Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grieve or mourn for your loved ones here.

40 replies to this topic
I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Sometimes, you need to take a little bit and just mourn the passing of a loved one; wether it be family, friend, or pet. I'm devestated by the recent passing of my dog, Dakota.

We had to put him down Saturday morning because we discovered he had cancer, and only had days to live. He was suffering, he could barely jump off the couch and often fell down the stairs. He was such a trooper. I miss the days when he would endlessly run around outside, playing with his beloved Kong or chewing on a stick he found, sometimes bringing it inside. He loved being at our cabin, he would constantly speed down the trail, now called Dakota Trail, that runs between our cabin and our pond in the middle of the woods. He'd chase us while we were on ATVs, and a lot of times even caught up to us. We would throw sticks in the pond, and he would go swim after them. He loved everyone, and showed that love by putting his head up against you. We'd hang out while I played Xbox, I would sit on the edge of my chair and leave space for him to jump up and sit with me. He would constantly bother me with his Kong, and sometimes I gave in and played catch with him. When he was smaller, he would sit on the top of our couch like a cat, and destroyed the blinds behind it because of his seating position. I've had him for 7 years since I was 7 y/o, so he practically became a part of me. He made my childhood special. I remember adopting him, he was running around playing with all his brothers and sisters, and I asked the owner "Which one's the cuddliest?", to which she showed me him. We brought him home, and called him Dakota, because we took a recent trip to South Dakota and we liked the name. Right when we got there, he hid under a hose reel. He slowly opened up over time, and eventually fell in love with us, as we did with him. He was always there for me when I was feeling down. Whenever I got on the bus for school in the morning, he'd look out the window at me until I left. Whenever I got home, he'd be there at the door waiting for me with his tail wagging. Throughout his entire life, he'd lay next to me every night in bed. He loved being under the blanket, and would sit there trying to get under and rest. He was such a good dog, he never did anything wrong; never got into the garbage, never pooped in the house, never bit, never stole your food, he was perfect. I'm crying writing this all. These past few days have been hard. His death was so unexpected and sudden, I literally woke up to my dad crying, telling me the bad news. He died pretty young, he was only 7, his breed has a life expectancy of 12-14 years. I'm going to love and cherish his memory forever. He was such an angel, so playful and happy to be alive. I'll always miss you, Dakota. See you later.

• Finn 7 five 11, 018361, Audiophile and 2 others like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:51 PM Edited by Hodgey., 10 February 2014 - 06:51 PM.

I dont see this ending well to be honest.

Sorry for your loss though.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Someone's probably going to screw it up.

And thanks, it means a lot.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Well I know what its like to have to put a dog to sleep that you grew up with. So yeah it f*cking sucks.

• I<3GTAV and high91 like this

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:10 PM Edited by 018361, 10 February 2014 - 07:19 PM.

Many people that I know and love have passed away.

The list includes:

-My father

-3 or 4 of my uncles

-2 aunts

-2 grandparents

All before the age of 18. Every year someone would die so it just became the norm. The one that hurt me the most, that still gets to me, is when one of my uncles died. He was in the hospital and we were told he was getting better. Then one night I was in the living room of my house, sitting on the couch when my mom walked in with the phone and had answered it just as she had pulled the chain to turn on the ceiling fan's light. Suddenly her facial expression changed and we knew immediately what had happened. Before she had even said a word tears were just falling out of our eyes like the heaviest downpour you had ever seen. I loved him, he was the only family member who I have ever had a close relationship with. When he died, so did the innocents of the world. It was at that moment that I saw the world as it truly was. An unforgiving hell. When he died everything good in the world had died as well. The atmosphere of the world had just changed to something truly awful. I no longer had his warm loving embrace. Just the cold harshness of the real world. I don't mean to be dramatic, but I am fully convinced that the day I die will be the best day of my life and if heaven exists, god I hope heaven exists, that will be a bonus assuming I would pass as a half decent human being. They all had died much earlier then they should have. I know it's selfish of me, but I just know that we would be much better off if they had lived to a proper age. 

Note: sorry for " darkening " the topic. It's just nice to get the feelings that you can out and properly express yourself and vent when you have no other means to do so. 

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Well this topic is dark as f*ck.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Many people that I know and love have passed away.

The list includes:

-My father

-3 or 4 of my uncles

-2 aunts

-2 grandparents

All before the age of 18. Every year someone would die so it just became the norm. The one that hurt me the most, that still gets to me, is when one of my uncles died. He was in the hospital and we were told he was getting better. Then one night I was in the living room of my house, sitting on the couch when my mom walked in with the phone and had answered it just as she had pulled the chain to turn on the ceiling fan's light. Suddenly her facial expression changed and we knew immediately what had happened. Before she had even said a word tears were just falling out of our eyes like the heaviest downpour you had ever seen. I loved him, he was the only family member who I have ever had a close relationship with. When he died, so did the innocents of the world. It was at that moment that I saw the world as it truly was. An unforgiving hell. When he died everything good in the world had died as well. The atmosphere of the world had just changed to something truly awful. I no longer had his warm loving embrace. Just the cold harshness of the real world. I don't mean to be dramatic, but I am fully convinced that the day I die will be the best day of my life and if heaven exists, god I hope heaven exists, that will be a bonus assuming I would pass as a half decent human being. 

Couldn't imagine so much before my childhood's even over. Sorry for your loss, death really sucks  :/

• 018361 likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

I've seen some dumb topics on internet forum but this one tops them all. What possessed you to think that this would be a good idea, you morbid f*ck?

I'm sorry for your f*ckin' dog, may she rest in peace.

• DJ Arrt likes this

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

I've seen some dumb topics on internet forum but this one tops them all. What possessed you to think that this would be a good idea, you morbid f*ck?

You've got to try harder than this, this is weak 3/10 post.

• Mick. likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:04 PM Edited by The Yokel, 10 February 2014 - 08:04 PM.

There's a scale now? I've been here a while but I don't remember getting the memo. I guess I don't hang around the cool kids like you.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

There's a scale now? I've been here a while but I don't remember getting the memo. I guess I don't hang around the cool kids like you.

Clearly not, the cool kids would do a better job at this. Don't worry though, you probably won't be here for much longer!

• Pyrrhic likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Clearly not, the cool kids would do a better job at this. Don't worry though, you probably won't be here for much longer!

You forgot to rate my post. Stab in the dark, it was a 2/10, right?

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

You forgot to rate my post. Stab in the dark, it was a 2/10, right?

Nah, I'm a nice guy. 4/10. Points for effort, but overall usage was kind of cliche 'didn't get the memo', 'don't hang with the cool kids' this ain't the 90s man.

• Finn 7 five 11 and Pyrrhic like this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

What? I made this so people can grieve when you can't go anywhere else. Sorry you think I'm a morbid f*ck.

• Audiophile, Scaglietti and high91 like this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

You guessed right.

Sorry for your loss, OP. I hope your grief is comforted well.

• I<3GTAV likes this

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

To 'The Yokel', please f*ck off and let these people mourn from their loss. If anything, you're sick and morbid for calling these people 'sick' when they're clearly not in a state of mind to be called that.
  • Finn 7 five 11, na89340qv0n34b09q340, 018361 and 5 others like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Told you someone would do something sooner or later.

• I<3GTAV likes this

Frank Brown
  • Frank Brown

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

What the f*ck.

• I<3GTAV and Scaglietti like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

My dad f*cking rocked. He got me into model trains, classic rock, the thought of paratrooping, and even played GTA with me once or twice.

I f*cking miss you dad amigo. You would've rocked everybody's socks off with your kickass mustache and ponytail.

1044666_549649371757464_768185776_n.jpg

• 018361, Th3MaN1, Mick. and 4 others like this

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

My dad f*cking rocked. He got me into model trains, classic rock, the thought of paratrooping, and even played GTA with me once or twice.

I f*cking miss you dad amigo. You would've rocked everybody's socks off with your kickass mustache and ponytail.

1044666_549649371757464_768185776_n.jpg

Sorry about that man.
  • universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

-snip for the quote-

Sorry about that man.

Tis cool. I try my best to be like him. Only things that we don't have in common are that I'm not in the army and I don't have a ponytail like his.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:03 PM Edited by Flynny, 10 February 2014 - 11:05 PM.

I haven't lost many loved ones, I have been lucky, but I did lose my mother when I was 17. 32 days before my 18th birthday. I was depressed afterwards for such a long time. The single most important person in my life just gone in an instant. The circumstances were a total mind-f*ck as well I don't understand it to this day. The worst day of my life without a doubt and an event that crushed me.

However had this horrible event not happened i would not be at the university I am at now hence I would not have come back to gtaforums and made several good friends here. It took over 2 years but the silver lining appeared eventually. I guess it is true that every cloud, no matter how dark, has a silver lining, because that was one dark-ass cloud. Like end of the world storm that covers the entirety of Europe cloud 

• 018361, Th3MaN1 and Frank Brown like this

DJ Arrt
  • DJ Arrt

Dreamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

This thread is depressing because of the fact that you're basically telling people to mourn a loved one. But I'll play ball.

I miss my aunt Tanya. I didn't know her all to well when I was younger, but I remember she was one of the nicest ladies ever, and she dated Mike Tyson.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

This is too sad for me. I'm sorry for everyone's loss.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

My condolences on your dog, man.

My dog is currently 9 years old, turning 10 in August and this is the fear I have. I dread the day that she has to leave us. My cat is 12 years old, so I know that's coming soon, too.

Our pets are with us for so little, but they have such an impact on our lives.

I know it sounds difficult but the best thing you can do, if you so desire, is adopt another dog. Give another dog a home, man. There's so many of them that need one.

• I<3GTAV likes this

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:40 AM Edited by Coat., 11 February 2014 - 03:41 AM.

My pet bird flew away only a few months back. I hand raised him and tamed him and he was like a son to me. It was hard to just let my heart go on and try to move on with life but not hearing his tweets and chirps in the afternoons and mornings really ruins me. I'm still forever grateful he came into my life. Perhaps him leaving and flying away really empathised how much love I had and still have for him.

I hate having pets because they take a part of your heart but when they leave, they also take that part with them. I'm trying to think of this thread instead if being a mournful thread, rather a celebration of life thread. I'm sure all your deceased friends and family would want you to celebrate their life rather than grieve.

Of course it's a normal stage of death, but the grass is greener on the other side. I know it's hard to accept that life goes on and you'll feel better, but sometimes you have to believe that and strive on with your own life.

Don't let the past hold you back. Because it's not the past that's holding you back, it's you that's holding you back.
  • Finn 7 five 11, 018361, Audiophile and 2 others like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:54 AM

Get out of the Yardies you deluded, sick f*ck. What a retarded post. So inconsiderate
  • Mick. and I<3GTAV like this

high91
  • high91

Eminem- Infinite-1996-313

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

This thread brought a tear to my eye :cry:

Sometimes we get so caught up in living we forget the passed and loved.

SOMETIMES real people need to grieve and let some tears out of their rusty cage.

As for people who were un-empathetic NALE DIXON and THE YOKEL...I can only imagine what you are like in real life and I bet its not pretty. 

Its people who don't care and abuse people minds that ruin this world :v:  YOU BOTH SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Lets hope you never have children!!!!!

• 018361 and I<3GTAV like this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

Vanja, usually I appreciate you, but that was really left field man.

Anyway, i'm lucky that i've never lost a childhood pet, My dog I got when I was 7 is pushing 15 years old now, which is surprising, such a massive, fluffy thing, I love my dog, going to be real upset when he's gone. See the thing with pets is that unlike people, they don't live very long, and that they're always there, just waiting for you, no matter what, until they're gone, and it makes me feel bad thinking about if I gave him a good life or not, must suck man, sorry for your loss there buddy.

The only other loss that still bugs me is one of my mates, about a 13 months ago he got into an argument at a bar, got really angry and decided to ride his motorbike home, hit a tree at like 140km/h. It's really sad because he'd been living in Queensland about 1400 kilometres away from his mum and dad, He had Quit his job two weeks earlier as a chef at some really popular restaurant and was moving down to be closer to his parents the next day. He didn't answer his phone when his dad called in the morning to check if he was still coming, and then the police rang him up. When I get drunk I always remember it and raise a glass. 
To Ryan.

• 018361, I<3GTAV and high91 like this

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

This thread is depressing because of the fact that you're basically telling people to mourn a loved one.

Only if you need too.

Sorry for everyone's losses. Coat's right, family and friends never want to see you down (usually), so instead of mourning, we all should celebrate.

And thank you to everyone for your condolences.

• high91 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users