Flappy Bird

70 replies to this topic
Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:20 PM

Have anyone tried Ironpants? It's a more difficult version of Flappy Bird. I managed to get 17 on it (and 36 on Flappy Bird).

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Brb

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:17 AM

Have anyone tried Ironpants? It's a more difficult version of Flappy Bird. I managed to get 17 on it (and 36 on Flappy Bird).

Harder? I got 54 on IronPants and 44 on Flappy Bird..

Chase177
  • Chase177

Procrastinator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:40 AM

I just checked the Google Play store, and Flappy Birds has been removed. I'm kinda glad this will die out now, and I'm surprised it got as popular as it did.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:39 AM

I can still play it on my phone, so it seems like millions will still be playing the game.

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

Yep, plus on android you could always download the .apk

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

He "couldn't take it anymore". :lol:

The only reason he pulled flappy birds from the store is because his game copied a few others. He would have loved making another 50k every day.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

The concept of gameplay is stolen from the Helicopter game as you said and the pipes from the Mario Bros. game , plus that looks like a fish to me

Yeah, it seems like a direct copy of the flying fish that jump out of the water, that struck me more than the pipes, as I am certain those pipes exist in a lot of other things.

Regardless, the game is alright, the only thing that actually gets annoying is having to hit the replay/start button every time you f*ck up, it is annoying as I get my hand and finger in a good spot and I always have to change that whenever I fail. If it just restarted whenever you tapped the phone again it would be a lot easier to handle and it isn't too bad, I just can't get past that.

"Dong" says apparenty it isn't anything to do with legal issues for taking it down. I smell bullsh*t. It no doubt would break some copyright laws, even just for the gameplay of it. I honestly don't think he even had any idea anyone would even see it. Best bet is to get out with the cash as soon as you can.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:55 AM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 10 February 2014 - 08:56 AM.

Brace yourself.

New No.1 free title on iOS - fly birdie.

https://itunes.apple...d806307963?mt=8

screen568x568.jpeg

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

If you have an iPhone with Flappy Bird still installed on it... SELL SELL SELL

http://www.latimes.c...0,4285691.story

What I don't understand is how people can get rid of any information on their phones that they don't want other people knowing (the buyer), but still keep Flappy Bird installed. How do you do that?

blitz
  • blitz

yeah no

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Peru
  • Newcomer of the Year 2011

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:56 PM Edited by blitz, 10 February 2014 - 10:57 PM.

Edit: f*ck, I just realized there's a similar thread on gaming chat. Mods, you can take this down if you like. :)

If you haven't been living under a rock you guys probably know this simple app store game. It's frustrating as sh*t but for some reason I can't stop playing it.

What are your high scores? I managed to get to 53 after a continuous 2 hours of trying.

Also I think the maker took it down yesterday...seems to me all the attention the game was getting eventually drove him insane. Either that or it's a genius marketing ploy. 

screen568x568.jpeg

What do you guys think about the game? Does it deserve all the attention it received after like a month since it's release? 

.JokeR
  • .JokeR

Madness is the emergency exit.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

It's a cool time waster, shame it got taken down, but I didn't uninstall it so I'm all good.

Johan
  • Johan

Brb

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

Brace yourself.

New No.1 free title on iOS - fly birdie.

https://itunes.apple...d806307963?mt=8

screen568x568.jpeg

This looks even worse... and lol at the in app purchases

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:52 AM

To all of you saying he stole this, stole that: He didn't.

I don't like the game, and I think it's a very poor concept albeit well executed. But newsflash: You can't patent mechanics. f*ck, he's created a helicopter game and got lucky with it. So what? I don't see you all complaining that CoD or BF or whathaveyou are stealing the FPS genre from Wolfenstein3D. I don't see you all claiming that all platforming games are ripping off either the first Mario or QBert or something. That the "original" 2011 version didn't get nearly as popular doesn't mean this one shouldn't, nor should it stop this one from existing, or no new games would be made ever.

This whole affair just shows that no one gets how the mobile market works or what people want. And f*ck, I didn't know Nintendo patented green pipes! Is it a pixel by pixel copy? No, then suck it. People bitch that King wants to patent "Candy" and "Saga", but it's fair game for Nintendo to have ownership of green pipes, eh? 

As for the 50k a day he's been allegedly making, I wanna see sources for that. I've seen articles throwing that number around, but no sources to back it up. 

So yeah, tl;dr one-man developer from Vietnam makes an app, is a smash hit, everyone bitches at him. I wonder if the reaction would be the same if he was some small kid from silicon valley or something of the sort.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340, Ermacs, Andreas and 1 other like this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

The game is kinda annoying as there are alot of my friends in Facebook posting their highest score. And it's very difficult; the score I managed to gain is only 14 and I don't think I can go further. But I don't think it's the worst game, I kinda agree for everyone that it's really addicting.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

my record  on Flappy Birds is 40. Downloaded it like 3 days ago for Android.

Dont know where the aggressions come from. Guess that stupid people dont know how to play it and blame the dev...

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• V Staff
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

The game got taken down but now, there is a new stupidity.

xbwt.png

They can't be serious :facedesk:

• Th3MaN1 likes this

haythem09
  • haythem09

Honorbru Dispray

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:53 PM

www.helicoptergame.net/‎

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

I don't get why people are selling devices with it on? I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that has flappy bird on it? You telling me some creeps wanna give me 10k

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

To all of you saying he stole this, stole that: He didn't.

I don't like the game, and I think it's a very poor concept albeit well executed. But newsflash: You can't patent mechanics. f*ck, he's created a helicopter game and got lucky with it. So what? I don't see you all complaining that CoD or BF or whathaveyou are stealing the FPS genre from Wolfenstein3D. I don't see you all claiming that all platforming games are ripping off either the first Mario or QBert or something. That the "original" 2011 version didn't get nearly as popular doesn't mean this one shouldn't, nor should it stop this one from existing, or no new games would be made ever.

This whole affair just shows that no one gets how the mobile market works or what people want. And f*ck, I didn't know Nintendo patented green pipes! Is it a pixel by pixel copy? No, then suck it. People bitch that King wants to patent "Candy" and "Saga", but it's fair game for Nintendo to have ownership of green pipes, eh? 

As for the 50k a day he's been allegedly making, I wanna see sources for that. I've seen articles throwing that number around, but no sources to back it up. 

So yeah, tl;dr one-man developer from Vietnam makes an app, is a smash hit, everyone bitches at him. I wonder if the reaction would be the same if he was some small kid from silicon valley or something of the sort.

http://www.theverge....guyen-interview

"In an interview with The Verge, Nguyen revealed that the game, which has been sitting atop the App Store and Google Play Store charts for nearly a month, is earning on average $50,000 a day from in-app ads."

If you have an iPhone with Flappy Bird still installed on it... SELL SELL SELL

http://www.latimes.c...0,4285691.story

What I don't understand is how people can get rid of any information on their phones that they don't want other people knowing (the buyer), but still keep Flappy Bird installed. How do you do that?

Anyone heard of fake bids? Why is this being reported so much? Many, many times has an item had joke/fake bids placed on it. No-one will buy one of those, and the bidders will just retract their bids when the bidding is over - if Ebay doesn't remove all of them. People aren't mentally retarded, thank you very much. 

Jesus. 

He "couldn't take it anymore". :lol:

The only reason he pulled flappy birds from the store is because his game copied a few others. He would have loved making another 50k every day.

No, he was a student at a Vietnamese uni who made a few games in his spare time. He didn't want the attention, he didn't like how people were being addicted to it, and - this shouldn't be hard to understand - not everybody thinks making lots of money is the be-all and end-all of life. Especially since he was getting death threats.

The idea he pulled it because it copied others is ridiculous. 

• hornedturtle likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

I find this game very frustrating, yet still addicting. My highest score so far is 46. This game was super hard at first, but I've gotten quite used to it. I can now easily get to 25-30. Getting to 50 is my current goal. At first, though, I could barely make it to 5.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

The game got taken down but now, there is a new stupidity.

xbwt.png

They can't be serious :facedesk:

Hey everyone, I have Flappy Bird on my Samsung S4 + multiple other games.

Anyone want to give me $200 000 for it?

Sneakyy
  • Sneakyy

eren on the streets titan in the sheets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Game used to be so mainstream. I thought it was easy to play.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

It's been taken off the app store so anything with it on might be considered valuable.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

So, I decided to look at the 'top new free' for games on the play store.

Aside from the new tidal wave of doctor game copycats (these people are fast), peppa pig games, apps that aren't games (what's the obsession with making the interface like iOS, but badly?)  and other blatant rip-off games (as usual), there's:

Clumsy bird

Ironpants

Splashy fish

Flappy pig

Fall out bird

Splashy fish (yup, same name)

Happy poo flap

Splashy the fish (...)

Flappy bird - goog utube twite (yes that's the full name)

Collision bird

Splashy fish (...yup, a third one)

Floppy fish 

Flappy pig (yup, same name)

Flappy penguin

~~(Top 100 stops here)~~

Flippy bird

Fatty bird

Splashy bird

Floppy birds

Floppy bird

Flap the bird

Flappy crocodile

Flying bird 3D

Flappy bat

Clumsy croc

Floppy fish

Clever bird

Floppy bird (yup, same name)

Floppy fish 2 (...a sequel. Already.)

Splashy fish 2 (...oh come on.)

And that's the top 200. The lowest one, Splashy fish 2, has over 1000 downloads.

This is why people don't take mobile gaming seriously. The people who it caters to are, for lack of a better word, morons. 

outlawfisherman
  • outlawfisherman

link223-IGN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I downloaded it right around the time they dropped it, and I can't see why it's so addicting.  It's kinda challenging and fun, but I don't see the big deal.  Although I've never really been addicted to mobile games.

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:27 AM

So, I decided to look at the 'top new free' for games on the play store.
Aside from the new tidal wave of doctor game copycats (these people are fast), peppa pig games, apps that aren't games (what's the obsession with making the interface like iOS, but badly?)  and other blatant rip-off games (as usual), there's:

Clumsy bird
Ironpants
Splashy fish
Flappy pig
Fall out bird
Splashy fish (yup, same name)
Happy poo flap
Splashy the fish (...)
Flappy bird - goog utube twite (yes that's the full name)
Collision bird
Splashy fish (...yup, a third one)
Floppy fish 
Flappy pig (yup, same name)
Flappy penguin
~~(Top 100 stops here)~~
Flippy bird
Fatty bird
Splashy bird
Floppy birds
Floppy bird
Flap the bird
Flappy crocodile
Flying bird 3D
Flappy bat
Clumsy croc
Floppy fish
Clever bird
Floppy bird (yup, same name)
Floppy fish 2 (...a sequel. Already.)
Splashy fish 2 (...oh come on.)

And that's the top 200. The lowest one, Splashy fish 2, has over 1000 downloads.

This is why people don't take mobile gaming seriously. The people who it caters to are, for lack of a better word, morons.

Don't forget the Miley Cyrus flappy bird parody.

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:42 AM

f*ck flappy

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

86 and i literally don't think i can top it.

Which is just aswell, as i am now bored of it anyway.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

I played it the other day, people kinda overrate this game IMO. I can see why it's fun for most people but I just can't get into it and it's also very similar to a copter game I used to play. :/

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

Ten Outta Fish

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Maverick Bird > Flappy Bird

Try Maverick Bird, it's like the more difficult version of Flappy Bird from the creator of Super Hexagon and VVVVVV Terry Cavanagh. Got some cool soundtrack and overall is better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users