RE: GTA V. Can someone help me?

16 replies to this topic
GMAC Webs
  • GMAC Webs

Nothing to see here, keep moving...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

I've been playing GTA V since 18 of September ('13) and had completed it on the 21st.

Since then, I have completed it 2 more times and have done nearly all of the side missions (the ones marked with "?") and done many (if not all) of the "random" encounters and "dynamic" missions (though, they're not too random or dynamic). Furthermore, I have collected 30/30 submarine pieces, 35/50 letter scraps, 20/50 UFO pieces and some other things.
I've also clocked many hours of random exploration (nearly half my time on GTA V) and I really need things to do.

Here's the sitrep:
I'm bored of finding letter scraps and UFO pieces (sometimes too difficult to find).
I'm bored of the repetitive nature of the side missions, dynamic missions and random encounters and know them almost back to front.
I'm bored of the main missions, but may return once they're all done.
I have brought all of the business-things (including the Golf course... massive anti-climax BTW)
GTA: Online... full of trolls, dreary as hell and not worth a second thought.
I have also unlocked and explored nearly the entire map (searched online for things I have missed and haven't seemed to miss much)

I really need things to do. It's so boring! :(

P.S: I don't like CoD. Go away, GTA trolls... ¬.¬

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

I suggest you play Driver San Francisco for a week.

Then you'll understand the definition of boredom.

GMAC Webs
  • GMAC Webs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:35 AM

I suggest you play Driver San Francisco for a week.

Then you'll understand the definition of boredom.

No way, man. I played Just Cause 2, I've paid my debt to society! :p 

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

You kinda have to make up your own ways to have fun after you've played through it several times. For example, the other day I took a boat out as close to the edge of the map as I could with Michael before the engine died and the boat sank. I jumped out of the boat and the waves quickly took it away. Then I switched to Franklin and went looking for Michael stranded out in the ocean. Once I got close enough I had to fire a rocket into the air and quickly switch back to Michael so I could see where it exploded and know which way to go from there. It took a few tries switching back and forth, and a shark kept closing in on Michael, but finally found the boat with Franklin. When Michael climbed on board Franklin said "It's funny seeing you at here, Michael. Wanna go grab a drink?" to which Michael replied, "Why the hell not?" I found it funny anyways.
  • Th3MaN1, Cutter De Blanc, HaythamKenway and 2 others like this

GMAC Webs
  • GMAC Webs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

You kinda have to make up your own ways to have fun after you've played through it several times. For example, the other day I took a boat out as close to the edge of the map as I could with Michael before the engine died and the boat sank. I jumped out of the boat and the waves quickly took it away. Then I switched to Franklin and went looking for Michael stranded out in the ocean. Once I got close enough I had to fire a rocket into the air and quickly switch back to Michael so I could see where it exploded and know which way to go from there. It took a few tries switching back and forth, and a shark kept closing in on Michael, but finally found the boat with Franklin. When Michael climbed on board Franklin said "It's funny seeing you at here, Michael. Wanna go grab a drink?" to which Michael replied, "Why the hell not?" I found it funny anyways.

Ok, I'm not going to do that because... well... nevermind. Thanks for the tip.

I once trolled Michael as Trevor. I flew to his house and when he exited his house, I kept on hitting him with the rotor blades of the helicopter. Great fun, but get's boring very quickly... hardly sporting of Michael when he respawned in Paleto Bay and charges me $5,000 for him not staying inside and out of range :/

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:35 AM Edited by killahmatic, 09 February 2014 - 03:38 AM.

I'm bored of finding letter scraps and UFO pieces (sometimes too difficult to find).

Take a helicopter, specifically a Buzzard because its the smallest, which makes it easier to land in most places. Look up the IGN interactive map for letters and ufo pieces, and you'll be able to collect the rest of them within two hours. They are a pain in the ass though, and I have no idea why R* includes them. I could understand 15 ufo pieces and 10 scraps or some reasonable amount. Its hardly worth looking for 100+ items when the rewards are small, or nothing at all. 

As for ideas, I just have random fun as I play, so I cant really help you in naming anything specific.

I've been looking at the mysterious places lately with glyphs and UFOs even though I know it wont amount to anything, its still fun to do. 

• Crimie Marston likes this

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

Any game gets boring, but you have an imagination that can calculate for endless fun, personally it doesn't bother me! im always having great fun with the gta series (am glued to it!)

best of luck hobs.

Texasyeti
  • Texasyeti

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Blow stuff up. Random violence is a great way to relieve stress! Also you can play online in a closed zone where its solo play. No trolls unless you want to invite friends. I find online ridiculous as well it's no fun being killed every twenty seconds. I play solo online or invite friends for missions.

GMAC Webs
  • GMAC Webs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

So, in a nutshell, there is nothing much I can do now (given the easy way to find things will make it end quickly and that I have done almost everything I want to do).

Well, thanks for your advice, guys. I guess I'll get back to Skyrim or whatever, and come back to GTA V when I have forgotten some stuff.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

the only way GTA V is going to last in the long run is to get the damn thing over on PC already.

you can't really have fun in GTA V as it exists on the consoles.

we need mods and cheats and OPTIONS.

right now you have no options.

I've already kinda' stopped playing GTA V because you can't really have any fun without the police just ruining everything.

we need to get this on PC so we can truly disable the cops when we want to go exploring or stunt jumping or have shootouts in GTAO. or even enable God mode and blow each other up or jump off high buildings and dick around. that's why everything is always better on PC because you can actually tailor the playing experience to how you enjoy it the most.

when we try to go exploring or play cops / robbers, it's literally no fun after 5 minutes because any time you set foot near the prison or the military base (you know, anything interesting...) you're slapped with an aggressive wanted level which takes forever to lose because the cops in GTA V all seem to know exactly where you're hiding even if NO ONE saw you go there.

so. f*cking. annoying.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Here is a quick guide for some fun.

-Turn on GTAV.

-Go to the top of Chilliad.

-Now bring the other two characters up to the top as well.

-Get out your grenades.

-Blow everyone the f*ck up.

-Hold your middle up towards the screen and repeat the phrase "Piss off Rockstar"

-Eject the disc.

-Throw it in the bin and laugh maniacally.

-Insert Fallout 3.

-Start game.

-Ejaculate at it's awesomeness.

-Have fun for the rest of your life.

• GMAC Webs likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

Fallout 3 is old hat.

I just want GTA V on PC already.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

Fallout 3 is old hat.

Well just get Fallout New Vegas then.

Besides, nothing is old hat when you can mod it more than any other game out there on PC and make it more brand new than your morning dump.

We are talking about actual options here, not fantasy. He could be on Fallout right now. Instead of wasting time in a waste of space like the GTAV singleplayer.

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Daz, on 10 Feb 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

-Turn on GTAV.

-Get out your grenades.

-Hold your middle up towards the screen and repeat the phrase "Piss off Rockstar"

-Eject the disc.

-Insert Fallout 3.

-Start game.

Except the fact that Fallout is a buggy piece of sh*t and I don't want to play it thanks .

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:01 AM

Daz, on 10 Feb 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

-Turn on GTAV.

-Get out your grenades.

-Eject the disc.

-Insert Fallout 3.

-Start game.

Except the fact that Fallout is a buggy piece of sh*t and I don't want to play it thanks .

Well don't, we will all be better off.

(Even though it is extremely stupid to complain about bugs in a game that offers so much, it has to remember every single time where every item in the entire game is placed, that is a massive feat for a game on current gen to take on. I find it amazing that it is possible. Besides, throw it on a PC and any issue you have you can fix it with the console.)

Complaining about Fallout for being buggy is like saying "This massive sack of cash hurts my arm to lift so I don't want it."

Don't be an idiot.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

Fallout is a fantastic series with nary a weak title in the bunch.

they might be slightly more buggy than the average game because they're often very large, open-world RPGs with VAST amounts of unique variables and NPCs to keep track of. but they're not buggy compared to anything else and far from a "piece of sh*t."

unfortunately for me, New Vegas is also Old Hat.

I've played the game to death. at least 4 playthroughs (as with most Fallouts) with good, evil, and neutral characters. also been through hundreds of mods small and large. unless you've discovered some hidden gem of a total conversion over @ Fallout Nexus that I missed, I don't think there's anything left for me in F3 or FNV.

I really just need some new RPGs to drop this year like Witcher 3.

...and I'm still eagerly waiting for GTA V PC.

Strength
  • Strength

Sugar Tits

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Try this: :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users