1,202 replies to this topic
fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Arsen, I have a proposition for you.

It would appear that whenever we do a Chain game, we run out of space for unique vehicles. What we need is more space, right?

I have modified one of my scripts to work with old save games. Basically, it is a slightly tweaked main.scm file. However, because nothing is added/removed and 3 numbers are all that changed, it will work with your save games.

It will allow you to store a greater number of vehicles in Shoreside. You will have the entire parking lot to fill up.

If you're interested, you can check it out here.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (fireguy109 @ Monday, Aug 8 2011, 16:38)
It would appear that whenever we do a Chain game, we run out of space for unique vehicles. What we need is more space, right?

No, we don't. Understand that Unique Vehicle acquisition is not a need or a must, it's just a compliment to the Chain Game that adds some fun, it's nothing crucial to the Chain Game's purpose of getting 100%.

Moreover, your mod is a tweak of the main.scm file, which means that anyone not utilizing this "tweaked" file will face a problem of making vehicles disappear if they stand at the places not scripted in the original version (I know, I've tried it).

And since we play the Chain Game with the original version of the game, and using the "hosted mods" is NOT an obligation for any of our players, I fear your proposition will have to be declined.

Arsen Vitiuk, Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Chief

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:45 PM Edited by Th3MaN1, 08 August 2011 - 03:57 PM.

From 9th of August,I will not be able to participate at the Chain Game,since me and my family are going on vacation 'till 21 august.Though I will try to be active on the forums,and with some luck,I will be able to play Gta 3 while on vacation.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

ATTENTION EVERYBODY!

From this moment and till August 25 I will be away and won't be active on the Forums.

As mentioned before, I appoint dingleman as the Temporary Chief.

Have fun playing, and good luck!

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

Ok Arsen.Wherever you're going,have fun!

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:00 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 22 July 2012 - 09:58 AM.

ATTENTION EVERYBODY!

I have returned back from my vacation, so from this moment and on I reassume the lead of the Chain Game.

dingleman's abscence disappointed me, but luckily lol232 decided to make an update on the Checklist. Still, though such things happen, I hope that dingleman will be able to give a reason for his abscence.

It's also good to know that we were joined by 4 new members, 2 of which have become full-fledged members of the Chain Game community.

Another good news that I received is that Claude Speed. is NOT DEAD!!!. To commemorate this joyous event, I suggest we play the GTA III Chain Game Round 5 to the end!

So, have fun playing and good luck!

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

Arsen - I sad Claude is not dead like a week ago - you see you should believe me :E

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

I couldn't believe anyone until I got proof from Chris himself, should he have been really alive.

Sorry for that, Filip.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

That info was on his profile. But anyways, I understand.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

Sorry, lads, but I won't be able to take any more turns in the Chain Game now, as the video driver on my PC burned down (ridiculously, it happened after I installed GTA IV yesterday evening). But I still will be able to update the Chain Game lists.

Have fun playing without me, but I promise I'll be back.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

ATTENTION EVERYBODY!

In the last turn, taken by ToniForelli, I encountered an issue: Toni apparently completed Paramedic without saving any patient, which is very strange indeed! But as we have the Infinite Sprint, I guess Paramedic should not be done again.

However, if this bug in Toni's game affect the game somewhere later on, we will, unfortunately, have to roll back till the turn before his, which will be a major setback.

If you have experienced any strange things during gameplay, don't hesitate to report them here.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

I think you should make it a rule that all players have to have legally purchased the game. dozingoff.gif

Also, there's a good chance he did some hacking if the game "forgot" that he saved the patients. sarcasm.gif

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

Tap Tap Tap! *Troll food*. Umad?

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Oct 29 2011, 19:54)
ATTENTION EVERYBODY!

In the last turn, taken by ToniForelli, I encountered an issue: Toni apparently completed Paramedic without saving any patient, which is very strange indeed! But as we have the Infinite Sprint, I guess Paramedic should not be done again.

However, if this bug in Toni's game affect the game somewhere later on, we will, unfortunately, have to roll back till the turn before his, which will be a major setback.

If you have experienced any strange things during gameplay, don't hesitate to report them here.

i think it's because im using XBOX mod

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:23 PM

In response to Lol here, Mr. ToniForelli used a trainer or a car spawner, one of the two. We both know that you can't get the FBI car without cheating, not at this stage.

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (ToniForelli @ Saturday, Oct 29 2011, 21:00)
QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Saturday, Oct 29 2011, 19:54)
ATTENTION EVERYBODY!

i think it's because im using XBOX mod

user posted image
Did you even Read the rules!?

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Chain Game)

1. Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, mods or CLEO scripts. They can seriously mess up things later in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but for the other players as well. Although, unlike GTA San Andreas, there is no effect on a save after having used the cheats, it is better not to use them. See exceptions for this rule below.

14.Mission strategy is up to the player - just don't use cheats, trainers, mods or CLEO scripts (for exceptions see below).

20.Only mods that are hosted by the Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game are allowed to be used during turn completion.

Not to mention You got an FBI Car Early!

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

Thanks Mr. v0id and Mr. fireguy for raising ths issue. Hell, I'm beaten to it! tounge.gif

Anyway, it is impossible to get an FBI Car without additional stuff before Shtaunton is open. The same goes for Tank, as we're playing without cheats, therefore the GIVEUSATANK code isn't an option.

If Toni got these, it means he was using cheats, car spawner or a trainer, or even a modification. While these are harmless, it's best if we not experimented with them, just for our safety.

If we go on playing and encounter a bug later on, we will suffer a setback. But what if everything runs smooth? I don't really know what to do, I need your guys' opinions about the matter.

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:54 PM

Traditionally, we default back to the save before the one with cheats or an error and continue that one.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:02 PM Edited by Arsen Vitiuk, 18 June 2012 - 09:38 AM.

ATTENTION EVERYBODY!

After ToniForelli's last turn I feel it is my duty to remind all players of the Chain Game's Rule #1: no trainers, car spawners etc.

While this cannot not mean they are totally prohibited, it is at least not recommended to use them. It is not for the sake of them being what they are. After all, the rule is put in here for a reason.

The reason is to prevent any unexpectable bugs and glitches that may appear during the gameplay as the result of using these programs. To make the Chain Game run smooth, we need to make sure everyone can have an enjoyable experience - and that can be ahieved by the bug-free gameplay.

Hope the players heed to my speech.

lol232
  • lol232

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:21 AM Edited by lol232, 31 October 2011 - 09:34 AM.

ATTENTION EVERYBODY!

Since ToniForelli saved 0 People in paramedic in his last turn, I personally think that his turn should be invalid : He used mods!
Not to mention, I have 3 of GTA III's installed, I use the Fresh/Normal one without mods from GTA III, use it most of the time for fun and Chain Game, one where all OpePiece's HD cars + HD Echo is installed for random fun (I never save my game when playing on modded) and GTA III XBOX for some XBOX feeling,
I just saved a Person in Paramedic on XBOX Mod, and it counted in stats then, but weirdly, for ToniForelli it didn't!
I am pretty sure Toni used a trainer to beat them all, there is no way he could do them in without a single person saved.
So I will count all turns Invalid after Filip454's turn, if Arsen Vitiuk - The GTA III Chain Game Chief, Agrees with me.

lol232 a.k.a. v0id - Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Assistant Chief

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

jump onto the callahan bridge and FBI will go crazy

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

OK, time to take care of some things:

1. lol232, I would like to agree, but there has been much done already. Let's do it the other way around: we will go on playing and in one of the turns we will do Paramedic once again, to make sure everything is fine!

2. ToniForelli, it is impossible to cast FBI on your ass before you complete "Last Requests". Before that, your Wanted Level will not exceed 4 stars! Jumping on the Callahan Bridge won't help it in any way.

q_b
  • q_b

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

Sorry for the spam, but I promised to join today and I haven't because I've been more busy than I thought I would be and I haven't felt so well. I'll join tomorrow for sure!

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:38 PM Edited by fireguy109, 31 October 2011 - 07:41 PM.

Lol, I agree with you 100%, and I was going to do that. But several people took turns already, and I'd feel bad about making Arsen redo all that. Since Arsen did the greatest percent of the turns, it should probably come down to him.

I did a bit of poking around and I concluded that ToniForelli has been using a trainer for GTA III. It's no mod, it's a straight up trainer. Not only did he violate the rules, but he lied about it several times. I propose that he is forced to sit out the next few rounds until we can verify he won't be cheating anymore.

Seriously, Toni? The CG regulars have beaten the game dozens of times - probably even hundreds. We know the map in and out and there's very few tricks that we don't know between us. Trying to pull one over on us won't work. sneaky2.gif

Prepare to see me participating quite a bit in this round. I reinstalled a vanilla copy of GTA III the other day, and I've had time to play when I get home lately. colgate.gif

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Umm, I have a lil' question.

Do I need to require a unique vehicle if I can? Or I can not do it?

lol232
  • lol232

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Tuesday, Nov 1 2011, 08:07)
Umm, I have a lil' question.

Do I need to require a unique vehicle if I can? Or I can not do it?

Sure you can, mate, getting them is optional, I am just doing that for sake of fun, but I suggest you to collect them.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Monday, Oct 31 2011, 17:10)
OK, time to take care of some things:

1. lol232, I would like to agree, but there has been much done already. Let's do it the other way around: we will go on playing and in one of the turns we will do Paramedic once again, to make sure everything is fine!

2. ToniForelli, it is impossible to cast FBI on your ass before you complete "Last Requests". Before that, your Wanted Level will not exceed 4 stars! Jumping on the Callahan Bridge won't help it in any way.

I used cracked version of GTA 3 maybe on original it's different

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

I used cracked version of GTA 3 maybe on original it's different

Nope?

I have crack too, because I don't want to insert my box CD everytime I play GTA - without noise.

ToniForelli
  • ToniForelli

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

i play with noise

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:05 PM Edited by fireguy109, 01 November 2011 - 09:29 PM.

QUOTE (Filip454 @ Tuesday, Nov 1 2011, 07:21)
I have crack too, because I don't want to insert my box CD everytime I play GTA - without noise.

His is pirated. No "no-cd" cracks here. I assume that's what you use, right? You aren't a pirate too... right? sneaky2.gif

Oh, that's a relief. lol.gif

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:27 PM

Hm, I have 3 versions of this game so... I think I'm not a pirate :E My cd is just too loud to play cds when I'm playing. Same with GTA IV - playing on official securom R* crack.

I wouldn't pirate my favourite game biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users