Quantcast

» «
Photo

Favourite Character per game (None Protags)

15 replies to this topic
Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by Hodgey., 11 February 2014 - 12:07 AM.

Ok so I'm currently playing through GTA V for the second time and came across Wade again. Wade has some great one liners in the game and makes me laugh every time so it got me to think, what is my favourite character from each GTA III onwards that weren't the protagonist. As most people usually place protagonist towards the top of their favourite lists which is understandable as we do spend all of our time with them while in the game.

For me I would say:

GTA III - Ray Machowski - He was the emobdiment of what I think to be pissed off old detectives. Plus he spent alot of times in male bathrooms :whistle:

GTA VC - Ken Rosenberg - Lets be honest we all know how much Ken was a huge help to Tommy.

GTA SA - Frank Tenpenny - Probably my favourite antagonist in all the GTA games, plus Samuel L Jackson did amazing with the voice acting.

GTA Advance - (Never played)

GTA LCS - Donald Love - I chose this one as he really is the best out of a bad bunch in my opinion. Plus he did eat Avery Carrington.

GTA VCS - Phil Collins - Self explanitory, its f*cking Phil Collins.   

GTA IV - Roman Bellic - How could you not love the little fat bowling f*ck.

GTA TLaD - Jim Fitzgerlad - Very loyal to Johnny K and seemed very cool, I personally would of preferred if he was the protag over Johnny.

GTA TBoGT - Yusuf Amir - He gave us a gold car.

GTA Chinatown Wars - (Never played)

GTA V - Wade Hebert - Probably my favourite non protag of all time. His voice really makes this character :lol:

• ten-a-penny likes this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

My list will be short, considering I've only completed IV and V, but whatever.

GTA III: Not sure, I haven't played enough. I lost all my save data during a power outage and haven't picked it up since then.

GTA VC: Again, I'm not sure. I like Tommy, but the supporting characters feel bland.

GTA SA: Big Smoke

GTA IV: Tie between Packie and Elizebeta

GTA V: Wade

I haven't played Chinatown Wars, Vice City stories or Los Santos stories.

Fortress
  • Fortress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

From III, LCS, and San Andreas, my favorite character is Salvatore Leone. I have no idea why. From Vice City, I'll vote Ken Rosenburg. From IV, I have to say Roman, and then Tony himself from TBoGT. And finally, I liked Dave Norton from V.

Loosestring
  • Loosestring

Paranoid Android

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

GTA III - 8-Ball: A little bit weak in terms of characters, I think 8-Ball is my favourite character after Claude. Liked the way how he speaks.

GTA Vice City - Phil Cassidy: My top favourite character in the game. A crazy, drunk redneck that is obsessed with arms and making boomshines on his own. What else can I want from him?

GTA San Andreas - Frank Tenpenny: I guess he is one of my favourite characters throughout all series and being my top favourite antagonist in GTA series. A great character, a great roleplaying. Plus, thanks to awesome actor Samuel L. Jackson for voicing this well-written foil.

GTA Vice City Stories - Ricardo Diaz: A good choice to make between characters in VCS. I think, in VCS, characters are much more well-written than VC. I eliminated the all characters and Lance, Diaz and Gonzalez made it to the final. Eventually, I picked Diaz. I think Diaz is much more successfully written in Vice City Stories. Shown better with his unpredictable, ambitious side. Also he's much more of a badass in VCS.

GTA IV - Packie McReary: One of my favourite characters throughout all series. With that perfect sense of humor and that drunk culture of an Irish, Packie is a well-written foil and obviously fun to hang for.

GTA The Lost And Damned - Malc: I thought Malc is cool and somewhat badass character. I mean he has good sense of humor but becomes cocky when it comes to himself. It's a shame we can not hang with Malc during TLAD and maybe it would be fun if he's a storyline mission giver. Plus I think Billy Grey would be my second choice although being a total dick to Johnny (I guess I loved his complex characteristic).

GTA Chinatown Wars - Wade Heston: Not sure but I think I'd pick Heston for Chinatown Wars. Was a great help for Huang in his search, that's all.

No choice for LCS and Advance and haven't played V yet.

• Hodgey. likes this

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

GTA III: Salvatore Leone: He's voiced by Frank Vincent, need I say more?

Vice City: Phil Cassidy: Manic, drunk, but surprisingly helpful in a shootout.

San Andreas: The Truth: The memorable quotes, Peter Fonda's funky-as-hell voice, and really his missions were the embodiment of all the stupid over-the-top fun San Andreas was about

Liberty City Stories: Tony's Ma: "Here comes Ma's hitmen!"

Vice City Stories: Lance Vance: It was nice not being stabbed in the back by him at the end of this game (lol spoilers), so I could just enjoy the Lance Vance Dance 

GTA IV: Roman Bellic: I don't know why Roman caught so much flack. He was a nice breath of optimism in the sh*thole of Liberty City. His memorable quotes and one-liners, the way they worked him well into the story, and the infamous "Cousin, let's go bowling!" joke.

The Lost and Damned: Angus Martin/Jason Michaels: It's a shame we didn't get to see more of these two. Angus seemed to be one of the only bikers with his head on straight, his cynical outlook on life, his apathetic, deadpan deep voice. And also Jason, the quite literal "live fast, die young" character in this game, and Bill Burr's voice acting was excellent. "We're gonna kick your f*ckin' ass!"

The Ballad of Gay Tony: Yusif Amir: Ugh, what a cast of unlikable, forgettable characters from this game. Yusif was nice, he's basically just Roman with billions of dollars and some cocaine in the mix.

GTA V: Johnny Klebitz: Herp Derp. Very inaccurately portrayed, yadda yadda yadda.

GTA: O: Anybody in a Pig Mask and Pink Short Shorts and Chrome Adders: Real badass gangsta sh*t.

• theGTAking101 and Fallcreek like this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• BUSTED!
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 26 February 2014 - 05:33 PM.

GTA III: Joey Leone. I really like auto mechanics as characters, and he was friendly enough.

GTA VC: Avery Carrington. He's a funny character, and I think his mega-capitalist attitude meshed really well with the atmosphere in Vice City.

GTA SA: Mike Toreno. Because he's voiced by James Woods, also probably one of the most intriguing characters in a GTA game.

GTA IV: Little Jacob. For being so kind and helpful to Niko. If only one friend were canon, I think it'd be him.

GTA TLaD: I didn't pay much attention. Ashley was a good portrayal of a drug-addicted hoodrat, and I think her relationship with Johnny was kinda interesting, so Ashley.

GTA TBoGT: Mannie was pretty adorable. I didn't pay much attention to these characters either, not that any of them are all that likeable.

GTA Chinatown Wars: Zhou Ming was a fun character.

e: Whoops, forgot GTA V! I didn't really like any of these guys either, I guess maybe Trevor, but he's a protagonist, so I'll pick Patricia because of the little story arc involving her. :3

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:39 AM

GTA III - Asuka. Big help in the story, total badass and kinda funny.

GTA VC - Ricardo Diaz. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!? Also thanks for the house.

GTA SA - Mike Toreno. Very intriguing and great one-liners

GTA IV - Packie McReary - Big help and funny

GTA V - Wade Wade Wade Wade it's Wade Wade Way- i don't know how to work this.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

GTA V - Wade Wade Wade Wade it's Wade Wade Way- i don't know how to work this.

I put down Wade aswell but I'm currently playing through GTA V SP at the moment and think that I underrated the Patricia Madrazo character first time I played through the storyline.

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:10 PM Edited by drr26, 16 February 2014 - 10:13 PM.

III: 8-Ball - Apart from foolishly running onto a ship full of gunners, a cool character 

VC: Phil Cassidy - Boozy guy who can handle a gun, random! Love his laugh

SA: Maccer - BUT I'M A FOOKIN' RASPBERRY!

LCS: Sal - More likeable in the story this time round

VCS: Phil Cassidy - Boozy again!

IV: Roman - Apart from the phone calls a funny guy with a funny accent

TLAD: Billy -  he made me laugh. Nice bike as well

TBOGT: - Tough one here, I'd say Mori but he could also be a douche

V: Lester - Love his appearances in the story, and a unique to the series character

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:34 AM

III: Donald Love. I'm a Twin Peaks fan, need I say more?

VC: Ken Rosenberg. This man is nothing but a total, paranoid, failure in life... But he keeps on trying.

SA: The Truth. I'm never a big fan of the entire government conspiracy thing in GTA, but this guy was a one of the kind.

LCS: Salvatore Leone. I liked him in III and SA, but he was simply more fleshed out in this game.

VCS: Phil Collins. Like stated earlier... Phil mitherf*cking Collins.

IV: Roman Bellic. Like Ken Rosenberg he was nothing but a humourous failure, but he had the will to keep going on no matter what happened.

TLAD: Billy. A purely great GTA antagonist, and not the typical "I'm going to send hundred of men after you because you can't be trusted" sort of guy.

TBOGT: Tony. The only right minded person in the whole game.

Chinatown Wars: Hated everybody

V: Dave Norton. Like Gay Tony, he was the only f*cking down to earth person in this game.

peluche503
  • peluche503

The GSF OG

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:42 PM Edited by peluche503, 17 February 2014 - 02:43 PM.

Alright let's get started:

GTA III: Donald Love - You know you gotta love how this guy speaks

GTA VC: Lance Vance - The backstabbing prick was really loyal up until a point but he was an amazing character.

GTA SA: Woozie - A guy who can do a lot even if he is blind is admirable

GTA LC: Salvatore Leone - This is by far his best portrayal in the series.

GTA VC: Phil Collins - It's amazing that rockstar could pull this off very well, Phil was just a great addition to the game.

GTA IV: Packie - This guy was funny, badass, and overall an expert on the field.

GTA TLAD: Jim - He was the best character in the game and even better than johnny, because of johnny he was killed.

GTA TBOGT: Yusuf - ARAB MONEY!

GTA V : Lamar Davis - "NIgga don't hate me cause I'm beautiful"

Ermac
  • Ermac

PS42WW$

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • Hottest Nigga [All Time]
    GTAF Time Trials Hipster of the Year 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

III: 8 Ball - "I know a place on the edge of the Red Light District where we can lay low..."

VC: Tie between Ricardo Diaz and Steve Scott. I loved Ricardo's rage, and Steve's constant attempts to get sharks into the pr0n film.

SA: Mike Toreno - James Woods. Nuff said.

VCS: Lance Vance - Simply for the LVD.

IV: Little Jacob -  Loyal and a fellow Jamaican. Can't get any better than that.

TLAD: Angus for his down-to-Earthness and bluntness.

TBOGT: Yusuf Amir for obvious reasons.

V: Lamar Davis - The only supporting character in the game that I didn't dislike at all, plus he made me laugh on several occasions.

Rainbow Party
  • Rainbow Party

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

III - Mike Hunt

VC - DJ Toni

Advance - That drunk girl you take for a drive although she has like 2 lines of text

SA - Mike Toreno

LCS - Salvatore is pretty funny compared to how boring the game is

VCS - That army general whatever he is

IV - The FBI chick, forgot her name, the one that you go on a date with and she's undercover

Chinatown Wars - NONE BECAUSE THEY ALL SUCK

Basically GTA has had pretty crappy stories and characters if you ask me. Unlike Saints Row which has top notch story and characters and whoever disagrees with me clearly hasn't played Saints Row 2.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:45 PM Edited by ten-a-penny, 21 February 2014 - 06:46 PM.

I only played SA, IV and V.

GTA SA: Frank Tenpenny- best GTA character

GTA IV: Niko Bellic- dunno guys. I feel something in him. (did I spelt his surname wrong or something?)

GTA V: Waaaaaaaade! :D funnies GTA character of all time :lol:

NO! I don't want a bath!.....

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

.GTA SA: Frank Tenpenny- best GTA character

I wouldn't say he is the best character overall in the GTA series but I might say he is the best antagonist that there has been so far.

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

From what I've played:

IV: Little Jacob.

TLaD: Jim Fitzgerald.

TBoGT: Yusuf Amir.

V: Lamar Davis.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users