Photo

Sigh... GTA Online

52 replies to this topic
MrClutch
  • MrClutch

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:35 PM Edited by MrClutch, 08 February 2014 - 06:01 PM.

What's up everyone?

Im pretty sure we all agree that GTA V is the greatest game to ever suck online right?  :panic: I love the game as much as I hate the game... terrible feeling. 

I just want to go over the reasons it does. 

GTA IV has a much better online system:

- You don't automatically get pushed into free mode, you are free to choose a fair amount of modes that other people actually want to play because they chose it.

ie: You choose Team DM, suddenly you see a whole lobby full of people who want to do this and people join endlessly. Just as you should be able to do in GTA online you want to select "Mission" and a whole bunch of people who want to do missions join at will.... 

Since GTA V doesn't allow this, everyone is spread out doing other things and making it boring more than half the time. Its rare for the whole damn lobby to have straight up shoot outs and I deeply miss that. Free mode is for people who want to screw with each other or join together and attack cops, not to have a bunch of damn options other than that. Only thing that should be in free mode is the houses, stores, mod shops, so you'd have nothing left to do but have shootouts. 

- Since its about 1 player in my area half the time, I have no choice but to kill him and run him over till he quits lol  :lol:

- Please stop impounding my cars and destroying them... why? It's a damn video game, If I take care of business then die while the cops are on me, im already pissed off. Now I get a notification saying that my "car has been impounded" urrrrrgh! :devil: Now I have to make a long drive steal it with the cops back on me, pay the fee, or just pay for the destroyed car, 

- Once you lose players in a lobby, kiss them goodbye.... you will never see another player ever again.  

- Every time you start up online you are forced back in GTA V and it takes so damn long  :v: like sometimes you'd have to trouble shoot it.

- Frame rate issues... I mean I can rarely enjoy a fast drive in my car without this freezing issue occurring. It even messes up when I am chasing people.

- You can't turn the cops off, you can't adjust a spawning radius, cant turn off free aim. 

- You get penalized for blowing up owned cars -___- and for F's sake get this damn insurance out of here, just make the car comeback via mechanic call. The mechanic is a bit stupid at times too. I think it would be better if the car just spawns like in a cheat code.

- When you want to shoot an opponent literally in front of you , you aim at a damn cop or random person instead..... FML!!!!  :( Priorities GTA priorities, this doesn't even make sense. 

- The pay for missions suck, they want you to treat this like a real life thing.... 

- I am a huge car enthusiast and I am so sick of the damn backfire coming out of every car I upgrade.... that is a option in real life, to have that on or not... I prefer it off. Driving is my favorite part of the game too. 

- More car upgrades and realistic prices. ie taillights, more headlights, cheaper rims please etc... 19-20k for effin rims...30k 50k turbos -___- 

- You should be able to hide in stores if the cops are on you

- Bigger garages... I had billions and never satisfied with my garage and had to make sacrifices. 

- Better fighting system

- If your mic is out, you cant hear what people say.... that's smart yet not smart lol 

- You cant see who's talking, you'd have to ask. 

I just really think GTA 4 is actually better than GTA 5, the online is done better and the story mode was longer. GTA 5 looks very good man (loved all the characters), they have done a great job but it just so poorly executed... Its like Peyton Manning, great QB but he can't win the big games. GTA 5 has not won me over.. if GTA 4 had better car handling, a mod shop, store robberies and a clothing store, it would be better. 

Add to the list if you want to guys. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Dude... Its easy to sit there all day and rip on R* for some of the bad choices they made.

I love this game.. And i could sit here for hours complaining about what R* should have did.  

But, it is what it is.   Love it or leave or try to change it :D

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

While a couple of your points I agree with I do not believe that GTA Online sucks. I enjoy every moment I am on there. I dont worry about what others are doing in a lobby because I usually play with friends only so we are always having fun together

• G37 likes this

MrClutch
  • MrClutch

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

While a couple of your points I agree with I do not believe that GTA Online sucks. I enjoy every moment I am on there. I dont worry about what others are doing in a lobby because I usually play with friends only so we are always having fun together

Even so.. dont you want to mess with other people with your friends? 

Dude... Its easy to sit there all day and rip on R* for some of the bad choices they made.

I love this game.. And i could sit here for hours complaining about what R* should have did.  

You should always point out errors than can be fixed in a game to make it better for all of us. Devs listen to the people. 

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

You should always point out errors than can be fixed in a game to make it better for all of us. Devs listen to the people. 

OOh... i agree.

Just do yourself a favor an never make it sound like a'bitch and moan' thread.    Some people just hate the game and just want to complain.

Some people love the game and just want to see it improved   Try making sure you don fall into the bitch and moan side, because that just gets more troll responses.  Since this is supposed to be a fan forums :D

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

I was with you up until you brought up Peyton Manning.

You done messed up boy...

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

OP got some points and we all know that BUT if youre so unsatisfied with gtao, no one is holding you from putting IV on your console...
  • darkwar854, beastjeffrey, L5B4LIF3 and 1 other like this

Coin
  • Coin

You know it.

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Some of your points are valid and worthy of consideration. The first four points are utter garbage though and detract from the valid points.

OP got some points and we all know that BUT if youre so unsatisfied with gtao, no one is holding you from putting IV on your console...

Most importantly... Carimbo wins.

• CarimboHanky likes this

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

The only ChrilLe you know and need!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

What's up everyone?

Im pretty sure we all agree that GTA V is the greatest game to ever suck online right?  :panic:

1031.gif

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:33 PM Edited by MantisFang, 08 February 2014 - 05:34 PM.

smell ya later!

See+Ya+Later_3b868e_4265876.gif

thanks for playin!

• a20characterusername and Coin like this

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

GTA Online sucks so bad... Waa Waa Waa..

Sure it could do with tweaking and some fried egg n chips being added, plus better everything else it would seem.. So get programming instead of bitching and give us all that GTA Online experience we deserve... Cheers..

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

lawl @ the kid with the "OH EM GEE!  GTA V ONLINE SUCKS!" thread....LOVE it!  These kids can always make me laugh...makes for a better day!

am30
  • am30

Being Scottish isn't a crime

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

You are wrong on pretty much every point.  I honestly don't know where to begin.

• Berrics7 likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:42 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 08 February 2014 - 05:50 PM.

I signed up to this forum when the GTAO trailer first came out.  Saw that there was stealth in the game, saw pictures of Trevor crouching only to find out that is only for cover.  I Saw that I could create my own character. I saw HEISTS.  We were lied to for the most part.

I am a stealth enthusiast, there is nothing I love more than seeing the backs of my enemies.

I love stalking and waiting to make my move at the right moment.  Stealth gives our playstyle the advantage over run and gun idiots, I am an ambush predator and that is the way of the snake.

I can't do none of that sh*t here, I don't get the satisfaction of sneaking up to someone and killing them from my first initial strike.

The white blips annoy me, the tanks annoy me, the head on gung ho gunfights are stupid, the weapon wheel is stupid and cartoonish.  This game does everything to f*ck up my playstyle and that is why it gets so much hate from me.

Also because it doesn't have enough criminal elements or options to lockpick a car instead of breaking the glass every time.  I've been down since GTA 2, MOST of everyone else prbly started on GTA 3 when the game first went 3 dimensional.  All I want is for them to cater to my playstyle and to go back to their criminal roots.

Still feels like there is sh*t else to do except unlock more tattoos, which is sad as f*ck because at least in San Andreas I always went back to hit the pool table.  Billiards > tennis & golf

I'll keep talking sh*t until they do something right.  You can love a game and still be critical, stop riding rockstars dick so hard.  Those are the only types who post nowadayz.

• MrClutch likes this

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Two good points, the bigger garages and cops off, apart from that do not agree with you, also:

Yes you can, the online part of menu, go to players and you'll see a list of players and if they have a mic on you'll a speaker next to it, so no you don't have to ask.

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

If you're near them and can see their gamertag above the players head, you'll see a speaker symbol appear when they make a noise.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

How do you not find everyone killing each other?  That's all free mode is.

Mr.Faustin
  • Mr.Faustin

El Presidente.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

What's up everyone?

Im pretty sure we all agree that GTA V is the greatest game to ever suck online right?  :panic:

No.

• Berrics7 likes this

MrClutch
  • MrClutch

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

I think these are all simple things... y'all know the matchmaking sucks as well as other things.... stop being bitches. I was rooting for the Broncos BTW, I see some mad fans here lol 

Only thing wrong with IV is the graphics, physics, clothes/car shops, other than that its better laid out than V. If you can't understand then f**k off. 

• ShinobiFixer likes this

guygamer1
  • guygamer1

Domestic Battery Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Nah man, I love gtao. Only issue I have is every time I go online, I seem to be showering and then it's walking alllllll the way back up to get to my garage. 

Lazy aren't I?

• Berrics7 likes this

L5B4LIF3
  • L5B4LIF3

Show's Over, Clown!

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:59 PM Edited by L5B4LIF3, 08 February 2014 - 05:59 PM.

I think these are all simple things... y'all know the matchmaking sucks as well as other things.... stop being bitches. I was rooting for the Broncos BTW, I see some mad fans here lol 

Only thing wrong with IV is the graphics, physics, clothes/car shops, other than that its better laid out than V. If you can't understand then f**k off. 

A lot more things wrong with it that.. for one nearly every free mode i went into in IV was littered with players spamming (Player) wants to play deathmatch/Team Deathmatch.. (so it switches to a new lobby because of 5-4 vote) go jog off to deathmatch then some of us want screw around with cops.

Aero Dynamo
  • Aero Dynamo

Lethal Xbox Gaming Crew [LXG]

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

I just really think GTA 4 is actually better than GTA 5

Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles....

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

I disagree with pretty much everything the OP wrote. It's disappointing that people would want GTA to be a pvp spawn killing fest.
Cars spawning like cheat codes.... come on.

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:06 PM Edited by Hobs, 08 February 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Well not "everyone" one is going to agree with one another, I think your forgetting the orginal GTA series, we never had online on gta 1,2,3 people played the story... enjoyed the 'free roam singlerplayer'

So what im trying to say is that GTA V isn't purely online focused, I for one 'like it' this way my personal opinion is that GTA V singleplayer is where I'd rather spend my time.

cheers!
  • ShinobiFixer likes this

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

Personally I don't see how people can think that GTAIV's online is better than V's. In GTAIV's online there was NOTHING, no missions, a few death matches and other modes. GTAV's online offers all of these and MORE. I wish they would have put a cap on how high you level up though, maybe do a Legendary mode like they did for RDR because being rank 208 puts people off when I join a lobby and they either kick me or leave the session. They should have done it the same as RDR so when you go legendary you get special unlocks. They could have done it with the pink, gold, platinum gun skins actually. But they don't seem to be doing something like that. Surely it'd be easy to rectify right? Just save the player's RP and put them at the cap so when they enter legendary mode they just get any RP they had beyond the cut off point towards the next level of legendary. So if you were level 300, level 150 is the cap, you'd just be on the second level of legendary about to go onto the third. I wish they had done this.

Watch Tower
  • Watch Tower

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

There should be a section like the find a group and gameplay sections where people can post long, over-written tirades no one will read.

MrClutch
  • MrClutch

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

I disagree with pretty much everything the OP wrote. It's disappointing that people would want GTA to be a pvp spawn killing fest.

Oh you're one of those lil girls in passive mode... if i want my car and someone is on my ass, the mechanic's dumb ass either takes long or drives off with my f*cking car. Just have my car spawn like a cheat code, i dont need this extra wait. 

JoeMamma
  • JoeMamma

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

lawl

Oh you're one of those lil girls in passive mode... if i want my car and someone is on my ass, the mechanic's dumb ass either takes long or drives off with my f*cking car. Just have my car spawn like a cheat code, i dont need this extra wait. 

Just because someone goes into online mode and doesn't want to be griefed from the second they step foot in a server to the time they find a new session doesn't mean they're a "lil girl in passive mode".  Jesus titty-f*ckin Christ.

• XJpostman, L5B4LIF3 and Berrics7 like this

MrClutch
  • MrClutch

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:24 PM Edited by MrClutch, 08 February 2014 - 06:28 PM.

Personally I don't see how people can think that GTAIV's online is better than V's. In GTAIV's online there was NOTHING, no missions, a few death matches and other modes. GTAV's online offers all of these and MORE. I wish they would have put a cap on how high you level up though, maybe do a Legendary mode like they did for RDR because being rank 208 puts people off when I join a lobby and they either kick me or leave the session. They should have done it the same as RDR so when you go legendary you get special unlocks. They could have done it with the pink, gold, platinum gun skins actually. But they don't seem to be doing something like that. Surely it'd be easy to rectify right? Just save the player's RP and put them at the cap so when they enter legendary mode they just get any RP they had beyond the cut off point towards the next level of legendary. So if you were level 300, level 150 is the cap, you'd just be on the second level of legendary about to go onto the third. I wish they had done this.

What I mean is the online set up, how people can join endlessly and game modes have separate pools. Like say I choose Team DM on the phone right... fine im in a lobby cool, after that people leave and never come again or like its a vote for a different gamemode... WTF

Cant turn cops off

the autoaim is stupid, another player right in front of you and you aim on a cop or random civilian. 

I signed on IV like last week and was very hype by how many people where in the same area just killing 

everything else is on the list. 

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

You accuse him of being s "lil girl" and then moan about having to wait for your car so you can escape, or runaway, from an attacker.  Serious logic fail from someone who wants GTA O to be an even bigger spawn kill fest than it already is.

• XJpostman and Berrics7 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users