Quantcast

» «
Photo

1 on 1 Deathmatches should have a betting system.

14 replies to this topic
Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Don't get me wrong, screwing around and making your own fun with other players in a spontaneous way without any real goal or measure is all very well by me, I enjoy having no real goals set for me in freeroam and just interacting with other players.

But I feel it could also do with a little spice, and this would all be completely optional. When challenging another player to a deathmatch, I think it would be much more interesting if you could set a bet limit. This would be limited by your cash I suppose. If the other player doesn't have enough cash then the amount played for is simply what he has on him. Winner takes all. There would be no restrictions at all, you could use any weapon, you could get one kill and run like hell, its all in the air. Going into these are completely up to you. I think this would make freeroam way more interesting for lower level players who actually have skill and want to take on higher level players.

Likewise, higher level players would have intense deathmatches if they decide to play with millions of dollars at stake.

You thought ego battles in freeroam were intense, this would make those shootouts with other cocky players even more intense.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

1on1 deathmatches are annoying as hell. Sometimes it triggers without you even want to do it. R* seems to have succeeded in making GTA V one big deathmatch anyway. 

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:14 PM Edited by Juanfartez, 08 February 2014 - 10:14 PM.

Stealing my ideas to make your own topics? Shame on you. m0196.gif

http://gtaforums.com...entry1064697666

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

....that's nothing like my idea. I said there should be no restrictions and other players shouldn't be doing the betting.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Why bother.?  You'll just be able to bet a measly $2500, and probably lose your bet at random even after winning.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

Why bother.?  You'll just be able to bet a measly $2500, and probably lose your bet at random even after winning.

I don't mean use the same system as normal bets, the amount you could bet would be unlimited.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

2lwna6x.jpg

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

Who the hell cares for 1v1 deathmatches?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:55 AM

I dont think I have ever had a 1v1 deathmatch as it just doesn't appeal to me, I like to play deathmatches in teams.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

That's cool.  :^:

It'll be nice if it sent some type of alert to the other players as well, for them to bet.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

Why would you play a 1v1 anyway?

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:24 AM Edited by Jack Reacher, 09 February 2014 - 01:25 AM.

...to win betting money.

All these replies about saying 1 on 1s are a waste of time. The point of the topic is to make them worth doing...

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:17 AM

Jack--  you're a reacher, pal.

Not gonna happen.  Limitless money in any way, shape or form, is prohibited in Los Santos.  We all play with scaps here.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:18 AM Edited by I.haigh, 09 February 2014 - 02:19 AM.

...to win betting money.

All these replies about saying 1 on 1s are a waste of time. The point of the topic is to make them worth doing...

They still wouldn't be worth doing, that was the point. Whether people bet or not it still wouldn't be worth it, the bet max is 2,500, and I highly doubt anyone would bet very much on a 1v1 in free roam even if they could bet as much as they wanted....well anyone with a brain anyway.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

...to win betting money.

They still wouldn't be worth doing, that was the point. Whether people bet or not it still wouldn't be worth it, the bet max is 2,500, and I highly doubt anyone would bet very much on a 1v1 in free roam even if they could bet as much as they wanted....well anyone with a brain anyway.

...like I said before the betting restrictions would be limitless, it would be unique to freeroam. 

As for people not betting, I don't know about that. I guess most casual freeroamer's wouldn't engage in this idea, that is totally fine by me nothing changes. For those who want a bit of excitement, or those who are actually skilled at the game and want to make something out of their skill, they would probably like this idea. People enjoy getting into intense shootouts in freeroam, this adds to that in a whole new level. Don't like it then don't accept the challenge....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users