Photo

My Little Pony: Threadship is Magic

166 replies to this topic
Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:49 PM Edited by Deathmaker158, 09 February 2014 - 10:05 PM.

I see more and more "Bronies" everyday. What encourages adult men to watch such a show? I even saw one guy say that he owns around 30 pony dolls. This left me wondering if there are any Bronies amongst us perhaps? And what is your opinion on the show and fans in general?
  • MarshalMoo likes this

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Most of them are autistic, and just use the show as a way to seek attention. They think people will find it cool that they watch a show for little girls, when in reality people just laugh and cringe at them. An example of one in the wild:

• EyeMacHunt, Governator, iiGh0STt and 3 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

I haven't seen any "bronies"lately. I think the new aspie craze is either Homestuck or Thomas the Train.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Couldn't give a sh*t....

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

What they all aspire to...

129177182782829250.jpg
  • ten-a-penny and XJackalX like this

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

A worthy goal RoadRunner.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:10 PM

This is soooooooo 2013. #LastYear  #f*ckBush #ObamaForChancellor1933

• Mr. House likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

Not even, this was like mid 2012 crap.. hell I haven't seen a "brony" or whatever it's called in like 9 months, I don't know where you browse OP 

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Not even, this was like mid 2012 crap.. hell I haven't seen a "brony" or whatever it's called in like 9 months, I don't know where you browse OP
All the wrong places. Bronies aren't a trend, they're just more active depending on the seasons.

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

There's legitimate bronies who really do love the show, and then there's the ones that Yolo Swaggins is talking about. Either way they have their reasons to watch the show and participate in the fandom or else they wouldn't be doing it. I don't think I've ever been a fan of anything to the degree of owning 30 pony dolls, but when I was a kid on the internet around 2006 Star Wars was really popular like MLP is/was, and I like to blame my sh*t social life on thinking a star wars geek was something to aspire to be.

At least they're happy doing their pony stuff.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

See, this is why I hate stereotypes. No matter what, many of you ignorant people will automatically assume that the Muslim living in Iraq is a terrorist, the black guy in dirty clothes walking down the street is a gangster, and of course that all bronies are creepy, autistic pedophiles.

Truth is, most people just like to watch the show. Some of us may write fanfictions or look at fan art, like me. But the assumption that all of us fap to ponies and spam sh*t on forums is ridiculous, because that's just a small but vocal minority. Every fandom is going to have its bad apples.

Furthermore, simply assuming that simply watching the show makes you autistic or a 'fa**ot' is bullsh*t. It's a TV show that is funny and entertaining, not a Nazi program for f*cks sake. Hell, even if you want to 'clop' who am I to judge? If it makes you happy and doesn't affect me, then good for you.

Long story short, get off your moral superiority high-horses, stop assuming, and grow the hell up. Watching a TV show means nothing but watching a TV show, simple as that.
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340, Shah Sam, WildBrick142 and 4 others like this

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Burn this thread it's diseased
  • *MURDOC*, Stig, Governator and 1 other like this

JKan420
  • JKan420

stoned alcoholic

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Most of them are autistic, and just use the show as a way to seek attention. They think people will find it cool that they watch a show for little girls, when in reality people just laugh and cringe at them. An example of one in the wild:

This video was f*ckin hilarious. Could only get through 4 mins of it tho before I had had enough.

I used to watch Gilmore Girls here and there, but I'd never go get Rory or Lorelei toys.

.2D
  • .2D

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Commonwealth

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

See, this is why I hate stereotypes. No matter what, many of you ignorant people will automatically assume that the Muslim living in Iraq is a terrorist, the black guy in dirty clothes walking down the street is a gangster, and of course that all bronies are creepy, autistic pedophiles.
Truth is, most people just like to watch the show. Some of us may write fanfictions or look at fan art, like me. But the assumption that all of us fap to ponies and spam sh*t on forums is ridiculous, because that's just a small but vocal minority. Every fandom is going to have its bad apples.
Furthermore, simply assuming that simply watching the show makes you autistic or a 'fa**ot' is bullsh*t. It's a TV show that is funny and entertaining, not a Nazi program for f*cks sake. Hell, even if you want to 'clop' who am I to judge? If it makes you happy and doesn't affect me, then good for you.
Long story short, get off your moral superiority high-horses, stop assuming, and grow the hell up. Watching a TV show means nothing but watching a TV show, simple as that.

To be fair mate watching My Little Pony is pretty fa**ot-like.
  • Governator, DMC14 and phunkism like this

phunkism
  • phunkism

Heaven

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:27 PM Edited by phunkism, 06 March 2014 - 09:31 PM.

I agree with OP, they are degenerate and autistic and they should be forced to get professional help

It's not f*cking cool or normal for adults to be obsessed with show for little girls, buying pony clothes and having huge collection of pony toys, they are mentally ill

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:32 PM Edited by rawrsnar, 06 March 2014 - 09:33 PM.

*snip*

Once again, that's the stereotype. Maybe if you, you know, tried watching the show, or at least tried opening your mind a bit, you'd see you're wrong. Sorry.

I have no problem with people not watching the show (I'm not one of those bronies who tries to shove the show down people's throats) but assuming it sucks is not cool. Just saying.
  • Apopl likes this

phunkism
  • phunkism

Heaven

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:34 PM Edited by phunkism, 06 March 2014 - 09:37 PM.

*snip*

Once again, that's the stereotype. Maybe if you, you know, tried watching the show, or at least tried opening your mind a bit, you'd see you're wrong. Sorry.

I have no problem with people not watching the show (I'm not one of those bronies who tries to shove the show down people's throats) but assuming is

My sister used to watch that idiotic show and she finds it childish, she is 8. Are you sure you don't need any help?

It's so f*cking sad that today everyone is victim and they get offended so easily (society of victims)

It's a freaking kids show, whats going on in your head?

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

*snip*

I have no problem with people not watching the show (I'm not one of those bronies who tries to shove the show down people's throats) but assuming is

My sister used to watch that idiotic show and she finds it childish, she is 8. Are you sure you don't need any help?

It's so f*cking sad that today everyone is victim and they get offended so easily (society of victims)

It's a freaking kids show, whats going on in your head?

Childshow or not, you're not mentally ill if you watch it. People like different things, but you don't seem to understand that.

phunkism
  • phunkism

Heaven

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Watch some videos about brony meetings and i'm sure you will change your mind, Paleto.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

Not all bronies are like that. Some of them just like to watch the show, it's not an unhealthy obsession.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

Your average brony:

• Shah Sam, Governator and phunkism like this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:03 PM Edited by PaletoChickenCapo, 06 March 2014 - 10:03 PM.

Ok, I'm not gonna pretend like I know how many of the bronies that are too obsessed with MLP, and how many of them that just watch the show, but calling someone mentally ill just because they watch a childrens show is pretty ignorant.

• Flūttershy likes this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Your average brony:

You must be a very reliable source.

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

I'm very surprised the McDonald's employee didn't start laughing never mind keep a straight face. Thanks for showing footage of these... things. 

• JKan420 likes this

Eris
  • Eris

Ghetto Star

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

I see more and more "Bronies" everyday. What encourages adult men to watch such a show? I even saw one guy say that he owns around 30 pony dolls. This left me wondering if there are any Bronies amongst us perhaps? And what is your opinion on the show and fans in general?

Bronies: Are they in your neighborhood? 

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:27 PM Edited by Max, 06 March 2014 - 11:30 PM.

This video is well worth a watch, all 7 minutes of it. After watching it I believe that I've done my research and I've decided that I don't ever want to meet a brony. 

• Governator and DMC14 like this

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Bronies: Are they in your neighborhood? 

Yeah, luckily this guy isn't among them:

phunkism
  • phunkism

Heaven

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by phunkism, 06 March 2014 - 11:36 PM.

This video is well worth a watch, all 7 minutes of it. After watching it I believe that I've done my research and I've decided that I don't ever want to meet a brony. 

hahahahahahhahahahahahahaahhaahhaahah

i am laughing and crying at the same time

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by WhatsStrength, 06 March 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Normally, I abide by a "live and let live" philosophy when it comes to social issues and the beliefs of others, but this brony sh*t is almost everywhere. I've even seen it on these forums with a user that posts only in pink and has a pony avatar. 

It doesn't make sense why they have to rub it in to the faces of the masses that they love the show. That's fine, you like what you like, but shut the f*ck up already. I don't give a f*ck if you enjoy it, I don't need to know about it and you don't need to be giving class presentations on the subject.

Do I think all "bronies" are annoying? No.

Do I think all "bronies" have autism or other social disorders? No, I don't.

Is it hard to differentiate the civil/casual fans from the nuts who spam the sh*t everywhere? Yes.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Governator
  • Governator

Thompson Terminator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by Deathmaker158, 06 March 2014 - 11:38 PM.

No doubt one of the funniest videos I've watched! What I'd pay to be at that party...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users