Fellow racers, letīs take action.

162 replies to this topic
NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Both features should never have been implemented.  I mean how many times does a nascar driver who crashed or went off track ever come back to win???   GTA racing is flawed which is why after getting enough wins to unlock mods on 1 character I quit. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

The guys saying deal with it are stupid. Im already doing it. Im in the best racing crew, racing busy lobbies full of competent racers, and my record is still around 3 wins per defeat.

I know what Im doing, and i do fine as it is now. This isnt about how to counter a broken feature, i do it better than you already, it is about getting a better environment to race without silly features interfering our races.
  • Vooodu and XJpostman like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:34 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 February 2014 - 09:39 PM.

I've had a couple races where slipstream literally sucked me into a wall on a turn even though I was braking. I think it was due to lag.

Thats pretty much the main problem.  Lag/connection to players and slipstream.  I've had slip stream kick in when the player was literally miles ahead.  Although i don't complain when that happens, its still broken.

I don't see the harm of either a toggle on/off or maybe a fix.  But people saying its fine, just have no clue..lol. 

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

Why are you reading this?

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

@Vooodu, bud, we get it.. You race ALOTT, and just because you do doesn't mean you're good what so ever.. No need to post it every other post. GTA is not a racing game, of course it isn't going to be perfect because they probably don't care very much about it. Also you need to tone it down a bit, you come off as a twit. I have over 325 races, slip screen isn't a big enough problem for them to worry about. If it only affected a select few then yes, but it is balanced.

OT: There is literally 100's of other things to fix in this game before this is even considered. Its not even that big of an issue to begin with, so i hope it stays.

fish61324
  • fish61324

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

another cry baby thread.... what else is new here at gta online forums

• Kelvin_00 likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

I can tell you what is not new: clueless posters making posts without any valuable content.

A doge meme would add more value and info than what you wrote.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

@Vooodu, bud, we get it.. You race ALOTT, and just because you do doesn't mean you're good what so ever.. No need to post it every other post. GTA is not a racing game..

GTA is not a racing game...?

I stopped reading right there.  Try staying on topic.   Instead of throwing a hissy fit.

Topic is slip stream. The OP makes a valid point.  And any racer in GTA would agree.  Bottom line.  Racing is very popular in GTA. 

So if the actual racers would like it improved... Sooooo f*ckin whaaat?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

@Vooodu, bud, we get it.. You race ALOTT, and just because you do doesn't mean you're good what so ever.. No need to post it every other post. GTA is not a racing game..

I stopped reading right there.  Try staying on topic.   Instead of throwing a hissy fit.

Topic is slip stream. The OP makes a valid point.  And any racer in GTA would agree.  Bottom line.  Racing is very popular in GTA. 

If you think GTA is a racing game then may God have mercy on your soul you stupid Son of a Bitch.

Wait... so theres no racing in GTA?

And you call me stupid.. right?

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:18 PM Edited by Kelvin_00, 08 February 2014 - 10:19 PM.

If you think GTA is a racing game then may God have mercy on your soul you stupid Son of a Bitch.

You are a moron I swear... OBVIOUSLY there is racing in GTA, that doesn't mean its a racing game. Many other games having so sort of racing system implemented and they are in fact not racing games. Gran Turismo, Need for Speed, etc.. Are racing games... When a game doesn't have racing as its most important feature they seem to not care about little problems that are virtually unimportant. Now, if cars blew up because you came into a slip stream then yes, it would be fixed. But the point is slip stream is something that IS a real life factor that they added to add realism, catch up is dramatically more unrealistic and shouldn't be added, but that's why there a option to turn it off, you cant turn slip stream off in real life..

But I'll end this argument on this note, keep debating an issue that shouldn't even be debated, only idiots see things that aren't even there. You meet that criteria on the nose. And I checked out your stats, and might I add, the whole "just because you race a lot doesn't mean you're good what so ever" applied to you extremely, Your racing stat is atrocious.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:42 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 08 February 2014 - 10:46 PM.

The "gta is not a racing game" argument is stupid.

Gta is a game with dozens of activities avaliable. If you improve them, the game gets better. As simple as that.

It isnt a shooter either and if they manage to add basic bulletdrop or give weapons longer ranges, that would make the game better too.

And ill add that while the shooting improvements would push the hardware a lot and might be not doable, improving the slipstreaming or removing it wouldnt.

Bottomline, being confrontational on this improvement is moronic.
  • Kelvin_00 likes this

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

The "gta is not a racing game" argument is stupid.

Gta is a game with dozens of activities avaliable. If you improve them, the game gets better. As simple as that.

It isnt a shooter either and if they manage to add basic bulletdrop or give weapons longer ranges, that would make the game better too.

And ill add that while the shooting improvements would push the hardware a lot and might be not doable, improving the slipstreaming or removing it wouldnt.

Bottomline, being confrontational on this improvement is moronic.

I agree completely. I'v never really seen anyone debate so hard that gta is a racing game and i was dumbfounded by his ignorance. 

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

uh... GTA is a sports game, because I play tennis & golf. #merp.

racing is pretty much a "side job" in the realm of GTA & should be played the way it was presented. anytime R* spends on reading this complaint is a disservice to the GTA community.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:54 PM Edited by jcph3, 08 February 2014 - 11:03 PM.

I think Voodo is trying to tell us he races a LOT! He's very good, perhaps the best of all time and we should accept his criticism of the game based on his greatness.  As our greatness his much inferior to his bestest greatness our opinions do not matter.  If Voodo doesnt win, something must be wrong with the game  :blink:

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:58 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 08 February 2014 - 11:08 PM.

You are not quite getting it but whatever.

Youre just feuding now so your main target is not making valid points on this issue but to say nasty things about someone. And to be fair, I dont think you have a clue about the topic being discussed either. So get lost.

uh... GTA is a sports game, because I play tennis & golf. #merp.

racing is pretty much a "side job" in the realm of GTA & should be played the way it was presented. anytime R* spends on reading this complaint is a disservice to the GTA community.

Yay dey shul impruf fri room kilin'

Really, if you want to know how much the community cares about racing (even in this sh*thole where the very worst of it lurks), just check the volume and quality of the discussion about the new vehicle physics, in gameplay section of gta5 single player subforum.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

"Yay dey shul impruf fri room kilin'"

no.

they should improve missions. that's the core if this game. everything else (side jobs) have no real effect on the "characters" progression.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

You are a moron I swear.

Sounds about what a typical forum whiner would say when hes full of sh*t and has no point.

Seriously... You don't race and you don't enjoy it..so f*ck off.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:11 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 08 February 2014 - 11:13 PM.

Check the edition i made up there on how much community cares about racing.

Also, youre incorrect. Racing affects more character progression than jobs.

Racing gives cash, rp, and unlocks mods. Missions just give cash and rp.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:16 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 February 2014 - 11:16 PM.

I think Voodo is trying to tell us he races a LOT! He's very good, perhaps the best of all time and we should accept his criticism of the game based on his greatness.  As our greatness his much inferior to his bestest greatness our opinions do not matter.  If Voodo doesnt win, something must be wrong with the game  :blink:

Actually, i was secretly coding my posts with hidden messages to the meaning of life.

Was I speaking in some super secret ancient language that you don't understand?

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

Not going to bother as they couldn't care less.

The option to turn slip off would do for now though. 

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

You are a moron I swear.

Sounds about what a typical forum whiner would say when hes full of sh*t and has no point.

I do race, very often actually. I have several point but you edit them out of the quote. Do yourself a favor and just stop. This issue is invalid because this is not a racing game and you are fighting a battle that shouldn't exist.. Do yourself a favor and go outside and realize there is more than just video games.

You are not quite getting it but whatever.

Youre just feuding now so your main target is not making valid points on this issue but to say nasty things about someone. And to be fair, I dont think you have a clue about the topic being discussed either. So get lost.

Who is this directed too?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:22 PM

You are a moron I swear.

I do race, very often actually. I have several point but you edit them out of the quote. Do yourself a favor and just stop. 

Ya il stop... Right after you make me.

Il be waiting... Hurry up.

Kelvin_00
  • Kelvin_00

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:29 PM

You are a moron I swear.

I do race, very often actually. I have several point but you edit them out of the quote. Do yourself a favor and just stop. 

Ya il stop... Right after you make me.

Il be waiting... Hurry up.

Its illegal in the united states to harm a child, which i assume you are by the way you are acting. I also assume your profile is lying when it says you're 28 years old because no 28 year old could be as childish as you nor as dumb. But dont worry you'll just edit that part out cause you're a little bitch.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:34 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 February 2014 - 11:35 PM.

Its illegal in the united states to harm a child, which i assume you are by the way you are acting. I also assume your profile is lying when it says you're 28 years old because blaaaah blaaaaaaaah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAHH!

Shuuuuut the fuccccck up man.. Seriously.  

PM me if you wanna throw a big ass hissy fit.   Seeeesh

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

Check the edition i made up there on how much community cares about racing.

Also, youre incorrect. Racing affects more character progression than jobs.

Racing gives cash, rp, and unlocks mods. Missions just give cash and rp.

sure you can race your character to level 120, but all he/she will be good for is driving cars that are slightly faster then cars on the street. this character would be useless on mission. running around progresses your character more than unlocking things. $/RP are useless to a guy that can't run, can't shoot, can't swim, can't fly, or died after taking 2 bullets.

--

I do love impromptu races. they are neat.

ArbitraryName14
  • ArbitraryName14

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:57 PM

And I'm sick of those little flaps on coffee lids! If you don't wanna spill your coffe, you shouldn't be driving with it!

Which is to say... Sometimes I believe in the basic goodness of humanity. Then other times I go on the internet. Clears things up in a hurry. My personal favorite quote from this thread is the phrase, "There is no 'compensate' ", as if the very notion of compensating for something can be sometimes nullified.

"Do or do not, there is no compensate."

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:01 AM

I just won a race thanks to Slipstreaming, but I don't feel it was fair.  The guy tailed me forever in the Long Haul 2, then he finally got a stream and overtook me.  Almost immediately after, I got one off him and it pulled me further ahead of him than before.  He never got another stream.  Same fully upgraded Adders, and he was definitely a good enough driver to deserve more of a chance.

Fix this sh*t, damn it.  I just can't stand how randomly it occurs.  The vacuum pressure when braking should not be so powerful, either.

Mrwhiteglasses
  • Mrwhiteglasses

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

Honestly, there are some little b*tches who think they can race? Then once they see someone with experience expressing opinion and pointing out obvious, suddenly scrubnoobz get offended.

Honestly, stop waving your handbags b*tches.

Prove your skillz with your best lap time in Dockyard or some decent techy racetrack ? At least there would be merit to aknowledge your league?

If you lot haven't raced with skilled players in a tight pack, what do you know about flaws of slipstream?

Scrubnoobz race differs a lot to clean racers in style, tightness of a pack, adrenalin, skill etc etc.

I understand why you lot just assume there is little adjustements to be made, but frankly if you did read reasons in OP, it explains very that niggle which spoils mechanics of slipstream.

Before you open your scrubnoob mouths, race us to experience those very problems ... and don't quit in the middle of race to save/improve your racing stats!

I personally enjoy a good dog fight race trading 0.256 sec per lap, scrubbing corner after corner, attacking/deffending masterfully, then once sweet moment comes in and you going for glory ... slipstream *clicks inn* ... you either smash into car infront or wildly overshoot corner and crash. Even though you have been on brakes much earlier than leader infront.

So yeah, slipstream on straights is absolutely fine. But in corners, even though it has to be present but in not so wild *clicky* way ... it has to be corrected.

Oh and my racing history only consists of maybe 300 races.

Laker23
  • Laker23

Waiting for United to come good, waiting..

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:30 AM

Slipstream doesn't bother me so much, catch up does... f*cking can't stand it.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:49 AM

Good luck with the letter to Rockstar.  I can fully sympathize with the people who like racing and want it to be balanced and realistic and not be a mockery.  But there is plenty of other unbalanced, screwed-up PvP problems in GTA0 and Rockstar is not going to do anything about those.  :bored:

If you can somehow turn the argument for realistic racing into some kind of clear argument that it damages Rockstar's cash card business, then you might have something.  :p

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:58 AM Edited by GTARACER93, 09 February 2014 - 01:58 AM.

Prove your skillz with your best lap time in Dockyard or some decent techy racetrack ? At least there would be merit to aknowledge your league?

Pfft Through The Grapevine > Dockyard 

Although slipstream on either track is  pretty stupid.  too turny 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users