Photo

Time of next GTA's announcement

22 replies to this topic
PowerKracker
  • PowerKracker

Get me banned from this sh*thole

• BUSTED!
  • Tuvalu

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:50 AM Edited by AlfredNTheFettuc, 09 February 2014 - 01:04 AM.

When do you think it'll happen?

GTA V was announced in late 2011 - a little more than 3 years after IV's release, and almost 2 years after TBoGT's release.

GTA IV was a large success, but V was an even bigger one. R* may say things about conserving their energy and keeping GTA interesting, but let's face it, companies care about money a lot. Something tells me they'll be eager about making a new installment of a popular, hot-selling franchise even if they're sitting on top of a lot of money already. And with the PS4 and Xbox One having more power, it'd be a good way to show off.

So I'm betting on an announcement sometime in 2016, maybe next year if we're lucky and the recently started 8th gen of gaming takes off well (they need a market after all). According to other announcements by R*, we can expect at least one other game before that (hopefully Agent).

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

Either at the tail end of this year or the tail end of the year after.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:14 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 09 February 2014 - 01:18 AM.

Great Thread OP.seeing GTA is the Crown Jewel of Rockstar Games and Take Two, and a Giant Franchise in the Gaming Industry,i can also see a 2016 announcement of a new installment of this Legendary Franchise and will kickstart the Next-Gen Era of this Franchise.but Rockstar might release a new Red Dead game first.I dont see them starting with GTA 6 as the first next-gen GTAs,i think it would be spin-off game then years later GTA 6.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

At the earliest I would say towards the end of 2015. I just dont see them releasing a trailer before that time as it seems to quick of a turnaround.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

Some time in 2017, I guess.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:17 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 09 February 2014 - 04:17 AM.

What? that when GTA would mark it 20th Year since 1997.I cant see them doing that unless if it announced a year after that (later 2018).

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:42 AM

What? that when GTA would mark it 20th Year since 1997.I cant see them doing that unless if it announced a year after that (later 2018).

What? It doesn't matter if it's the 20th anniversary.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:08 AM

What? It doesn't matter if it's the 20th anniversary.

It does,and i am sure that year,there would be alot of tributes,memories and documents of the Franchise since 1997 till 2017 on the newswire.just like how alot of GTA San Andreas stuffs are on the newswire to mark it 10th Year this year.but yeah you might also be right,maybe that when a new GTA might be announced.

+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

I honestly don't expect an announcement of a wildly new Grand Theft Auto title in 2015 or 2016, I mean Rockstar is going to be really busy with other games in development and some of them unannounced games in development. Are set for a official announcement throughout the years. It may be a very long wait for a new Grand Theft Auto title. But, I don't know! That's what I think, after all. :) 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:56 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 09 February 2014 - 10:56 AM.

I honestly don't expect an announcement of a wildly new Grand Theft Auto title in 2015 or 2016, I mean Rockstar is going to be really busy with other games in development and some of them unannounced games in development. Are set for a official announcement throughout the years. It may be a very long wait a new Grand Theft Auto title. But, I don't know! That's what I think, after all. :) 

True Talk bro :)

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

I honestly don't expect an announcement of a wildly new Grand Theft Auto title in 2015 or 2016, I mean Rockstar is going to be really busy with other games in development and some of them unannounced games in development. Are set for a official announcement throughout the years. It may be a very long wait for a new Grand Theft Auto title. But, I don't know! That's what I think, after all. :)

I based my prediciton off what has happened in the past. Like I said late 2015 at the very earliest, as with GTA V they announced it two years before they actually released it.

Late 2015 first trailer then around late 2017 or 2018 for actual game release.

• + Dragonjack + likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:18 AM Edited by Zello, 12 February 2014 - 04:19 AM.

Hopefully 2016-2017 But lets see what Rockstar's cooking up with other titles... A new Bully game? more info on Agent anyone?

JumpingKentFlash
  • JumpingKentFlash

Homeboy

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:31 AM

I like that Rockstar keeps things fresh. That being said, the gap between IV and V was way too long. All their games are big successes, so why not get your develepment team even larger, and push out some more games? It'd earn more money like this. They should do it like that. First year they release some game like RDR. Next year another like Max Payne. Following year a GTA. Repeat that cycle. When one dev team finishes a game they start another. That way you get a GTA every 3 years, which is the maximum time. Everything else is just dragging it along, and being too slow. I know it's hard making game worlds that are supposed to look better and be bigger, but expand your staff, and you can handle it.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

I like that Rockstar keeps things fresh. That being said, the gap between IV and V was way too long. All their games are big successes, so why not get your develepment team even larger, and push out some more games? It'd earn more money like this. They should do it like that. First year they release some game like RDR. Next year another like Max Payne. Following year a GTA. Repeat that cycle. When one dev team finishes a game they start another. That way you get a GTA every 3 years, which is the maximum time. Everything else is just dragging it along, and being too slow. I know it's hard making game worlds that are supposed to look better and be bigger, but expand your staff, and you can handle it.

GTA is a $10bn worth Franchise,i am sure Rockstar could do that.but remember,inbetween that period,There was two Expansion Games (TLAD and TBoGT) and Chinatown Wars for PSP so it made the Process not hard.

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

I've got a feeling late next year to late 2016.

Maybe it's my bleak outlook on things, but I've got some weird feeling that Rockstar, or Take Two for that matter, will go bankrupt within a year or two.
  • matajuegos01 likes this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Maybe it's my bleak outlook on things, but I've got some weird feeling that Rockstar, or Take Two for that matter, will go bankrupt within a year or two.

I wouldn't worry about R* going bankrupt any time soon. Not only do they have money coming in from GTA V and the other GTA games still, but games like RDR, L.A Noire, Max Payne etc. They'll be fine.

Meekail
  • Meekail

Space Invader

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

My guess is on late-2016 or in the middle of that year.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I wouldn't worry about R* going bankrupt any time soon. Not only do they have money coming in from GTA V and the other GTA games still, but games like RDR, L.A Noire, Max Payne etc. They'll be fine.

With a Giant Franchise (Legendary and Iconic) as GTA,then other franchises like RDR and Max Payne.Amen.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:51 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 12 February 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Take Two's Revenue for this year overall would be $2bn Dollars,then GTA revenue (not adding to Take Two) is worth $4-10bn.That why GTA and CoD are the industry's Mega Blockbusters.I read an article and Sam Houser said GTA is their greatest "Assets"
saying they almost went Bankrupt in 2008 until GTA 4 came out and smash records earning $500ml in the first day etc.having the rights to GTA is every developers/publishers dream and target,E.A and Activision have always wanted GTA one way or the other,look at what happened when Activision challenged Rockstar,GTA 5 came out and within 72hrs (3 days) already earned $1bn,while Ghost Fails to surpass that record.Although i dont like COD, but it alongside GTA are the Biggest Franchises in the Industry.Long Live GTA,Long Live Rockstar.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

Not, sure. I think i read on IGN, not really sure where, R* is planning multiple releases in 2015 on next gen, what might include an sipn-off GTA. Since it's easier to make spin-off like Vice City was, than main entry. It takes less time. I expect RDR 2. It's one of my favorite games.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Not, sure. I think i read on IGN, not really sure where, R* is planning multiple releases in 2015 on next gen, what might include an sipn-off GTA. Since it's easier to make spin-off like Vice City was, than main entry. It takes less time. I expect RDR 2. It's one of my favorite games.

yeah spin-offs (subtitled game) can take less years than Main Games (5 or 6) and new cities could be planned quickly etc.I hope what you say is right though.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

Seeing as how they work on other titles between GTA, I'll say 2016 is the earliest we'll hear about the next installment but I truly believe 2017 is the year.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Seeing as how they work on other titles between GTA, I'll say 2016 is the earliest we'll hear about the next installment but I truly believe 2017 is the year.

It would be great but it will coincide with the series' 20th Year Anniversary (1997-2017).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users