162 replies to this topic
mmm chocolate
  • mmm chocolate

BLAINE COUNTY

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Slipstream > Catchup

Get rid of Catchup. How does it make a race fair?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:12 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 February 2014 - 05:13 PM.

"I've raced so many times!"
That doesn't mean you don't still suck. I exclusively race mountain tracks and don't have the same massive issues that you do.

Mountain tracks exclusively...lol

Seriously.?  

Try racing a clean race with lots of turns with actual good racers on a ROAD...   Then come back tell me how slip stream does not f*ck with you the entire time if you are not infront.

BTW.. I never said im awesome.. Im just saying i know about when compared to a total newbie.  D:

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

You seem to not understand that mountains DO have roads. They also have big turns and curves. Sorry I don't like dodging traffic and hitting light posts and street signs. I much prefer circuit-styled races since they're more about skill than who didn't get get t-boned at an intersection.

MikaCuoco
  • MikaCuoco

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

I don't mind slipstream, I'd rather thay put Ghost Cars in normal races to stop the rammers/pitters & keep GTA race for the ramming and carnage.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Then again, I also work in automotive and talk to rally racers every day.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:20 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 February 2014 - 05:22 PM.

You seem to not understand that mountains DO have roads. They also have big turns and curves. Sorry I don't like dodging traffic and hitting light posts and street signs. I much prefer circuit-styled races since they're more about skill than who didn't get get t-boned at an intersection.

Dude... I think have you me confused with someone who does not race that much.. I race everything.

Which is why i have seen slip stream broken at its very finest.

Are you saying that a toggle off or a rework to fix it is a BAD thing?

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by Accendo, 08 February 2014 - 05:23 PM.

I couldn't care less, actually. It really doesn't afffect me. Like at all.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

OP, you know what I'm going to say but I'm going to say it anyway, there is no slip or ketchup in impromptu :)

Cokecan72
  • Cokecan72

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

I like the Slip Stream thingy, It's really is just a matter of learning how to control your car better, ie be prepared if your cornering and enter a slipstream, ease off the gas.. And learning to use it to your advantage when it kicks in..

On a personal note i think it would be a shame if it was taken out of the game, it makes for more interesting races

raidenrbs
  • raidenrbs

Peon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

I don't find slipstream that much of an issue, probably because I used to play midnight club. Don't like catch up though

TheHammer
  • TheHammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

I like the Slip Stream thingy, It's really is just a matter of learning how to control your car better, ie be prepared if your cornering and enter a slipstream, ease off the gas.. And learning to use it to your advantage when it kicks in..

On a personal note i think it would be a shame if it was taken out of the game, it makes for more interesting races

Didn't you read OP? He's done millions of races  :sui: its not his fault he can't control his car, it's something wrong with the game!

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:30 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 February 2014 - 05:39 PM.

I like the Slip Stream thingy, It's really is just a matter of learning how to control your car better, 

When i get slip streams from someone around the corner.. That means its broken.  Theres no learning involved accept learning to live with its current broken state.

Didn't you read OP? He's done millions of races  :sui: its not his fault he can't control his car, it's something wrong with the game!

Right.. Newbies with attitudes...   :D

Nothing like someone who doesn't know what they are talking about having all the answers.

Clearly its OP fault that slip stream is kicking in and out for no reason while taking corners.    ...lol

Yep, when i catch a slip stream from someone ONE mile away i can't help but think.. Awesome.

..Ya.......................................no.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

You can use slipstream to dig out of a corner faster than your opponent if you use it right. You just have to time it properly and attempt the pass after the corner. Don't try it going into the corner.
I never said it was realistic but I believe it to be functioning in exactly the way it was intended.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by Vooodu, 08 February 2014 - 05:39 PM.

You can use slipstream to dig out of a corner faster than your opponent if you use it right. You just have to time it properly and attempt the pass after the corner. Don't try it going into the corner.
I never said it was realistic but I believe it to be functioning in exactly the way it was intended.

Dude.. I race... ALOT.

Its hard to take what you say seriously when what you are talking about is broken,

Sure, if all the racers in my game have perfect connection to me. Slip stream is less of an issue.  But that not the case.

As you said.."You can use slip stream out of a corner."  <--------- Broken.  Thats the point.  Its effecting turning.. And it turns on off.. Its not constant.  It can happen at the worst times..

You should not have slip stream in corners.. Slip stream should not work in corners.  Thats not how its supposed to work.

I think you should try racing against better racers.   Its easy to race pubs and herp a derp to the finish line.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

I say remove slip stream, and put nos in.  Then the players who suck, crash because there is a turn, and the good players will be able to win without slip stream.

Malibu454
  • Malibu454

Bite Me..

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:41 PM Edited by Malibu454, 08 February 2014 - 05:42 PM.

I have no problem w/ slip stream. Reminds me of nascar racing, which in RL drafting is used quite often. It is kinda like a vacuum cleaner sometimes though.

Catchup I can do without. However I love Ketchup but I'm still not sure what Catsup is though?

I haven't done Impromtu's in a while. I have to try again and see if I can get some takers w/o getting murdered first. :*(

I also love racing muscle cars, so the slipstream isn't as drastic as it is with supers.

Muscle Car races = Fun

Super Car Races = Meh..

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

I say remove slip stream, and put nos in.  Then the players who suck, crash because there is a turn, and the good players will be able to win without slip stream.

I agree. NOS

Give players the nos boost so they can can control when they need the boost for a clean pass.

Not this RNG slip stream that has a mind of its own and works at the worst time.

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:48 PM Edited by Accendo, 08 February 2014 - 05:51 PM.

Dude.. I race... ALOT.

Its hard to take what you say seriously when what you are talking about is broken,

Sure, if all the racers in my game have perfect connection to me. Slip stream is less of an issue.  But that not the case.

As you said.."You can use slip stream out of a corner."  <--------- Broken.  Thats the point.  Its effecting turning.. And it turns on off.. Its not constant.  It can happen at the worst times..

You should not have slip stream in corners.. Slip stream should not work in corners.  Thats not how its supposed to work.
I think you should try racing against better racers.   Its easy to race pubs and herp a derp to the finish line.
Again, didn't say it was realistic. It's not affecting your steering if you time it properly and get it immediately AFTER the turn.
And I'd say that it's not broken and works exactly as intended, albeit while being unrealistic.
It's a tool that you can use, as well as anyone else. It's up to you to use it better than they do.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Dude.. I race... ALOT.

Again, didn't say it was realistic. It's not affecting your steering if you time it properly and get it immediately AFTER the turn.

Except its the speed that being affected which in turn affects traction when turning.  Which should not happen.. Which is why i agree in either a fix or a toggle option.

This isn't GTA 4 where cars have balanced traction,  I GTA v you either have great traction or nothing... :D

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

You shouldn't be on the throttle in a hard turn at all... Why is that difficult for you to also brake slightly to avoid the speed boost during the turn and then boost out of it afterwards?

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

You shouldn't be on the throttle in a hard turn at all... Why is that difficult for you to also brake slightly to avoid the speed boost during the turn and then boost out of it afterwards?

Because slip stream effects my speed, which in turn affects my traction.

What am i supposed to do?  How am i supposed to slow down more if the speed boost kicks in at the last possible moment?  You make it sound as if it works perfectly.. Which is not the case.   

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:13 PM Edited by Accendo, 08 February 2014 - 06:14 PM.

Braking works just fine for me. I have no clue what you're doing. You know right off the bat that it's an insane acceleration boost. Compensate for it.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

Braking works just fine for me. I have no clue what you're doing. You know right off the bat that it's an insane acceleration boost. Compensate for it.

Braking does work fine when i don't have to wrestle with SLIP STREAM...

Hence this topic...  right?

There is no 'compensate'..lol

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

I've had a couple races where slipstream literally sucked me into a wall on a turn even though I was braking. I think it was due to lag.

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:07 PM

I've had a couple races where slipstream literally sucked me into a wall on a turn even though I was braking. I think it was due to lag.

This exact same thing happened to me today.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

I AM LOS SANTOS'S RECKONING

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

If you feel racing is broken, then DONT RACE...problem solved.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

People know this isn't Forza or GranTourismo dont they? 

• Gasmasks likes this

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

sh5m.jpg

• Gasmasks likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:22 PM

sh5m.jpg

I lol'd

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

The system works fine mate. I get in trouble with slipstream and I give trouble with slipstream. It's balanced, when the guy behind you overtakes you using it, you do it back to him. It's easy to control yourself around corners using it, people are too busy checking to see if they are still using slipstream and they aren't paying attention, that's why. Nothing wrong with the system, it's the focus that causes it.

'Amount' is how you spell it as well, in case you're sending that letter to Rockstar. It should look professional, I'm not being a grammar nazi lol, just trying to help you out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users