Vehicle Mods-Offset Hunt

3 replies to this topic
vPootieTangv
  • vPootieTangv

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Salutations and apologies if this question has been brought up before.

I just recently started using the save editor and discovered i could extract the actual car file and open it in a hex editor and it is a relatively small hex sheet.

My question is before i jump into it blindly, has anyone on here tampered with the vehicle he sheets? if so could you share some of the offsets with me? 

I can go through and figure out whats what in the hex sheet but if anyone has already done this it would save me a few days of trial and error, in return i'd be willing to help with anything if i can get a hand.

For example the main things im looking to do is suspension (ride height) for instance slamming a sandking XL to be a few inches off the ground or even possibly swapping parts between vehicles (spoilers and bumbpers and such) also increasing the value of the turbos/engine mods ect ect.

Any comments,speculation,help is welcome.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Are you looking for something like this?

vPootieTangv
  • vPootieTangv

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:14 AM Edited by vPootieTangv, 09 February 2014 - 05:14 AM.

that got me in the right direction, though that was mainly just people changing value in the save editor, although i did stumble across a hexing post that got me started, i think i have already got the offsets for the suspension for all 4 car slots, each car only has a single byte value for the suspension except for the sandking had 2 other bytes a few rows down that changed as well so im about to test what editing them does and hopefully ill have a significantly lowered sandking.

Ill be posting all my finds here as well as the offsets of any sucsessfull mods.

Results of suspension modding via hex in the psin block file: failed it seems if you go over the value of the  high end mod it just reverts the car in game back to the stock ride height, same goes for the turbo and engine mods.

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

President of Texas

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

hey dude here is what I have found to do with hex,

If your familiar with hex editing, you know where the code is for the lisence plate.
For most people we use the North Yankton plate where the number for that is 05,
if you go exactly 7 lines below that and change the 01 to a 02 it will add a twin turbo
to your vehicle. Just be careful, I have heard that it doesn't stick if you highlight turbo
in the mod shop sometime.
EDIT: If you drive into LSC at all, apparently it removes the twin turbo all around.
So be careful, may have to just tank glitch every car into your garage, and learn how
to update the cars via save editor with advanced options.

Body options, usally obtained via "Advanced Options" on a save editor:

Stock Stratum(body type: stock in advanced options)
66 B4 FC 45
00 00 00 00
00 00 02 00

255 Stratum(body type: 225[All non LSC options installed] in advanced options)
66 B4 FC 45
00 00 00 00
00 00 02 FF

Ok, so I compared a Stratum with and without the 225 body option
in a hex editor and here is the difference, so you change the 00 two
rows below 47 to FF and you get the 225 body option, I am going to
play around with different numbers in this slot later.

Cars that have the ability to have "Twin Turbo" badging via body 225, can have twin turbos that stick to it.

Life Gaurge Blazer:
Body type-00, removes all stuff
Body type-01, puts just box
Body type-02, just float
Body type-03, everything

Pheonix w/o Spoiler:
Body style-01
spoiler-06

Alloy - 414c4c4f59

part4_zpsd6f4e231.jpg?t=1389062198

Colors:

Spoiler