Photo

Fellow racers, letīs take action.

162 replies to this topic
FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Agree! Through the grapevine and vinewood nights are way nicer than dockyards.

90 degree corners get boring. Best corners are in the twisty rural two lanes roads, not in LS.

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Faster I will bump this, a good, constructive thread. Hopefully those who read will submit, I will try to when I get home.
  • Vooodu likes this

TheDeLuca
  • TheDeLuca

Coding Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Its illegal in the united states to harm a child, which i assume you are by the way you are acting. I also assume your profile is lying when it says you're 28 years old because blaaaah blaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAHH!

Shuuuuut the fuccccck up man.. Seriously.  

PM me if you wanna throw a big ass hissy fit.   Seeeesh

Maybe you should spend more time in 1st with catch up off and then you don't have to worry about slip stream. There's nothing wrong with it what so ever, just get better. All you're doing is ranting and making excuses for why you can't win. Because you're not good. Man up and learn how to lose instead of pissing and moaning with this "I'm such a badass racer omg give me attention I'm good slip stream makes me lose!!!" Because it's pathetic.
  • Accendo likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

Shut up already you ape!! Stop feuding and say whatever you think about slipstream if you happen to have a clue.

This is about what is wrong with slipstream, thats what we are discussing about.

Slipstream will help you sometimes and hurt you some other times, but there is no denying the way it is working is far from good.
  • Vooodu likes this

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

I experienced slipstream messing me up thru a corner for the first time, but we were racing SUV's on winding roads, slipping everywhere already...Havn't experienced it in a good car with proper traction and brakes

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

That says all you need to hear really. Slipstream comming into play in a SUV race, through a corner, at far from top speed.

Brilliant, rockstar. The moral of the story is, if you cant code something to work well, cut it out.

TheDeLuca
  • TheDeLuca

Coding Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Yet they've made millions of dollars. Clearly they're doing something right lol. I mean you're still playing aren't you? Slip streaming is perfectly fine. Its just your opinion that it's broken. Probably because you don't know how to use it.

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

lol slipstreamers don't affect me because I'm good :p

Learn to use the tools at your disposal, in this case, the rear camera. And learn to block, if they complain about you playing dirty, reply "LOL what is this? The middle ages? Do I have to play with honor as well?"

Thou shall not listen onto thee for I shall win-eth thou lol my fail middle ages talk*

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by Vooodu, 11 February 2014 - 10:16 PM.

Yet they've made millions of dollars. Clearly they're doing something right lol. I mean you're still playing aren't you? Slip streaming is perfectly fine. Its just your opinion that it's broken. Probably because you don't know how to use it.

I bet the farm that you and everyone else going on about slip stream being perfectly fine could not even come close to beating the OP in a race.

Simply because anyone who thinks its fine doesn't know what they are talking about.

Maybe you should spend more time in 1st with catch up off and blah blah blah.

Catch up??  I stopped reading right there...   

If you start off stupid.. No doubt it just gets even more off topic and stupid from there..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

lol slipstreamers don't affect me because I'm good :p

Learn to use the tools at your disposal, in this case, the rear camera. And learn to block, if they complain about you playing dirty, reply "LOL what is this? The middle ages? Do I have to play with honor as well?"

Take this guy... Slip stream doesn't effect him because hes good.

Then goes on about looking backwards...  What?    Looking backwards....?

Or even better, play dirty...

Now.  Anyone who thinks its fine and types that probably only players straight tracks, with catch up on and just rams everyone off the road.  Typical public race.   

HBSanta
  • HBSanta

Pegassi Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

The slipstream has indeed taken me into walls, thrown me completely off the race track, or run me into a river more times than I can count.  But with ~1200 races under my belt now and nearly half of them being 1st place finishes, I can say that the slipstream is more often helpful than hurtful.  Bear in mind I am talking exclusively about races with Catchup disabled as that is the only way you can get a "pure" racing experience in GTA Online.

OP, I agree 100% that it needs to be toned down and I like your ideas about it only engaging at a very close distance.  But you have to realize that sending emails to Rockstar will accomplish nothing.  It'll likely never be changed so you just have to adapt.  The only thing you can do is get into races with other very good racers who don't allow Catchup and practice driving in the stream.  When you hear that whooshing sound as you're approaching a corner, just hit the brake hard even if it stops you dead.  I'd rather lose a half second by braking too hard than smash into a wall and lose five.  The game just loves to screw you over in races so learn to combat the broken mechanics.  But remember that you can only practice this and achieve the result you want if you're racing with people who know what they're doing.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

but I like to race with catch up off, so SLipstream is one of the only tools you can use if you get too far behind to catch up

You´re supposed to do that driving faster than the guy ahead, not using a silly gimmick.

That's all fine and good, but I really don't f*cking want to drive an Adder or an Entity....so, what the hell am I supposed to do? Just lose all my races? With slipstream on, I'm able to keep up even with catch up off, as long as I run a clean race and don't hit sh*t that slows my car down. 

TheDeLuca
  • TheDeLuca

Coding Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

I bet the farm that you and everyone else going on about slip stream being perfectly fine could not even come close to beating the OP in a race.

Simply because anyone who thinks its fine doesn't know what they are talking about.

If you start off stupid.. No doubt it just gets even more off topic and stupid from there..

I would bet you $100 million I can beat you. And you're just looking like a total asshole. You claim its broken and anyone who disagrees doesnt know what they're talking about. Its ALL our own opinions. Who made you God of GTA racing?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

That's all fine and good, but I really don't f*cking want to drive an Adder or an Entity....so, what the hell am I supposed to do? Just lose all my races? With slipstream on, I'm able to keep up even with catch up off, as long as I run a clean race and don't hit sh*t that slows my car down. 

GTA 4 was the same... Comet was the fastest and any track that was super straight simply favored it.    The simple solution is to just avoid those races.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

I would bet you $100 million I can beat you. And you're just looking like a total asshole. You claim its broken and anyone who disagrees doesnt know what they're talking about. Its ALL our own opinions. Who made you God of GTA racing?

What, you wanna race?   Cause not once did i say i was awesome or GOD.  

But i can gladly show you how good at am with using slip stream as an offensive pit weapon.

Add me... My GT is the same as it is here.

Lets see how dirty you can get Mr awesome sauce.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

1) Yes they have.

2) Yes they made a great game.

3) Yes, a lot.

4) No it´s not, it´s awful.

5) It´s not my opinion. It is a fact. It is broken, as it is totally against the physics of the effect they tried to replicate.

6) Much better than you´ll ever be able to, even if you live 400 years and you spend them all playing this game. But that doesn´t mean the feature works.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by Black Rabbit, 11 February 2014 - 10:27 PM.

GTA 4 was the same... Comet was the fastest and any track that was super straight simply favored it.    The simple solution is to just avoid those races.

I don't have many friends or crew that play during the time frame I'm on, so I just do Quick Races. I'll race any track that shows up that isn't Down the Drain or Criminal Records.

I just don't like how practically all the races are completely full of the same cars. It's just....well, stupid. 

Probably because you don't know how to use it.

6) Much better than you´ll ever be able to, even if you live 400 years and you spend them all playing this game. But that doesn´t mean the feature works.

Someone that knows how to use it doesn't come on a forum and complain that it's broken....pointing out flaws in his own driving skill as "facts" that it's broken. 

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'll race any track that shows up that isn't Down the Drain or Criminal Records.

You forgot Jumps Jumps and F*CKING JUMPS!

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

You can race other class (supercars physics are awful anyway, no big deal).

You can convince friends to avoid these two cars.

You can try to do as well as possible in whatever car you like (90% randoms out there suck us, you´d still win a lot if you can drive)

You know what is not a good solution? Throw in a stupid feature that will make the racing worse for everyone just to accomodate your car fetiche.

TheDeLuca
  • TheDeLuca

Coding Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

What, you wanna race?   Cause not once did i say i was awesome or GOD.  

But i can gladly show you how good at am with using slip stream as an offensive pit weapon.

Add me... My GT is the same as it is here.

Lets see how dirty you can get Mr awesome sauce.

I'll add you once I get off work kind sir. We'll see who's better. And we'll do Grand Tour or another long race.

Seriously though as much as you guys harass Rockstar about it, it's never going do change and it is still just your opinions.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

I'll race any track that shows up that isn't Down the Drain or Criminal Records.

Hahaha, true....but I'll race that one because the Vacca handles jumps amazing and I love to show up the Entities and Adders on it. It's short enough that they aren't able to catch up if I get ahead. 

• gear999 likes this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

Someone that knows how to use it doesn't come on a forum and complain that it's broken....pointing out flaws in his own driving skill as "facts" that it's broken. 

Someone who knows how to use it and has seen how broken it can be is exactly the person you want giving feed back on the topic.

People are confusing talking about broken slip stream with players who are bad and loose.  This is not whiner thread.     People should re-read his post.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:32 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 11 February 2014 - 10:37 PM.

Only a stupid ass would project their stupid logic process into other individuals.

Type dyr_gl on social club, check some stats, and you´ll see it´s not exactly hurting me at all. I know it´s hard to believe if you´re stupid, but some people can still reckon something is wrong even if they can take advantage of it.

You don´t seem to know anything about racing, so I´ll translate it into PvPer language just to see if you get it: the fact I am killing everyone around me with a combat shotgun won´t stop me from complaining it is a stupid weapon that is totally unbalanced.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

Hahaha, true....but I'll race that one because the Vacca handles jumps amazing and I love to show up the Entities and Adders on it. It's short enough that they aren't able to catch up if I get ahead. 

Infernus works well too but its the ONLY thing that pops up from quick race :sui:

esato
  • esato

Street Cat

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

Well, in straight tracks the slipstream can be a bad thing to the faster /1st place racers, but in races with a lot of turns and hairpins on the mountains, only the good racers can win.

Those one who are good only in "jumps, jumps, jumps" don't have chance..

by the way, i'll promote some of my races here, check it out, people!

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

You can try to do as well as possible in whatever car you like (90% randoms out there suck us, you´d still win a lot if you can drive)

You know what is not a good solution? Throw in a stupid feature that will make the racing worse for everyone just to accomodate your car fetiche.

I also race a Coquette against rooms full of Carbos and Feltzers....I'm very capable of winning with it (just like the Vacca...just got 2nd place on a no-traffic, no catch up race around the perimeter of the map against ALL Adders and Entities). I just don't like racing against a group of the same cars. 

You know what the best races are? The ones with 12 players, using 5 different cars, and having 5 people vying for first place witihin the last 30 seconds of the race. 

You know what the lamest races are? The ones where I'm all alone in first place and the others are 10+seconds behind me. That's not a race. That's a drive to the start of a mission. 

If people wanted a fair race with catchup off...why do they use custom vehicles? Why? Because they don't want a "fair" race....they want one that their super modded car can win FOR them. 

• esato likes this

esato
  • esato

Street Cat

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:40 PM Edited by esato, 11 February 2014 - 10:44 PM.

I also race a Coquette against rooms full of Carbos and Feltzers....I'm very capable of winning with it (just like the Vacca...just got 2nd place on a no-traffic, no catch up race around the perimeter of the map against ALL Adders and Entities). I just don't like racing against a group of the same cars. 

You know what the best races are? The ones with 12 players, using 5 different cars, and having 5 people vying for first place witihin the last 30 seconds of the race. 

You know what the lamest races are? The ones where I'm all alone in first place and the others are 10+seconds behind me. That's not a race. That's a drive to the start of a mission. 

If people wanted a fair race with catchup off...why do they use custom vehicles? Why? Because they don't want a "fair" race....they want one that their super modded car can win FOR them. 

I use my RH8 in every sports car races, but I have to agree that on too straight tracks I easily lose my first place against custom Coquettes... But when we talk about Comets, Carbonizzares, and any other one... Well, the "Bay Shore" car wins! heheh

By the way, the worst thing in any race is the fact that when you are on the first place, the last ones just leave the race... it's not cool. Even when I'm in the last place, I try to end the race, who knows what can happen to the first ones? An traffic accident, maybe? hahahaha

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 11 February 2014 - 10:46 PM.

An outrageously overpowered slipstream isn´t the solution for any of these problems you have.

If you want to race in equal ground with other people with plenty of different models, you should ask to get classes more balanced (or use sedans where there are 5 models tenths away from each other), not rely on stupid features.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

This is not whiner thread.     

won´t stop me from complaining

Uh-huh......

Well, I guess I'm stupid because I don't agree that this feature should be changed. A feature that is the same for everyone, gives everyone the same advantage, is highly predictable and a mechanic of a NON-RACING game to assist races that are highly unbalanced to begin with due to unbalanced car options. Sorry. 

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

5) It´s not my opinion. It is a fact. It is broken, as it is totally against the physics of the effect they tried to replicate.

This.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users