Photo

The GTA V and San Andreas feeling.

45 replies to this topic
richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

When it came to hype I would say they were equally as high but I know most would probably say GTA V had more hype than SA. The storyline in my opinion was fantastic for both games and even though San Andreas only had one playable character the storyline didn't seem to drag on. I know the maps bigger, graphics are better and there's more to do in V but I don't get that same feeling I do when I play V as I do with San Andreas does anyone else get this? 

• darkwar854 and theGTAking101 like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

To me, San Andreas felt somewhat dull. To be honest no GTA will ever feel the same as III did, there was just some type of magic and charm to it Rockstar has never been able to emulate.
  • SonOfLiberty, Th3MaN1, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Mélomanie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

Yeah, I got that same feeling with San Andreas, it's hard to describe, but ..it's that 90's charm you know? It's sort of like III and LCS too, I mean the radio, the city, the f*cking atmosphere made those games.

• darkwar854 likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

I never felt like San Andreas had any charm or atmosphere. Certainly not like GTA III and VC did anyway IMO.

• Hodgey., 02fishera, Th3MaN1 and 1 other like this

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

San Andreas is still the best GTA for me. I mean, VC and III were great too, but nothing like SA.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

SA is to the 3D Era like how TLAD is to the HD Era,They are both Gang-Theme Games,one about African American and the other about Outlaw Bikers.Both Great Games and i would say TLAD was a spiritual successor to SA.and both Game Influenced alot of Gang Themed "GTA Clones" i.e.
The First two Saints Row,Ride to Hell,Gangster Miami etc.GTA 5 is a main game so it 100x better than SA.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Ice cold slavic killer

• Serbia

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

To me, San Andreas felt somewhat dull. To be honest no GTA will ever feel the same as III did, there was just some type of magic and charm to it Rockstar has never been able to emulate.

Well to be fair that's never going to happen again unless R* can find a way to revolutionize the genre in such an epic fashion. It's pretty much impossible to emulate that feeling GTA III had back in 2001. Or early 2002 for me since it was originally banned over here.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Well to be fair that's never going to happen again unless R* can find a way to revolutionize the genre in such an epic fashion. It's pretty much impossible to emulate that feeling GTA III had back in 2001. Or early 2002 for me since it was originally banned over here.

Not only did GTA 3 Revolutionised and Popularised the Genre forever,but it made the GTA Franchise a Mega Blockbuster (Giant) Franchise and the Ruler of the Genre till this day.we also have to remember GTA 4 also Revolutionised HD Openworld Games.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:04 PM

SA is to the 3D Era like how TLAD is to the HD Era,They are both Gang-Theme Games,one about African American and the other about Outlaw Bikers.Both Great Games and i would say TLAD was a spiritual successor to SA.and both Game Influenced alot of Gang Themed "GTA Clones" i.e.
The First two Saints Row,Ride to Hell,Gangster Miami etc.GTA 5 is a main game so it 100x better than SA.

TLAD is gang themed? That's an utter insult Motorcycle Clubs everywhere.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:11 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 11 February 2014 - 12:25 PM.

TLAD is gang themed? That's an
utter insult Motorcycle Clubs everywhere.

It is,Gangwars,Biker Gangs,an advanced gang back up like SA (clay and terry) ability to buy guns or gangs mates dropping weapons at the Clubhouse and then the retooled Bike Physics,Shotgun Drive-by etc.Infact it took SA's Legacy and expands on it even though it an Expansion Game.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

It is,Gangwars,Biker Gangs etc.
Spoiler

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

It is,Gangwars,Biker Gangs etc.
Spoiler

alright my bad.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:33 PM Edited by Hodgey., 11 February 2014 - 12:34 PM.

Like others have said it i hard for R* to emulate what they did with the feeling of GTA III or GTA VC (I personally think GTA VC is the best in the series, so far) As for the comaprison between GTA SA and GTA V, I think its hard to compare it with things such as graphics, map size etc as the PS2 had limitations that the PS3 didn't.

The only thing you can really compare in my opinion is gameplay and characters/storyline. So for me I would say that I prefered GTA V over GTA SA. Personally GTA SA had great potential to be the best storyline up until the first few missions after you got to San Fierro then it just got a bit to cartoony for me and the second half of the game spoiled the first half. As for the gameplay I do prefer GTA V but again I also think that time and advancment in technology helped GTA V to have better gameplay than GTA SA, still I think they could of had free aim and a few other options in GTA SA that they didn't have.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:08 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 11 February 2014 - 01:09 PM.

Even though GTA III (3) and GTA IV (4) Revolutionised and with the former popularising the Genre till this day,the overall 15 GTA games are Great and Unique.plus without GTA (1997) and GTA 2 (1999),GTA 3 wouldnt have been released in 2001.and those two games were the early steps up of the Genre,even though they had top down view with 2D graphics,i.e.GTA 2 had multiplayer,Police Roadblocks,Peds,day and night cycle etc.these were what laid a solid foundation for GTA III.and i am sure GTA IV and GTA V have laid a solid foundation for next-gen GTAs.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

Even though GTA III (3) and GTA IV (4) Revolutionised and with the former popularising the Genre till this day,the overall 15 GTA games are Great and Unique.plus without GTA (1997) and GTA 2 (1999),GTA 3 wouldnt have been released in 2001.and those two games were the early steps up of the Genre,even though they had top down view with 2D graphics,i.e.GTA 2 had multiplayer,Police Roadblocks,Peds,day and night cycle etc.these were what laid a solid foundation for GTA III.and i am sure GTA IV and GTA V have laid a solid foundation for next-gen GTAs.

Of course. You cant move forward with a franchise if the previous games have been terrible and people haven't bought them. Right now GTA V is going through what GTA IV did and thats the stage where people love to complain about it like they did with GTA IV.

Now people who complained about GTA IV are the ones that use GTA IV as a marker to what GTA V should of been. Im sure that this will continue for as long as the series is as succesful as it is.

The next gen GTA's will be great as R* have tried numerous options within the last two GTA games and Im sure that they will see what people liked and what they didn't and add them to GTA VI as well as trying new inovations to make the next set of GTA games even greater so that they provide a even greater platform for the GTA's after them.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Of course. You cant move forward with a franchise if the previous games have been terrible and people haven't bought them. Right now GTA V is going through what GTA IV did and thats the stage where people love to complain about it like they did with GTA IV.
Now people who complained about GTA IV are the ones that use GTA IV as a marker to what GTA V should of been. Im sure that this will continue for as long as the series is as succesful as it is.
The next gen GTA's will be great as R* have tried numerous options within the last two GTA games and Im sure that they will see what people liked and what they didn't and add them to GTA VI as well as trying new inovations to make the next set of GTA games even greater so that they provide a even greater platform for the GTA's after them.

What a Great and Wise Speech Bro :)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

671256e55e7b94c478f77c4dd2aa2641afb98ec7

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

671256e55e7b94c478f77c4dd2aa2641afb98ec7

Lol.But tbh i am serious and i mean it :)
  • Hodgey. likes this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Not always, but I had the same feeling in V just in a few moments, really accidental. That's somewhat nostalgia related.
San Andreas had a dark world, except in LS shiny days, near Vinewood or beaches.
But V's atmosphere is very similar to VC, shiny funny gaudy happy all the time.

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

PC MASTER RACE

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

San Andreas for me is best GTA after GTA V :)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Not always, but I had the same feeling in V just in a few moments, really accidental. That's somewhat nostalgia related.
San Andreas had a dark world, except in LS shiny days, near Vinewood or beaches.
But V's atmosphere is very similar to VC, shiny funny gaudy happy all the time.

I'd say that GTA V was alot more sunny, happy etc than GTA VC was.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

Vice city also had that magic.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

GTA VC had that magic more than any other GTA game so far. I say that it had it more than GTA III as although GTA III was more inovative for the series in general it didn't capture 2001 aswell as GTA VC captured the feeling of 1986

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

Both games had great gameplay, but awful plots.

The big difference being that SA's map, while big, was mostly made up of cheap "copy-paste" jobs. V's map actually looks decent.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

GTA Vice City Reloaded Project Leader

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

GTA VC had that magic more than any other GTA game so far. I say that it had it more than GTA III as although GTA III was more inovative for the series in general it didn't capture 2001 aswell as GTA VC captured the feeling of 1986

Pretty much this. Vice City will always stay special.

@universetwisters Yes, PS2 limitations, for it's time San Andreas map was more detailed. It also had three cities and cool places used only in one or two missions. R* always put more effort in details than in size, as you can see in IV. Liberty City was greatly done with more amount of details even more than Los Santos has. And atmosphere also fits New York perfectly. Unlike Just Cause 2 that has way bigger map than V but everything is copy-paste and non used places in storyline. I prefer V's map that has medium size but much detailed than way bigger map but with nothing to see there and no detail, if we are talking about PS3.

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

When it came to hype I would say they were equally as high but I know most would probably say GTA V had more hype than SA. The storyline in my opinion was fantastic for both games and even though San Andreas only had one playable character the storyline didn't seem to drag on. I know the maps bigger, graphics are better and there's more to do in V but I don't get that same feeling I do when I play V as I do with San Andreas does anyone else get this? 

There's lots more to do in San Andreas.. .

Gambling

Pool (one of the best pool simulators... and it's a mini game)

Two additional cities (and a reason to visit them)

Jet Pack (okay... not really something to do but... )

Two separate fighting fixed wing aircraft (WWII and HYDRA)

Exercise (to get and stay strong)

Eat (to get fat/skinny, etc)

Gone in sixty seconds style list of cars to collect

Police mission

Taxi missions

Firefighting missions

Ambulance Missions

I'm sure I missed some...

Plus even though they say the area is smaller - it sure felt a lot bigger... GTAV sure must waste a lot of space if it's really four times the size of GTA:SA...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

@universetwisters Yes, PS2 limitations, for it's time San Andreas map was more detailed. It also had three cities and cool places used only in one or two missions. R* always put more effort in details than in size, as you can see in IV. Liberty City was greatly done with more amount of details even more than Los Santos has. And atmosphere also fits New York perfectly. Unlike Just Cause 2 that has way bigger map than V but everything is copy-paste and non used places in storyline. I prefer V's map that has medium size but much detailed than way bigger map but with nothing to see there and no detail, if we are talking about PS3.

Of course, San Andreas was good at it's time, but now, it feels cheap. I'm not sure if it's because I matured or if I've been around games with better gameplay and graphics, but going back to San Andreas kinda feels like moving back into a dingy trailer park after living in a hilltop mansion for many years. Not to mention the "cheapness" of the setting when you compare it to III and Vice City.

Was San Andreas good for it's time? Totally. Was it memorable? Meh. Was it rushed? That it was.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

fnxrak
  • fnxrak

"Does the Pope sh*t in the Woods?"

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:49 AM Edited by fnxrak, 13 February 2014 - 02:53 AM.

San Andreas 4life the only one that can compete with it it's Vice City and only because of the 80's feeling, but San Andreas is and will be the most complete game of the series, not because you can change almost everything in your character, not because it introduced the modding of cars, not because it bring back the 90's feeling and not because of the great actors that bring the characters to life, but mostly because of all that and all the small details and surprises the game offers along the way, because of the players that keep it alive for 10 f*cking years and still have that feeling of something new of something different. I must say I love GTA series even the stories and GTA IV in some level but GTA 3rd era was and will be the ultimate step forward of the gaming. Hell the 1st thing I did when I first palyed GTA III was changing the 3d camera to the upper view because I had no control of the player LOLOLOL but SA has that special thing that makes me want to play it over and over again so that I can be everytime a bit better at it. Sure it doesn't have a highly detailed graphics and the physics is highly obsolete, but hell it can beat up any game of the series in it's playability and challenges it can offer, if not the ones scripted the ones the players make.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

GTA Vice City Reloaded Project Leader

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Of course, San Andreas was good at it's time, but now, it feels cheap. I'm not sure if it's because I matured or if I've been around games with better gameplay and graphics, but going back to San Andreas kinda feels like moving back into a dingy trailer park after living in a hilltop mansion for many years. Not to mention the "cheapness" of the setting when you compare it to III and Vice City.

Was San Andreas good for it's time? Totally. Was it memorable? Meh. Was it rushed? That it was.

Yes.  :^:

But for me, it's like this. Once good game, always good game. When i play Vice City, III, San Andreas, Mario, Legend of Zelda and many games from 90's, early 2000s i still can find fun and something unique about them. It's not i hate newer games. I just play them for fun. Games are made for fun. I find fun and unique things in every game on it's own way. But seems like that rule doesn't work here. But i think this is the right way. As i said million times and i'm bored to write everything again, shortly it's not worth quarrel with people here. Because from normal discussion it becomes a war. Anyway, i guess you see what i mean here. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Go eat your mom's ass

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by B Dawg, 14 February 2014 - 11:22 AM.

There's lots more to do in San Andreas.. .

bigasslist

Vigilante, 10x the cheats, race tracks, monster trucks, race cars, ... SA did better with 2 years of development than V did in 5 years hahaha :lol:

• PaulDPearl likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users