My Little Pony: Threadship is Magic

166 replies to this topic
Niobium
  • Niobium

Johnny the Commie

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:01 AM Edited by nobum62, 30 April 2014 - 04:01 AM.

Im a MLP fan (Brony) and me personally, i do think that all the big shouty in you're face dress up ones are a tad wierd. Again me personally, i dont make a big deal of it, but id descus it if i was with other fans of the show.

Quite ironic that you have a pony as your avatar, then.
I have an avatar of johnny k. That means i am shoving TLAD down people's throats, right? No.
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340, Shah Sam, WildBrick142 and 2 others like this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

As a gamer I'm always inclined to post this:

1326462707223.jpg

• Davo the Assassin, Plank., universetwisters and 7 others like this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Poor pinkie :/

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:04 PM

:lol: That really made my day...

BOSS 1992
  • BOSS 1992

aka gnad

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:34 PM

Am I the only one here who was fortunate enough to read the bronies thread in the GTAO section last year?

It was an epic moment, laughed my ass off.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • Seychelles

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

LOL, even her blood is pink.

• Killzone3265 likes this

Special Members
  • Special Members

Mia Khalifa <3 <3 <3

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Im a MLP fan (Brony) and me personally, i do think that all the big shouty in you're face dress up ones are a tad wierd. Again me personally, i dont make a big deal of it, but id descus it if i was with other fans of the show.

Quite ironic that you have a pony as your avatar, then.
I have an avatar of johnny k. That means i am shoving TLAD down people's throats, right? No.

Okay, maybe my comment came a little wrong off, but it´s bascially the people who use a MLP-related avatar that are usually like the people Jioyt described. I didn´t mean to say that Jioyt WAS one of those people. 

• Jioyt 123 likes this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:49 PM Edited by rawrsnar, 30 April 2014 - 10:51 PM.

Am I the only one here who was fortunate enough to read the bronies thread in the GTAO section last year?

You mean this one:

http://gtaforums.com...lux-of-hackers/

Lots of idiots in that thread. Pretty funny though.

Or were you referring to one of the other dozen brony arguments that have happened in that area of the site?

• Killzone3265 likes this

BOSS 1992
  • BOSS 1992

aka gnad

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:57 AM

You mean this one:

http://gtaforums.com...lux-of-hackers/

Lots of idiots in that thread. Pretty funny though.

Or were you referring to one of the other dozen brony arguments that have happened in that area of the site?

The thread got deleted last year, and the OP was banned. I can't remember well what happened but it was fun. 

Dan.
  • Dan.

Cop Killa

• Members

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

why the f*ck do people like this sh*t?

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:11 AM Edited by rawrsnar, 01 May 2014 - 06:13 AM.

why the f*ck do people like this sh*t?

1) they think it's a funny, entertaining show with good characters, 2) they enjoy the active, creative fan base surrounding the show, and 3) they enjoy talking with other people who are into a show and fandom that is so odd, bizzare, interesting and over the top in its contents and defiance of gender stereotypes that it just works.

It's not rocket science.
  • Davo the Assassin, na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Jioyt 123 like this

Anon

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

Hi, I'm a brony :p

Jk, I don't really like that name tbh; it sounds kinda weird and I don't like falling under labels

I got into it about a year ago, some guy on a forum I use said I should watch the show (he had a signature of one of the characters and I thought it was cute), and I was like "woah no way am I watching that"

Anyways I got really curious and just figured why not, worse thing that could happen is me not liking it

I don't even watch it that much anymore, I'm actually behind on the episodes as season 4 is ending I think and there is a confirmed season 5... not sure how I feel about that

I'd much rather look at all the art, watch the animations and listen to the music that people have created and are creating

:3

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 and Flūttershy like this

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

As shop steward...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

Jk, I don't really like that name tbh; it sounds kinda weird and I don't like falling under labels
I got into it about a year ago, some guy on a forum I use said I should watch the show (he had a signature of one of the characters and I thought it was cute), and I was like "woah no way am I watching that"
Anyways I got really curious and just figured why not, worse thing that could happen is me not liking it
I don't even watch it that much anymore, I'm actually behind on the episodes as season 4 is ending I think and there is a confirmed season 5... not sure how I feel about that
I'd much rather look at all the art, watch the animations and listen to the music that people have created and are creating

OMG season 4 ending!!, nuuuuu! Jk. P.s the last episode was really bad( it wasnt just dont tell anyone that though or theyl go watch it)

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

listen to the music that people have created and are creating

I will admit this song is my guilty pleasure.  I don't enjoy MLP in the slightest, but my brony friend showed me it, and it's pretty f*cking awesome

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:25 PM Edited by rawrsnar, 17 May 2014 - 07:27 PM.

Yeah, same here. I've only watched about 20 episodes or so, to be honest. I'm more into fanfiction (not that 'clopping' shtuff) fanart and those funny animations. All of those are addicting as hell.

listen to the music that people have created and are creating

I will admit this song is my guilty pleasure.  I don't enjoy MLP in the slightest, but my brony friend showed me it, and it's pretty f*cking awesome

-snip-

Pretty cool, but strangely I don't really enjoy fan-made music for anything really. 

Arcadax
  • Arcadax

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:52 PM

I am generally of the mindset that you should enjoy whatever makes you happy as long as you're not hurting anyone.
That being said I fail to see any appeal for MLP for anyone over the age of maybe...10? I tried watching it, saw maybe two episodes and one of which had ponies changing baby dirty pony diapers with their mouths...it was like a "Littlest pet shop" kinda moment and it made me cringe to watch as an adult. It didn't help the animation was this super sugary, flat simplistic style devoid of depth or ponies that looked anything like a real pony. More like gummy bears than anything.
So then I watched part of that Brony documentary on Netflix where Bronies explain exactly why it appeals to them and it started to make sense; some teenager would go on and on about the show's valuable life lessons about friendship and it would cut to a clip with an example of what he means. The clip would feature some very, VERY basic, child-like concept of friendship most kids should probably learn around 5 and I got the impression the teen being interviewed never had an actual childhood with friends to play with...they just seemed sheltered and disconnected. 
In general I don't think bronies are pedophiles or mentally handicapped, but I think a lot of them are emotionally troubled and are trying to fill an enormous void that started to form somewhere in early childhood.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, Killerdude8, Biohazard Abyss and 2 others like this

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

As shop steward...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:32 PM Edited by Jioyt 123, 28 May 2014 - 04:20 PM.

So any my little pony: friendship is magic fans here, or is every one here a hater/doesn't watch the show?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users