Photo

Heists... Whats The Big Deal?...

29 replies to this topic
SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:28 AM Edited by SoggyLuke, 09 February 2014 - 12:29 AM.

So, if theres one thing ive noticed over the past few months on these forums is that there's tones of hype surrounding heists but my question is.. Why???

I get that they will be a good addition and i get that people are excited but i cant help but chuckle to myself at the thought of what these forums will be like when they come out. GTA was overhyped and this caused tones of people to expect more from the game than what Rockstar could ever do and as a result the hate came flooding onto these forums and many others.

I get the feeling the heists are going to be exactly the same purely because of the delays in them being released. That causes people to start thinking more about them and expecting more. I expect these forums to be flooded with disappointment when they're released and me personally im going to just take it with a grain of salt and take the heists for what they are.

What are your views on all the hype surrounding heists? Im looking forward to the SP DLC more if im honest.  

• saintsrow likes this

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

Did you not play SP??? The heists were EPIC...IMO.

sash2k4plus
  • sash2k4plus

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

Heists are a BIG deal my friend

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

Heists in singleplayer were great i admit but if the structure of the online missions and how they play out are anything to go by, the heists online will be far far far more simple than their singleplayer counterparts. This is precisely the point i was trying to make, stuff like what you've said will be the fuel of the fire for hate posts on these forums if heists do turn out to be how i imagine them.

Heists are a BIG deal my friend

Yes they are i agree, if Rockstar mess up heists it will be a big blow to their game. Nearly all of my friends who stopped playing GTA say that heists are a last chance with GTAO.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Heists in singleplayer were great i admit but if the structure of the online missions and how they play out are anything to go by, the heists online will be far far far more simple than their singleplayer counterparts. This is precisely the point i was trying to make, stuff like what you've said will be the fuel of the fire for hate posts on these forums if heists do turn out to be how i imagine them.

there will be simple heists but in there, there will be some more complex big scores. it will work the same where you can loose cash from your bag.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

there will be simple heists but in there, there will be some more complex big scores. it will work the same where you can loose cash from your bag.

Do you have a source for this information? or is it purely assumptions? :)

• gtafanzboiz likes this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:38 AM

The game lived up to the hype. This is just a crybaby forum. There is still millions of people playing online and the sp game was one of the best games ever made in any genre. This bitchfest of a forum does not mean the game was overhyped.

• Tabula Rasa, gizz01 and GoodGreen like this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

1.  ERMAHGURD HEISTS ARE SO AWESOME

2.  Eh, man heists are getting boring

3.  GTA Onine f*cking sucks nothing to f*cking do we need more content

I except these steps to occur over the period of 1 week.

• saintsrow and heskman like this

VercettiCrimeFamily
  • VercettiCrimeFamily

“Proud Founder of The 'Vercetti' Crime Family''

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

I'm sorry mate 'Heists' are the only reason I'm still playing GTA V, nothing personal :)

cloudserverslol
  • cloudserverslol

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

I'm sorry mate 'Heists' are the only reason I'm still playing GTA V, nothing personal :)

you're going to be severely disappointed LOL

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:02 AM

I also wonder why everyone is itching for heists. Yes, it'll generate more money than any mission or freeroam activities that are currently in place but I can't help but think it's going to be clunky. GTA:O has been out for...few months? Yet it's still somewhat clunky. People getting dropped, immense lag (yes, yes, blame internet...) and minor problems here and there. What's the worst that could happen in a heist? Apart from other players being dicks, I wouldn't be surprised if an objective doesn't ''work'', if the AI spawns in front of your face like they do in freeroam and cloud issues.

That's just me. All my friends are excited for these but I'm just sitting here waiting for the disaster to show up.
Don't take this the wrong way, though, I want heists! I loved them in Single and I can't wait to make money. Walking around with $12 and robbing a store so I can fill up my food with the store next door isn't that fun.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

The game lived up to the hype. This is just a crybaby forum. There is still millions of people playing online and the sp game was one of the best games ever made in any genre. This bitchfest of a forum does not mean the game was overhyped.

No, it was definitely overhyped.

codename_duchess
  • codename_duchess

Soldier

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:21 AM

No, it was definitely overhyped.

I may not agree with you, but i do agree with your signature!!! lol

• GoodGreen and JiNX77 like this

Jeff Nesteruk
  • Jeff Nesteruk

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

Here's what everyone forgets, want to know why the heists and other content were delayed? The hackers and modders and glitchers, they think they're doing good, but all they're doing is delaying the content

• .R3b3L and gizz01 like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:30 AM

Here's what everyone forgets, want to know why the heists and other content were delayed? The hackers and modders and glitchers, they think they're doing good, but all they're doing is delaying the content

Barack.

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:35 AM

There was hype in more than one place you know. Yes this forum is full of whiners and cry babies but theres people who are very disappointed on the GTA trailers, Facebook,Twitter etc not just on here. 

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Got to be honest, I was looking forward to heists being online, but now I really don't give a damn about them. Rockstar are taking way to long with this.

Trademark
  • Trademark

Endure and Survive

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:14 AM

That is why I'm excited for heists. lul

• GoodGreen and iMPAK540 like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

DOA5 welcomes Mai

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:05 AM

Got to be honest, I was looking forward to heists being online, but now I really don't give a damn about them. Rockstar are taking way to long with this.

For delivering something they've shown in the trailer. Basically the Online is being delivered unfinished.

Fact.

• Lil_B_The Basedgod and iMPAK540 like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

People are so hyped about heists because it was advertised and assumed that they would be available at the launch of GTA: Online in October.

It's February...

Also, "hackers" are not the reason that content has been delayed. If Rockstar doesn't have two teams, one working on new content while one works on bug fixes, they just need to shut their doors due to incompetence. Rockstar isn't a group of 10 guys in a basement, they are a highly sophisticated and very profitable company with many divisions and employees. "Hacks" isn't a valid excuse.  

• GoodGreen and Trademark like this

Tabula Rasa
  • Tabula Rasa

Don't get me wet! Ladies please..4 at a time.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

It was over advertised but was under hyped..easily; there was a certain ambiguity in its pre-release advertising that let peoples imagination go crazy; I think it just snow balled and got word of mouth.  I might be some kind of minority, especially on this forum but It was way better than I expected really, if your a fan of the series I don't know what you were expecting.   Its just a joke to me...its Grand Theft Auto..no? I am still blown away by the game, and I am not easily impressed; its a beautiful game and tons of fun.  I'm sure whatever they release for content will be great, it always is; I have yet to be disappointed..personally its why I am such a fan.

luisniko
  • luisniko

DOA5 welcomes Mai

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:02 AM Edited by luisniko, 09 February 2014 - 04:05 AM.

People are so hyped about heists because it was advertised and assumed that they would be available at the launch of GTA: Online in October.

It's February...

Also, "hackers" are not the reason that content has been delayed. If Rockstar doesn't have two teams, one working on new content while one works on bug fixes, they just need to shut their doors due to incompetence. Rockstar isn't a group of 10 guys in a basement, they are a highly sophisticated and very profitable company with many divisions and employees. "Hacks" isn't a valid excuse.  

You know the guy in your profile pic would give a thumb up to you.

Hackers never been the reason. My question is: Why didn't Heist introduced since the first time? If the minimum level is 60, people would still take time to reach, right?.

Second question: Ok if it's not in the first release because Rockstar wants to net money and let people understand the Online works. Then why not 1 month after that? Why have to be Beach Bum Pack which is useless and it was not even summer? I could relate if it was released in Summer season

--

My thought: Rockstar is planning something big. A big hideous way to pull off our in-game money.

They're prioritizing in taking down hacks and glitches that produce so-called "Counterfeit GTA$", but why not fixing the mask & hair glitch and first slot insurance loss glitch which has been trapping players into losing their money? What about the Rat Loader owners who have modified it and lost it without compensation? (Rat Loader was legit, unlike Police Cars and friends)

Rockstar is obviously acting like a corrupted government. They have tons of ways and bullcrap to unfairly take our money, while we have paid them the 'bill' in order to use the facility.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:16 AM

This feels so much like deja vu to 2012.  Rockstar makes big announcement, then they go totally silent for months, while we hype ourselves into a frenzy.  :*(

Now that we understand the structure and the limitations of GTAV and GTA0, I don't know how people can continue to hang onto the hopes and dreams that Rockstar will deliver something amazing.  :bored:

The thing that hooked me and probably most of us on GTA over the years was the deep sense of freedom.  Not just being in a sandbox, but being able to accomplish things in multiple ways, being able to seamlessly experiment with the capabilities in the game - it made all other games seem like "just a game."  But along came GTAV, with it's simplistic structure and its linear missions and linear heists, making it seem like "just a game."  That's where I got disillusioned.  How can GTA0 heists be any different at this point? 

gizz01
  • gizz01

SpudGun

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:20 AM

Completely agree with OP..

no matter what rockstar puts out it will be a whine fest..

theeeeeeen we will get the usual floods of threads about how gta is steaming pile of croc, and my favourite threads...... the..

lvl 100 what now

Things to do online while waiting for xxxxx

unlock xxxx what now games boring...

the complete lack of ANY imagination in a large percentage of gamers these days is jaw dropping, they hack their to the top in a few days and are retarded enough to come on here and complain about lack of content, its the height of stupidity but you can't talk to them, they just dont see it, tbh it worries me for the future of games like this because gamers these days simply want instant kicks and to be the best and brag brag brag..

I mean look at the chrome adder craze...

Weeks of th3 same threads over and over and over again, mindless completely mindless..

personly im still having a blast with what we have now, I can honestly say I have not had one session where ive had to ask myself "what should I do now" heists can come out next year for.... infact I hope they do, so all these "cool pr1cks" feck off and play somthing else and fill someome elses forum with moronic threads..

some people really need to learn how to remove disks from their consoles and trade in

K3vLegend
  • K3vLegend

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:09 AM

I agree, but I think it's unfair to bash the 'hypebeasts' so to speak around heists.

bash R* for not releasing it at launch which enabled said hype

GoodGreen
  • GoodGreen

Gustavo "Gus" Fring

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

Even if heist is not a big hit, I still want to see how it's gonna be played out with the heist planning board in the room in our apartments that we never go in anymore.... And wtf is JP? And wis it for?

PatG
  • PatG

I am but a simple farmer tending to my memes

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

^ JP is Job Points. Some people say that it's for settling draws (I've never been in a situation like that - maybe because it's for Deathmatch) In most cases, it's pretty useless.

I can agree that it's annoying to see people go like "I'm lvl 150 and I've got 1 Billion and I've got a garage full of Chrome stuff. Now what? This game is boring. Blah blah blah." It's their own fault for glitching/modding to get huge amounts of money and then complaining that there's nothing to do. Some people also stop playing the game because "there aren't any good ways to get money." Honestly, I have no problem with the payouts in the game. I can make about 100K from doing missions and selling a Baller every hour. I guess people are just either too lazy to earn money or are just spoiled.

For heists, I'm pretty it's going to have a very very rocky start and acceptance since people are going wild with their imagination. I personally don't care if it's plain because..at least I have another thing to do in GTA:O. I'm pretty happy with the game as it is and I'll be happier if they add new cars into the game..or bring back some [modernized] cars from San Andreas. Like the Jester, Super GT or Turismo - just give them different real life counterparts since most of their old models were replaced. GTA 4 Super GT = F620, GTA 4 Turismo = Vacca, etc. 

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:55 AM

That is why I'm excited for heists. lul

EXPECTATION

REALITY

• saintsrow, Juanfartez and Trademark like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

DOA5 welcomes Mai

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

De Niro's Heat was one real deal Heist movie. I love it and knew it before GTAV. Seeing the trailer about Blitz Play made me happy and thought it's going to be cool as the movie.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

I expect it to be pretty disappointing but it's still something to do/look forward to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users