Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV vs GTA V

228 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA IV vs GTA V (281 member(s) have cast votes)

Gameplay

1. IV (76 votes [27.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.05%

2. V (205 votes [72.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 72.95%

Story/Characters

1. IV (231 votes [82.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.21%

2. V (50 votes [17.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.79%

Place

1. IV (128 votes [45.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.55%

2. V (153 votes [54.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote
IDAS Leader
  • IDAS Leader

We're not strong, We're injustice strong !!!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:58 PM

GTA V seemed way better.

bst81
  • bst81

GTA V & Watch Dogs videos

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Gameplay GTA V

Story/Characters GTA IV for sure

Place GTA V, Los Santos is a beautiful place, include the mount chiliad too :D

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Gameplay: V
Storyline: IV
Setting: Liberty City

JeffreyDahmer
  • JeffreyDahmer

Dan Houser Is God

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:33 PM

Story - IV 

But the Storyline In V is Slated Unfairly on this site it was still an Entertaining Story and not Nearly as bad or Poorly Written as Some  People Claim it to be .

Gamplay - V 

V Has the Edge as it feels More Polished and new which is Expected But IV Does Have better Driving.

Location - IV (only Just)

Liberty city has a Special place in my heart but los santos/Blaine County is great in its Own Right.

Overall IV remains My Favorite Grand Theft Auto But V   does Somethings Better.

chrisscorsese88
  • chrisscorsese88

A Survivor is Born

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:54 PM Edited by chrisscorsese88, 06 June 2014 - 12:14 AM.

Gameplay: IV

Story/Characters: IV

Gameplay went to V before I played IV, but now my vote goes to IV. Same thing with Story/Characters. GTA V still gets my vote for Location though, LA-based city is better than NYC-based city, the overall bright atmosphere from V gives me a cheery feeling compared to the gloomy feeling I get from IV.

Overall though, IV gets my vote.

Edit: Didn't see the "Posted 4 weeks ago". If this is a bump, I apologize and can be locked.  :)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:03 AM

Literally the only things I really like about V are how it has countryside, a much more interactive mobile phone and internet, better gunplay/cover, and a somewhat better radio. Everything else, like plot, driving, etc. goes with IV.

Alvinz10000
  • Alvinz10000

Computer Kid

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:14 AM Edited by Alvinz10000, 10 July 2014 - 08:05 AM.

Gameplay: I don't think GTA IV's gameplay is as bad as what people say it is, but GTA V just slightly nudges it. Though I still prefer IV's side missions.

Story/characters: Easily GTA IV. GTA V's story isn't bad per say by video games standards, but it's not as tight and pulled together aswell as GTA IV IMO and it's characters aren't that interesting to me either.

Place: Liberty City> Los Santos/Blaine County.

Ahh you changed your crappy sig. which was Johnny stomping on Trev. GOOD.

Anwho, 

Gameplay: V wins in gameplay without a doubt.

Story: IV, obviously.

Place: I've always preferred Los Santos over LC. 

You mean this one?

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

ny9.gif

I think it would be epic if someone done a Niko version of him stomping Trevor's head into the ground. :)

Hitman5
  • Hitman5

Sick Again

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:26 AM

Gameplay: V easily

Story/Characters: IV easily

Place: LS + Blaine County is overall more fun than Liberty City but Liberty City by itself slays Los Santos and most of V took place in Los Santos so I went with IV.

Alvinz10000
  • Alvinz10000

Computer Kid

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

Thanks For 2000 Views! :lol:

TJtheS2000fan
  • TJtheS2000fan

That guy from that thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

Gameplay: V, but not by much. It just felt tighter and I like the upgraded vehicle damage (I just drive around trying to knock the wheels off of cars). 

Story/Characters: IV, by a significant margin. It's not that V's story was bad, but its story just couldn't hope to have the power IV's had.

Location: V; also not by much. I enjoy the relative expansiveness of V's map, along with the relative diversity when compared to LC. That said, if R* tweaked their IV map and made it larger and closer to the density to real-life NY, I'd probably enjoy that much more than V.

Overall, IV is better.

squeezx
  • squeezx

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

Is IV including the Lost & Damned and Gay Tony ? If so then definitely GTA IV.

But I really liked Michael in GTA V!

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

Gameplay: V

Story: V. The story in IV just dragged on longer than it needed to.

Characters: Equally bad in both games.

Place: A no brainier... GTA V. Liberty City is extremely dull, it's the worst city in the series if you ask me.

EaglesFan1825
  • EaglesFan1825

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Gameplay:V
Story: IV, the story in V is terrible.

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

Hiii PoWeReD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:11 PM

Gta iv imo had the second best storyline in the entire series and was more bout realism whereas V kinda returned to its older roots and felt more free and more open like san andreas & vice city. Even though i lived inner city most of my life and live a state away from NY i find Los Santos to be a more upbeat, progressive, and laid back like the real life los Angeles as a better location to live. Now i know NY has a more richer and diverse culture but im just more into locations by the coastline like south carolina, florida, and cali and Liberty City felt too gloomy, congested, and depressing. IV's story was definitely was WAY better than V's rushed and randomly thrown together story. I do prefer the driving mechanics of IV as opposed to V but the map of V is just so much better and more diverse whereas IV was just inner city. The best part about V was the online and i feel they should've just made V an online game with a complete CO-OP story.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Serpent Ruled

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

Gameplay-V

Story/Characters-IV

Location- V

IV I only really liked the story a bit better. As far as gameplay and location "V" wins hands down.

Alvinz10000
  • Alvinz10000

Computer Kid

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

Gta iv imo had the second best storyline in the entire series and was more bout realism whereas V kinda returned to its older roots and felt more free and more open like san andreas & vice city. Even though i lived inner city most of my life and live a state away from NY i find Los Santos to be a more upbeat, progressive, and laid back like the real life los Angeles as a better location to live. Now i know NY has a more richer and diverse culture but im just more into locations by the coastline like south carolina, florida, and cali and Liberty City felt too gloomy, congested, and depressing. IV's story was definitely was WAY better than V's rushed and randomly thrown together story. I do prefer the driving mechanics of IV as opposed to V but the map of V is just so much better and more diverse whereas IV was just inner city. The best part about V was the online and i feel they should've just made V an online game with a complete CO-OP story.

CO-OP Story?

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

I really can't decide, at least by those parameters.

Gameplay? Well, V is more evolved, there is simply more and more diverse stuff to do and a lot of it is handled better. But there are also a bunch of little things I liked better in IV. For instance, I like the weapon wheel, but I don't like having access to all weapons at any time or that the game doesn't seem to remember my preferences. And I can't make up my mind on which game did driving better.

Story/Characters? That in particular is a tough one, I think IV had the better overall story, but V has some better moments and some better characters (some others drag it down, however).

Setting? No preference, really. More could probably have been done with Blaine Country, especially north of the desert, but then again, some areas in IV didn't see much use either. And I think that might be more of a gameplay complaint, anyhow.

The only case there's a clearcut winner, would probably be graphics.

• TheOtherRyan likes this

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 12 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

Gameplay: Gta IV. Small things like climbing, ducking and not hostile-for-no-reason peds already make a huge difference. Also the setting. It has a dark, gritty atmosphere. Gta V can't decide if it's a cartoon or real life simulation.

Story and characters: Gta IV.

Location: V has the prettier looking map. But this doesn't make up for everything else it's lacking.

xge1n
  • xge1n

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:18 PM

Gta 5 of course gta 4 sucks!

FootFetishBoy
  • FootFetishBoy

i Love Chicks Feet like quentin

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 12:44 AM Edited by FootFetishBoy, 15 July 2014 - 12:46 AM.

i would Slightly Favor IV I Just feel it was the better Package and mixed in with the Episodes it just has the  more Interesting Stories and better Characters.

but V Could of Easily been better than IV In fact in many ways it is it just needed a better / Longer Story that did not have so many Gimmicks if it had a story that was least On Par With IV It would be a better game Than IV It blows Iv out of the water in terms of Mission Variety. 

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2014 - 01:35 AM

gameplay: V

story and characters: V

place: Liberty City :inlove:

Alvinz10000
  • Alvinz10000

Computer Kid

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

Gta 5 of course gta 4 sucks!

How?

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Gameplay: V but not by much. IV still has crouching, driving and so forth. 

Story: Lol, is this even a question? IV

Place: Just because LS/BC is bigger doesn't mean it's better. The atmosphere and detail in LC sh*ts on everything in V.

Alvinz10000
  • Alvinz10000

Computer Kid

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:56 AM Edited by Alvinz10000, 18 September 2014 - 01:46 PM.

Just because LS/BC is bigger doesn't mean it's better. The atmosphere and detail in LC sh*ts on everything in V.

:D

• TheOtherRyan and Kampret like this

Alvinz10000
  • Alvinz10000

Computer Kid

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 18 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Emmm...Vote Results

Gameplay:V

Story:IV

Place:?

Donut
  • Donut

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by thekillerdonuts, 18 September 2014 - 02:06 PM.

Gameplay: IV - I prefer the driving physics and shooting mechanics.

Story: IV - I prefer a dark, serious story with hidden layers and deeper meanings any day.

Place: IV - I prefer LC with it's gritty atmosphere and living environment.

Crap, didn't realize this was bumped.

• TheOtherRyan and Kampret like this

Kampret
  • Kampret

GabeN is fat.

• The Yardies
  • Indonesia

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

Another bump is alright...

Gameplay: This one is hard to decide. V's cover is significantly smoother and better than IV's, but IV still got crouching. Shooting in IV is realistic, but can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Driving in IV is wonderful. So, IV.

Story: This one is a no-brainer. Obviously IV.

Map: HD-SA is no doubt a LOT bigger than HD-LC, but it's the little things that made GTA maps unique. The vote goes to IV. Can't beat the level of detail they've put into HD-LC.

Overall, IV.

I'm not saying that V sucks, but IMO IV is better.

• Donut, theGTAking101 and ten-a-penny like this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

I think, LS/BC as a place, will blow IV completely out of the water on the NG/PC version.
But, rest everything is pretty average, esp. Story/characters in comparion.
I'm not sure about the gameplay, since they haven't spoke about anything new, and solid content to offer over its previous version.
But, V definitely has the potential.
Let's see.

Bender
  • Bender

Rindfleischettikierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:25 PM

Gameplay: I don't think GTA IV's gameplay is as bad as what people say it is, but GTA V just slightly nudges it. Though I still prefer IV's side missions.

Story/characters: Easily GTA IV. GTA V's story isn't bad per say by video games standards, but it's not as tight and pulled together aswell as GTA IV IMO and it's characters aren't that interesting to me either.

Place: Liberty City> Los Santos/Blaine County.

Ahh you changed your crappy sig. which was Johnny stomping on Trev. GOOD.

Anwho, 

Gameplay: V wins in gameplay without a doubt.

Story: IV, obviously.

Place: I've always preferred Los Santos over LC. 

You mean this one?

I think it would be epic if someone done a Niko version of him stomping Trevor's head into the ground. :)

Johnny is pretty much everyone who hates V.

Skeever
  • Skeever

The nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 18 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Gameplay: V - I did like the shooting in IV better, but the driving, physics and overall gameplay is better in V, in my opinion.

Story/Characters: IV - Other than Michael and Trevor, the story characters weren't very fleshed out at all in V, especially Franklin. The missions had their ups and downs; some missions were good, others not so much. The story itself was pretty decent, in my opinion.

GTA IV also had both good and bad missions (Three Leaf Clover deserves the praise it gets), and the story itself is pretty good. There were good, fleshed-out supporting characters in IV as well as some bad and overall useless ones (like Little Jacob, for example). IV does win by a small margin, though.

Place: V - Liberty City was pretty cool, but it did get bland after having played there for so long. I like the city environment, but there wasn't enough variety (but it's not really IV's fault, as it is an accurate recreation of New York City). GTA V's LS and BC had much more variety.

• Kampret likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users