Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Underground Areas, Reason for Less Interiors?

51 replies to this topic
a3HeadedMonkey
  • a3HeadedMonkey

People Smuggler

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Possibly, but this does not explain why there are modelled interiors such as Tequila-la which appears in a mission, but is closed off to us for the rest of the game.

It's like Bahama Mammas from BoGT all over again!

• G.S.T likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

I think it was just a case of them thinking that they were not necesary. It doesn't take a large team to create a restaurant interior, so it's not an issue of them running out of time. They didn't put these interiors in because such interiors are pointless and add nothing to the game. I mean really, what can you do in a Cluckin Bell other than eat. The underground system is great especially in mutliplayer and has so many more applications than a bloody restaurant which the trolls keep complaining about, but haters gonna hate huh?

Well I disagree. You're kind of missing the point as to why people keep complaining about their absence. For immersion purposes it was great just to be able to walk off the street and grab something to eat, maybe get a laugh from the employees insulting you, but they were a hot spot for shoot outs.

I had plenty of fun in IV killing cops at Cluckin Bell and watching their bodies pile up as they came through the door.
  • Iceman918 likes this

stobe187
  • stobe187

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Yeah, sure. And there is less car models because there is mountains on the map. And if the desert was smaller they could've had 10 airports.

I love how you people always have to find some kind of scapegoat. The ocean, the mountains, and now the subway tunnels?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

I've just been playing GTA V again, and one thing that I noticed was just how big and detailed the underground city system was. GTA IIII, San Andreas and IV did have underground train tunnels, but V seems to go even further by having a complete sewer system and a large amount of tunnels and construction sites, like the one you escaped through in the Jewel Store heist. And then you put in the amount of detail in rural areas, underwater reefs and Los Santos itself. Could this be a reason as to why there's less interiors than expected in the game? That Rockstar spent so much time detailing these certain areas that they didn't get around to modelling interior areas.

Still doesn't excuse the lack of restaurants though, I'm many of us wanted to re-enact that scene from Falling Down.

I agree that we should of had more interiors but like you said the underwater, subway sytem etc was probably a reason why we didn't get as many interiors as people would of liked. I personally would rather have more interiors and no underwater world in the next GTA VI as I didn't really miss going underwater in GTA IV to be honest.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:32 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 09 February 2014 - 03:56 PM.

The lack of interiors is also called "Last-Gen consoles". Same reason for the jaggies, the framerate, certain textures, etc.

For someone who sounds like a PC fanboy, you don't seem to understand how games work.

Saying the last-gen consoles were terrible makes me sound like a PC fanboy!? I have never been elitist about my PC. 

And how am I wrong? The consoles have 512MB of RAM. MB! That's not 2013 tech.

Bring in a massive, detailed open world, and that RAM is taking a hit. Plus the old CPU (At least on Xbox), and the old GPU's. and you have consoles that can't have AA, can't have a completely stable framerate, can't have great textures, etc.

I don't know what you're getting at...

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

there is a control tower in fort Zancudo, there is towers in the prison, and there is a cool office at the Merry Weather dock, and there are small doorways and warehouses in the industrial and dock areas. It's not that we don't have enough interiors, its that we are either not able to visit them without being shot at heavily or we are never shown them.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Underground doesn't have anything to do with interiors. The game has enough interiors, which are needed. You would never have the use for unnecessary interiors. Back in San Andreas, there were interiors, I never used even once.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

Well... we also have a bank, a police station, Beeker's garage, several clothing stores, barber shops, 24/7 supermarkets, airport hangars and terminal halls, Fleeca Banks scattered around the whole map, Trevor's meth lab, sometimes I think you people never take your time to explore, also there is the Saw mill, the IAA office.. and even more!

• SuburbansWorst likes this

Mr Oraange
  • Mr Oraange

shriek

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Do you really think Rockstar didn't think that people would enjoy entering restaurants? Just wait for teh downloadble contents.

• Osho likes this

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

The lack of interiors is also called "Last-Gen consoles". Same reason for the jaggies, the framerate, certain textures, etc.

For someone who sounds like a PC fanboy, you don't seem to understand how games work.

Saying the last-gen consoles were terrible makes me sound like a PC fanboy!? I have never been elitist about my PC. 

Bring in a massive, detailed open world, and that RAM is taking a hit. Plus the old CPU (At least on Xbox), and the old GPU's. and you have consoles that can't have AA, can't have a completely stable framerate, can't have great textures, etc.

It's not console limitations. I have no clue why people are so easily jumping to this conclusion. They probably didn't see the restaurants as necessary.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure GTAV has more interiors that can be accessed during free roaming than Vanilla GTAIV, If not, then very close to it. I can only imagine that more interiors will be added through DLC.

mastershake616
  • mastershake616

The Wolf of BAWSAQ

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:36 PM

I'm waiting for that dude from the "Cool little things you didn't know about" thread with the Jimmy avatar to come in here and silence all of you with a list of the interiors in this game. According to his list, there's well over one hundred interiors. 

Not until this game have I heard so much whining about not being able to walk inside of buildings and eat hamburgers in a video game. "Fill my health by eating a hamburger, otherwise it's not immersive enough..."

Tommy Vercetti will have the special. CJ will have the salad. Niko will engulf a hotdog in two seconds. Michael, Trevor, and Franklin will smoke bongs, get drunk, rob stores, fly airplanes and jets and man submarines, customize cars and weapons, play golf and tennis, parachute, hunt, encounter random events and get blowjobs instead. 

• SuburbansWorst and Lowi like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

I like how people say "You wouldn't use them" as though they have any idea how I play my game. I'd use them.

• Miamivicecity and Capitalist Communist like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

I'm waiting for that dude from the "Cool little things you didn't know about" thread with the Jimmy avatar to come in here and silence all of you with a list of the interiors in this game. According to his list, there's well over one hundred interiors. 

Not until this game have I heard so much whining about not being able to walk inside of buildings and eat hamburgers in a video game. "Fill my health by eating a hamburger, otherwise it's not immersive enough..."

Tommy Vercetti will have the special. CJ will have the salad. Niko will engulf a hotdog in two seconds. Michael, Trevor, and Franklin will smoke bongs, get drunk, rob stores, fly airplanes and jets and man submarines, customize cars and weapons, play golf and tennis, parachute, hunt, encounter random events and get blowjobs instead. 

You could, you know, copy and paste his list, or link to the comment, or something...

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

The fact that you don't know what you're talking about is what he's getting at. Interiors are a streaming asset. They could have hundreds of buildings enterable, main hold back is disc space and time to design them.
  • Capitalist Communist likes this

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

The fact that you don't know what you're talking about is what he's getting at. Interiors are a streaming asset. They could have hundreds of buildings enterable, main hold back is disc space and time to design them.

Don't worry about TheLittleFocker, she thinks she knows it all plus she's a R* fangirl and she also refuses to use common sense or accept defeat, typical woman, I think it could actually be one of those Liberal feminists, so don't expect any sense to come out of her.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:03 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 10 February 2014 - 02:08 AM.

Don't worry about TheLittleFocker, she thinks she knows it all plus she's a R* fangirl and she also refuses to use common sense or accept defeat, typical woman, I think it could actually be one of those Liberal feminists, so don't expect any sense to come out of her.

Wow, there's something wrong with you...

Disc space is a console limitation, though. At least I would think it is. It's one of the biggest problems with the 360.

I was mistake about it being RAM, but not about it being an old console problem, which is what I was trying to get at.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

Still wrong though, they could have reduced 360 audio and video quality even more to fit in an extra interior or two.

Oh and as for what he said, look up Gordon Morehead.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Secretly a GTA IV fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:12 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 10 February 2014 - 03:15 AM.

Still wrong though, they could have reduced 360 audio and video quality even more to fit in an extra interior or two.

I don't think they would just for one or two interiors though.

Well, it depends on how much quality they reduce.

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

I think it was just a case of them thinking that they were not necesary. It doesn't take a large team to create a restaurant interior, so it's not an issue of them running out of time. They didn't put these interiors in because such interiors are pointless and add nothing to the game. I mean really, what can you do in a Cluckin Bell other than eat. The underground system is great especially in mutliplayer and has so many more applications than a bloody restaurant which the trolls keep complaining about, but haters gonna hate huh? 

I'd say the underground system is definitely not great. The subway (or what's it called) appears to only have 1 train, which can be a pain in the ass to wait for. Also, most entrances to the subway are quite a walk, and they are virtually impossible to enter with a vehicle. In the rare occasion that you do actually get on the track with - let's say - a bike, it's impossible to leave the track on a different station, because you cannot climb the plateau. So you end up circling the entire track until you end up near the LS river. The range of the track is also very limited, covering only a small part of LS (I'm aware of the lack of public transport in LA). I've had quite a few times where I discovered a subway entrance, and I still think I haven't seen all of them. But they feel pointless. 

I'm not sure about the 'tunnels' some of you are mentioning. Yeah, there's that tunnel from the Heist mission, which you enter from the freeway and exit in the LS river. That's it. I can't see why anyone would call it a huge underground area.

OT, I don't think it has anything to do with interiors (or lack of). I think they weren't able to make them load fast enough in freeroam. For me, it's the only thing in V that's dissapointing. It's the difference between a breathing world and buildings that feel like cardboard boxes. 

• Miamivicecity likes this

Lowi
  • Lowi

Homie

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Underwater world>Interiors.

fac316
  • fac316

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

Well, at least the towers in the prison and military base are enterable.

But the burger shot and cluckin' bell interiors should have returned.

I think that they thought that the soda machines would replace them, that way they'd focus on yoga

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:30 PM Edited by daliakiller, 10 February 2014 - 11:31 PM.

Well, this is R*'s "most ambitious" game. They probably thought that nobody cared about interior restaurants, and focused on underwater and underground sections of the map instead.

In next gta: Both! Everybody happy.

Next GTA: none of it, lack of yoga and people complaining about it..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users