E.A and Activision does it?
tbh this Non-sense piss me of,and then people that love GTA 5 are always given out to or get that thread(s) lock.I love this forum and as a big fan of GTA,i respect other fans and members here,but i thought we werent allowed to talk about other Non-GTA games here? or did the rules changes?
someone pls answer me,i cant take this anymore.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:22 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 12 February 2014 - 08:40 PM.

@Blood You want an answer? I'll give you one. 

Because it's set in the damn Wild West. How the hell would we drive planes in the damn Wild West? 

why can we not eat in RDR?

Yeah, okay, you have a point here, but the other features make up for that.

why did it rip-off GTA 4's mechanics i.e. sleeping,wanted level?

Rip-off? Do you even know the meaning of rip-off? So, any R* game which lets us sleep is ripping off from GTA? Logic. Wanted level? The wanted level is completely different in RDR. Did you even play the game?

why could we not drive that car in the first cut-scene?

Because, if we could, then it would just become another GTA clone just created by R*. 

why is there less peds in big settlements in RDR?

What? Less peds? Are you smoking something?

why did it rip-off GTA's mini-games i.e. Gambling ?

Dafuq? Okay, now I'm convinced that you don't know the meaning of rip-off. How the hell did it rip-off GTA's gambling?

why is it a GTA in disguise?

Yeah, a game where horses are the main transport is TOOOOOTALLLY the same as a game where we drive cars. The mechanics are also the same! [/end sarcasm]

God, Blood, I don't want to say this, but you're becoming more and more of a R* fanboy and asskisser each day. You think that we should all agree with each other all the time. Hell, you also want us to say that R* are the BEEESSST gaming company and that GTA V is the BEEEEEEST game evar created. Well, guess what, that ain't happening. 

I tried to be as polite as I could in this post. 

• Detective Phelps, Luuk' and matajuegos01 like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

We have a realistic warrant for your realistic arrest.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Are you f*cking kidding me? The game is set in 1911, when planes were not that common outside the military (the game is set before the first air force, the royal air force, even existed.)

Seriously, not every open world game is a GTA clone. You have got to stop with your fanboyism.

• Gta_V_Fan_101, Luuk' and matajuegos01 like this

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

RDR is just an unique experience set in a totally different timeline with the best story in a R* game.

My opinion.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:39 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 12 February 2014 - 08:42 PM.

@GTA_V_Fan
Cheers for reply,afterall you being Honest,but pls just because I love GTA (GTA 5) and Rockstar doesnt mean i am a**licking.but yeah I am a BIG FAN of GTA 5.now Redx and Showstopper can sleep well tonight dreaming about TLoU winning sh*tty GoTY Awards.Lol those two are just something else.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

@GTA_V_Fan
Cheers for reply,afterall you being Honest,but pls just because I love GTA (GTA 5) and Rockstar doesnt mean i am a**licking.but yeah I am a BIG FAN of GTA 5.now Redx and Showstopper can sleep well tonight dreaming about TLoU winning sh*tty GoTY Awards.Lol those two are just something else.

It's not that you "just love" GTA, it's plain and simple asslicking. I expected more from a 20 year old.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

@GTA_V_Fan
Cheers for reply,afterall you being Honest,but pls just because I love GTA (GTA 5) and Rockstar doesnt mean i am a**licking.but yeah I am a BIG FAN of GTA 5.now Redx and Showstopper can sleep well tonight dreaming about TLoU winning sh*tty GoTY Awards.

Trust me, there's no problem in loving a game, but loving EVERYTHING about it is a problem. I agree, Showstopper can get annoying and so can Redx, but you protecting R* and loving everything about GTA V is getting more annoying than them. 

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

We have a realistic warrant for your realistic arrest.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

@GTA_V_Fan
Cheers for reply,afterall you being Honest,but pls just because I love GTA (GTA 5) and Rockstar doesnt mean i am a**licking.but yeah I am a BIG FAN of GTA 5.now Redx and Showstopper can sleep well tonight **cough**bunch of *ssholes**cough**

Well, guess what? Your illogical posts are making you look like an asskisser. Sorry, but this is true.

You went full retard when you said this:

Also, you said why can't we eat food in RDR.

Firstly, RDR is not "eating simulator 69", and the focus is the gunplay and map. You can chew tobacco in RDR, BTW.

Anyway, we can't go in restaurants in GTA V, and I don't think you can eat food in V either, so your point is invalid.

Well, you did admit that you're a fanboy previously, so I'm not surprised. ;)

• Gta_V_Fan_101 likes this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:50 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 12 February 2014 - 08:58 PM.

@LSPD
Every Modern Day Openworld/Games are Labelled "GTA Clones".
*Saints Row
*Mafia
*Sleeping Dogs
*Watch-Dogs
*Infamous
*Prototype
*Red Dead
*Bully
*Godfather
*Scarface
*Just Cause
*Ride To Retribution
*Gangster Miami
etc.

Even though GTA borrow some elements from it "Clones" sometimes,it the King of this Genre.
This is a question no fails to know
Have any Openworld game become a Blockbuster like GTA? and pls i need a reply cus even CoD fanboys knows the answer to the question.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

How the hell would we drive planes in the damn Wild West? 

We can't drive planes nowadays.

Sorry, I had to lol.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

@LSPD
No offense taking (you are one of the 10% of cool people on this forum :) ) and yeah we could eat in GTA 5, we could get snacks in any 24hrs store although it not detailed like GTA SA/GTA 4.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users