GTA 4 Crashing

3 replies to this topic
jamster11233
  • jamster11233

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hello everyone! Well where to being, i have two copies for GTA 4 one which is on steam and one which is on Disc. I use the disc version just because steam takes wayyy to long to install. Which crashing seems to happen on both copies. Anyway i seem to be having problems with crashing a lot... now i feel like i have tried everything with installing many different things chaniging things, before anyone asks, yes i do have mods but only 3.

1.ELS V7

2.LCPDFR V1 Hotfix (installed)
3.Police car

Now even with these the game still seems to want to crash, yes i have used Xlive and Dsound but nothing which is odd. Im usng W8.1 Pro. 

Pc Spec.

AMD Phenom™ ll X4 Processor 3.20ghz

8GB Ram

2GB 7770HD AMD

700W 

1TB HDD

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

The games runs fine for a while but it will randomly crash, i could play for ages i could play for 5 minutes there isnt really any kind of warning and it varys in crash, when windows tries to find a solution nothing comes up which brings me to you guys! Hope you can help! I have tried without mods and the version of GTA im on is 1.0.7.0 which had to be put on because the disc version was 1.0.0.0, which i believe is older! Hope someone can help me out! Thanks guys!

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

I have a friend that have tried LCPDFR with the Steam version. His computer is a 2600K and a GTX 660. 

His game kept crashing every time he used LCPDFR. Maybe try to play the game without it and see if it works.

jamster11233
  • jamster11233

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

I have said in first post that it happens without for some strange reason! really weird i know, maybe because the game isnt really the most stable ... but could be another reason

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

To Catch A Flame

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:10 AM

I have said in first post that it happens without for some strange reason! really weird i know, maybe because the game isnt really the most stable ... but could be another reason

I read the OP but I guess I skipped over that part (?).

Well what can I say...sometimes the game crashes for me too even though I don't use a lot of mods. Just a couple scripts and texture mods.

This game really isn't all that stable, but it's miles better than anything Bethesda put out in the past 8 years. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users