5 replies to this topic
GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:50 AM

Looking at the long wait up until the release of GTA V with all the hype and the screenshots slowly being given to us, it makes me wonder what it was like back when GTA III was coming out. I never got to experience this, playing my first GTA Game a few years after the release of GTA III.

So I ask you guys (those who knew), what was the hype for GTA III like, How did you find out about the game? Did it have some hype? How did you find out more info about it nearer release? Were any of you a member on GTA3Forums.com?
  • Th3MaN1 likes this

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

I'm not sure about the initial hype for it, I didn't have a PS2 when it came out.

But I first saw it after buying a PLAY magazine with a huge feature. I was hooked on what I saw, plus I enjoyed the original games. So I got my mates mum to buy it for me.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:13 PM Edited by Hodgey., 12 February 2014 - 02:14 PM.

I played GTA 1, GTA 2 plus GTA London before GTA III was released however I was fairly unaware that it was getting released until I played it for the first time at a friends house. I actually played and completed GTA VC before I went and bought GTA III for myself.

So like alot of people I dont have much understanding of the hype.

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

Midnight Wanderer

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:33 AM

I don't think there are many members here, who've witnessed what had happened 12 years back. But, we can always look in the archive. Not the closest one though.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

I'm actually interested too.

• GTAKid667 likes this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

I don't think there are many members here, who've witnessed what had happened 12 years back. But, we can always look in the archive. Not the closest one though.

No, we can't as only the front page is archived - I've already checked long ago.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users