Photo

Fellow racers, letīs take action.

162 replies to this topic
FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

If you can turn off catch up then why not the slip stream as well in the options. It's off in free roam so why the hell not give the option in races. People have their preferences. Our crew would enjoy racing more without the stupid slipstream and we would have it off in our lobbies. On the other hand, people like Accendo who like to hang back until the finish line and rocket past everyone for the win, well you can have your cake and eat it too man. It's all about giving people who play the game the choice.

Good point. It would be outrageous if we were forced to race with guns active everytime. instead they added GTA races and normal ones to please everybody. Something like this keeps everyone happy.

• Kahkenbols likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Lol I'm trolling because I don't have such massive issues driving my car? The implication being that if I DON'T crash in corners due to slipstream somehow that makes me an inferior racer?
Lmfao you children are funny.
You adapt to any situation. Not just the situations that can't be changed. Can YOU change anything? No? Then I guess you'd better adapt or stfu.
And are you really stupid enough to liken racism with a game mechanic that you suck at exploiting?

We dont have massive issues driving our cars, no one is inferior for not crashing while in slipstream...im not even sure how you infered that insult from anything I said. We have obviously been making do with the existing system but that does not mean we should not attempt to make it better. I love how folks assume that anyone who disagrees with them is a child...cute.

Can I personally get this changed on my own? No of course not, hence the reasoning behind the OP making a post to try to gather support from the community to better our chances. The question here is why do you care? Why put so much effort into opposing an attempt to get improvements? Would the loss of the slipstream hurt your game? Instead of insulting people and making yourself look like an ass maybe try providing effective reasoning for why the sytem should remain as is.

And no I am not comparing the wieght of racism with this inconsequential system change. I am comparing the relative equality of telling someone to just deal with a gripe rather than attempting to push for change. Whatever the gripe is, we as a people are free to adress it.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

Yes, let's make assumptions on each other's racing style now. That's a sure sign of intelligence!

Your here railing on the point of having this as an option or having the power of it reduced, talking about how everyone just sucks and can't adapt. So the assumption is made that you can't win without it. So don't send the message to Rockstar and move on broski. Those who care about having the option will.
If you think Rockstar should focus resources on removing slipstream solely because some people can't adjust is a good idea then that explains an awful lot right there.
I didn't come in here trying to act like a badass video game racer. I tried to help you folks out and everyone jumped down my throat. Now you get to deal with me sh*tting on your thread every time I see it because you can't figure out when you should be passing.
And to be frank, a late pass is smarter from an irl racing standpoint than an early pass.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Yes, let's make assumptions on each other's racing style now. That's a sure sign of intelligence!

You mean how your insisting that we all suck at racing because we wish for this flawed system to change?

I will say that for the general public where dirty racing is the norm slipstream in its current form is a useful tool. Most of the time though people racing in these rough and tumble matches are not getting the most out of the track or even their skills. Lap times are slower, vehicle damage comes into play, strategy has more validity than running turns and laps.

For players that make the choice to race clean and can get competitors who do the same, all of the variables in the race tighten up. Each corner becomes more important. One slip or dented fender can cost you the whole race. The competition is much closer to you physically. Little issues like faulty slipstream become detrimental rather than advantageous.

Racing this way may not be better or worse or skilled or not but it is a choice made by the player. I would hazzard a guess that the majority of people who would like to see slipstream changed are choosing to try to race clean. The ones that do not are racing dirty. Now I am not knocking dirty racing. This is GTA, go for it I dont complain at all when im racing randoms. But if I want to get together with freinds and have good clean races that is my choice...and I believe we should have the option to change the settings in the race to support that choice.

Adding a toggle to the race lobby effects you negatively in no way at all.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

It was also said earlier that many techniques suggested would never work against the quality of OP's opponents because he's apparently in that upper-echelon of fake racing and therefore his word on the frailty of slipstream is without question. Apparently, anyone who doesn't find slipstream to be irritating is below OP in skill because otherwise they'd have seen how awful it is.

You mean how your insisting that we all suck at racing because we wish for this flawed system to change?

I will say that for the general public where dirty racing is the norm slipstream in its current form is a useful tool. Most of the time though people racing in these rough and tumble matches are not getting the most out of the track or even their skills. Lap times are slower, vehicle damage comes into play, strategy has more validity than running turns and laps.

For players that make the choice to race clean and can get competitors who do the same, all of the variables in the race tighten up. Each corner becomes more important. One slip or dented fender can cost you the whole race. The competition is much closer to you physically. Little issues like faulty slipstream become detrimental rather than advantageous.

Racing this way may not be better or worse or skilled or not but it is a choice made by the player. I would hazzard a guess that the majority of people who would like to see slipstream changed are choosing to try to race clean. The ones that do not are racing dirty. Now I am not knocking dirty racing. This is GTA, go for it I dont complain at all when im racing randoms. But if I want to get together with freinds and have good clean races that is my choice...and I believe we should have the option to change the settings in the race to support that choice.

Adding a toggle to the race lobby effects you negatively in no way at all.
I insult people who insult people. I suggest you read the first page.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Your here railing on the point of having this as an option or having the power of it reduced, talking about how everyone just sucks and can't adapt. So the assumption is made that you can't win without it. So don't send the message to Rockstar and move on broski. Those who care about having the option will.
If you think Rockstar should focus resources on removing slipstream solely because some people can't adjust is a good idea then that explains an awful lot right there.
I didn't come in here trying to act like a badass video game racer. I tried to help you folks out and everyone jumped down my throat. Now you get to deal with me sh*tting on your thread every time I see it because you can't figure out when you should be passing.
And to be frank, a late pass is smarter from an irl racing standpoint than an early pass.
Ok so your opposing the entire concept of us wanting to change this because you think fixing it would be a waste of time for the devs when they should be working on something more important...that you care about. Your aware of how many people they have developing right? If they decided adding this toggle would be acceptable it would take one Joe less than an hour to put it in. It has taken you more time to trash this thread than it would have taken them to address the issue.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I read the entire thread...and I am sure I never insulted you.

I dont believe clean racers are better than others as being better is subjective. If it is just about wins than there are many ways to do that. If its about lap times there is only one way, race clean. You wont see anyone getting legit world record times crossing the finishline in battered and beaten vehicles. In fact most of them will have been solo races which is the ultimate in clean racing.

"Learn to deal with it" isnt exactly helpful. Your earlier suggestions were valid and obviously already in use by those of us asking for change. People who dont know these things are the ones that throw up thier hands and never race because it "sucks". But knowing and using ways to get around or combat a problem in no way reduces the need for a problem to be addressed.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

Do you code? Do you actually know how difficult it would be or are you guessing? A toggle option wouldn't be bad but you actually have no idea how much of their resources it would take. Neither do I, really.
To be honest, the only issues I've had with slipstream is that I'll run better lines than my opponent and be in first, only to have them ram me with slipstream and ruin my lap time. That being said, I've used it while behind and in a sharp corner to get enough speed to gain on my opponent and pass after the turn so It's sort of a give-and-take. Imo, if you take it out, nothing will change all that much. The people who usually win will still win and the people who ram will do it earlier and more frequently.
And yes. Believe it or not, I'm one of those crazy individuals who thinks they should be putting more time into fixing the apparently massive holes in the basic infrastructure of the game before worrying about things like this. It's too easy to cheat this game right now.
I'd be interested to see how the game's racing dynamics get tweaked over time because, working in the automotive industry, it is obviously something I enjoy. I just don't think Rockstar should be focusing much of their resources on things like this right now.
The reasy I enjoy slipstream is because it adds something else for you to think about and take into account. Same reason why races in the rain can be fun.

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:32 PM Edited by Kahkenbols, 12 February 2014 - 08:41 PM.

And to be frank, a late pass is smart

I don't remember you mentioning that and if you did then sorry, it seemed you were just ripping people about it. Yeah, perhaps Rockstar should deal with more important issues but there is no problem with people letting them know what changes they would like to see. Ultimately it's up to them. Personally, I think it was a design mistake to have such a massive slipstream and would love to see an option for it. That's all.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

I agree it does have its purposes and thus should still be available. Toggle allows for that.

I dont work for a developer, I dont code specifically myself. I do have a familiarity with the structure of the company that I dont care to discuss. I admit saying one joe was an exageration but in the end it is mostly true. To get to that end though it would have to go through approval and testing and art and a number of other departments and meetings. The point is though that if we raise hell on the issue now and get noticed, it would likely not make it to actual asset management or implimentation for weeks or even months so it would have no play or effect on anything they are doing now, in fact even if it did instantly get to the Joe...it would be no more than a cursory interuption to a guy that probably has dozens of said interuptions a day and likely isnt working on the parts of the project your concerned with anyway.

At any rate, im taking my leave of this thread as I believe I have made my position clear even if it is strongly contested.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

At any rate, im taking my leave of this thread as I believe I have made my position clear even if it is strongly contested.

To be fair it is only being contested by a nay-sayer troll with no particular interest on the issue other than comming to feud a bit.

An overwhelming majority of people with high interest in the racing aspect of the game will agree this needs changing. No coincidence that everyone here involved in racing crews is saying the same. 

JayWeazel
  • JayWeazel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by JayWeazel, 12 February 2014 - 10:14 PM.

Slipstream or not, people will still ram the sh*t out of you when they get the chance. Just as annoying in my opinion.

• paulmgrath likes this

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

He clearly can't drive if he can't figure out slipstream in corners.

Everything you just said makes you look like a f*ck nut with more opinion than knowledge....slipstream in corners? shadap!

I've read this thread from the start and the amount of idiots is amazing, slipstream should only come into effect on a straight immediately after taking a corner better than the car in front.

Unless you've raced with a full lobby of decent players in a race where it's tight for whole laps you haven't a clue what Vooodu is talking about, i don't care how many random races you've had, wins losses blah blah, your race win stat is only as good as the people you are racing against

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users