67 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

No.  GTA isn't fun without them.  Anyone can reach 100% with dying dozens of times, getting busted, and cheating.

Try doing it without any of that, while maintaining all your Vehicles without them disappearing.  NOW THAT....Is a challenge.  I am always up for a challenge.  Without a challenge, it's too easy...

Blue
  • Blue

• Facade Corporation
  • Portugal
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2016 [Runner-up]

Posted 13 June 2015 - 11:14 AM

Nice ideas some ppl posted. I might just make some of them real, or try at least :)

WhatKilledU
  • WhatKilledU

''When we want you, we'll find you''

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

This would be cool,imagine the potential with all the people throughout Los Santos.

HackerDetected
  • HackerDetected

I Can See My House From There!!!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

SAS is a police name. That's why R* can't make GTA SAS it will be confusing.

Drunk Tony
  • Drunk Tony

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:48 AM

I think it would be around 1989-1990. You would probably play as Brian Johnson or Carl Johnson's father.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:23 AM

PLEASE, "Carl's Father" is a dead issue. There are no photographs, and especially important: NO ONE mentions Him.

For all practical purposes he is the "never present" male being of the family. Most likely he is an unknown entity, never to surface.

line of chop
  • line of chop

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:30 PM

Rockstar leeds studio head said himself they could fit san andreas onto a umd it is just the question whether they will do it. The answer was no they never did do it. Shame it never got made.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Completionist

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:06 PM

It would have been great to play San Andreas Stories, but Rockstar moved onto bigger and better things instead of making it. San Andreas would be quite a challenge to render on PSP, I think. The whole state would have to be redrawn without as many polygons and Rockstar would not have taken a step back by reintroducing loading screens. I'd say San Andreas Stories would have been seriously discussed at Rockstar, and I'm curious as to how far they went with the idea.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

ParanoiNigga
  • ParanoiNigga

zxbdhdhry

• New Members
  • India

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:59 PM

Never worry lads R* may release it on 2025.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:02 AM Edited by Osho, 12 January 2016 - 08:05 AM.

I will immediately pay for the prequel released as a complete edition allowing us to play as separate episodes similar to EFLC. This should also mean that the developers may even rework on the game by patching, fixing and improving it further by adding loads of extra missions for the characters, and secondary content with the PS3/X360 ( or NG ) in mind for selling it.
Man. It'll blow IV and V out of the water. Unfortunately, its not going to happen.
Rockstar wasted a massive potential to deliver This Millennium's :p Best open world sandbox game version of GTA SA. :/
  • Light Syde Riandy likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:11 PM

I was think more along the lines of Making it a "Complete" or "ultimate"  edition. Where every cut thing that was going to be in the game (obviously fixed). From Missions, side quests, characters and models, buildings and interiors, the extra mini games, vehicles. etc. All compressed into a Blue ray disc.  Just watch GTA SERIES VIDEOS "GTA San Andreas Beta topic".  And you know what i will be talking about. I would truly put my money on that. 

• Light Syde Riandy likes this

Videogames888
  • Videogames888

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

It would be cool, but it won't happen.
  • Sweet Bellic likes this

marcellvmi
  • marcellvmi

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Hungary

Posted 23 January 2016 - 11:15 AM

Dream mobile release list:
2016 GTA Vice City Stories
2017 GTA San Andreas Stories (mobil exclusive)
2018 GTA IV

That would be just aaawsooomee! :)

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:00 PM

I know that the post was made over a year ago, but can I divert attention back to the fanmade wikia article.

Ryder as protagonist -> Only 36 swears

...wut.

Dream-_-Traveler
  • Dream-_-Traveler

Thanks4TheMemoriesGTAIV <3 ILY ALL.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2016 - 05:09 PM Edited by DreamTraveler2, 30 January 2016 - 05:11 PM.

I think this should be CJs time before he left for LC and during his time in LC.
During his time in LC the game should switch to Claude and his time in SA. While in SA the game should have cutscenes showing important events while CJ is in LC.

Kind of like two tales being told together.

I believe this would have been the most "canon" approach. Only because of R*'s history with their other Stories.

Gangster_-Ƶ
  • Gangster_-Ƶ

ho ho ho

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:10 AM Edited by lil weasel, 31 May 2016 - 06:00 PM.

EDIT: << New Topic merged into Existing Topic >>

OK, clearly Rockstar didn't make a GTA SA Stories, but let's imagine if they did, what do you think it would be about? Comment below your GTA: San Andreas Stories.

Light Syde Riandy
  • Light Syde Riandy

LSR

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

I know alot of people will disagree but what about the Grove gang and the Main Characters from the original game only serve as cameo figures? Just like GTA EFLC.

If the sandbox version of the game cannot be done since it doesn't fit PSP's memory, then why not just downgrade the game into regular 3rd person shooter and change the title into "A Backstory in San Andreas"? I mean, come on. Better than keep making cash grab only games like GTA V, right?

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

If they did make a San Andreas prequel, I'm certain they'd make a Los Santos Stories, I highly doubt they could fit the entire state of San Andreas onto the PSP.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2016 - 04:51 AM Edited by Zello, 03 June 2016 - 05:32 AM.

I think if R* ever released a "San Andreas Stories" they would haved focused on only one city because San Andreas was a huge ass map and the PSP probably couldn't support it. They could have chosen San Fierro and call the game San Fierro stories and set it in the 1970's.

Azurex
  • Azurex

✓ Certified trash

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:50 AM Edited by Azurex, 03 June 2016 - 06:51 AM.

Here are two reasons as to why I believe SAS was never released;

1) San Andreas was still relatively new, and so pre-existing copies of San Andreas may not have sold. SAS could have been seen as an 'upgrade'; essentially making the original San Andreas seem unworthy of purchase to the average Joe.

2) Scale. San Andreas is massive, and the original PS2 release already cut enough corners just to get it running at an 'acceptable' framerate. Textures and models were comparatively much lower quality than those of the previous games. I'd imagine that getting it running on a PSP would have been an enormous undertaking, that Rockstar just didn't see the value in doing.

As for how SAS could have been? I believe Rockstar would have centered the story around the Ballas, personally.

• Videogames888 likes this

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Anywhere City Survivor

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:56 AM

I think that if Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were also made available for PC players (and possibly XBox players), that would have greatly increased the chances of a San Andreas Stories.

Like Azurex said above, the scale of San Andreas would have been way too much for the PSP to handle, even if the game was made with the quality of Advance.

My idea for a San Andreas Stories is actually fully fleshed out (I will not post it on these forums, however), and it centers on Mike Toreno and the rise of the Loco Syndicate. Toreno is sent to San Fierro on a government job,

his superior agent is the main antagonist, and Toreno's operations coincidentally help those of his future Loco Syndicate allies, leading to the unlikely but fruitful friendships.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

Cesar would've been a great protagonist for San Andreas stories...
  • GTA-Biker likes this

catfromnesbox
  • catfromnesbox

Trick

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

Dream mobile release list:
2016 GTA Vice City Stories
2017 GTA San Andreas Stories (mobil exclusive)
2018 GTA IV

That would be just aaawsooomee! :)

i have a questings. did R* even finished or at least started to develop san andreas stories after gta vcs?

if no... then there wont be san andreas stories for mobiles in 2017 or in future.

if yes... then R* could just release it for ps2. hey gta stories wasn't psp exclusive, it was sony exclusive and ps2 was made by sony. if gta stories was really psp exclusive? then how come gta lcs and gta vcs was released for ps2 if those games were psp exclusive?

freightman
  • freightman

Player Hater

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Ok I saw this topic, Nice Idea, but why does people want it to set in Liberty City?? What is then the point of its name SAN ANDREAS Stories? Should Liberty City Stories then have been set in Los Santos?? You guys should think of, Stories is not about the protagonist from the original base game, but about the city and locations.

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:09 PM Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 21 March 2017 - 12:14 PM.

Ls stories should take place a year or some months before carl comes back and the protagonist  should be either sweet , a baller member or cesar. Ls would be the main featured city theres no san fierro or las venturas and there would be some red county area with angel pine and mt chiliad being the only town. A new area would be featured based on long beach with a new families set. It would be released on ps vita with gta v last gen graphics engine

Terrc87
  • Terrc87

Crackhead

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:31 PM

I think SAS would focused on how Brian dead and how GSF split into 3 subset. since LS itself is same equal size of Vice City I think LS is the only SA cities appears on SAS even though the unused area like SF and LV would only contain LOD and to prevent the player travel outside LS there should be a hidden barries

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:03 AM

Ls stories should take place a year or some months before carl comes back and the protagonist  should be either sweet , a baller member or cesar. Ls would be the main featured city theres no san fierro or las venturas and there would be some red county area with angel pine and mt chiliad being the only town. A new area would be featured based on long beach with a new families set. It would be released on ps vita with gta v last gen graphics engine

san andreas already exists in rage engine for gta 4 map format (its basically same engine, no difference between gta 5 and 4 engines), you should maybe say it should be converted to gta 5 map system and then add some story

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:39 AM

nah don't use gta v's map LS stories should be a direct spin off of gta san andreas.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:41 AM

the san andreas old design is in HD rage engine fully, you should look up gtasa/IV mod

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

Since there are two GTA 3D era titles that happen in the 80's, and another two that happen in the 90's, with only one title in the 00's I figure San Andreas Stories should've been in the 70's, if it was ever made. 70's LA, LV and SF sound pretty fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users