» «
Photo

What happened to triathlons

32 replies to this topic
RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:03 PM Edited by RominOctane, 08 February 2014 - 10:05 PM.

They were so fun in tbogt with parachuting,driving, and boating. Not saying that the type in V is horrible, but I thought we would unlock more fun ways to race as we complete each event. Instead it's the same swim, run, bike crap. This is a crime game called grand theft AUTO for crying out loud. What the f*ck happened to rockstar with all the poor decision making in this game.

With gta v having more types of vehicles and terrain than gta4 you would think they would do something more creative for the types of challenges in each event. I don't even think there are any air races of any kind in the game. This is really disappointing.

It's like the team that developed this game were a group toddlers. What do you guys think.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by Gta_V_Fan_101, 08 February 2014 - 10:10 PM.

.......What?

with parachuting,driving, and boating. Not saying that the type in V is horrible, but I thought we would unlock more fun ways to race as we complete each event. Instead it's the same swim, run, bike crap. This is a crime game called grand theft AUTO for crying out loud. What the f*ck happened to rockstar with all the poor decision making in this game.

Parachuting is in V. So are races and seashark races. And, not to mention, Off-road races. What the hell are you talking about? 

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

I'm talking about the triathlons, the only challenges are running, swimming and biking. They could have had different challenges for each triathlon. For example. Drive to the plane, fly to a certain point, and parachute to the finish line. Or land a chopper on the mountain, bike down the mountain, and boat to the finish line.
They should have had fun stuff like that, instead of having the same 3 things, in the same order, in all 3 triathlons.

HalfOfZero
  • HalfOfZero

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, triathlon. You k ow, like the Olympics and other sporting events. Cause its a sport mini game.

Did I really need to point this out???

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

I'm fine with them being just swimming, cycling and running.  However, that last triathlon is ridiculous.  The idiot who decided that a nearly 30 minute triathlon should be in the game deserves to be fired.

• SmoothGetaway, drr26, TensaZangetsu and 7 others like this

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

.......What?

with parachuting,driving, and boating. Not saying that the type in V is horrible, but I thought we would unlock more fun ways to race as we complete each event. Instead it's the same swim, run, bike crap. This is a crime game called grand theft AUTO for crying out loud. What the f*ck happened to rockstar with all the poor decision making in this game.

Parachuting is in V. So are races and seashark races. And, not to mention, Off-road races. What the hell are you talking about? 

Yeah, triathlon. You k ow, like the Olympics and other sporting events. Cause its a sport mini game.

Did I really need to point this out???

Guys, he mentioned Ballad of Gay Tony in his first post, which has triathlons as well, but they consisted of parachuting, driving, and boating as opposed to running, swimming, and cycling. He's simply saying that he would prefer for those triathlons to have been in the game. I don't know how that could have been ANY more clear.

• WorldWideFM and im_stoned like this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:31 AM

I'm fine with them being just swimming, cycling and running.  However, that last triathlon is ridiculous.  The idiot who decided that a nearly 30 minute triathlon should be in the game deserves to be fired.

Yeah what the f*ck was up with that?

I'd be down for TBOGT style triathlons too though.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

A thriatlon is a sports even....

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:44 AM

triathlon are meant to be long

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:48 AM

There wasn't any triathlons in TBOGT. They were called races. Switching from vehicle to vehicle doesn't mean triathlon.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:56 AM

Halfway through the bike section I accidently tried to turn my headlights on unknowing it quits the triathlon. 

My thumbs were not happy to say the least, 

• peardude likes this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:08 AM Edited by jarredxmorris, 09 February 2014 - 03:09 AM.

Wow, some people are arseholes. In TBOGT there were these special little races where you started out with a parachute, landed on a boat, raced your way to land and completed it with a car, complete with nitro. The game called these events triathlons, this is what the OP is saying, and is saying that the TBoGT events were more fun, which I agree with (though I don't agree with the general hostility towards R* over such decision). Though, it's more of a case of "why not both" for me. 

grasseyeball
  • grasseyeball

Man of Business

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

There wasn't any triathlons in TBOGT. They were called races. Switching from vehicle to vehicle doesn't mean triathlon.

There was a mission called triathlon that went from 1.parachute to 2.boat to 3.car. Three, hence the 'tri' in triathlon.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:20 AM

There was a mission called triathlon that went from 1.parachute to 2.boat to 3.car. Three, hence the 'tri' in triathlon.

Still, it doesn't technically count as a triathlon. 

Definition of triathlon:

"an athletic contest consisting of three different events, typically swimming, cycling, and long-distance running."

Driving a car around is not athletic. 

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:50 AM Edited by RominOctane, 09 February 2014 - 03:51 AM.

Wow, some people are arseholes. In TBOGT there were these special little races where you started out with a parachute, landed on a boat, raced your way to land and completed it with a car, complete with nitro. The game called these events triathlons, this is what the OP is saying, and is saying that the TBoGT events were more fun, which I agree with (though I don't agree with the general hostility towards R* over such decision). Though, it's more of a case of "why not both" for me.

I agree, that's what I was saying, they should have had both styles of triathlons and made better use of the resources they had in gta v.

Still, it doesn't technically count as a triathlon. 

Definition of triathlon:

"an athletic contest consisting of three different events, typically swimming, cycling, and long-distance running."[/size]

Driving a car around is not athletic. [/size]
I know a triathlon is a sporting thing and they were called races in tbogt. Gta usually has it's own [fun] spin on things like this. That's exactly what they did in tbogt. And they probably didn't call them triathlons because of the fact you stated above, but we all know that's what they were meant to be.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:51 AM Edited by Rock Howard, 09 February 2014 - 03:52 AM.

They were so fun in tbogt with parachuting,driving, and boating. Not saying that the type in V is horrible, but I thought we would unlock more fun ways to race as we complete each event. Instead it's the same swim, run, bike crap. This is a crime game called grand theft AUTO for crying out loud. What the f*ck happened to rockstar with all the poor decision making in this game.

With gta v having more types of vehicles and terrain than gta4 you would think they would do something more creative for the types of challenges in each event. I don't even think there are any air races of any kind in the game. This is really disappointing.

It's like the team that developed this game were a group toddlers. What do you guys think.

Do you even know what a triathlon is? I'm guessing no.

• The Odyssey likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

Halfway through the bike section I accidently tried to turn my headlights on unknowing it quits the triathlon. 

My thumbs were not happy to say the least, 

I accidently hit a pedestrian with the bike in the finish line crowd.

Never again.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:15 AM Edited by im_stoned, 09 February 2014 - 04:41 AM.

You all need to get over yourselves topic starter asked a simple question and because it involved questioning rockstars methods you all do the fanboy thing and attack him personally. Why don't you read his post before you try and look smart you know it all's. Most people in this thread are making themselves look dumb beyond belief

I for one agree with topic starter their should of been the option to do both. They have a huge detailed map why not use it ? Have 10 events 5 being traditional and 5 being TBOGT style that way everyone wins.

I also hate how theirs like 5 car ( streets races) I was hoping their would be a car race that takes you around the whole map and you switch between cars during the event. That would be insane. You could drive trucks, Sports cars ect. each car would be suited to the area you're racing in.  Remember vice citys race around the entire town that costs like $50,0000 to enter ? they need a race like that !

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:24 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 09 February 2014 - 04:25 AM.

Yeah The Franchise is called Grand Theft Auto but we got a game more focused on Bikes,TLAD and everyone loves it,so why is it just GTA 5 we get all these complains.and btw you could do Car Races when playing as Franklin.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:33 AM

To be fair, driving cars is fun, running and biking about is bollocks. Applies to both GTA and real life.

The only thing I gained from the GTA V triathlons was a stronger, sore thumb. Motorised triathlons would've been a lot better, especially with 5's water physics for the boat part.

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

"Come over here and lick my *BANANA BREAD*!"

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2013 "The Identity Crisis: The Problems with V's story."

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Who cares? We have yoga now.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:41 AM

COME ON, MAN BOOBS!!!

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

They WERE called Triathlons in The Ballad of Gay Tony, for those who are saying they weren't. A lot of you people are making yourselves look like assholes attempting to look so matter of fact about this stuff.

OP's got a great idea, it'd be nice to see BOGT's version of Triathlons in the game through the next DLC, It's bound to happen, as I felt like boats weren't really given much purpose in the game, and that would be a good way to give them more use.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:25 AM

It`s probably the same cum guzzling queen that decided catch up and slip streaming were also great ideas.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:27 AM

Atleast there were Achievement/Trophy for the Triathlons.

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:34 PM

Yeah The Franchise is called Grand Theft Auto but we got a game more focused on Bikes,TLAD and everyone loves it,so why is it just GTA 5 we get all these complains.and btw you could do Car Races when playing as Franklin.

Motor bikes also fall into the auto category you know?

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

They were great in TBoGT, parachuting directly into the boat you want, lauching the boat onto the shore when you get to the cars, choosing which car you want and then you had nitro boosts for the car section.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

Happy 1st Birthday GTA V

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:00 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 09 February 2014 - 03:08 PM.

Motor bikes also fall into the auto category you know?
True,but instead of Car theft Side-missions in GTA 4,there were knowns as Bike Theft,plus we couldnt do a race with Cars like in Previous GTAs (GTA 5 included) instead it a bike race.Every Thing about TLAD was Biker Focused.and it was the 2nd Gang Theme game in the Franchise after SA.it was also the only game not just in GTA but in the Openworld Genre,that shows that Cars arent only real deal.even the bike Physics were retooled just only for TLAD.God I Love it.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Fired, or forced to partake in a real triathlon, and shot at if they stop at any point before the finish (ok possibly harsh but my fingers still haven't recovered from the half hour one) 

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Well they changed it to mimic real life triathlons. Plus I think they put it in to help the stamina stat whereas in TBoGT we did have that stat so that may be a reason why they changed them.

• DutchGangsta likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users