• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic
Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:36 PM

deser is supposed to be barren, but rdr came out when consoles we're in the mid of their limits or something, so devs had more horsepower left for on ground bushes, and they don't have to emulate 500 people and 200 cars on screen every second.RDR, is less demanding, thats why u get better environment and MORE BUSHES...

There's neither in V or RDR tens or hundreds of people on screet in countryside/wild areas.

• DaRkL3AD3R likes this

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:13 PM Edited by one55, 11 February 2014 - 04:16 PM.

How can you compare RDR and GTA V then complain about graphics???

RDR is on a much smaller scale to GTA V. The map is smaller and it only consists of desert/countryside. There are only little towns here and there. You don't have hundreds of cars/people wandering around everywhere. That allows more room for better textures/performance. Personally, I don't have a problem with how GTA V looks or runs.

The PS3/360 hardware is around a decade old. Just remember that the entire system and game is running on a single core CPU with no more than 512mb ram. Rockstar done as good a job as they could. If the game comes to PS4/One then it'll blow the PS3/360 out the water. The PC version will destroy every other version (and I say this as a PS3/PS4 owner). Rockstar can only work with what hardware there is.

• dyz, saksoka and ZHPbim like this

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

RDR is a great game to play if you can't sleep but you need to sleep and don't want to take any drugs.  

RDR was good though, once I stopped thinking about GTA.  GTA games are full of many moving things on screen at one time (cars, planes, trains) and I'd imagine that the computing power to run all of that has to be taken from somewhere else in the game such as perhaps desert mountain textures...  ?

RDR needed a final Time Traverler's DLC package that would have come with off-road vehicles and some automatic weapons...  I'd rather had that than some zombie crap...

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

It's a hard choice for me. GTA V has far better gameplay, but RDR is far more immersive and i really liked the cop spawning system in RDR, as apposed to V's endless stream of cop legions coming from every direction. One thing i hate about RDR's countryside, is that bears spawn every 10 seconds when you are in the forest!!!!! lol at least GTA V regulated the spawning of wildlife. Speaking about forests, i am a big fan of forests, and RDR at least had a proper forest. GTA V had ''pseudo'' forests.

you mean... the bears and the cougars, right? hahahah

I don't know if RDR have a huge "empty" map (with just few big buildings, I mean), that give us a greatness sense, or V have too much detailed, full of people areas, that can't pass us a loneliness sensation, like we saw in RDR.

If the V map had a little more "RDR map size" in it... well, I would love more than I love RDR.
  • mariana_dm1989 likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:05 PM Edited by killahmatic, 11 February 2014 - 06:08 PM.

RDR showed that current gen. hardware is very capable of rendering dense forests with wildlife so I don't believe it's because of hardware limitation.

V's map is a lot larger and a ton of detail went into the city/towns, leaving less for countryside detail, so yes, in a sense, that IS hardware limitation. 

As for everyone complain about this or that... both games look fantastic and are extremely fun to play. There's no reason to trash one or the other. They're two of the best games ever created. Had RDR not existed, Its possible that V's natural areas wouldn't look half as good as they do, even if they aren't quite as nice as RDR.. although in some locations they are as nice or even better. 

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Nobody's trashing either game. Having detailed city has nothing to do with inability to have better forests areas, because they're different locations away from each another. If it was intentional design decision then it's another thing.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

The countryside in GTA V smells like a rush job, I mean the ground texture and vegetation is reminiscent of ps2 era games, which is just bad. So I much prefer Red Dead Redemption in terms of countryside. 

This, exactly this. I honestly felt like I was playing a PS2 game when I was out in the hills and "desert" or "forest" areas. It really did feel empty and a far departure from the immense detail Rockstar North puts into their urban areas. I seriously wish they could have tasked San Diego with the country side areas and let North handle Los Santos completely. I feel that would have given us a much better map overall.

• Raavi and esato like this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

The countryside in GTA V smells like a rush job, I mean the ground texture and vegetation is reminiscent of ps2 era games, which is just bad. So I much prefer Red Dead Redemption in terms of countryside. 

This, exactly this. I honestly felt like I was playing a PS2 game when I was out in the hills and "desert" or "forest" areas. It really did feel empty and a far departure from the immense detail Rockstar North puts into their urban areas. I seriously wish they could have tasked San Diego with the country side areas and let North handle Los Santos completely. I feel that would have given us a much better map overall.

I make your words mine.

mrbozzedup
  • mrbozzedup

Tryna Get out this Bullsh*t

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

Console limitations.
  • iiGh0STt likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:24 PM

For me and many people Red Dead Redemption is retro-actively knowns as "GTA Wild West" or "GTA Cowboy",yeah it a great game but without GTA most of all openworld games wouldnt exist,that includes,Saints Row,Red Dead,Sleeping Dogs,True -Crime,Mafia etc.no other Openworld Franchise can take the Legacy from GTA,as it the Ruler and the Heartbeat of the Openworld Genre.Infact Red Dead Redemption had a "Barrier" that made it linear.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

I would say Blaine County Alone makes the RDR map look effortless,even though it had Tall Trees etc.I love RDR and it shows how "godlike" they are with the Openworld Genre.But i dont know i never finished that game,let not talk about GTA for a minute,but tbh that the only Rockstar Games' game i didnt go back to,i got Max Payne 3,i finished it,infact the Best Shooters Ever Made alongside Gears of War 2.Afterall Red Dead cant match a GTA game but it was Great.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

Nobody's trashing either game. Having detailed city has nothing to do with inability to have better forests areas, because they're different locations away from each another. If it was intentional design decision then it's another thing.

You're wrong on both counts. Some are trashing the game, as they have before it was even released.

Also, having a detailed city is absolutely a part of it. A smaller map, no huge city, and traffic only consisting of an occasional cowboy or two made RDR's beautiful world possible. 

• Geralt of Rivia likes this

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

Two different games with 2 different worlds. Most of the detail in GTA is in the urban city where you are a lot of the time. RDR is more landscape because that's pretty much it other than small towns here and there.
  • Gunslinger_GK likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 12 February 2014 - 01:27 AM.

What if i said Red Dead would be that type of Franchise,that it would be hard to spawn Sequels unlike GTA with 15 games in 3 Generations (2D,3D and HD).That why there have only being three games in the Red Dead Series (Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare).If it wasnt for how GTA 4 raised the bar for HD Openworld Games (circa 2008) i dont even see RDR being possible.Even Rockstar said making RDR was a "Pain".I am not hating,that just the fact.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by Official General, 12 February 2014 - 02:43 AM.

This  :^:

RDR is Rockstar's best game of the last generation, better than GTA V. I think most Rockstar fans would agree on that. 

GTA V's countryside and wilderness looked good enough though, it's just that it was very poorly designed and lacking decent animal life.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

RDR is Rockstar's best game of the last generation, better than GTA V. I think most Rockstar fans would agree on that. 

Every true fan would. Fanboys won't. 

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:42 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 12 February 2014 - 02:42 AM.

You have a bad habit of acting like your opinions are fact, and making plain retarded assumptions like that.

BTW: I do like RDR more than GTA V, so don't even start

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:43 AM Edited by redx165, 12 February 2014 - 02:44 AM.

You have a bad habit of acting like your opinions are fact, and making plain retarded assumptions like that.

No where did I say my opinion was fact. I agree with General and said every true fan would. No where did I say its a fact RDR is better than V. 

You must of replied to the wrong post. You even admit you like it more. You're a true fan to Rockstar. Most would just say GTA V is better cause its new or more popular. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:45 AM

Maybe just maybe they have a different opinion than you. I know it is shocking but it's true.

No where did I say my opinion was fact. I agree with General and said every true fan would. No where did I say its a fact RDR is better than V. 

You must of replied to the wrong post. 

Who made you the judge of who is and isn't a true fan?

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Well, going by your other things, such as:

"R* focused mostly on Online!"

Oh, and the amazing:

"GOTY is fact!"

Plus, you literally just said: "Every true fan would"

That is literally using your opinion as fact. Right as you deny it. I mean, really...

VercettiCrimeFamily
  • VercettiCrimeFamily

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Brings me back to RDR really enjoyed my experience playing the Undeadnightmare DLC great fun,

Yeah that's what I thought glad someone shares my enthusiasm. 

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:51 AM Edited by redx165, 12 February 2014 - 02:52 AM.

Maybe just maybe they have a different opinion than you. I know it is shocking but it's true.

Someone who has been playing GTA since the beginning. Someone who played games back in the day when it was about gameplay. 

Have you seen some people's reason they like V over RDR or SA. 

Better Graphics? Really
Bigger Map? I could say that good but the lack of detail in the countryside makes the map look bad once you leave the city. 

Online? These are the fake fans that started gaming in the PS3/360 era. 

@Master

Let's not get on about why GTA Online was more focus. We all see why it is. Open your eyes and see that there is just way more sh*t to do on there. Even money is more harder to get. 

GOTY is a fact. Why do you think its called Game of the Year? 

I said every true fan would replying to General. If I used that as a opinion going on a fact I would of said Every true fan of Rockstar knows RDR is better than GTA V and that's a fact. Did I say that? No I didn't. 

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:57 AM

Personally I think RDR has a better story and environment fidelity as quite frankly the wilderness in GTA V feels cheaper and not as authentic, but GTA V is fun in its own right and probably has more stuff to do in general.

If I had to pick one I would say RDR because of John Marston who is a born legend and GTA V has Trevor. Marks lost there.

• alz, Raavi and Geralt of Rivia like this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:58 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 12 February 2014 - 03:01 AM.

@Master

Let's not get on about why GTA Online was more focus. We all see why it is. Open your eyes and see that there is just way more sh*t to do on there. Even money is more harder to get. 

I said every true fan would replying to General. If I used that as a opinion going on a fact I would of said Every true fan of Rockstar knows RDR is better than GTA V and that's a fact. Did I say that? No I didn't. 

... :facedesk:

Yep, I'm done.

Actually, you know what? One more time:

To...

Every true fan would.

^^^Opinion as fact. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

Someone who has been playing GTA since the beginning. Someone who played games back in the day when it was about gameplay. 

Better Graphics? Really
Bigger Map? I could say that good but the lack of detail in the countryside makes the map look bad once you leave the city. 

@Master

I have been playing GTA since III and I used to damn live at the arcade playing Street Fighter 2 yet I still think GTA V is a great game. Also back in the day people cared about graphics as well. I remember people creaming their pants over Donkey Kong Country. 

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:23 AM

Better Graphics? Really

@Master

I have been playing GTA since III and I used to damn live at the arcade playing Street Fighter 2 yet I still think GTA V is a great game. Also back in the day people cared about graphics as well. I remember people creaming their pants over Donkey Kong Country. 

Really now? Until PS3/360 people never cared about graphics as much as they do now. Maybe it something to do with HD games that make people really care for graphics. 

Back with GTA VC and SA. They downgraded the graphics of San Andreas and added a whole bunch of sh*t. Why is it that Rockstar focuses so much on graphics that in a few years it will get out beat by their latest title. 

GTA V main focus must of been GTA Online and Graphics. 

Red Dead Redemption main focus must of been Story and Graphics/environment. 

GTA IV main focus must of been Story and getting the engine to run on PS3/360. 

MP3 main focus must of been Online and Graphics again. 

Why is it that Rockstar now focuses so hard on graphics? They never did that sh*t with the PS2 era. 

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:25 AM Edited by Mr.Aaron, 12 February 2014 - 03:28 AM.

I don't think RDR is a better game than GTA V and I am a fan of both. I'd say they are almost on par with each other with GTA have a slight edge which is to be expected.

But I guess I am not a "true fan" because I don't agree with someone's opinion on an Internet forum.

And I would not be mentioning the word "fanboy" with said forum signature.

redx165
  • redx165

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

I don't think RDR is a better game than GTA V and I am a fan of both. I'd say they are almost on par with each other with GTA have a slight edge which is to be expected.

But I guess I am not a "true fan" because I don't agree with someone's opinion on an Internet forum.

Signature is proof. 

I find it funny you guys complain about it. Did you ever click the link? They show why PS3 looks better with GTA V than the 360 version. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:30 AM

Lol is good to see Redx coming back,now we need Showstopper to make this thread fun :)

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:32 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 12 February 2014 - 03:37 AM.

Redx, you completely missed the point he was trying to make because you automatically went into your "I'm not a fanboy" defensive stance.

I mean, dude, seriously...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users