Photo

Starting up a bicycle gang and looking for recruits. [xbox]

9 replies to this topic
Tone 8
  • Tone 8

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:58 AM Edited by Tone 8, 14 March 2014 - 01:46 AM.

Look Ma'.... no helmet!  <CraC>

That's right kids, you read it correctly, B-I-C-Y-C-L-E as in pedal power!

On Xbox Live I have started a tight-knit crew of mainly BMX riders under the name Crackhead Cycos <CraC>

http://socialclub.ro...crackhead_cycos

As far as I know, it is the ONLY BIKE GANG (as in non-MC) listed in all 12 pages of this recruitment section on GTA Forums.

6c19f7a7eb7af6f4c70f5911986034c1fa80ff7c

Emblem: As you can see, it is an appropriately cracked skull surrounded by a chainring. The red X-ed eyes are there because it's a kill-or-be-killed world. The filtration mask is to hide our identity and avoid breathing in the pollultion pumped out by all the stolen cars in San Andreas.

Motto: "Cyclists... dodging cars, pulling tricks, and busting headz!"
...whether those headz are our own or other people's depends on how rough we ride.

Mission Statement: The crew's purpose is to support its members in riding bikes, levelling up, making money, and otherwise succeeding, while doing so in a light-hearted collective fun manner.

Prospects: Prospective crew members should be good working team players, who will help each other out. Ego-minded hard-core competitors should not apply. Players, who can respect each other and keep group strategies in mind while having a good time, are ideal.

Communications: Headsets with micophones are highly desireable for CraC members so everyone can quickly communicate and coordinate strategies. If you do not have a microphone for whatever reason, then you should at least set your options to hear player chatter through your speakers or through a set of regular headphones without a microphone.

Stats: Prospective members can be any level and are not expected to be millionaires. However, members should at least be able to afford buying a legitimate BMX bike, so it show ups on the map as a personal vehicle. It also helps to own a garage to store bike(s) in because I can show members where a free BMX bike almost always spawns. After that the free bike can get a permanent tracker once it is parked in a garage.

In case anyone is wondering what my own stats are, as of March 13, 2014 I am level 53 and I own the luxury apartment on Alta Street with a ten car garage, which I usually keep filled with several well-modded motor vehicles and 3 BMX bikes on the wall.

My background: I have been playing the GTA series since its multi-player could only be played over dial-up modems. That was back when GTA had a pixelated bird's-eye-view, and I would car-jack my friends at the start of a race to get a huge head start. Admittedly, I would usually use the head start to go off course so I could snag a rocket launcher and ambush my friends near the end of the route. Regardless, I am much older now and way more mature, so I promise I will never intentionaly car-jack my fellow crew members or blow up their rides!

Age: If you are too young or naive to know what a dial-up modem is, then you probably should not join CraC. As the one starting CraC, let me just tell you I am over thirty years old. I have no desire to play with annoying little brats or hormonal teens, who feel the need to prove something. Kids should not be playing GTA anyway. You might argue that I was playing GTA when I was a little punk, but back then you could not pick up a prostitute, screw her, and run her over to get your money back. Despite the presence of adult themes in the game and CraC's preference for older mature members, that does not mean members should be pouring out profanity. Tasteful taunts and sportmanly jokes are accepable, but verbally disrespecting other members will not be tolerated.

Size/activity: I do not envision this crew ever becoming a massive legion because I do not want crew members ever thinking of each other as strangers. I think that tends to happen in larger crews. At the most I foresee the crew growing to no more than 2 dozen members. That way we can fill up an entire private on-line session with our own crew while still taking into account some crew members occasionally missing in attendance.

Personally, I tend to play GTA On-line about once a week for several hours at a time usually on the weekends, but I would likely increase my gaming schedule to accomodate hooking up with crew members. Also, if the crew forms up well, then I intend to assign higher-ups to a loose schedule based on their own real life requirements. This way members can expect to find crew members on-line at partcular times. For instance, I may promote three or four lieutenants (LTs) with each one being assigned to a different span of time throughout the day. With just a dozen crew members in total, this can still mean three crew members and one LT can play in a session and roll together in a single four-person motor vehicle, then at other times the entire crew can assemble to fill an entire on-line session. This crew is also open to all international players as long as they can speak and write English, which will allow members from different time zones to fill out the overall crew schedule.

Cycling: Obviously, this is primarily a bicycle crew, or bike gang, but it should be noted cycling all the time is not mandatory. In fact, many missions and activities in the game require the use of motor vehicles, so it would not make sense to be on a bicycle 24/7. Despite this liberty for motor vehicle usage, while in the presence of other crew members there are preferences for what types of cars and motorcycles members are expected to use when not on a bicycle. "Official" crew vehicle recommendations are listed below in the protocol section of this recruitment post.

If anyone is wondering why I want to set up a bike gang, then I think I have a good reason. For several years I worked as a professional bike messenger in New York City, but do not call me a hipster. I never rode a track/fixed bike, and my only rig is still a cargo-bike. Getting back to my point though, I was heavily involved in the New York Bike Messenger Association, which was kind of like a bike gang/club in its own way, so I miss that comraderie. Now I live in south central Pennsylvania where my wife and I moved to buy a house. After living here for a few years I have not met anyone, who plays GTA, and I am out of touch with my old buddies. If you know anything about the messenger scene, I am the Tone, who started Cranksgiving back in 1999. Originally, Cranksgiving was one of several annual illegal alleycat bike messenger street races, so I guess stirring up a bit of organized mayhem is something I am good at.

Protocols: the guidelines listed below are for crew members, who seriously want to represent when rolling with CraC:
1) The gang's primary ride is a BMX with a mountain bike as an acceptable alternate. This is so you can bunny-hop a$$holes in cars and pull tricks for kicks. The crew's official color is green, so if you can manage to score a random green or black bike, that is ideal.
2) If you have to be motorized on two wheels, then ride a Sanchez dirt bike for quick off-road get-aways. Preferably it should be the "livery" version with the #5 green-star respray to properly represent the crew's colors. An acceptable alternative to this is a Western Daemon with a green flame paint job, which can only be obtained by first killing a member of the LOST motorcycle club. Just for kicks, the LOST MC is the sworn enemy of CraC within city limits.
3) For four wheels, drive a Picador muscle-car in urban areas or an off-road Bodhi outside the city. These are both pick-up style vehicles so crew members on 2-wheels can bunny hop onto the flat-bed in the back. In case you have not noticed, both of these vehicles have better overall stats than other pick-up trucks.

4) Vehicle primary colors should be matte black with green as the secondary color because green is the crew's official color. Naturally, the crew emblem should be displayed on the vehicle. Wheel type should be high-end "Shadow" in green with red tire smoke. The green on the shadow-style wheels looks like spinning leaf blades while the red smoke simulates blood splatter... consider us eco-terrorists if you want.

5) All motor vehicles should have custom "Clown" horns because sometimes cyclists use clown horns instead of bells. This is to demonstrate allegiance to your humble bicycle roots by joking like a "clown" at how silly you look while driving a car or riding a motorcycle.

6) Uniform colors are black and/or green since green is the crew's official color, but brown or any camo is perfectly fine as well. Cargo pants or cargo shorts are ideal for pants with track jackets, hoodies, or T-shirts displaying the crew emblem as a top. Remember, this is not a Motorcycle Club, so no leather jackets! No one in the crew will be a fascist about fashion, but dressing appropriately is definitely a sign of respect.

7) If you want to show off some crew ink, then get the "Broken Skull" tattoo, which is a reward unlocked by beating the "scoping out" sniper rifle weapons challenge. The tattoo depicts a bearded skull with a blasted hole in its head. Therefore, it is appropriate for veteran Crackhead members. The tattoo is applied to the leg, which is why cargo shorts are acceptable in the uniform.

Enforcement: Enforcement of protocols may be carried out against a rule breaker once per session at the discretion of each and every other crew member in that session. However, the punishment must only be in the form of a head-shot executed by a sniper rifle. This form of punishment also assists members in unlocking the challenge needed to acquire the "Broken Skull" crew tattoo. Rule breakers can not seek any retribution after they receive their punishment(s).

Example: A crew member in his own "crew" car drives up to a fellow crew member, but uses a police siren instead of a clown horn to signal him to get in the car. In this scenario there are a total of four crew members playing in the session, but only one notices the offense of not having a clown horn. The crew member, who does notice the offense, must give a warning for the violation of protocols by notifying everyone in the session. At that point the offender can expect to be shot in the head up to three times during the rest of that session. For the duration of that session the other crew members can then individually choose whether to enact punishment even after the offender has either modded his car according to protocol or switched to an appropriate vehicle.

Applying: So... if for some bizarre reason you have actually read my entire propoganda post and are twisted enough to still be interest in joining me in building the Crackhead Cycos, then you should follow these instructions:

1) Reply to this thread to bump it up and keep it active, so it can continue to attract interest by showing other potentially interested people CraC is growing.

2) Join CraC either through the GTA5 interface or by following the link provided near the top of this post. CraC does not require invites for recruits because there are so few players, who actually want to be in a bike gang. However, this actually helps screen out undesirable players naturally. Later on, if anyone proves they are a complete a$$, then they will be booted from CraC.

3) Send a message through Xbox Live to "Tone 8", and include your GTA Forum username. This way I can reply to you with more details about the crew through a personal message on GTA Forums. That personal message thread will remain as a better method to communicate between me and each member because it will not be limited to short texts.

4) After I send you a personal message through GTA Forums, then I will send you a friend request on Xbox Live. NEVER send me a blank text or wordless friend request through Xbox Live. I will most likely ignore them.

Best wishes to all and "RIDE" safe,

_TONE_

Tone 8
  • Tone 8

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:17 PM Edited by Tone 8, 13 March 2014 - 07:33 PM.

It has been a week since my original post and although there have been a decent amount of views, no one has come forward to show interest in joining. That dissapoints me a little, but I am not deterred.

The lack of response does make me wonder why readers of my recruitment post are not following through. I have to wonder whether it is because the Crackhead Cycos are a bicycle gang rather than a Motorycle Club. Everyone seems to want to start or join an MC, which is fine in my opinion, but I felt starting a bicycle gang would be a fun twist on that. I do not take the game that seriously, so I thought it would be fun to roll with a crew on bicycles rather than motorcycles.

I will be the first to admit riding ONLY bicycles can be a drag at times. I really wish Rockstar had made it so the mechanic would bring you bicycles as well. That alone limits the convenience of riding bicycles in the game, but I guess that is why it is called Grand Theft "AUTO." In any case, with this in mind I do want to clarify I do not expect crew members to always have to ride only bicycles. That is not realistic, which is why the protocols are more like guidelines than hard rules. Whether the crew rolls on bicycles will depend on what we are doing. For instance, it would be nearly impossible to complete certain missions on bicycles, so we would utilize whatever the best vehicles are for the job. Mostly I foresee riding as a pack on bicycles during light-hearted free-roam sessions or when racing each other in custom bicycle races, etc.

If readers of this follow-up post are still on the fence about applying to the Crackhead Cycos, just remember BMX and mountain bikes are the only "vehicles" capable of bunny-hopping on demand. That is not only fun to whip out tricks and pull stunts at times, but can also be very useful when jumping a guard-rail while being pursued by enemies on motorcycles or in cars. Bicycles are also nearly indestructible unless they are blown up or dumped into deep water, and even if that happens they are the cheapest vehicle you can buy. Actually, there are one or two spots where a BMX bike will almost always spawn, so they are practically free even if you do not have a garage.

Anyway, that's the follow-up to my recruitment post. Hopefully it will persuade some players out there to consider joining. If that happens, then it will be cool to play with like-minded new faces. By the way, I do realize I am starting this crew from scratch on my own, which in itself might deter new recruits. However, I was hoping the reruitment post would appeal to players, who would like to help build a crew rather than join a larger pre-existing one. I am merely a humble dude, who wants to play with a few other like-minded players in similar circumstances.

As always, Ride Safe,

_TONE_

• Plague Joker likes this

Tone 8
  • Tone 8

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

It has been four weeks since my orginal recruitment post. Since then, I have gotten several friend requests without any attached messages. In my previous posts I thought I made it clear, if anyone is interested in joining the Crackhead Cycos, then they should not only send me a friend request through Xbox Live, but they should also include a message along with it. Otherwise, I will not accept the friend request. Personally, I like to know who all my friends are on Xbox Live instead of having tons of strangers, who I can not keep track of, as my supposed "friends." Basically, I prefer quality instead of quantity.

The main reason I asked potential recruits to do this is because for some strange reason I regularly get blank friend requests from complete strangers. I think it has something to do with playing Terraria a while back and getting pretty decent in it. However, ever since I posted this recruitment invite, I also noticed several of the people, who sent me random blank friend requests, had both GTA5 and Terraria in the game list comparison. Therefore, I want to remind anyone, who is at all interested in joining the Crackhead Cycos, to send me a little message along with their friend request.

Thanks for reading this.

Best wishes to all and ride safe,

_TONE_

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

An offer you can't refuse.

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

I'm interested.. Really interested.
I don't have a mic. I communicate through text messages.
And I'm 13 years old. But I'm really mature.

So yeah.

Tone 8
  • Tone 8

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:57 PM Edited by Tone 8, 14 March 2014 - 02:01 AM.

Mr. BROver:

Considering you said you think you can be mature, I will try you out if you are interested. As you said yourself, how mature can you really be anyway in a game where you can punch old ladies in the face. Personally, I prefer to bunny hop onto the heads of small packs of gang members for a bit more of a challenge, but to each his own.

I will admit I am disappointed you do not have a mic, but I am willing to try things out. I know I have had a decent time with non-mic players in free roam by using honks and gestures, etc. As long as you can hear me, maybe I can work with you. Do you at least have a chat pad to facilitate texting? Either way, if you have not done so already, send me a message on Xbox Live, so we can work out the details. I have the same exact gamer tag as my user name here.

_TONE_

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

GunWrath:
Thanks for laying down the law. I would have stated the same thing once I noticed certain users were corrupting the thread, but you beat me to it.

Mr. BROver:
Considering you said you think you can be mature, I will try you out if you are interested. As you said yourself, how mature can you really be anyway in a game where you can punch old ladies in the face. Personally, I prefer to bunny hop onto the heads of small packs of gang members for a bit more of a challenge, but to each his own.
I will admit I am disappointed you do not have a mic, but I am willing to try things out. I know I have had a decent time with non-mic players in free roam by using honks and gestures, etc. As long as you can hear me, maybe I can work with you. Do you at least have a chat pad to facilitate texting? Either way, if you have not done so already, send me a message on Xbox Live, so we can work out the details. I have the same exact gamer tag as my user name here.

_TONE_

I use Xbox smartglass. Is that ok? I used to ride my bikes with friends. But now they stopped playing. And stupid griefers start killing me with a tank when I'm on a bicycle. Ill send you a message by tomorrow as my exams end tomorrow.

Judicious 7
  • Judicious 7

Compassionate

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

So.. I see how this request or thread is pretty empty. I like riding BMX's on GTA V, and playing around. I also am very skilled at completing missions and whatnot. 18 yrs old, and I have a mic. I have well over enough money to purchase whatever cars upgrades or amount of bicycles I need.

I like the stipulations you give too. However, I am already in a crew with "pretty much" lifelong pals that I've known since I've joined Xbox Live.

My username is the same as my gamer tag. It's literally spelled the same way. I would like more information about this crew please..

Tone 8
  • Tone 8

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:47 AM Edited by Tone 8, 20 March 2014 - 02:37 PM.

Judicious 7,

What else would you like to know about CraC? I got your text on Xbox Live and responded to it, but just to be thorough I will answer here too.

It is fine with me if you are in another crew, just as long as it is not another bike gang (as in bicycle not MC).

As for it being about fun or missions, I am pretty flexible and willing to do whatever, but personally I would rather be goal-oriented. Basically, I am thinking when we play together we would primarily ride BMXs untill faced with the necessity to drive a motor vehicle. At the same time though, occasionally I would be totally down with doing various motor-vehicle stuff just to change things up.

Crew Update:

After Mr. BROver joined CraC I decided to make and publish a custom point-to-point bicycle race as an introduction for new CraC members. It is basically a tour of the city's 6 skate/ramp parks with it ending on the beach at sunset. I figure since CraC is a bike gang, every member should be at least familiar with all the skate/ramp park locations as potential rally/meet points. For ease of communication amongst CraC members, I refer to these spots as: Roof, Park, Overpass, Hood, Pagoda, and Beach. In any case, the race is less than 10 minutes long, and it is called "Ramp It Up!" It has numerous ramps and jumps, including some stunt jumps.

Unfortunately there occasionally seems to be a bug in it where one particular ramp becomes invisible, but I guess that is what we have to deal with since the race creator is still a beta version. Other than that, I think it is a pretty decent well-paced race route considering it tours around most of the city.

_TONE_

Mr. BROver
  • Mr. BROver

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:03 PM

Judicious 7,
What else would you like to know about CraC? I got your text on Xbox Live and responded to it, but just to be thorough I will answer here too.
It is fine with me if you are in another crew, just as long as it is not another bike gang (as in bicycle not MC).
As for it being about fun or missions, I am pretty flexible and willing to do whatever, but personally I would rather be goal-oriented. Basically, I am thinking when we play together we would primarily ride BMXs untill faced with the necessity to drive a motor vehicle. At the same time though, occasionally I would be totally down with doing various motor-vehicle stuff just to change things up.

Crew Update:
After Mr. BROver joined CraC I decided to make and publish a custom point-to-point bicycle race as an introduction for new CraC members. It is basically a tour of the city's 6 skate/ramp parks with it ending on the beach at sunset. I figure since CraC is a bike gang, every member should be at least familiar with all the skate/ramp park locations as potential rally/meet points. For ease of communication amongst CraC members, I refer to these spots as: Roof, Park, Overpass, Hood, Pagoda, and Beach. In any case, the race is less than 10 minutes long, and it is called "Ramp It Up!" It has numerous ramps and jumps, including some stunt jumps.
Unfortunately there occasionally seems to be a bug in it where one particular ramp becomes invisible, but I guess that is what we have to deal with since the race creator is still a beta version. Other than that, I think it is a pretty decent well-paced race route considering it tours around most of the city.

_TONE_

Yes actually, I tried out this guys race, and it was really good. But didnt have a chance to get to beach.

Tone 8
  • Tone 8

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:47 AM Edited by Tone 8, 27 March 2014 - 04:59 AM.

Mr. BROver,

Thanks for the compliment on my custom race. I was wondering what happened to you when we were doing it together, but it should be published so anyone can try it out for themselves whenever they want.

More Custom Bike Races -

After I made the "Ramp It Up!" custom point-to-point bicycle race/tour through all the skate/ramp parks, I decided to make a couple more lap-based bicycle race courses.

One is called "Back-2-Back 8-Track". It is basically a figure-8 track full of ramps and it is all contained within the center of the horse-track in the north east part of the city. The course overlaps itself somewhat with two different variations, so in a way each lap is like two laps. I have had a number of people race in it with me and they all thought it was well made.

The other lap bicycle race I created is called "Pedalers in the Plaza". It takes place on that block inside the middle of the city where there is a plaza/park filled with colorful cubic-like structures and a fountain. Similar to the 8-track course I made parts of it overlap, but it has more routing differences. Since it is all held within a single city block, it is very tight and quick for a bicycle race with many ramps and jumps. People, who raced it, also gave it good compliments.

I originally designed all these races primarily for BMX bicycles with an allowance for mountain bikers (scorchers) because I wanted riders to use bunny hopping capabilities. However, in all of my races some of the people I raced with "cheated" by using the road/racing bicycles, so they managed to finish the race without needing to bunny hop at all. I was surprised by that, but it was fine by me. Personally, I think the race courses I made are more fun with a BMX due to higher jumps, but obviously you can go faster with a road/race bike, so you will most likely beat anyone on a BMX.

All of these three bicycle races have been published, so anyone should be able to find them. If you follow the link below, which goes to the Crackhead Cycos crew page on the R* social club, you can also see an overview, screen shot, and map for all the race courses under the "Total Jobs Created" section.

http://socialclub.ro...crackhead_cycos

Enjoy... and ride safe,

_TONE_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users