Quantcast

» «
Photo

The Underground Areas, Reason for Less Interiors?

51 replies to this topic
Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:09 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 08 February 2014 - 08:09 PM.

I've just been playing GTA V again, and one thing that I noticed was just how big and detailed the underground city system was. GTA IIII, San Andreas and IV did have underground train tunnels, but V seems to go even further by having a complete sewer system and a large amount of tunnels and construction sites, like the one you escaped through in the Jewel Store heist. And then you put in the amount of detail in rural areas, underwater reefs and Los Santos itself. Could this be a reason as to why there's less interiors than expected in the game? That Rockstar spent so much time detailing these certain areas that they didn't get around to modelling interior areas.

Still doesn't excuse the lack of restaurants though, I'm many of us wanted to re-enact that scene from Falling Down.

• Cameron, PeriodZeroHero and MichaelPayneV like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Well, this is R*'s "most ambitious" game. They probably thought that nobody cared about interior restaurants, and focused on underwater and underground sections of the map instead.

• PeriodZeroHero and StJimmy like this

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Well, this is R*'s "most ambitious" game. They probably thought that nobody cared about interior restaurants, and focused on underwater and underground sections of the map instead.

Are you kidding me, bro? 

Sewage systems > Interiors

:p

• fac316 and PeriodZeroHero like this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

In next gta: Both! Everybody happy.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Are you kidding me, bro? 

Sewage systems > Interiors

:p

I actually miss the interior restaurants. They made IV amazing. They should have returned in V.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I like it, it adds to the immersion and you really do feel like you're under a city when you're down there. Although, its rare that I use them, similar to interiors. I want them, but I'll only use them like once or twice and that's it.

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, me too. I was just joking. :p

• Detective Phelps likes this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Well, at least the towers in the prison and military base are enterable.

But the burger shot and cluckin' bell interiors should have returned.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

Not having at least one Up N Atom be enterable was a mistake. I find it hard to understand how they could have figured out that In N Out was a SoCal institution, but neglect to let us actually visit one in game.

It's possible that the underground areas contributed to this but frankly, I think they just ran out if time.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:40 PM

I think the ocean has more to do with it than the underground.

It doesn't bother me though. Less interiors is kinda saddening, but I'll take an explorable underwater area over 10 restaurants with similar interiors any day.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

It's possible that the underground areas contributed to this but frankly, I think they just ran out if time.

They run out of time, despite delaying the game? :lol:

I don't mind the lack of interiors, to be honest. R* probably thought that nobody would mind if there were no restaurant interiors.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Yeah, they ran out of time.

Next-gen was on the horizon, and remember after the delay in spring they announced the very specific Sept 17 release date. To me, it's pretty clear that someone high up set that date, not R* themselves. Someone had a window in their head and profits would suffer if they had kept delaying it.

Had it been up to R* I can almost guarantee we'd still be waiting to play this game.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

I'd rather have enterable restuarants and a bunch of other interiors, over some lame copy/paste ocean floor that pretty much nobody goes to. The ONLY reason for that ocean floor is for a bunch of collectibles to stretch out the gameplay time for anyone exciting enough to try and reach 100%.

It's a shame, because before the game released R* showed diving to be part of the normal gameplay. I expected we'd see boats with scuba gear, and a few visual pointers for where to stop and dive.

Is that the case with diving? Nope.

What you actually do is trawl around for 20 minutes finding a boat that actually has scuba gear. Then you head out to sea. Dive underwater. Nothing there. Come back to surface. Boat starts floating away. Chase after boat for half an hour until it eventually reaches land and stops.

Rinse. And repeat.
  • [µT] and Boxman108 like this

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

What you actually do is trawl around for 20 minutes finding a boat that actually has scuba gear. Then you head out to sea. Dive underwater. Nothing there. Come back to surface. Boat starts floating away. Chase after boat for half an hour until it eventually reaches land and stops.

That's if a shark doesn't kill you first. :lol:

• Cameron likes this

RominOctane
  • RominOctane

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Time to model the interiors isn't the reason why this game lacks interiors. There are already tons of interiors that were fully explorable, but they are all mission exclusives. Rockstar probably intentionally cut these from free roam as part of some stupid dlc or just out of plain retarded decision making.

Aleph-Zero
  • Aleph-Zero

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

In next gta: Both! Everybody happy.

Or they make another "GTA IV". Smaller map, no planes, no parachute :)

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:22 PM

I'd rather have enterable restuarants and a bunch of other interiors, over some lame copy/paste ocean floor that pretty much nobody goes to. The ONLY reason for that ocean floor is for a bunch of collectibles to stretch out the gameplay time for anyone exciting enough to try and reach 100%.It's a shame, because before the game released R* showed diving to be part of the normal gameplay. I expected we'd see boats with scuba gear, and a few visual pointers for where to stop and dive.Is that the case with diving? Nope.What you actually do is trawl around for 20 minutes finding a boat that actually has scuba gear. Then you head out to sea. Dive underwater. Nothing there. Come back to surface. Boat starts floating away. Chase after boat for half an hour until it eventually reaches land and stops.Rinse. And repeat.

That is not Rockstars fault, you simply suck at diving and finding wreakages in the ocean. Hell there is even a hatch like the one in Lost in the ocean. Chasing a boat for a half hour? Was it speeding away lol or do you doggy paddle?

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

V seems to go even further by having a complete sewer system and a large amount of tunnels and construction sites. And then you put in the amount of detail in rural areas, underwater reefs and Los Santos itself. Could this be a reason as to why there's less interiors than expected in the game?

Basically what you just said is that there is so much detail in every area in the game, that they couldn't fit anymore. 

Thats kind of how it works....

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

The lack of interiors is also called "Last-Gen consoles". Same reason for the jaggies, the framerate, certain textures, etc.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

We dont have restaurants but we have 24/7's, Gas Stations and Liquor Stores. R* figured out adding both would take some space so instead they decided to only let the convenience stores in add the ability to eat and rob it.

My mind boggles in how some people find it hard to understand this yet.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:55 PM Edited by SmoothGetaway, 08 February 2014 - 11:56 PM.

We dont have restaurants but we have 24/7's, Gas Stations and Liquor Stores. R* figured out adding both would take some space so instead they decided to only let the convenience stores in add the ability to eat and rob it.

I agree with you and MasterFocker, but was wondering why not at least one Up N Atom? Its all over the game but I can't buy a burger from SoCals finest? It's a really minor thing I know, but I had to say it.

Anyway, the mission specific interiors were loaded, skip pretty much any cutscene to see this. I personally wouldn't have minded a brief loading screen but R* apparently didn't feel the same way. It's pretty clear these consoles are being pushed, but I still think they ran out of time to do everything they wanted.

Also, yes I'm factoring in console limitations.

Schismatist
  • Schismatist

The forum asshole

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:03 AM Edited by Schismatist, 09 February 2014 - 12:04 AM.

I was honestly impressed by how many purposeless interiors there were in the game, there were many interesting areas like barns with openings, the Pacific Standard Bank, and all the sort. GTAIV had plenty of different interiors environments but suffers from the same issue as GTAV where they're mission exclusive. I felt as if there was a lot more interiors open in GTAV than in GTAIV during normal play, perhaps there was even more in general.

I really don't think console limitations are a big role in this, Just Cause 2 has a much larger map than what we see in GTAV, I don't really think GTAV's pushing all that many limitations here.

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:03 AM

Well IV was going to have Rusty Browns, Pings and Pizza stack but... you know, limitations. I would of had wanted the Up-N-Atom Burger to work but they might come back in NG or PC, Clucking Bell and Burger Short ints were found in the files too...

• SmoothGetaway likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:12 AM

I agree with you and MasterFocker, but was wondering why not at least one Up N Atom? Its all over the game but I can't buy a burger from SoCals finest? It's a really minor thing I know, but I had to say it.

Anyway, the mission specific interiors were loaded, skip pretty much any cutscene to see this. I personally wouldn't have minded a brief loading screen but R* apparently didn't feel the same way. It's pretty clear these consoles are being pushed, but I still think they ran out of time to do everything they wanted.

Also, yes I'm factoring in console limitations.

Because having only one restaurant would be weird. At least to me lol.

Probably not the reason at all :p

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:41 AM Edited by jarredxmorris, 09 February 2014 - 12:41 AM.

I think it was just a case of them thinking that they were not necesary. It doesn't take a large team to create a restaurant interior, so it's not an issue of them running out of time. They didn't put these interiors in because such interiors are pointless and add nothing to the game. I mean really, what can you do in a Cluckin Bell other than eat. The underground system is great especially in mutliplayer and has so many more applications than a bloody restaurant which the trolls keep complaining about, but haters gonna hate huh? 

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

I think more interiors add realism but the biggest travesty IMO is having this huge ass f*cking mall and not having  it enterable.They did it in vice I don`t see why they couldn`t of done it in V.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:30 AM

I think more interiors add realism but the biggest travesty IMO is having this huge ass f*cking mall and not having  it enterable.They did it in vice I don`t see why they couldn`t of done it in V.

That mall in VC and VCS was amazing. I still remember helping the VCPD by beating up criminals. They gave a good citizen bonus back then. 

Well, at least there is a underwater map for exploration.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

The maps detailed but to make the entire map, buildings and so on accessible  would take years and by then it would be too late because the consoles would have moved on. So the question people need to ask themselves is do we want a game we can play now or a game we may never be able to have because there's to much memory for our consoles to take.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

Those underground areas are a part of upcoming Heists or story updates, most likely!!
I don't think underground areas are the reason for having less interiors, if at all.
Aren't those restaurants and tons of other areas (interiors) locked?
I mean, they are enterable only not accessible till Rockstar releases some updates, otherwise it's just silly that they make the exteriors with no interiors to access them and use.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

The lack of interiors is also called "Last-Gen consoles". Same reason for the jaggies, the framerate, certain textures, etc.

For someone who sounds like a PC fanboy, you don't seem to understand how games work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users